New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1488

Thread: Riverside 19

1. - Top - End - #1381
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 19

[Lotus Gardens - Chapel]

Wenomir sighs and leans on his sword, trying and failing to pay attention to everything around him. Ilpholin does need to be rescue from AMEN, and the whole organization needs to be put in its place and reminded what happens when they step out of line. But he can't focus on any of it yet. And the fate of Riverside is out of his hands. He's never been one to handle politics.

"Before I do anything else, I have to get my body back," he says. "And the proper owner of the one I occupy is missing."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Halfling in the Playground

[Lotus Gardens --> Away!]

Adir catches the keys deftly enough and gives them a glance as they lay in his palm. "Uh, thanks boss," he grins, stuffing them into his pocket. His expression turns a bit more serious as he looks at Wenomir and Cessie. "I'll be seeing you all soon, I'm sure."

The stag slumps a bit, finally letting his guard down, and makes his way toward this parking garage so he can get out of the city.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Northside]

What's left of Malechenar's forces are spreading out over Riverside to find survivors and inspect the damages. Would they even be able to rebuild with the castle gone? It was their seat of power...

Sekai, the current leader of the fourth tower, is safe however. The acolytes and other warlocks are gathering around her as she is doing a headcount. It appears like the fourth tower came out of this relatively unharmed at the very least.
    When the angel approaches them, Sekai is the one to address it. "We summoned the angel here." She claims, gesturing at herself and the group gathered behind her. "Why are you asking? I don't even know who you are or why you came to our aid."

Into the Breach==> Outside the city

Malechenar castle will be seen flying away, disappearing over the horizon.
    However, it doesn't disappear before Eric and Tallya can get out.
    They helped the fourth tower members escape the castle, and Eric went alone into war-zone that was the corridors of the great building and managed to help Lord Ryhe himself to get out before the castle crashed to the ground after sabotaging the engine.

"It won't be enough. They will have it running again in no time with Harolds aid." The vampire lord remarks as he and Eric are making their way back to the city. He's still dressed up in his bloody battle armor which covers him from head to toe, even completely masking his face. Though being seven feet tall and with claws, maybe that's for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [The Lotus Gardens - Approaching]

Archera has made her way across the city with her bubble enclosed pixie prisoner right behind her. She doesn't know much about the people that run Eastside... and hopefully things are still intact here. She'll first looks for someone who can help her with this whole prisoner situation.

Well, there are barely any people in the gardens that aren't busy either attending to Jezebel or discussing things with Felandria, or simply trying to keep people alive.
    However, Archera does come across a friendly bear that is heading in the same direction as she is.
    The bear will give her a longer glance, seemingly unsure how to react to her presence.

Wenomir, who is looking for said bear, might come across this strange meeting.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-11-11 at 10:59 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ogre in the Playground

Away!

Right where Hunter Jones said it would be, sits an untouched and very expensive looking hoverbike. It was as long as a car, had two great big jet arrays on the front and back instead of wheels, and was all dressed up in sleek midnight black with a glimmering star field painted on that seemed to move separately from reality. It was almost certainly not something even a high ranking officer would be able to afford. Thankfully for Jones, all the financial records of the Hunters got destroyed as well before an audit could be done.

Still. It looked pretty sweet and would undoubtedly handle like a dream. Sakura better watch out for her.

Outside The City

Despite being able to at least give a small nod, Eric himself isn't in all that good of a shape after his first taste of combat. His bitten shoulder is swollen and an ugly hot red from infection, he's covered in likely dozens of shallow cuts, has a nasty gash on his cheek that might go all the way to his teeth, and despite trying his best to wipe the blood and Essence off of himself plenty of it undoubtedly got into his wounds. He was loathe to admit it, but he also rolled an ankle just stepping badly on a body and that was bothering him too.

However, in the face of all of that, he'd at least been able to do what he'd been asked to and to help Lord Ryhe and kept ahold of the sword he'd borrowed from the soldier. Maybe he'd get a chance to turn it in.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [After the Invasion]

[Northside]

"But how did you do this?"
    The angel taps the tips of its wings anxiously on the ground.
    "The demons will not stop here. We must investigate every avenue of resistance, and your angel seemed instrumental in the city's defense."

[Southside]

This is not a good time for the district.
    The city center has been leveled, nothing standing except for a single bedgraggled tree. They're still digging the corpses of those slain by the chthonian out of the rubble.
    Speaking of which, the army has been decimated. Oh, sure, most of them had been on the borders, and some people who had been here had survived the golem attack. Like the General, who is definitely still alive despite not being seen since the attack. And it isn't as though they get much rest after the attack. Even the partially-trained cadets been pressed into work: keeping order and starting to rebuild.
    And the riverfront has been flooded. Buildings swept away. People (there are always some who ignore bad weather, no matter how 'caused by demons' it may be) swept away. Construction on the new city hall has been set back by months.
    Plus all the bridges are out, so traffic is terrible and getting from here to there is a mess.
    On top of that, the night has been full of monsters, disembodied head-spiders lurking in the corner of your vision.

But you know, things have been worse.
    There are still people alive in Southside. There's still a Southside. This isn't even top 3 worst disasters in the area's history.
    And the glassmakers are going to have great business after that sonic wave shattered every window in the city.

A pair of military folk are making their way to [DMside], part of their effort to check in with the other city leaders. A dragonfolk (Commandant Ruby) and a one-eyed orc (no publicly available name).
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir sighs with relief as she sees Anika's ursine form. And... whoever the other woman is. He'll just have to ask. He hurries towards the two.

"Anika! Thank the Riddle. And... who are you? I'm Wenomir of Vigil, just in not in my normal body. Long story," he says, once he reaches them.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

Archera stops dead in her tracks when she sees the bear. Why is there a bear here of all things? All she does is stare at it for the moment before Wenomir arrives. She starts a bit, but recovers into a wary stance.

"Call me Archera." She replies. They can just make out her furrowed brow past her helmet. "Then you can help me. I captured one of the higher ups from the invaders. She was controlling the undead." On queue the bubble and its pixie prisoner floats between the three.

8. - Top - End - #1388

"Please miss! I'm too young to go to jail! I got family! They don't even know that I'm here!" The pixie begs inside her cage. Wenomir might recognize her from from the chimera. It just sounds a lot more tiny and squeaky in person when not uttered by some horrible undead creature.

The bear grins as it spots, well, herself. Great! It runs up to him and attempts to get him/her into a real bear hug and lick Wenomir's face.

[Northside]

Sekai pauses, sensing an opportunity. "Well, if you have one or more of your people join our ranks, we could teach them, free of charge. If you believe them capable of learning from us of course." The angel seemed strange after all, like a form of fey or spirit. "I could hardly explain it over a quick chat I'm afraid. Learning to summon these beings could take a while, and could prove dangerous for those who haven't learned to do it properly."

Outside The City

The sword is kept levitating in the air until Eric will need it, Ryhe seemingly barely paying it any mind.
    "So much to be done now, but we gave them a good fight, didn't we?" The vampire lord muses. He doesn't appear to be injured despite his armor clearly having been penetrated multiple times. Vampires could take quite a lot of damage...

That the sun might be starting come up seemed to be more worrying however... "Now I will offer you two the best healing to be found in this world, in addition to anything you wish for." He pauses, knowingly. "But perhaps you are too proud to accept such a boon? It will of course come second to helping the people of the city."

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir is bear-hugged and licked. He seems to take it in stride, which might confuse Archera further. When he's told who the prisoner is, Anika's face brightens in a wicked, satisfied grin.

"Really. So she is the one responsible for the undead and the clothes-melting gas. If you're old enough for that, you're old enough to be locked up. Or preferably hanged. Unless you give us a damn good reason not to. Now, preferably."

10. - Top - End - #1390

Default [Northside]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Sekai pauses, sensing an opportunity. "Well, if you have one or more of your people join our ranks, we could teach them, free of charge. If you believe them capable of learning from us of course." The angel seemed strange after all, like a form of fey or spirit. "I could hardly explain it over a quick chat I'm afraid. Learning to summon these beings could take a while, and could prove dangerous for those who haven't learned to do it properly."
    She's right. They are strange. A sort of half-spirit, half-material being.

What an interesting opportunity. There was a time when mastering the unusual powers that some humans could command was top priority. And here's one just offering to teach them.
    "We will send you someone to learn."
    Of course they'll may need to eat Sekai for the lessons to really sink in. Perhaps not. The humans they've found so far seem to hav ea lot of potential. Either way, that can come later.

The angel blinks its smaller eyes in confirmation and turns to head southward. They had been going somewhere before their plans ran into Ilpholin. Perhaps they can get back to it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

[War-Torn Streets]

Something is stalking the ruined streets of Riverside. It doesn't act, just observes. Wherever there's children weeping for their parents, it hangs above them. Wherever someone laments a loss of their home, this presence listens with intent. It echoes with every anguished scream and angry, powerless rebuke of the monsters and their unwitting slaves who destroyed the city. It also delights in the fear the monsters themselves felt as their victims fought back, particularly the nymph bearing the unseen presence's mark.

The nymph seems to have been captured by the demons' slaves, who were even allowed to keep her. They sure do keep their servants on a long leash. The King in Rags knows he will have to try and rescue her. She upheld her part of the pledge, and a Lord of the Fae always pays his debts. And even without that, she's far too valuable a resource to let go of. But he has other obligations as well, and there's more feasting to be done in the despairing, fearful city. Soon he will have enough power to easily create the monster desired by those who gave them the gift of fire. Not long after he might even have enough of it to alter the dismal swamp he dwells in... perhaps create more bodies? But maybe it's best not to overextend himself just yet. The King simply dirts on the mists and the wind, every tear and shiver of fear like ambrosia to him.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

Archera gives 'Wenomir' a concerned look. Hopefully that's just an intimidation tactic. "I was going to go the the authorities here, but if you have a place for her..." She shrugs.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    [Riverside Hospital - Pre-Invasion]

Ok well if they convert me I'm making sure to go after you next. Nigel says to Tori playfully, before turning back to Vax.

Not yet! ...wait. Nigel says, before frowning and staring at his chest. His eye lights up with faint blue sparks, before he looks back up. Yeah, not yet. Why, is there gonna be some like... mystical smoke, or something? He is truly clueless. Do not take advantage of him Vax it wouldn't be right.
    [Northside Hospital - Pre-Invasion]

Tori smiles at Nigel, putting on a brave face for him. She was sure Vax knew what she was doing, but she also knew that mind magic was not the easiest to deal with, on an emotional level. The half-fiend felt for her new friend.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

14. - Top - End - #1394

[Northside]

"Excellent. Tell them that we're located on this address." Sekai says as she writes down a note to hand over to the angel before it leaves.

"Sure, I can do that." Zhareen replies with a wink as she untangles herself from Vax and sets out to lit the candles, carefully arranging them one by one. She then turns to Tori and Nigel and smiles widely. "You don't have to worry about a thing, Vax is the best warlock I know. I promise it's going to be so cool watching her work."

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riverside Hospital - Pre-Invasion]

"There will be smoke. You could say it'll be mystical, but mostly it'll be smoke." Vax waits for the candles to be lit, favouring Zhareen with a smile while she works. The candles immediately produce smoke, more than anyone would expect from a few candles. It seems to collect around the circle especially. "Breathe deeply, Nigel. We'll begin in moments if you're ready."

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Barbarian in the Playground

Riverside Hospital - Pre-Invasion

Oh neat. Are those like saltpetre and sugar sorta things or what? Nigel asks, before finally shutting up. It's magic, whatever. He'll breathe in as deeply as he can without coughing.

This is as ready as he's getting!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ogre in the Playground

Tori sits and watches the two ladies work, focusing on anything that might go wrong. She keeps a smile on, though, not wanting to worry Nigel. She didn't want to offend Vax, either. It was good she has an amazing poker face.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

18. - Top - End - #1398

Zhareen giggles at Nigel's. "Not at all, far worse. So be ready!"

The bear gets off Wenomir and sits down next to him/her and waves at Archera.

Getting on her knees, the pixie pleads, tearings running down her cheeks. "P-please, they'd kill me if I didn't do as they said!"

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

Anika/Wenomir sighs.

"Right, of course. Look, I heard your voice through that undead thing. It didn't sound like someone forcibly coerced into anything. In fact, you were downright damn delighted to see people's clothes melt off. So you can cut the act."

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

Without further delay, Vax speaks. The words are from a language neither Nigel nor Tori have ever heard before. This goes on for a minute before Vax stops. In that moment Nigel will feel very crowded. Like he's standing in a room full of people, though no one else has appeared. A dull throb starts to develop in the back of his head. "Keep breathing." Vax instructs. The smoke all around him seems to be moving in strange patterns. Nothing that regular air current should do. "Now, you are a surgeon, yes? With all that training that entails?"

"No one believes your crap, and you should consider yourself lucky you're being turned into decent people. There are a plenty who'd be less gracious." Archera looks at Wenomir as she says that, expectation in her eyes.

The bear... the bear will need to be processed later.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2018-11-18 at 10:56 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Barbarian in the Playground

Riverside Hospital - Pre-Invasion

Uh, yeah, I am trained as a surgeon, yes. Nigel says, trying to ignore the uncomfortable feelings. This is all just magic. Quicker it's over the quicker he can never deal with any of this nonsense again. Was it really important to have that throb in the back of his head? What was that fish person saying about the candles being... far worse? They wouldn't just poison him in front of the administrator, surely. It's fine, it'll all be fine. Plus isn't he supposed to like... think about his training, or something? He should have asked more questions about this.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1402

Default Re: [After the Invasion]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Northside]

"But how did you do this?"
    The angel taps the tips of its wings anxiously on the ground.
    "The demons will not stop here. We must investigate every avenue of resistance, and your angel seemed instrumental in the city's defense."

[Southside]

This is not a good time for the district.
    The city center has been leveled, nothing standing except for a single bedgraggled tree. They're still digging the corpses of those slain by the chthonian out of the rubble.
    Speaking of which, the army has been decimated. Oh, sure, most of them had been on the borders, and some people who had been here had survived the golem attack. Like the General, who is definitely still alive despite not being seen since the attack. And it isn't as though they get much rest after the attack. Even the partially-trained cadets been pressed into work: keeping order and starting to rebuild.
    And the riverfront has been flooded. Buildings swept away. People (there are always some who ignore bad weather, no matter how 'caused by demons' it may be) swept away. Construction on the new city hall has been set back by months.
    Plus all the bridges are out, so traffic is terrible and getting from here to there is a mess.
    On top of that, the night has been full of monsters, disembodied head-spiders lurking in the corner of your vision.

But you know, things have been worse.
    There are still people alive in Southside. There's still a Southside. This isn't even top 3 worst disasters in the area's history.
    And the glassmakers are going to have great business after that sonic wave shattered every window in the city.

A pair of military folk are making their way to [DMside], part of their effort to check in with the other city leaders. A dragonfolk (Commandant Ruby) and a one-eyed orc (no publicly available name).
    [DMside]

Have there even been more then 3 events related to southside since the old one disapeared?

After the demons leaving is confirmed DMside soon started to get crowded again. A few groups of people and robot have been sent out to help nearby to rebuild the structures. they aren't armed so hopefully the empire? won't bother them (I tend to forget the name of your fraction sorry)

The military peopl will be stoped by two mechanical guards.

"Hold! Disarm yourself if you want to enter!" the mechanical voice shouts at them.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #1403

Default [DMside]

We're including the disappearance of the old city in the count.

The orc looks to the officer. She nods, and they hand over their weapons: three guns and a lightsaber.
    "Of course. We come in peace, on behalf of the General of Southside."

The government doesn't really have a name. They're just 'Southside'. They won't need a name until they take over someplace else.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #1404

[DMside]

The guards will run a scan over the two, which I should said first since that would be propper so they at least know they are armed in the first place.
    The weapons will be put in a nearby box for safty.

"You will get those back when you leave. Remember where you went in for that matter." the robot replies. "Do you need any directions?"

25. - Top - End - #1405

Default [DMside]

They aren't hiding any additional weapons or anything. They don't even have any shovels or pocketknives. The Commandant is a notably higher temperature than the orc; comes with the dragon-ness.

"No thanks. It can't be that easy to get lost here." DMside isn't too big, after all.
    "But can you direct us to the leader here?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #1406

[Stu's Cell Phone]

Stu's cell phone rings. I'm sure it's an amazing ring tone, and I feel sorry for everybody who doesn't have the chance to hear it.

When (if? hopefully he answers) he answers, it's Harley Zorzo. "Hello, fellow government employee and roguishly handsome flower," she says, to signal that this is Eastside government business and not a 'hey do you want to hang out and watch movies at my place' call; "This is City Councilor Harley Martinez."

She pauses, gives him time to respond (even if the call went to voicemail! How considerate is she?) "I have heard from an anonymous supporter -" it was Magtok "- about a friendly Faction who really wants legitimacy and I'm headed there right now to convince them to help rebuild and help with relief efforts."

She continues: "While I'm speaking with that Faction, could you find out how this group can help out with the rebuilding and relief and, if possible, text me details or contact info for other government leaders or whatever? I'd really owe you one."

If Stueven is anything like his cousin Stu, he could definitely use the "I need contact info" as an acceptable pickup line to get somebody's phone number, if he doesn't already have it. I mean, I would definitely use it.

[A short while later, headed to The Faction's base-area]

As a matter of fact, Harley was telling the truth when she said she was on her way to The Faction's base, using the address she was given by Magtok.

She's driving that car that was given/lent to her by a certain AMENite.

She, the masked-politician-of-the-people Harley Martinez, parks outside of it and, double-checking the address, walks up to it. "Hello?" she calls out, in case there's any sentries so that they can report that someone's there looking for them. "I'd like to meet with The Faction."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #1407

Default Re: [DMside]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    They aren't hiding any additional weapons or anything. They don't even have any shovels or pocketknives. The Commandant is a notably higher temperature than the orc; comes with the dragon-ness.

"No thanks. It can't be that easy to get lost here." DMside isn't too big, after all.
    "But can you direct us to the leader here?"
    [DMside]

Dmside has becoem bigger due to the expensions we had. So it's possible.

"Her last known location is on the church ground. Big building. Take the second path right and you head straight for it."

28. - Top - End - #1408

The pixie sniffs loudly (for a pixie), but doesn't add anything else. She is letting her cries speak for her!

The bear continues sitting there, looking at Archera. Maybe they should continue on? They were going to imprison the pixie somewhere, weren't they? Or perhaps interrogate her right away. Maybe she knows something about the body-switching curse?

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Titan in the Playground

"There's two roles you can play," Wenomir says. "Captured informant or a demon collaborator executed to bolster people's morale. Take your pick." He then looks up at Archera. "Come on. We need to get her to the closest thing that remains from this city's authorities and lock her up somewhere." He gestures towards the Gardens.

30. - Top - End - #1410

Default [DMside]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Dmside has becoem bigger due to the expensions we had. So it's possible.

"Her last known location is on the church ground. Big building. Take the second path right and you head straight for it."
    I guess that's true. But I think they're prepared enough to not get lost.
    "Thanks." grumbles the orc.
    They head off. Second path to the right, off towards the church!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine