New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: [IC] Nature will gradually erase...

With the creature dead, Mercuira moves in towards the cave. If the paladins are any indication, the slime's effect is completely gone, and any other victims inside could be in mortal danger...unless there's another one.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Bugbear in the Playground

Surveying the scene, Arik checks what initiative each person has taken.

Darach is assisting the conscious paladin, Jarome the unconscious as well. Ah, Bell too. One paladin already headed to the surface, one conscious and now breathing, one stabilized, conscious, and now breathing. Looks like one didn't make it though. Such is lethal combat. Hmm, Mercuira is going into the cave. I have a few minutes of air before I have to return to the surface or benefit from a spell...

Kicking his feet, the hobgoblin follows Mercuira into the cave. The fight was over, but there could yet be further danger. 'Twould not be wise to let her dive without a partner.

Spoiler
    Show
    Breath: 35/46 rounds
    (I was idle for a round, it seems)
    Ifrit avatar by linkele

Spoiler: Other Avatars
    Show

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

Venturing into the cave, Arik and Mercuira are met by an unwelcome sight. Strewn along the floor of the cave are bodies in various states of decay, some bloated and floating up to the roof of the cave, whereas the more skeletal remains are on the bottom. The creatures haven't been here long enough - you don't think - for this amount of decomposition, seeing bones and such. Which means these unfortunate souls were probably eaten. One can only hope they were dead, first.

Deeper in the cave, however, the two discover something strange - a break in the water, leading to a pocket of air. Within, and looking very alarmed as the two humanoids break the surface, is one more paladin - this one, wearing finer armor, and a sash across his breastplate that indicates a higher rank than the group you fought outside. "Oh, Nuha," he exhales, relieved. He hustles forward, brushing back askew blond hair and looking at Mercuira and Arik with hope in his blue eyes. "Is this a rescue party?"
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Darach watches Mercuira and Arik go into the cave and briefly considers going in after them, but after several moments with no sign of a scuffle he decides to help the paladins instead. With the unconscious one stable and breathing, he picks him up and beings swimming toward the surface. Swimming up with that much dead weight will be difficult, but if all else fails he can just walk out along the bottom of the lake.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Swim check: [1d20]
    My ACP cancels out my swim bonus... I might be walking out after all

EDIT: Rolled on the OOC. I got a 4. Looks like I will be walking out.
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2019-01-14 at 05:34 PM.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Yes, we've saved the three that came out before and killed a very ugly fish. Can you swim - and are there any more of those creatures out there?"

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

"I... no, there was only the one," the man says. "I can... manage, if I ditch my armor here," he adds.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Troll in the Playground

Bell watches warily as two of their party head into the cave but they have survivors to tend to so that is what the half-elf turns her attention to. Assisting getting the paladins up and out of the water.

Swim (1d20+5)[25]

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

After no more than five minutes, the group finds themselves back on shore where they began, near the shrine to Basamum. The aboleth's body is still clearly visible from here - after slaying it, the corpse floated to the surface and stayed there. It seems to be causing quite a stir along the shoreline, where people have started to gather.

The rescued paladins catch their breath - it still seems to be an adjustment, coming from breathing water to breathing air - but eventually the one with the more formal regalia turns to you. "You saved us. You saved Berry. What... what can possibly be done to repay you?"