Default Re: Inside 67: Shadow over Innside

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    Spoiler: Orphanage Spoils
    Show

[Golden Flock Orphanage]

~Ithuriel~

There is resistance, as the angel tries to push the girl through her portal.
    Some from the girl herself, who really doesn't want to go, but most of it is from those chains springing back into existence and fighting pretty hard to keep her here.
    Applying some divine oomph of her own, however, is enough for Ithuriel to win the little pushing match and shove the girl through.

The chains around the girl, rather than snapping, seem to fade a bit and pass through the girl.
    Wrapped up in the chains instead, as they are pulled away from the girl is a mass of twitching gray energy in a sort of vaguely human shape, though that is rapidly collapsing to a more general shapelessness.

This moment of peculiar separation lasts in peaceful stasis just long enough for Ithuriel to see the difference, before the yelling starts.
    Yelling from the girl, as she grows pale and drained in time for the portal to close.
    Yelling from the energy mass, as the chains snap off to some distant portion of the orphanage, in a monstrous howling noise.

In its wake, terrible cold and purity. There is no haze in its wake, even the snow vanishes, leaving a clear trail to mark its progress into the building. It flies in a straight line from where the girl was, towards that hole to the basement, then off through that doorless wall next to Mo.

~Mo~

There's quite a bit of piping and ventilation running around the ceiling above, along the edges of the walls. A good portion of the ventilation seems to be going over that doorless wall, in the general direction of the building's rear.

Doesn't seem to be a door leading straight there, but it's probably not those ones on the opposite wall. Perhaps one of the metal doors on the other ends of the hallway?
    Around the time she'll have confirmed that there doesn't appear to be anything living in this particular area, that howling mass of enchained gray energy will come flying down from the ceiling and off through that empty wall.

As before, it leaves clear air in its wake. It even seems to remove a patch or two of that rainbow goop.

~Red~

She'll get to see the howling wave too, before she jumps upstairs.
    Though, really, she gets to see a lot of things, doesn't she?

Gets to see that terrified woman fleeing from a room just above her, down the hall. Gets to see a young boy cowering under a bed in a far third floor room, while something that looks like a cross between a clown and a crocodile stalks mere feet away through the room.
    A giant scorpion the size of a horse rummaging around through a patch of bloody snow two rooms behind. A zombie quietly pawing on the other side of a door at the end of the second floor. Some thing not unlike a bat with entirely too many crab-like legs lurking flat on the ceiling at the far end of the first floor.

A ring of children, a very short distance away from Mo, tendrils of living flesh wrapped around their heads and looping them together, surrounding another little boy floating in the air before a tall man in a crisp suit.
    Several amorphous things, mounds of trembling flesh, scattered through the basement, lurking in dark corners of the rooms around Mo.

For a moment, every single of these things, save the children, focuses directly towards Red's location.

And then that central child jerks and screams.
    The man steps back, the tendrils around the various children blackens and falls from their heads, and every monster in the building except for the flesh mounds abruptly disappears.

~The Orphanage~

Everyone near the orphanage can hear a young boy's cry of anguish, feel a pulse of necromantic cold, and then watch as all the snow and visual distortions abruptly disappears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post

[Golden Flock Orphanage]

Well, Ithuriel was probably going to exchange some choice words with Mo before following Red's directions, but...oops. Looks like she did a pretty bad thing by trying to shuffle the child out of the way like that! Good going, officer!

Speaking of officers, there's a burst of chatter over the comms from the rest of Ithuriel's team as they all feel that pulse of cold (the one mage on the team even commenting that it's necromancy) and hear the boy's cry, all talking over each other as they clamour for a sitrep from Ithuriel until she silences them with a bark of "QUIET! Alright Red, I'm on it. Probably." She hasn't got time to deal with them now. She hasn't got time to deal with Mo. She needs to get after the weird grey howling energy immediately. And it just went through a wall. Hopefully that's the same direction Red was telling her to go.

Ithuriel backs up as best she can in the confined space to give herself a bit of a run up, then with a roar (with the comms off to spare Red's ears), she charges, putting her full angelic strength to work to bash straight through the walls, pipes, anything that gets in her way in pursuit of the howling energy, leaving a neatly angel-sized hole for Mo to follow if she so wishes. She'll probably be due a severe dressing down for the damage this is doing to her expensive Intersection equipment in the process, but something very bad just happened and she's got to fix it now. Caution's being thrown to the wind in favour of trying to make sure she doesn't miss the chance to undo whatever she just screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

[Golden Flock Orphanage]

"Whatever that dark magic is," Red calls over the coms. "It snapped back to a fellow in a tailored suit looming over the children. I suspect he may be our perpetrator. Be decisive, he will likely attack the little ones out of spite."

Up to the second floor she goes! Red will go galloping right past the fleeing woman, calling out a brief, "The way is clear, darling, Intersection will see to the children," without breaking her stride. She's heading straight toward the cowering child up on the third floor. Which... considering that the child will feel something awful and wrong rapidly getting closer to him this may not be comforting.

A fact she's well aware of.

By the time she's nearing the room on the third floor, assuming nothing pounces on her, she'll pull her magic inward again and the tugging sensation of nausea will abruptly cease. A quick application of telekinesis will open the door and in she strides. "Hello there, little one, my name is Red Velvet, I'm an Intersection office," she calls out in the best comforting voice she can manage. "We need to get you to safety, alright? There aren't anymore monsters between us and the front door."

Golden Flock Orphanage

Luckily for Ithuriel, Mo's already on the job of sizing up the wall and punching a hole through it by the time the angel gets inside and down into the basement where she was. Mo takes just a few moments to look over the wall itself, making sure that a hole wouldn't destroy anything load bearing before punching right through. She doesn't say anything to Ithuriel when she arrives, though the angel will probably not a very angry look in her eyes. So angry that her eyes actually glow red-hot.

It had been the officer's job to protect the girl, and if the grey energy mass was what Mo really hoped it wasn't, then that officer had failed.

Either way, Mo will step inside the room, her night vision flickering to life.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2019-02-09 at 04:26 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Docks - Through the Fire and Flames?

Blanche is understandably a little surprised as the skinwalker attempts its last hurrah, uttering an expletive as she attempts to dive out of the way. She isn't entirely successful and the explosion manages to singe her leg, which makes getting back to her feet a little more painful than it usually would be.

"Anika is coming in with a payload, make sure nothing interferes!" Blanche directs urgently to the rest of her team, before returning to Dena's channel. "We're busy dealing with the results of one of those rituals by the Docks. Big plant stalk, with a bulb that blooms into two angel... things if you don't damage it first. We only had to deal with one and it's putting up one hell of a fight!" She warns, before firing another three-round burst at the angel and what it has cradled. The light makes it hard to aim for one specifically.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Owtside Thuh Mispelled Cemetary]

Standing outside the Mispelled Cemetary is Lynx, waiting for anyone to respond to the ad he put up on The Wall. He's dressed in an open, bright green suit jacket with it's sleeves rolled up to his elbows, bright green dress pants, a white undershirt, dress shoes, and a bright green top hat with holes cut for his ears. He also has a skull-topped cane in his hand, with the shaft painted black.

He occasionally glances at his watch as he waits. No use staying here all night if nobody comes, especially considering he's in a red zone.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Troll in the Playground

Owtside Thuh Missspleled Cemteary

Someone approaches, a hulking figure covered in green scales, and with an extra pair of arms ending in serrated bone blades above his normal pair. He's easily 12ft tall, and wearing a pair of jeans and a white shirt tailored to his frame. "Are you the one with the ad on the wall?" He asks.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Owtsid Thah Missspleld Semteary]

Lynx looks the figure up and down, then nods. "Indeed I am. Lynx Thornheart. Nice to meet you." He reaches out, offering a handshake.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2019-02-11 at 02:32 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Titan in the Playground

[The Docks]

Calm Reed had some time to contemplate her life choices as she plummeted towards the ground and wondered if her Exalted endurance can survive the fall. But then she was caught by this... mechanical man. More artifice that would be unheard of in Creation.

"Thank you," she says. "We need to make sure Anika delivers the explosives, but what do we do about this... all this grey?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #1327

NinjaGuy

[The Docks]

"We're all a team, right? You'd have done the same for me," Quin says. This close, Calm can see that his helmet is quite empty, save for the two glowing orbs that serve as his eyes. The rest of the expanse in his helmet is a dark void, completely empty, the outer plates of the helmet and the void with his eyes serving as his face. She might notice that some of the scratches and gouges in his armor sometimes waver and pixellate, as well. Clearly, he's closer to what Geneva is than anything organic or actually mechanical. He seems to consider her question for a moment, before speaking again, looking for a safe place to set her down.

"I think it may have something to do with the cherubs, but I'm not sure. Have you ever come across anything like this before?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

8. - Top - End - #1328

Shady Business

As she climbs down the car starts speeding off with the metal-man on the roof of it, holding on to his sword which he has impaled into the roof of the car, with the rest of the adventurers chasing after it on foot.
    She can see that one of the goblin black ops and been tied up by thorns and another is laying unmoving on the ground. In addition, there are a whole bunch of red crystals laying scattered on the area now. They seem to glow with an unusual energy.

The Docks - Through the Fire and Flames?

Anika assumes her bear form and starts pulling the cart of explosives towards the angel and the growing plant-things. Whatever they were, they were going down!
    It should be noted that the "cart" actually is a bit more heavily reinforced than your usual wooden cart. This one seems specifically made to transport explosives with a thick metal shell protecting the payload.

"I hear you. This is a much larger problem than I first anticipated. I'll have someone help out." Dena replies. "Anything I need to know about the battle?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-02-12 at 01:22 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Troll in the Playground

Da mispelt semitaree

"Tethrik." he takes the proffered hand and shakes it, very gently. He's strong enough to break someone's arm without trying, he'd rather not injure Lynx already.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

[House Hunters]
    Anatya decides to use some magic to lift some of the ashes.

The prison

"Although I know of Metalhead, the man has never done me a favor. That means he probably sent you to break me out. Knowing him, he didn't tell you anything about such a plan. Hopefully, you're able to manage the extra workload."

The guard is none to pleased when Blackwall mentions breaking out. He raises his axe in attack.

[Industrial Park]

Muun decides to assess whether or not it would be safe to go down there. Cold's no big deal, at least non-deadly cold is no big deal.
    Spoiler: Moskra Rhadan
    Show

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1638...ew?usp=sharing

Designed using Fantasy RPG Creator on meiker.io, software designed by aklarkwood.com.

Spoiler: Bad Guys Win Campaign Links
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Da mispeelt sematearee

Lynx, on the other hand, grasps Tethrik's hand tightly and gives it a hearty shake. While doing this, he says,"Nice to meet you Tethrik. We're going to be clearing out as much of the catacombs as we can without dying, and if my experiences say anything, there'll be loot galore that you can keep or pawn off." He lets go of Tethrik's hand and points toward the entrance with his cane. "Shall we?"

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
    [furry tails, pointy ears]

Smorre chuckles a bit at Brun obviously being a big fan of organised crime. Probably just a kid having a fascination with something, like with dinosaurs or arcane magic or spacers, coupled with a wrong view of reality. "I'm not ss-suh-sure about ppeople not messing with mob-obsters. I heard of a a a few that got in-into real trouble. With police, heroes, other c-criminals, it's all happ-p-ppened. Also, mobster life is is not aas cool as p-presented in film and tel-telv-television. Most mobsters are j-just simple th-thugs who g-get little money and hurt people and and break things and g-get injured or even kill-killed themselves." He knocks on the wooden table top. "And careful ab-ab-bout destroying thhings, like this sstore. It c-can get yyyou int-into trouble. Better leave a bad rreview online."

One of the oddities about post-based roleplay is the odd possibility of people essentially having two conversations in parallel. As for Smorre, he doesn't find this odd at all. "You wanna be a ma-mmagic user, huh? I once tried tha-that too, and went to a magic sschool for for adults. It d-didn't work though, because I I have too llittle of a 'magic sp-spark' as they put it." He sighs and leans back in his chair, then looks at the palm of his hand. It's shaped like a human's but its backside is covered in fur while the palm and inside of his fingers have black pads, like a cat has on its paws.

Brunhild sympathizes with Smorre's inability to learn magic, stopping her munching to try and take his hand in hers. "Awww, Herr Smorre, sorry you can't use magic... but I can, und I can protect you if you need be."

Brun's smile drops as Smorre goes on about the trouble mobsters get into, and turns into an angry frown when he starts to disparage mobsters as simple thugs, and by the time he mentions them getting killed it's clear he's struck a nerve. "Nein. Nein" She slams her fist on the table top. "My vati was not a simple thug, he was a good vati. So what if he hurt people? I hurt people, too, who mess with me und my freunde, und I make money from it, too, so I can leave the waisenhaus! My vati..." She falters and seems to run out of steam, her anger giving way to sadness. "... died in an auto accident, und my mumi too. He was a mobster, und I'll be like him someday."

Across the street, an elvish man dressed in pinstripe trousers and waistcoat above a blue shirt spots the duo from opposite the street and hurries over, his eyes on Brun. From where she's sitting, she can't see him. He has black hair and green eyes, wearing a grey flatcap and black suede shoes, and his build is lean and wiry.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[The Docks]

Looks like all the little side diversions are wrapped up.

Anika is rapidly returning to the primary field, explosives in tow. A field of gray dominates most of the space immediately around the angel, so she'll have to find a way to either get the bombs in there on their own, or brave the field herself.

Blanche has dropped her diversions and is resuming fire upon the angel. Her shots vanish into the light, as the angel itself seems to twitch a bit in response. The precise effects are hard to see in the glare, but a lacking protective field has led to at least two neat holes springing up on the angel's flesh: one forearm and its accompanying shoulder. Glowing ichor flows from the wounds. The glow of its "brother" seems to faintly flicker in intensity before promptly resuming.

Geneva turns a rather nasty little attack upon her remaining cherubs, who seem to be rather...lacking in any actual physical defense against it. The visual consequences of this are not particularly attractive, but she no longer has any tiny enemies attempting to sing to her at this point.

Calm and Quin soar, no immediate foe on hand save that which Gravity itself presented.

Which just leaves the angel.
    The angel which cries out in that crystalline tone from earlier, in some form of pain and religious fervor mixed together, full of energy and will.
    Amidst the cry, the glow within its hands gutters and dies, revealing its "brother" to have entirely disappeared. Instead, a pearlescent orb of the approximate size of large beach ball hovers just above its fingers. Faint colors whirl along a surface of purest white like trails of oil in lazy, broad movements.

"Be at peace."

And the angel parts its hands, sending the orb into a free-fall towards the ground, three or four stories below.

This is that moment that instinct is always on high alert for.
    That frightful moment when the monster's shadow passes under the door next to you.
    When your car skids on the ice alongside the edge of a tall cliff.
    When the tidal wave consumes the horizons and bears down on you.
    Mortality beckons.

[The Golden Flock Orphanage]

~Red Velvet~

For better or worse, the woman's response to Velvet is to scream in terror and run away from her. Which...is ultimately in the direction desired anyway, so mission accomplished technically!
    Pretty unlikely Velvet is getting any heroic appreciation on that one, but the best appreciation is always internal anyway.

Dropping her distressing vim sense before opening the door to the boy's room offers much less terrified results however.
    It takes a few moments of comforting reassurance for him to bite, slowly poking his head out from under the bed. He seems prepared for this to go wrong, but terror is quickly replaced with desperation upon Red Velvet not immediately devouring him.
    He'll skitter right on out from under the bed for whatever fantastical imagined safety she now represents in his mind.
    "The...the monsters came 'n took everyone...can we go? Now? Right now? Please?"

~Ithuriel & Mo~

A wall is destroyed, by who is not immediately important, whether it ultimately ends up being Mo or Ithuriel.
    Immediately on the other side of this wall is the orphanage's boiler room, or at least, some disturbed perversion of it.

It isn't a particularly large room, almost entirely filled by the two massive objects on either side (the boilers), encapsulated and faintly visible through gaps in the layers of twitching flesh wrapped tightly around them.
    They pulse like enormous hearts, the motion carrying into the "skin" wrapped around connecting pipes and ventilation branching off up into the ceiling and walls, as well as the thin lines of connecting tissue stretching out like webbing across much of the room's air space.

Over towards the opposite wall they broke down, the flesh seems strangely gray and lethargic in its pulsing. Where it seems to have covered a door, it seems to be blackening and outright dying, no longer moving along with the rest of the entity consuming the room.

Advancing through the room poses no immediate danger, beyond that which the sight would present to anyone with a delicate constitution.
    At least, until they get close to that opposite wall or door. At first, the air just seems to become stale and cold, but then it becomes...piercing. Like a strong gust of wind in the middle of winter, dragging the cold straight to your bones.
    It is not cold, which presents itself here, however.

It is death.

Ithuriel, with her angelic heritage, should be able to pick out the divine presence in the energy, regardless of how dark it seems to be at the moment.
    It isn't of the level to immediately end her or Mo's lives here, but it certainly seems like something that should not be spent within for any length of time more than strictly necessary.

They can break down this wall too, should they wish, or the door off to one side.
    Doing so seems to immediately heighten the unpleasant bite of the air, but will give them the sight they've been looking for this whole time.

The next room seems to have been a storage room of some sort, lined with metal shelves filled with tools and gadgets. Blackened flesh sags from the walls and ceiling, covering the floor, and seems to be quite visibly crumbling with each passing second.
    Floating near the middle appears to be a tall man with peculiarly unclear physical features, beyond the suit he wears. At present, he is wrapped in a transparent, dull green bubble with a very alarmed sense about him.
    Stretching out to either side of him in a wide ring are other bubbles, each containing what looks to be a slumbering child. They do not appear to be obviously harmed, for better or worse.
    Floating in the middle of the ring, the source of that malignant energy in the air: a little boy in his pajamas, curled up holding his stomach as if he were ill and silently screaming. Wild waves of gray energy crackle around his tiny frame, identical in appearance to that which Mo and Ithuriel followed through the wall.

He shudders, clutches himself tighter as his face contorts into some greater pain, and the energy flails ever more wildly.
    The bubbles surrounding him erupt in sparks along their surfaces and the tall man seems to become strained as he presses his hands against the bubble around himself.
    From where Mo and Ithuriel stand, the cold only seems to get slightly worse.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Troll in the Playground

Prison

"Why not? I haven't filled my quota of things killed today." Tethrik raises his hand and an orb of hellfire appears in it, which he throws at the attacking guard. With his other hand, he draws the rifle out of his bag again."

Semitary

"Of course." Tethrik reaches into a pouch on his belt and withdraws a rifle, an elegant silver weapon engraved with elaborate whorls along its length.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #1335

RedWizardGuy

Sewer Prison
    The Ice Devil is destroyed by the blast. "I designed the prison to make it impossible for me to escape from it. But anyone else could with ease. For instance, I can't step on those stairs, or they will start to retract, but you can."
    Show

Designed using Fantasy RPG Creator on meiker.io, software designed by aklarkwood.com.

Show

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[In Teh Sehmitearee]

Walking into the Cemetary, Lynx gives a low whistle. "That's a good looking gun you have. I prefer magic though." He's casually strolling along, using the cane less a helper for walking and more as an accessory.

17. - Top - End - #1337

[Industrial Park]

Seeing that Muun is plagued by indecision, Jaahlyn grabs her whistle and lets out a silent tune only certain animals can hear. A group of rats will start approaching the building and start looking for a way or a door which could lead to a underground space underneath the building which doesn't require them to go down that hole.
    "Sir, we might need to hurry..." She couldn't blame him for not wanting to go down there though, seemed pretty risky.

[The Docks]

Anika won't let herself be stopped by some grey zone!
    Though... she could use some help here.
    Changing back to her humanoid shape, she goes for some cover and contacts the others across the communicator again. "Hey, guys, I need some help throwing the explosives at the monster-thing."

18. - Top - End - #1338

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Shady Business

As she climbs down the car starts speeding off with the metal-man on the roof of it, holding on to his sword which he has impaled into the roof of the car, with the rest of the adventurers chasing after it on foot.
    She can see that one of the goblin black ops and been tied up by thorns and another is laying unmoving on the ground. In addition, there are a whole bunch of red crystals laying scattered on the area now. They seem to glow with an unusual energy.
    Violet will snag her spear from the ground and calmly try to run first the tied up goblin and then the face down goblin through with it, before gathering up a bunch of the red crystals and trying to strip the commandos of anything useful.

Jesus Christ Violet. You didn't have to kill them.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Troll in the Playground

Sewer Prison

"Why would you design your own prison?" Tethrik was about to break the man's bonds, but suddenly the idea seems less appealing. He needs to know what exactly he's dealing with.

Cementary

"Magic, weapons, it's all the same to me. If it eliminates an enemy, it doesn't matter what it is." Tethrik intentionally shortens his stride; he doesn't want to outpace Lynx too much.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Brunhild sympathizes with Smorre's inability to learn magic, stopping her munching to try and take his hand in hers. "Awww, Herr Smorre, sorry you can't use magic... but I can, und I can protect you if you need be."

Brun's smile drops as Smorre goes on about the trouble mobsters get into, and turns into an angry frown when he starts to disparage mobsters as simple thugs, and by the time he mentions them getting killed it's clear he's struck a nerve. "Nein. Nein" She slams her fist on the table top. "My vati was not a simple thug, he was a good vati. So what if he hurt people? I hurt people, too, who mess with me und my freunde, und I make money from it, too, so I can leave the waisenhaus! My vati..." She falters and seems to run out of steam, her anger giving way to sadness. "... died in an auto accident, und my mumi too. He was a mobster, und I'll be like him someday."

Across the street, an elvish man dressed in pinstripe trousers and waistcoat above a blue shirt spots the duo from opposite the street and hurries over, his eyes on Brun. From where she's sitting, she can't see him. He has black hair and green eyes, wearing a grey flatcap and black suede shoes, and his build is lean and wiry.
    [the Furry Mob]

He didn't see that one coming. If Brun was the daughter of a mobster she should absolutely know the dangers of being one. And he thinks the probability of the car crash that took her parents' lives being an orchestrated assassination is rather high. He probably should do something about this girl. "Ii it's nice you want to pprotect me, Brun. But you don't nnneed to to do that." That fox girl is looking so down, she may need a hug. But he sure won't hug children he just met, and he has more serious things to say. He leans forwards. "Look I I don't d-doubt your fa-fa-father was a good fa-father. But mobsters are rarely g-good peopple. Chances are hhhe did some nasty things. And and and chances are, if you bec-become llike him, that means yyou're gonna be d-dead too. Before you're 30."

Smorre, sitting opposite of Brun and facing the front of house, can see the elf coming. But he doesn't assume any ill intent from him, because if you assume everyone hurrying in your general direction means you harm, you're gonna go mad from stress and paranoia really fast. Still, Smorre never goes out without one or two hidden weapons on him, just in case.
    Nexus characters-----Disclaimer: IC opinions and knowledge does not reflect OOC opinions and knowledge.-----I always appreciate feedback. Especially if you think I'm doing something wrong.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Sematayree]

Nodding, Lynx says, "Nice way of thinking. Lets you have a lot of versatility." Coming to a crypt entrance, Lynx says, "Would you like any protective spells? They're not exactly my forte, but I know a few."

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

[The Docks]

"No," Calm Reed admits. She has no time to think about Quin's odd nature right now. "Not even the Fair Folk have been known to do that. But you're right, the cherubs seem to be a conduit or source for it." Then Anika's message comes. "Anika needs our help. Can you drop me off near her and try to destroy those cherubs?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #1343

[Abrajin's Library]

It is pretty rude, isn't it?

Ignoring a foe just because they don't have a beard?

Well, look at it this way.

Those trolls?

They have beards.

And all those vikings?

Also bearded.

But what about that giant roast boar that's being cooked on a spit?

It has no beard and is thus not a threat.

So from our sample size of three things, we can safely conclude that you have to have a beard to-

-the Scout manages to trip the toll. It was totally unprepared for the attack since it didn't view the beardless Scout as a threat! Down it goes in a heap and the vikings begin pummeling it!

[House Hunters]

Well...

Magicing some of the ashes out of the ash dump reveals-!

Ashes.

And a few bits of bone.

Is that a tooth?

Creepy.

[Docks]

Typically giant glowing balls dropped from on high with commands to 'be at peace' means you should either get out of the way or prevent the doom ball from doings its thing.

Because that sounds like a 'nice' way to tell people to die.

Geneva COULD just teleport away, likely out of range, but that would leave everyone else nearby still... nearby.

So she does something about it.

Or at least she tries to.

Geneva takes off toward the falling orb at full speed, pulling her psionic barrier away from herself and aiming to encapsulate the orb in a sphere of mental power.

Of course...

She started about six blocks away, so we'll see if she manages to get there quickly enough.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

24. - Top - End - #1344

NinjaGuy

[The Docks]

"I will try," Is the simple response Quin gives, banking down towards Anika and slowing, before halting a short distance from her and gently lowering Calm to the ground. He's in little position to do anything about the falling orb, other than to perhaps shield the others should Geneva's gambit fail.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

25. - Top - End - #1345

RedWizardGuy

[House Hunters]

"Have you guys checked everything?"
    she asks. "If so, then we should just move on."

Sewer Prison

"The man who captured me told me that he would admit I was the smartest person in the world if I could create a prison I couldn't escape from. But we both knew it was a paradox. If I'm so smart, can I create a prison I can't break out of. Well, I beat him at his own game I created a prison I couldn't break out of, but anyone else could!"
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

[Renault's Shop]

If there's a bell for the shop, it rings at the door opens. Our visitor today is a boy in his late teens, with dark hair, glasses, and a warm outfit accentuated with a shiny gold necklace. He looks around the shop cautiously. He just need someone to look at a magic piece of jewelry. Nothing crazy. And hopefully nothing dangerous.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

[Renault's Shop]

There doesn't seem to be anything crazy or dangerous in the shop. Well, except for a few jeweled daggers under a locked glass case, made from some strange silvery metal. Most are pieces of jewelry of varying ranges of ornateness. Small hand written cards show what they're enchanted with. Most are subtle, but a few are glowing with power. There's no prices. Either everything was negotiable, or this shop subscribed to the 'if you have to ask you can't afford it' philosophy.

At the sound of the bell, an elf exits from the back room, hidden behind a curtain. This is Renault, a desert elf with brilliantly blue eyes and sandy blonde hair. He's dressed in heavy robes to ward off the winter chill. A steel bracer with a large red stone at the wrist sits on his left arm. Around his neck is a golden torc the ball ends connected to one another by a thin chain.

He smiles warmly at the young man. "Hello, how can I help you?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ogre in the Playground

[Renault's Shop]

The teenager goes over to the shopkeeper. He holds up the necklace, though he doesn't take it off.
    "This is a really magical necklace. But I got it from a faerie, and faeries are dangerous. I need to know if it poses and risk to me. I also need a way to be immune to a different faerie's magic. Or at least so I can be around her without uh, being enchanted." he talks quickly. He doesn't like talking about this.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ogre in the Playground

[Renault's Shop]

The elf blinks. "Ah, fey magic. I'm not very well versed in it, but I do know quite a bit about spirits, which are similar..." He digs in his pockets and pulls our a lens with a purple-pink color and holds it up to his eye. It should reveal the sort of magical auras surrounding the necklace, and the young man as well. "Avoiding enchantment is simple enough," Renault goes on, as he looks through his lens. "it's a matter of putting up a barrier. I have a few ready made items which would serve your purpose nicely, unless you want something custom?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

[Renault's Shop]

The necklace is a tool of control. The Bridle of Pegasus. Well it's the bridle used on pegasus. His rider was never as well known. A legendary item full of power.
    The boy is much more normal, with only a faint trace of faerie magic, suppressed by a priestess' charm.
    "I just need to keep her safe from herself. She's not used to her powers yet, and until she is I need to make sure she doesn't accidentally hurt me. I know she'll be better eventually."