New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: (Pathfinder, IC) Shattered Star/Jade Regent Prologue

The door opened as Henri stepped in to admit one of the aforementioned laggers. The man who followed was well over six feet with long pale blond hair and beard, blue eyes and wind burnt skin. He was wearing hard leathers with a short bow over one arm and a backpack hanging from both. All of his clothing seemed to be mismatched shades of brown. If he was intimidating in his appearance what traipsed in his tracks ruined the effect. Plodding into the room was a small brown bear, really just more than a cub, it's nose high up in the air sniffing at the various aromas of food wafting throughout the room.

Looking around at the gathered, he met as many eyes as would meet his before settling on Lady Heidmarch. "Passed through Sandpoint. Asked to come here. Never knew there was a difference between a town and a city. Good lesson."

Verbally spent, he moved to the table, grabbed up tow handfuls of food which he turned and gave to the bear before sitting down at an empty seat.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Asher think about the options for a moment while he positioned himself by crossing his arms while giving it a thought. He wanted to have a glorious adventure and the second choice sounded like a great opportunity for exploration of old ruins and for a potentially thrilling experience with huge rewards as an added extra. The first option was also quite a noble goal in helping others and it allowed for the possibility for more potential in exploring new territories.

He decides to seize the moment and pick a choice before anyone else. "First of all, I want to thank you once again for giving us both of this great missions. I think they both seem pretty important and I am glad I have been given the trust for such tasks. And while I see the positives of both missions, I think I am attracted a bit more by the idea of searching for this secret artifact that you mentioned. I will gladly join in assisting on this glorious quest." he declares with a wide and sincere smile.
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Larum sat down stiffly as no one deigned to acknowledge his robust self-importance. He listened to the others introduce themselves, forcing himself to not roll his eyes. He finally perked up as Sheila gave a quick rundown of the two jobs. The second sounded very interesting. And by interesting, he meant paid well. But it also sounded dangerous and he wasn't willing to put his neck out for a few coins. And certainly not for Sheila's precious little bauble, whatever it was. The first sounded much safer; Goblins were annoying little pests but were easy to stamp down. I've been meaning to go back home at some point. Might as well do something useful while there. He said it casually, as if the task was beneath him.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Dala

Dala thinks for a moment. It shouldn't be that hard a choice, really. Once she reached a conclusion for herself she speaks: "Hrm. Both offers sound interesting. But I think my expertise is best used here. I know the city, and I know it's people a bit. I've never been to Sandpoint and fighting goblins never happened in the Run."

"So, my preference would be the local job."
    Characters in play:

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearing Dala goes on the local mission she decides to go with her. She seemed like a very fine companion but being on the other side of the room the didn't get to talk too much. Besides with strong lady in the frontlines distracting enemies, Lexara will be able to do her lighting thing without distractions. Yes, that sounds like a good plan "I shall go search for the artefact as well."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Lyn caoughs a little as she hears of the goblins near Sandpoint. After she had left here, there was trouble home? Still, the venture-captain didn't seem so worried. She tries to remain calm.

"There are goblins around Sandpoint?" she asks, concerned. "I'm going to address that."

"Assuming it's alright. It's my home and all" she finishes sheepishly.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

After hearing the two mission Mili nods, "I'm more of a local girl myself and I've come up against that gang before. I'll throw my lot in with the local group."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Halfling in the Playground

"Well, the less traveling overall the better, so I think we will stay.......... What?" the talking bird cuts himself off and shoots his eyes at the still woman. Tilting his head "Why?? Thats....." he pecks at another piece of bread then speaks resigned, "We will accompany the Paladin of Sarenrae. The one known as Lyn."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground

The blond haired man looked up at the Sandpointer's words, "There were many goblin tribes near Sandpoint." His voice has a lilting quality, an almost sing-song cadence.
    Last edited by drayen; 2019-03-29 at 05:31 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Dala

Dala looks at the foreign-looking elf. "I think most of us have spoken our preference. What about you, miss? Would you rather fight goblins or are you joining us on the hunt for a lost agent?" She grins. "Or maybe you could go either way?"
    Characters in play:

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

"I will take on the mission Heidmarch-dono considers it most fitting to employ me on", Hisako replies, surprised that something that obvious needs to be answered. "That said, if you are interested in my opinion, people of Sandpoint would me more cooperative to those who are either native to the region, or at least were there before. Meanwhile, mission here in Magnimar, as I was made to understand, requires the agents to not be known as such to the locals..."
    Notably, throughout the short speech she doesn't even once touch the question of her personal preference.
    Tome of Radiance, a Magical Girl sourcebook for 3.5/PF.

"Jamie" is fine. TH is mostly there to make sure the name would be free on any forum I'd want to register :-)

Extended signature

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Oh, hello." Lyn says to the bird. "I've never talked to a bird before? Are you friends with her?"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Dala

Dala nods. More to herself than anything, really. She looks at Hisako. "I'll take that to mean that you can go either way. Good to know." The half-orc then turns to Sheila. "So, what'll it be, miss? Where's everyone going to be sent?"
    Characters in play:

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I believe I have made my decisions." Sheila smiles. "Lyn, Larum, Bjorn and Lexara, I would like you to address the issue in Sandpoint. I know you would prefer to stay here, Lexara, but I believe your skills would be more beneficial helping Ameiko."

"That means Asher, Dala, Mili, Hisako and Whisper will aid me in finding my lost agent. Whisper, while I admire your courage in wanting to travel to Sandpoint, I couldn't knowingly send you somewhere that you would face more dangers than your companions just because of who you are."

"Now, for those of you heading to Sandpoint, I have arrainged passage on a trader who is leaving with the tide this evening. You should be in Sandpoint by the morning. If you could check in with Ameiko at the Rusty Dragon when you arrive, she will have more information for you." Sheila looks to the other group.

"The rest of you, if you could attend me here at ten bells tomorrow morning, I will explain more then."

Jade Regent IC: Go here!

Shattered Star IC: Go here!
    by Tomb Raven