New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: 3.5 Dregoth Ascending IC

Leviath turns to answer Calopodius, saying, "My people are already searching the city, but it is a big city, and it is very dangerous work, especially the farther to the south you go, as that is closer to where the dray patrols are coming from. My men are used to fighting normal men, not miniature dragons controlled the The Dragon himself."

He looks between you, as you try to decide which option to take, elves or citizens, and which direction to go in.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The party heads out of the relatively secure Noble District, and heads south-southwest, skirting the edges of the elven quarter, where fighting can be heard. Getting to the Artisan's Quarter requires passing through the Tradesmen's District. You avoid the main roads, to minimise chances of running headlong into patrols, and instead use the myriad smaller streets that run through the city. It is eerily quiet, other than the sounds of fighting in the distance. Passing through the Tradesmen's District through the quickest possible path, which is through the middle of the district, you come out into an open plaza. Those who have been to the city before recognise it as the center of the city, and the open area is large, being a circle a few hundred feet in diameter. Its local name is the Artisan's Plaza.

The sounds of battle intensify markedly as you enter the open area, and the buildings no longer block direct path hearing. Elves and these strange new form of elegant looking dray are battling intensely. Once or twice, an elf falls, and the dray quickly collect them up and carry them off to the south, presumably for the Dragon to finish personally. It is the largest pitched battle you have seen, and it sounds more intense than what was going on in the elven quarter. Perhaps this is what remains of the Night Runners elven tribe. Suddenly, the dray start pulling back, out of the main part of the battlezone, and away from the Plaza towards the south.

The Artisan’s Plaza gives a viewer many impressions, but only a Draji would see artistry in the scene laid out before you. Arrows and broken weapons litter the ground
    alongside the corpses of elven warriors and reptilian invaders. Wooden artisan’s stands have been turned into barricades granting cover to elven archers. You hear a grunt of pain as one elven warrior pulls a javelin free from a fellow tribesman’s shoulder. A female elf kneels weeping over the body of an elven youth, grieving the loss of what could be her brother or son.

A beautiful blonde, gray-eyed elven female wearing kank chitin armor walks about inspecting casualties and the wounded. She moves with the grace of an elven dancer, but a worried look mars her face. She places her hands upon her hips and gazes in your direction, giving you a brief nod, accepting your presence.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Brandon moves around the perimeter, making sure the area is secure for the moment while his companions speak with those here. He'll keep an eye out for any amongst the dray in finer gear than the rest. He's hoping that an officer or two fell here, to search, or if he's particularly lucky, to interrogate.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Aramil searches the scene with disgust, ducking back behind buildings when it seems that the battle is getting too close for comfort. He makes his way over to the nearest Dray body as stealthily as possible.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Calopodius quickly approaches the woman."How can we help?" He asks.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The woman eyes you carefully, judging you. Finally she says, “You’ve wandered into a war zone. My tribe is under the attack of dray forces. I am Keelorr Dark Moon, second in command.” The elf’s voice is as sweet as her looks, despite her tone of seriousness. “The enemy attacks in waves, every time in greater numbers. My spies report the dray are gathering their elite forces and preparing to overrun us. As you can tell by looking around, we are losing this war. For every dray we take down, two more appear in the next attack. They seem more interested in capturing us though, than slaying us outright.”

“I am not going to sit back and let our tribe be slaughtered like a pack of herd animals. My people are proud, but not stupid. We recognize the need for outside help. If you will help us in the upcoming battle, I will make sure you are rewarded for your efforts.”

Those who are searching the dray find only the dead. They have little on them. Leather armour, each carries an impaler and a dagger, and some of them have javelins. That is all any of them carry of any use.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2019-04-07 at 06:42 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    The woman eyes you carefully, judging you. Finally she says, “You’ve wandered into a war zone. My tribe is under the attack of dray forces. I am Keelorr Dark Moon, second in command.” The elf’s voice is as sweet as her looks, despite her tone of seriousness. “The enemy attacks in waves, every time in greater numbers. My spies report the dray are gathering their elite forces and preparing to overrun us. As you can tell by looking around, we are losing this war. For every dray we take down, two more appear in the next attack. They seem more interested in capturing us though, than slaying us outright.”

“I am not going to sit back and let our tribe be slaughtered like a pack of herd animals. My people are proud, but not stupid. We recognize the need for outside help. If you will help us in the upcoming battle, I will make sure you are rewarded for your efforts.”

Those who are searching the dray find only the dead. They have little on them. Leather armour, each carries an impaler and a dagger, and some of them have javelins. That is all any of them carry of any use.
    "We have an accord, then. When do you expect the next attack to begin?" Calopodius asks. "How soon do you expect another attack?"
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Calopodius has Claws of the Beast and inertial armor up, both augmented so they cost 7 pp. He also has a level 3 pearl of power. Is there anyone who could spare a Greater Magic Weapon for his fists in exchange for a use of it?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"The attacks are frequent, but irregular."

“I sent a runner to the market in the Elven Quarter, but he has not returned. I fear something has happened to him, and I want you to continue his mission. We packed up our goods and relocated here, but it appears we went a bit too quickly. By accident, a secret stash of magical items was left behind. If you can retrieve these
    items and bring them here, they will grant our remaining spellcasters a considerable advantage in the upcoming battle.”

9. - Top - End - #99

WolfInSheepsClothing

Calopodius grins at her. "That, we can do. Do you happen to have a map of the area we can use?"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The elven woman shakes her head. "Maps are not common, since it is against the law in most places to possess written materials. But I can telll you that the elven quarter is to the north west of here. It isn't all that far, it is actually the next district to this one. When you get there, the treasure we want retrieved is buried near the northernmost corner of a blue and white striped tent."

She pauses, then adds, "I would recommend you do not cross us, by keeping the stash for yourselves. Elves have a long memory."

11. - Top - End - #101

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    The elven woman shakes her head. "Maps are not common, since it is against the law in most places to possess written materials. But I can telll you that the elven quarter is to the north west of here. It isn't all that far, it is actually the next district to this one. When you get there, the treasure we want retrieved is buried near the northernmost corner of a blue and white striped tent."

She pauses, then adds, "I would recommend you do not cross us, by keeping the stash for yourselves. Elves have a long memory."
    Calopodius frowns. "Whatever the value of your treasures, Kaelor Dark Moon, stopping the Dragon is far more important. Please don't make this alliance more difficult by insulting me."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Kaelor shakes her head impatiently. "You don't understand. These are not mere treasures, they are magical items which will be extremely useful in the battle with the dray," she says.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Brandon nods, "Sounds good, we can do that. In the interest of being certain of a swift return, can you spare one person familiar with the area as a guide?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The elven woman shakes her head. "We are hard pressed here, with the constant risk of attack. The way isn't far, and the elven quarter is easily identified, since it looks different to the rest of the city. It is just a few hundred yards in that direction," she says, gesturing in the appropriate direction. "If you head that way, you can't miss it."