New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: And the Sun Shall Rise Once More: IC

Selena's eyebrows raise. "Well then... if that's the case, I'd recommend not announcing it quite so openly. The bloodsuckers don't take too kindly to that kind of talk." She eyes the--man? creature? and makes a decision as to whether he seems trustworthy. "Selena. Selena Dranovka. Formerly of the Blades of Helios." She nods towards Jonathan as well. "Looks like this was a rather lucky meeting, eh?"
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Sirius can't help but be suspicious of it. But he gives a small nod, nonetheless. "Sirius," he says gruffly, crossing his arms.
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Sirius, Selena, I am called Atos. He places his hand over his face as he says this. When do we attack?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

"Attack? Were you born yesterday, you great oaf?" Sirius asks, frowning and letting out a breath. "Because something tells me that your idea of 'attacking' the powers that be is something that is going to get you killed. Blabbing in the hallway... do you know anything about secrecy? Because if you don't, associating with you is only going to put me and Miss Selena in danger. What have you got to say that will prove you trustworthy?" he demands.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

5. - Top - End - #65

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbbug3 View Post
    "Attack? Were you born yesterday, you great oaf?"
    Atos nods solemnly. Yes, the Spirits formed me from their essence one sunrise ago. I have walked towards this place since then.

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbbug3 View Post
    "What have you got to say that will prove you trustworthy?" he demands.
    Atos pauses for a moment, considering the question. I do not need to prove my trust, I will show you with my deeds.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

"Born yester-" Sirius cuts himself off and huffs. Well. This... thing seemed sincere enough. And he knew if he let it go wandering off on its own, it would get into trouble. And if it got into trouble, he might, as well - after all, this thing had found him, knew his name, and knew where he was. Whether or not this creature was really on his side or not, Sirius couldn't afford to let him wheedle out of sight, now. He had to keep an eye on him.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Indeed," Jonathan says slowly, "Very fortunate." He eyes Atos for a long moment. Then, he sighs. "This is why I never, strictly speaking, involved myself with any gods. They pull stunts like this, no offense, and then you don't know whether to trust it or not."

He scoffs. "Attack? Unless you have the power to summon earthquakes and level this city, you won't be getting past the door, even with our help." He stands by the door and listens a moment. "...Well, maybe you can help...Or perhaps I should leave before my pursuers track me here."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Selena glances over towards Jonathan. "Well... if you are being followed, we do have what seems to be a literal force of nature who's eager to help deal with the bloodsuckers. And I don't know about you," she nods to Sirius, "but I don't think they can want me dead more than they already do. We might be able to make a stand somewhere, take down whatever's chasing you." She pauses. "Just what is after you? Hobgoblins? And did you have somewhere you were going?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hopefully I'm not overstepping, but this does smell a bit like "first quest plot hook"
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

-----

9. - Top - End - #69

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    He scoffs. "Attack? Unless you have the power to summon earthquakes and level this city, you won't be getting past the door, even with our help." He stands by the door and listens a moment. "...Well, maybe you can help...Or perhaps I should leave before my pursuers track me here."
    Atos hefts his massive weapon - what looks like a small tree grown around a boulder the size of a small barrel - and turns his head to the door. I do not have the power to call the Primals to shake the earth yet. They must rest after exerting their will to create me. But worry not. I am the earthquake. He takes a step towards the door.

If your enemies are in liege to the bloodspawn, I will stand in their way.

10. - Top - End - #70

"Hobgoblins," Jonathan replies with a wry smile, "They are very accurate with their crossbows and aren't afraid to shoot at you in a dark alley." He chuckles. "But I'm mostly better now."

"They're probably going to be using their dogs to track me," he says, "The scent of my blood is what'll do it. We just have to find a good place to ambush them. Is there anywhere nearby we can make a stand?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Why yes, yes it is? Now roll Knowledge: Local

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I just got in town myself, but there is a nice, secluded alleyway not too far from here. No windows for prying eyes, and looks rough enough that the sounds of a scuffle might go ignored." She glances over to Sirius. "What do you think? Seems to me like this could get us a lead on whoever blew both our cover--and if not, getting some of the hobgoblins off our trail's never a bad thing." She gives a half-smile, half-grimace. "'Course, could get us killed, too--but no one ever said this line of work was particularly safe."

-----

12. - Top - End - #72

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by rs2excelsior View Post
    "I just got in town myself, but there is a nice, secluded alleyway not too far from here. No windows for prying eyes, and looks rough enough that the sounds of a scuffle might go ignored." She glances over to Sirius. "What do you think? Seems to me like this could get us a lead on whoever blew both our cover--and if not, getting some of the hobgoblins off our trail's never a bad thing." She gives a half-smile, half-grimace. "'Course, could get us killed, too--but no one ever said this line of work was particularly safe."
    We will not die this night. I will crush any who dare challenge our righteous cause. Their blood will nourish the Spirits.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Sirius opens his mouth to respond to Selene, when Atos breaks in, voice full of confidence and certainty. Well, there was something to be said for that. Wasn't there? He lets out a deep breath. "Are we certain we want to draw this much attention to ourselves within the city? A fight is sure to draw eyes we may not want. Wouldn't it be better to strike them outside of town?" he asks.

14. - Top - End - #74

"Safe is not a word that I have had much of a relation with as of late," Jonathan says with a wry chuckle. He rotates his arm, working out a kink in one of his shoulders. "Already fought them once tonight. Wouldn't mind a little backup when they arrive."

"I agree on principle with our dwarven friend," Sirius says, "This could draw attention. However, they aren't going to let up until I am found now. So, I will be fighting them, either with you all or without you. I..." He hesitates and clears his throat. "I understand if you feel you cannot risk your safety on this."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Selena nods towards Jonathan. I"m in." Now that the panic of the initial flight has passed and there's others capable of fighting back, she's itching for a bit of revenge. Addressing Sirius, "Do you know of anywhere outside of town we might be able to get the drop on them? You're a lot more familiar with the city than I am."

-----

16. - Top - End - #76

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    "I..." He hesitates and clears his throat. "I understand if you feel you cannot risk your safety on this."
    I fear nothing. Show me our foes and I will crush them.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Sirius looks around at the group gathered in his room, and sighs. "I know a spot," he relents. "Nearby, just behind the building. No windows face that way and you can't see it from the street," he explains. "Noise will carry, though. If we're going to do this, we'll have to be as discreet as we can be," he says.