Default Re: [IC] The Awakening

Hrad nods at the Stars. "Yes, barkeep, what did you have in mind?"
    Characters:
    Hrad Shukhov - The Awakening
    Felix Havlik - Zhentarim's Way of the Wicked

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

"Really, anything fit for a feast for a good portion of the town. Two or three boars or bucks. A bear. Hell, a young dragon, if you're feeling lucky," he jests, though there's still something about him that seems... suspicious of you all despite his smile. "There's game in the woods outside the city... but all the dangers that come with the wilds, as well. I'm certain I don't need to tell three well-seasoned adventurers about those, though."
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hrad stares at his mug barkeep describes the task, lightly tapping his fingers on the wooden table. Pointer finger three times, ring finger twice, and middle finger once. He briefly looks to his companions to ensure there is no dissent, then nods to the elf. "Master Llewellyn, I believe we can be of assistance. Honest work requires honest pay... what did you have in mind?"
    Characters:

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, a feast this big, it's one of the more important events of the year... what do you say to a hundred gold to divide among yourselves? Eh... perhaps hundred-twenty, so you can divide it evenly. That seems fair enough, yes?" he questions. "I'm even willing to pay a fourth up front, if that's what you'd like. And if you happen to bring in anything particularly special, we can talk about a bonus," the old elf offers.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Seems fair pay to me. When do you need the animals by?"

Avatar kindly provided by TinyMushroom!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

"The festival's a week from now. I'll need at least a day and a half to prepare the food... so if you could get it here within five days, that would be ideal," the bartender said.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hrad turns to his companions. "I find his offer to be equitable and worthwhile. Are there any objections?" His eyes flicker to Genevieve.
    Characters:

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hrad turns to his companions. "I find his offer to be equitable and worthwhile. Are there any objections?" His eyes flicker to Athénaïs.
    Characters:

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

"Oui," says the Bright Moon, ""the pay seems fair for such a task. An' we would much like to see ze Three properly celebrated and revered, of course."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

As the party agrees, the elf gives a nod. "Right, well, give me just a moment," he says. He heads over to the bar and disappears behind it for a moment, before returning with the pouch of gold he promised. "Here's what I owe you up-front," he says, sitting the pouch on the table between them. "Thirty gold. Split it up however you like. The rest, when you return," he promises.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright then," she turns to her companions, grinning, "who knows anyzing about hunting?"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hrad knits his eyebrows together. "I am not a hunter. Perhaps we could hire an expert? Someone with skills in woodlore would cost perhaps a silver piece per day."
    Characters:

13. - Top - End - #43

"I do not believe that is necessary. At most, we might desire a hunting dog to assist with tracking, and perhaps a map of the area. Otherwise, we merely need equip ourselves with ranged weapons and find a game trail or watering hole."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

"Let us begin with asking about for information and resources, zen," says Athénaïs, "fortunately, we are very charming, oui?"

Gathering Information: (1d20+7)[18]

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Just searching the immediate area, there are a multitude of folks whose ear you can bend. Here in the 'Tavern of the Three,' many people have gathered to while away the evening drinking, gambling, and gossiping. Though some seem less inclined to talk to outsiders than others, you are pointed in the direction of a cartographer, whose shop is likely closed at these hours. Yet another patron insists on drawing you a map himself, and considering his drunken state, it's... decent.
    You are also given the name of a huntsman who is usually hired for these sorts of jobs - and the information that a recent trip left him with an injury to his leg, which is presumably why he is not carrying out this task himself. His name is Illurian Swift, and he makes his home near the southern wall of the city, down by the shipyards that ferry visitors over the lake to the mainland. He is described as a short elven man with black hair and green eyes, with numerous scars from his many hunts. He will likely be using a cane to get around, and is often seen talking with travelers. In fact - each of you remembers such a man down by the docks when you arrived, attempting to hail you, but as you were each set on your own mission, you dismissed him at the time.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hrad taps his fingers on the table a few times before knocking on the wood twice. "Then it is settled. We can hire this Swift fellow to guide us through the woods until we find suitable game. I am ready to go."
    Characters:

17. - Top - End - #47

"Indeed. I can offer assistance with his injury. I'm sure he'd appreciate it."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Thus settled, Llewelyn nods. "You are welcome to stay here for the night... might look crowded, but all these people are... well, at least most of 'em have homes of their own in the town. Whether they scoot or not by morning is a different matter, but we've got beds here. You can use them tonight for free, though you'll still have to pay for your meals and such."

19. - Top - End - #49

Quote Originally Posted by hannahbbug3 View Post
    Thus settled, Llewelyn nods. "You are welcome to stay here for the night... might look crowded, but all these people are... well, at least most of 'em have homes of their own in the town. Whether they scoot or not by morning is a different matter, but we've got beds here. You can use them tonight for free, though you'll still have to pay for your meals and such."
    "Good. Then we can begin tomorrow morning?

Ragmjir looks to the others for confirmation.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hrad nods in agreement.
    Characters:

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

"C'est vrai," says Athénaïs, "let us enjoy our evening then, oui?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

"Anything to tide you over until morning, then?" the bartender asks. He sees that one of the group has a pint of mead set in front of them, but the other two have nothing as of yet. "Or should I just show you where your rooms are and leave you alone until you want breakfast?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Nothing more for me, thank you. Early to bed and early to rise, as they say."
    Characters: