New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Trumpet of Frost [Ziruna Uletl] (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightraiderx View Post
    "As he has mentioned before I am Blood Raven war machine #55457535453! I saw your flying castle thing! it was quite cool! What is your names?"
    Blood Raven asked innocently as he registered the blood from Hessl and making sure he would not forget his "smell".
    Mus-Mahhu smiles broadly, and makes a sweeping gesture outward, his golden skirt glittering as it shifts with his movement. "I am satisfied by meeting you, War Machine Blood Raven. You are permitted to know that you are in the presence of the Hero-Prince of Emesh, the Old City of Dreams. I am the son of Usum-Gallu, the Great King of Emesh. I am the vanquisher of the Bull of Salt and the lover of the Prideful Star In-En-Nah. I am the Keeper of the Ossified Armory, and the savior of the Peaceful Child. I am Mus-Mahhu, and I bid you greetings." the prince replies, his form seeming to shimmer slightly at the mention of his names and deeds, his feathered tail whipping through the air. "I will not request that you bow, friend, in respect of your scars." he adds, with a slightly haughty, but genuine warmth.

"You are here to do battle with the Trumpet then, Blood Raven?" he asks, tapping his goblet to refill it with mead. "May your weapons bite deeply, and your foes blood run freely"
    Last edited by Genth; 2022-04-08 at 01:42 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

The hulking mass of soulsteel shudders and thuds into the city, wisps of shadows streaming in his wake, the thick and heavy chain weaved into his armor clanking loudly with every step.

After being delivered the bud and informed of its requirements, he shakes his head and returns it.

"Celebration is inefficient. Cultists must be found. Trumpet must be ceased."

Dimming his eyes slightly, Unit 17 listens to the will of the laws, reaching out to find those whose transgressions deserve its touch...

Spoiler: OOC-
    Show
    Flawless Enforcer Favored Transgressions are set to 'Worship the Trumpet of Frost' and "Recite the name of the Trumpet of Frost",
    Spoiler: Favored Transgressions-
    Show
    Whenever a forbidden action is taken within 1 mile of the flawless enforcer, he or she instantly learns which action occurred, what direction it occurred in, the distance away it occurred, and the name and appearance of the transgressor (if any) at the moment of the crime. A flawless enforcer can identify any creature who has performed at least one prohibited action within the past 24 hours by sight so long as they are within 60 feet of him or her.

3. - Top - End - #33

Thaumiel, Celic, and Úlfheðnar
    "Death for our kind..." Thaumiel eyes dilate, deep in thought, her focus on the path forward. "I do not believe the worldly's idea of death could equate to the Eternal slumber my friend. True death for them is it.. over.. silence... the Eternal slumber is...stillness. a petrification of psyche for us. I too have felt the draw of it over the ages. My last escape was amongst the longest yet, The Repressed one seems to call to me from beyond." she shuddered and laughs nervously at the title. Looking to Celic, smiles somberly, "Your Dreamscapes are always therapeutic Celic; you still have the creativity of youth my friend."

Thaumiel recognizes the name of Úlfheðnar from Yethel speaking of him, and a few detail come to mind "Úlfheðnar.." she ponders quietly, "An unparalleled warrior by trust accounts." The Gorgonid's essence resonates in Thaumiel's sense, "Your connection to the Akasha is similar to my chosen, no wonder Yethel spoke so highly"

Thaumiel & Hessl
    "Perhaps you have warped your own mind too much worldly Dancer. My kind do not forget. Need I remind you of when we pulled you from the jaws of the Dreaming One?" Thaumiel returns, a jesting tone in her thought "My desires are not of the concern of Worldly Hessl, do not hassle yourself to attempt to appease them. Such attempts will only leave you disappointed and empty-handed... speaking of hands, I do applaud you in your continual evolution, its a beautiful art that seems to be dying out in these realms. Though if you seek a helping hand, do not hesitate to reach out," an empathic feeling of alliance and respect accompanies the thought-borne dialog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flappeercraft
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

4. - Top - End - #34

Imp

Sheng Lau Mane had been in Linnea for several hours prior to receiving the call. Indeed, he was already a part of the festivities. All who attained the minimum rank of Chef de Partie from the Great Culinary School of Borakshun were sent advanced invitations so that they might man a booth and help cater the event. Sheng Lau Mane, on the other hand, was no specialized Chef de Partie. No, Sheng Lau Mane had attained the prestigious rank of Sou Chef. While a Chef de Partie may be master of one area of cooking, whether that be meats, or sauce, or vegetables or pastries, as a Sou Chef, Sheng Lau Mane was well versed in all cooking disciplines.

It was his philosophy, however, to cook and eat only what he encountered. In doing so, each meal would tell a story of life and death. As a result, every meal he made would be different, with different ingredients based upon the various locales he visited and the various monsters he ran into. At the end of every battle, he would harvest the flesh of the creatures he fought. At the end of every quest, he would throw a banquet. The extra time for this invitation, was thus spent on an extra long quest through various regions, culminating in a melange of hydra eggs and wyrm tail meat, garnished with sautéed and assassinated assassin vine. The sauce was made from an Ambrosia of life mixed with the ectoplasm of a banshee for that extra bit of discordant, yet succulent flavor.

As always, his meals were a hit with the general public. In no small part because he never charged anything for his meals. All were welcome to come and enjoy. None received special privilege. None were turned away. All who came were fed, and with but a single meal all left fully satisfied for at least a day. Many often found themselves healed of most ailments they may have suffered prior to ingesting the cuisine. So clean was this arrangement, that it didn't take him long to find people willing to take over the duties of serving the food and cleaning up after everyone. It was remarkaly easy to get people to help once they were fully satiated.

It took some time, but eventually, when his booth ran smoothly without need of his input, he left them, quickly and quietly without notice. Afterall, he had a meeting to get to. Afterall, he was one of the Worthy. And if he wanted to protect the people who enjoyed his food, Sheng Lau Mane needed to report for duty.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

As he approaches the gathering of Worthy, Swallowtail raises a hand in greeting and bows in the way customary to the lands he was in. "Hail and good fortune, fellows! I am Swallowtail-3, swordsman and Worthy, answering the call to action against a Sublime Beast, however seeing some of the noteworthy amongst us; I almost dare to feel confident."

He lazily sets his hand onto the hilt of his blade, he vaguely recognized a few of those there, perhaps not by association, but recollection of Worthy deeds. Blood Raven he knew of, simply due to Swallowtail's interest in Calambron Worthy after the rebellion; Mus-Mahhu, Warrior-Prince was well known by deed; the polite gentleman seemed out of place, but his comfort in the situation and ease of conversion with the warped Ohong
    Thaumiel said otherwise, the Dancer Hessl was not one he'd expect to see, but the Alabaster King's summons were not to be taken lightly.
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    A Devil and A Seru
    "You recognise me a conjuring? Your eyes truly are sharp. I approach on the behalf of Hessl with greetings and welcome, though should you wish to mingle without meeting that's more than fine by his estimation. Though there is a gathering knot of worthy among our esteemed calibre, I would be happy to lead you if you wish?"
    "The more Scarred Ones in a single group, the more troublesome the situation becomes. As such, please lead the way! Perhaps I'll get to eat one or two before the Trumpet arrives?"
    ________
    Seru's main body travels through the garden at an languid pace, truly enjoying the sights and sounds and flavors of the garden party as he makes his way toward where it transitions into a festival of the 'common folk'. There is no rush for him to arrive there any time soon so he can take his sweet time dispersing an avatar here and and avatar there, spreading in an uneven wave across the gathering. Many of his avatars immediately vanish the moment they are created with the remaining group making themselves known to the local Worthy for small talk.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

With the approach of two more Worthy, one of whom he did in fact recognize, Mus lets out a laugh and an incline of his head. "Hail, Swallowtail-3, may your deeds against the Calamity be written against your name in the Church's Song." he says first to the Calambron, golden skirt glittering as he moves forwards a few steps, holding his hands out to his sides in a gesture of peace. Of course, it was only a gesture, the Prince's way of fighting was well known and did not require his hands. But made in good health and happy disposition, the worthy was clearly pleased to see so many gather near him. That was until he turned to Vivian.

A stormy look came over his face, and he spoke in low, growling tones."And Vivian. I have not forgotten what you have done, woman. That relic rightly belongs to Emesh, and your thievery stains your hands! Such a stain demands response!" He alowed a few more seconds, before his face splits and he starts to laugh, bending over before walking over to the detective, arms outstreched to offer a hug. "HA, I had you going there for a moment, my friend, did I not!?" (he did not.) "I do still want that back though, you can say it belongs in a museum all you like, but just because I'm incredibly old doesn't mean my stuff isn't still mine!"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Vivian sensed the game that the illuminated prince was playing, and was contented enough to play along with the bit, letting him enjoy the moment before the assemblage of other worthy. It cost her nothing, afterall, and bringing a smile to a friends face was certainly worth that much. "Had you maintained the ruse but a single moment longer, I would have smashed my own totem and fled to the softlands rather than risk facing your wrath" she responded, amusmenet playing across her voice like windchimes in the breeze. She clasped a hand on the shoulder of the prince, an affectionate gesture, though perhaps also a comical one, as Mus-Mahhu towered a full foot taller than she did, and was built with considerably more musculature, making Vivian seem positively childsized by comparison. "It is truely good to see you my friend". She ment it, to.

The shift in topic to the matter of the relics was met with a dismissive wave from Vivian "It would seem that I must once again beg both your forgivness and patience in this matter. Perhaps you coud find it acceptable to allow the current caretakers to safeguard your 'stuff' for a small time longer?".

Turning to the others in the group, Vivians face lit up a little "Ah but I am being rude, am I not? Please accept my many apologies, I have failed to make proper introductions." She gave a slight motion of her head that could, if you had saint like generosity, be called a bow "Vivian Toussaint, it is a pleasure"
    High Reverend of the Church of the Icosahedron

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by D&DPrinceTandem View Post
    Thaumiel, Celic, and Úlfheðnar
    "Death for our kind..." Thaumiel eyes dilate, deep in thought, her focus on the path forward. "I do not believe the worldly's idea of death could equate to the Eternal slumber my friend. True death for them is it.. over.. silence... the Eternal slumber is...stillness. a petrification of psyche for us. I too have felt the draw of it over the ages. My last escape was amongst the longest yet, The Repressed one seems to call to me from beyond." she shuddered and laughs nervously at the title. Looking to Celic, smiles somberly, "Your Dreamscapes are always therapeutic Celic; you still have the creativity of youth my friend."

Thaumiel recognizes the name of Úlfheðnar from Yethel speaking of him, and a few detail come to mind "Úlfheðnar.." she ponders quietly, "An unparalleled warrior by trust accounts." The Gorgonid's essence resonates in Thaumiel's sense, "Your connection to the Akasha is similar to my chosen, no wonder Yethel spoke so highly"
    Waving his hand casually one of the shadows approaches. "Thaylic, what do you think of this view on unworthy death?", Celic's calm smile however tells that he already knows the answer. At first Thaylic looks hesitant to speak openly with his social betters, but noting the calm atmosphere he opens up in a matter of seconds. Well, it's not exactly stillness, silent, or eternal, but I guess it could be considered perfect after a sort. I suppose in life I wasn't really that smart, so dying really opened up my eyes to the world around me. It's... nice. Nodding faintly Celic adds "When the unworthy die they aren't gone, just waiting, waiting to be woken up again, much like our sleep. You speculate on the unending eternal nature of unworthy death when woke, but is it not the same for us? Would it not be the same were you not called upon? Perhaps of greater interest would be the nature of worthy death. It is said that a fraction of the mind is lost on every death, but where do those fractions go? Likewise after enough deaths one tends to stay down, does that mean all of their mind, or perhaps their soul, is gone? In that case we can only ask, but where to?" Thaylic, unsure if his part in the conversation is done, melts into Celic's shadow so as not to unnecessarily distract.

As for the mention of his well connectedness, Celic merely shakes his head in the way he always would when dismissing credit as just part of what comes with age and the wandering his legions tend to do. It's one of the great things about chatting with old friends, that even small gestures can communicate entire sub-conversations on their own and simply be understood without having to be explained.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Hessl's Summon and Seru

"Hessl's always up to trade a limb or two if you'd like to start early. Unfortuneately I'm of not much substance for sustenance."
    And with that, the plated devil begins leading too the gathering group of Worthy in the Garden.

The Knot of Worthy
    Quote Originally Posted by D&DPrinceTandem View Post
    Thaumiel & Hessl
    "Perhaps you have warped your own mind too much worldly Dancer. My kind do not forget. Need I remind you of when we pulled you from the jaws of the Dreaming One?" Thaumiel returns, a jesting tone in her thought "My desires are not of the concern of Worldly Hessl, do not hassle yourself to attempt to appease them. Such attempts will only leave you disappointed and empty-handed... speaking of hands, I do applaud you in your continual evolution, its a beautiful art that seems to be dying out in these realms. Though if you seek a helping hand, do not hesitate to reach out," an empathic feeling of alliance and respect accompanies the thought-borne dialog.
    For this Hessl' offers a pause, before dipping his Thaumiel facing head in a rare-among-worthy sign of acknowledgement.
    "To be fair, I had made it most of the way myself, but yours was the final hand that let me walk outside the Green on my own, just as mine were the ones I let shatter giving you the time to wake."

Hessl's next words are purely mental, as he spares his breath more for the other worthy.
    "I'm grateful for the offer, and would be happy to reciprocate with a far more fare one. Though perhaps we would be best to discuss after all the pomp and pageantry unless it's your preference."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm happy to discuss gift trading OOC and handle it 'off screen' or handle IC on if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    Thaumiel said otherwise, the Dancer Hessl was not one he'd expect to see, but the Alabaster King's summons were not to be taken lightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by NineOfSpades View Post
    "Vivian Toussaint, it is a pleasure"
    "And this, is Seru! Once more from his cage to make this a joy!"

With this two of Hessl's heads bow towards the Approaching Seru, lead by a rapidly vanishing Devil who's existence soon ceases. Hessl, having been largly holding another conversation however never stopped paying attention. Vivian herself would almost certainly note the twitch that accompanies some Worthy liable to soon end up on her bad side from Hessl, though coming before she'd introduced herself shows unusual knowledge.

"With all us here I start to share Swallowtail's confidence. Why were they any more of us I might boast that not a flake of the beast's snow will touch the city. And with Vivian on the case, we might be able to force the beast far further than most attempts if we can't finalise it's demise ourselves."
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Days ago...

A slumbering, hulking monstrosity of a wolf rests among a den of yuan-ti and snake-people. Though asleep his body twitches and quivers like mad, as if to remain fully motionless were a death sentence. What are his dreams of? None can say.

Without warning the beast's eyes shoot open and his nostrils flare. The scars lining his body stretch as he shoots to his feet and even further, into the air. Though his movement is intense, none of the creatures around him so much as stir. "I have been summoned, it seems. Until we next meet, my beauties," he thinks in his mind to them, before dashing through the pit entrance at mach speed.

The wolf, Gott, meets leader of the Snake Sanctuary, the Reptilian Repository, the five-headed hydra Thessalia. She had heard the call as well, though her destination was tens of thousands of miles distant from his own journey's end. The siblings-in-arms exchange brief words of encouragement and until-we-meet-again's, with Gott nuzzling each head in turn. They both know the danger the Trumpet poses, and are only too-aware of their own limits.

For a full day and night Gott sprints towards Linnea. He could easily have teleported, but he had enough time to travel by foot--especially at his pace. Upon approaching the border he slows and receives the flower bud with a severe nod of thanks. Once it is in a glass of water he once again sprints at mach 2 towards Arivega.

Though the truly powerful within the Three Spires would spot him easily, Gott mingles among the crowds by passing through the spaces between spaces, uncaring of passing through the creatures within the crowd. The colors and shining banners draw his attention, as they were meant to, and he simply enjoys the time he has before being thrust into another fight for his life, and the lives of others.
    Last edited by Thokk_Smash; 2022-04-20 at 03:44 PM.
    Saber avatar courtesy of Prime32

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Genth View Post
    "You are here to do battle with the Trumpet then, Blood Raven?" he asks, tapping his goblet to refill it with mead. "May your weapons bite deeply, and your foes blood run freely"
    "Why yes, I heard the Trumpet was a mighty foe! I aim to test my limits against such a creature, have you fought it before?"
    "I do aim to taste and test the blood of this beast should I be able to absorb some of it I believe I might have a breakthrough of my combat prowess!"

Raven will drum on his chest plate, a habit he observed from many military mobs to show bravery and yearning for battle.

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    As he approaches the gathering of Worthy, Swallowtail raises a hand in greeting and bows in the way customary to the lands he was in. "Hail and good fortune, fellows! I am Swallowtail-3, swordsman and Worthy, answering the call to action against a Sublime Beast, however seeing some of the noteworthy amongst us; I almost dare to feel confident."

He lazily sets his hand onto the hilt of his blade, he vaguely recognized a few of those there, perhaps not by association, but recollection of Worthy deeds. Blood Raven he knew of, simply due to Swallowtail's interest in Calambron Worthy after the rebellion; Mus-Mahhu, Warrior-Prince was well known by deed; the polite gentleman seemed out of place, but his comfort in the situation and ease of conversion with the warped Ohong
    "Ah Swallowtail-3, so that's what your name was! You had refused to give it to me before when we had dueled, but I have become much stronger since then.
    After this Trumpet issue is dealt with I request we duel again hahaha!"

Quote Originally Posted by NineOfSpades View Post
    Turning to the others in the group, Vivians face lit up a little "Ah but I am being rude, am I not? Please accept my many apologies, I have failed to make proper introductions." She gave a slight motion of her head that could, if you had saint like generosity, be called a bow "Vivian Toussaint, it is a pleasure"
    "And I am Blood Raven, massacre of the battlefield. I hope you can keep up with the tumultuous din that will be upon us soon."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Growing bored with just being an observer in the shadows, the cat fades into the darkness for a moment before fading back into existance again, this time closer to the rest of the group. Still maintaining its stealth, and avoiding the shiniest of the people, "Ah, so many people here already and yet a purpose nary not but one? There are those who be amongst you the angst is just delightfully palatable and others a smidgeon of arrogance. Me, Myself, I fall partially so into the latter, though for far different reasons than the others. "
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Ah, but we do have purpose!" The Prince replies, unperturbed by the shadowy emergence. "The battle begins anon, and thus in the moment present we sup together and talk about glory to come."

Mus-Mahhu takes another generous swig from his mead-cup, his gestures broad and grandiose. "Name thyself, creature of the shadows, so we may know your deeds and sing of them in the days to come!"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah myself, never a name I would call me but myself. Though there are those who would call me, Chereth." The cat replies before hovering again midair and drifting along wrapped in faint shadows.

16. - Top - End - #46

On the topic of death and worthy unlife
    Thaumiel ponders for but a moment "I do suppose you would know more on the topic of death, given I have only ever lived. Although I still hold that for us, its a tad different." Thaumiel concludes, "as for the losing of the mind.. I would be lead to believe that what is being lost is fractions of the ego. The mind is an ever evolving organ my friend, if the ego fails to protect the mind, the id will consume the ego, resulting in a worthy devoid of self and reason as we see. At least that is my analysis on the subject."

The Knot of Worthy

Thaumiel gives a mental nod to Hessl "It is decided then, just call my name when you wish to speak again. I will hear."
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    OOC is fine, Pm me on discord abt it whenever
    Quote Originally Posted by Flappeercraft
    NAAARUUUUTOOOOOOOO

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

The cat looks around humming as he rubs his chin with a paw. "You know, I truely thought something was about to happen there. Something grand and unexpected.And yet here we are, feels far too long. " glancing to his wrist "Perhaps I set my wrist to the wrong time?"