New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: IC Keep on the Borderlands (5e) Dragonlance

Zara

"The tail will do for proof. We can also think about selling the head," Zara suggests. "A manticore skull would be a fine trophy for some even if I'd find it a little on the garish side on my wall."

The ex-knight distastefully eyed the bloody satchel. Farms maybe didn't sound so bad at this point...

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Dargoth Vale - Camp

The afternoon wears on and your vile cargo warms and seeps as it thaws. Your trek back north is as dull as expected, though you see additional travelers moving both with and against you. Small groups of people with worn belongings and sometimes animals. Some are curious and ask what they will find in the Vale ahead, others march with the disinterest of accomplished migrants.

You stroll into the camp and some of you note a itch at the back of your necks, and some unusual movement. As you enter what passes for a square among the sturdy central structures, a number of figures emerge and stand opposing you. Eight bulky men gather, wearing their customary rough leather armor with thick hides and furs. All are armed, though not immediately threatening. Some speak to another seated upon a log, who tosses aside a piece of fruit. He places a big, thick leather helmet on his head and approaches, pointing a big knife. His common is thickly accented. "You there, you stop. You need answers for attacking my men. Black-haired sooka come forward and we teach a lesson. We protect Vale, you attack us, break bones by surprise. You no friend of Vale, you no respect us.

"Go now from Vale or stay and we teach you. Rest of you mind your business."

Together they start walking forward.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Aria eyes up the opposition. At least they were selling retribution openly. She half expected to be attacked in her sleep.

"It's ok guy. I got this. I started this mess, I'll handle it" Aria addresses the members of her belly formed party.

"lets see. One two three... Eight of you" she counts aloud "and one of me" Hardly seems fair. You guys could still retreat of you wanted" she smirks at them drawing her war fan.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+3)[22] for initiative when it matters

4. - Top - End - #214
    Colossus in the Playground

Heart looks to the men, and back to her friends. She says "I don't think this is gonna go well for you. I mean..." She gestures towards the trophy they've brought back. "That didn't stop us. And that flew. And was bigger than all of you put together."
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Royse Mide, Paladin of Vengeance
    Royse readjusted the quite heavy sack and stepped behind Aria. This was her show to make, but his intent was clear. If they tried to follow through with their threat then it wouldn't be just one of the Jade Talons that they'd have to fight against. There was a lesson to be learned here; it was knowing when to walk away.

"Your men didn't respect her. They treated her like a common streetwalker. What respect did she owe you for that?"
    Show
    Intimidation (1d20+4)[16]

6. - Top - End - #216

BlackDragon

Zara

Zara also moved forward, her right going to the pommel of her rapier though not drawing just yet. Instead she found herself smiling at Aria's comment.

"She's right you know. It doesn't seem fair. Still we are giving you a chance to go, a chance I strongly suggest you take."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Dargoth Vale - Camp

All eight men now start moving toward you, some appearing confused why the rest of you aren't backing off. One man, whom you recognize mostly because of his badly bruised and split face, shouts, "Nyet! You welcome us, then attack. It was a trap!"

"Da,"
    says the leader. "You take your beating, sooka, and then tell whoever you work for we are not leaving." He says something in their language and they run toward Aria, some with their heads and shoulders down to bull-rush anyone standing in their way...

Spoiler: Round 1
    Show
    Initiative

Zara
    Aria
    Thugs
    Royse
    Heart (Nat 1 - Lose one action this round; they have weapons but are not using them. Having never experienced the weirdness of this scenario, you hesitate)

You may choose to leave, stand aside, or Disengage. Otherwise, two men are coming at each of you. Please make Athletics or Acrobatics checks at Disadvantage vs DC 12. Failure indicated you have been knocked prone, and must oppose a DC 15 grapple check.

8. - Top - End - #218

NecromancerGuy

Exclamation Re: IC Keep on the Borderlands (5e) Dragonlance

"well, can't say I didn't warn you" Aria shrugs as agree moves to intercept the thugs. She attempts to duck under their reach, then jabs the war fan forward into the gut of the closest one.

She sweeps her leg in a wide arc attempting to strike their legs and knock them both prone.

Show

All damage posted is intentionally non lethal. She doesn't want to kill anyone in this bout

(1d20+5)[19] acrobatics
    (1d20+5)[24] disadvantage
    (1d20+5)[19] acrobatics to oppose the grapple check
    (1d20+5)[12] For her first attack and (1d6+3)[8] damage
    Flurry of blows kicks:
    (1d20+5)[9] to hit against first thug for (1d4+3)[7] damage
    (1d20+5)[21] to hit against second thug for (1d4+3)[5] damage
    Each thug that gets hit needs to make a dexterity save vs DC 13 to avoid falling prone.

Posting on phone so fingers crossed those are all entered correctly

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Despite the trying to ready himself for the inevitable, the charge still manages to take his feet out from under him. Royse tries to recover and instead finds himself pinned.

Show
    Waiting until the thugs take their turn.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Athletics (1d20+5)[16]
    Disadvantage (1d20+5)[7]
    Possible Grapple (1d20+5)[6]
    Last edited by herastor; 2022-04-20 at 06:45 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220

BlackDragon

Zara

Zara braced herself for the impact from the louts. She'd never been an expert in brawling and regretted that lack of experience now...

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Acrobatics: (1d20+3)[9]
    Disadvantage: (1d20+3)[15]
    Acrobatics to oppose grapple: (1d20+3)[11]

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Dargoth Vale - Camp

The men rush in shouting and throw themselves at you in tackles, no real technique involved, just bearing you down with their weight.

With a simple grab and turn Aria tosses one attacker to the earth, and as he rises she delivers blows at the leader, who appears more experience or at least more wary, taking her specific skills into account. He responds with powerful blows from on high to open her guard and follows with jabs to the midsection ... she is fast enough to elude his meaty fists, but is taking his measure.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Royse regathered himself. He strained against every ounce of muscle pressing against him and started to rise from the ground. From the black depths of his pupil a light took hold.

"I've given you fair warning. What happens next is the consequence of your actions."

Show
    Royse will try to escape the grapple with his action. I'm assuming it's still at disadvantage and at the same DC so I'll roll twice. Let me know if it has changed. If he escapes he'll use half his movement to stand from prone. Either way he'll use a bonus action to cast Hunter's Mark on one of the two toughs he's engaged with.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Athletics (1d20+5)[17]
    Disadvantage (1d20+5)[24]
    Last edited by herastor; 2022-04-26 at 12:23 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Fresh post in case I didn't screw this up entirely.

Dargoth Vale - Camp

Aria hooks a toe behind the ankle of her (single, sorry!) attacker and he hits the ground, rolling aside. Zara struggles under the weight of her attackers. Heart does not resist. Royse manages to get a grip on a thug's ankle and drags him off his torso while kicking the other away, freeing himself, stands in a low guard, and mars the first man with his magical awareness.

Round 2 starts ...

14. - Top - End - #224

NecromancerGuy

Aria moves in close to her prone attacker. She attempts an axe kick as he rolls out of the way. She follows it with an elbow and knee strike taking advantage of her position above him.

Show
    unarmed strike then flurry of blows all non lethal
    (1d20+5)[11] for first attack
    (1d20+5)[8] advantage for prone
    (1d20+5)[19] second attack
    (1d20+5)[18] advantage for prone
    (1d20+5)[14] third attack
    (1d20+5)[22] advantage for prone
    (1d4+3)[5] damage for first
    (1d4+3)[5] damage for second
    (1d4+3)[4] damage for third

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Dargoth Vale - Camp

Aria delivers several solid blows to the leader, who returns the favor (8 total non-lethal), especially with a rabbit punch in the ribs. A very impatient warrior who'd been standing aside rushed in with a sloppy kick, eliciting a rebuke from the elader in their language, but sharp words continue.

All the other warriors are merely trying to keep you all from engaging in the central fight, doing no harm but attampting to keep you grappled. Royse's attackers try to re-engage but he successfully pushes them aside.