New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Binks (new?) Rise of the Runelords!

Looking up from his breakfast, Jason quietly wipes his mouth and folds the napkin to the side. A healer's work is never done...

Standing up, Jason grabs his healer's kit and walks over to the man as the rest of the group unite to defend Ameiko. Setting it on the table, Jason looks at the older gentleman. "Jason Loenar, Field Medic, Andoran Expeditionary. May I look at that and see if there is any serious damage?"

Spoiler: Jason's Action
    Show

Jason will assist Ip's diplomacy roll. (1d20+6)[7]
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

Favorite Merc Maxims

2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

As you watch, the elder Kaijitsu appears to run the gamut of all of the negative emotions in quick succession. He offers Snesk only a brief, haughty glance, before snorting in derision at Klim's comment. His nose rises further as Brynlieagh makes her own interjection, before turning briefly to Ip. "You appear to have managed to find all of the trash this town has to offer in such a short time," he spits. As Klim and Brynlieagh continue their mutterings, he returns it in kind. "A pity. Perhaps without the help of such an inept bunch, less of the townsfolk would be in mourning today! -No, you may not!" He snaps at Jason, all-but snarling at this point. "The last thing Sandpoint needs is a band of filthy vagrants to attract more of those vile cretins into town! I'll have a word with the mayor today and see to it you're not wel-"

"Father!" Ameiko interrupts, bursting from the kitchen door with disheveled hair and a haggard expression. "Please, sit. Sorry for the mess, but you know it's been a difficult time!" Perhaps surprisingly, the crotchety old man's harsh expression softens somewhat as his daughter appears. "Indeed..." he murmurs, as he accepts the offered seat. A moment later, he makes a comment to Ameiko in a language none of you recognize. He eyebrows furrow and she glances around the room briefly before responding in the same tongue. They talk back and forth for only a few moments, his expression rapidly souring once more (as hers begins to take on steel as well).

After less than a minute, the elder rises from his seat, reverts to the common tongue and barks. "My decision is final! It's not safe here, and we're moving back to Magnimar! Today!" Ameiko sputters briefly before yelling back "You're in my inn, you crusty, irritable churl!" Lonjiku reaches out, grabs his daughter by the hair, and begins pulling towards the door. Before anyone else can react, she grabs a ladle off the counter and brains him with it, splattering overnight fish stock and potatoes all over the impolite nobleman. He releases her, stunned, and blinks twice. After catching his breath, his voice lowers. "You're as dead to me as your mother," he finally says, almost frighteningly calm, and storms from the building.

Ameiko watches with furious eyes, and suddenly melts as her father rounds the corner out of sight. A heartbeat later, she falls into the same chair her father just rose from, rapidly devolving into a sobbing mess.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Brynlieagh watches the exchange with an ever-darkening expression and nearly leaps up to help defend Ameiko when her father violently grabs her by the hair. Instead she cheers and laughs for a moment when the young woman hits him with the soup ladle, giggling at the old man's bedraggled appearance. When he snaps at his daughter again, apparently disowning her, Brynlieagh goes quiet, unsure how to react. "Lyssmi? No...can't have her eating the old cur, that will only upset Ameiko more..." she mumbles as she looks around awkwardly. Then she nods to herself and says, "Lyssmi, stay with her," and walks into the back kitchen area. Once there she finds some rags, a bucket, and some water and returns to try and clean up the mess from the confrontation, looking sad and clumsy as she does.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Klimvell Mikoye, human hunter

Klim watched the events unfold, his eyes narrowing as the situation turns tense. But when the old man grabs her hair to pull Ameiko from the inn, he dropped his mug and stood up as he grabbed his bow. Before he could nock an arrow, the fiesty woman had brained her father with a ladle, shocking the old man into letting go. Freezing, Klim's eyes darted from the old man to his daughter and back again, his bow forgotten in his hand. When the man left, throwing one more quiet insult the way of his daughter, Klim clenched his fists for a moment. When Brynlieagh moves to gather a bucket and rag, it breaks the spell and Klim moves, following her only to break off and approach Ameiko. He stood nearby, silently for a moment, then sat after a moment. He cleared his throat, started to speak, then stopped. After a few more seconds of silence, he put one hand awkwardly on her shoulder, gently, then murmured, "U-ulfgar would ... he'd know when Ah was miffed, ya know? He wouldn't say nuthin' ... Ah mean, course not, cuz he was ... uh ... cuz he's a dog. But he made me feel btter jus' sittin' wit me. So ... Ah'll shut up now ... but ... Ah'm ..." he gestured to the rest of the group, "we're here ... fer you."

Klim pulled his hand back hesitently, then just sat and stared at his own hands, lost in his own thoughts for a bit.

OOC: We'll see if this flies :)

Effects/Conditions: Animal focuses

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    AC: 17 HPs: 15 CMB/D: +2/16 Init: +4
    F +4 R +7 W +2 Move: 30’
    Spoiler: Spells
    Show
    0 (Unl) create water, detect magic, guidance, mending, light
    1 - summon nature's ally I, gravity bow, aspect of the falcon, entangle

Perception +7 (+11); Handle Animal +6; Stealth +9; Survival +7; Heal +7; Nature +4; Geography +4; Climb +5; Swim +5; Sense Motive +2
    Animal Focus 0/2 min
    - Klim: Falcon (+4 Per) and Wolf (gain scent 10')
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

Scowling at the Elder Kaijitsu, Jason pulls out a handkerchief and holds it out to Ameiko. "Corporal Karnak has a saying: 'Who is your krantt? Who will fight by your side and kill in your name?'"

Letting the inn owner take the cloth, Jason assists Brynlieagh in cleaning up the mess. "The fact he wants to leave can be a problem in maintaining the peace. He represents part of the leadership in this place."

Looking at the rest of the group, Jason continues cleaning up. "The sooner we get the search set up, the sooner we can return some peace and stability."
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

Favorite Merc Maxims

2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Indeed!"

Turning to Ameiko, "I'm sorry your father is such a cuss. As an Orc, you might imagine I know a thing or three about family tension. In the end. If they are worth having, they come back. If they don't, it's better that way. You don't need him either way." Snesk feels embarrassed to be so forward to a near stranger, but she figured she might help and surely couldn't make things much worse.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

7. - Top - End - #247
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Lyssmi leans into Ameiko, the intense feline focus hard to ignore while Brynlieagh continues to mop, poorly. "Do you want me to...follow him?" asks Lenore, to which Brynlieagh shakes her head and gestures for her familiar to take a perch out of the way somewhere in the common room.