Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Strife in San Fransapporo [Masks: A New Generation]

Thorn of the Scarlet Moon Empire
    Conditions: Angry, Insecure
    Potential: 3/5
    Hold: 0

Sebastian offers a shrug, shrinking inward a little as familiar faces start to crowd around. He didn't like an audience on the best of days. Today wasn't shaping up to be one of those. "Went fine, everyone's fine as far as I know. Not really the front line guy. Whatever they were after, they didn't get is all I can say. I don't think we'll really know what it was either." No reason to tell someone what's going on if they didn't have to. It wasn't likely that Sangha would rush to inform the Guardians or Weather Report about what they found, but it was better to talk to the team before he just went blabbering about team secrets. "You'd probably have heard if Danny was hurt before me. I really haven't had much of a chance to connect with the team after the robbery anyway. Was there anything else I could do for you today? Planning a trip out of the city and wanted to get to the Shrine for a blessing."

Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    Unstoppable, Symbol of Authority, Are You Watching Closely

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

Kid Midnight
    Conditions:
    Potential: 1/5

Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Danger: -1
    • Freak: -1
    • Savior: +2
    • Superior: 0
    • Mundane: +3

Show
    Straight. Up. Creepin': When you scope out a person or place, roll + Mundane. On a 10+, ask two. On a 7-9, ask one.

• What's my best way in/out?
    • What happened here recently?
    • What here is worth grabbing?
    • Who or what here is not as they seem?
    • Whose place is this?

On a miss, you find yourself in over your head. The GM will tell you why this is a bad spot.

Won't Let You Down: When you help a teammate, you can spend 2 out of the Team pool to add +2 to their roll.

Spoiler: Drives
    Show
    Choose four drives to mark at the start of play. When you fulfill a marked drive, strike it out, and choose one: mark potential, clear a condition, take Influence over someone involved.

When your four marked drives are all struck out, choose and mark four new drives. When all drives are struck out, change playbooks, retire from the life, or become a paragon of the city.

• Kiss someone dangerous.
    • Help a teammate when they need you most.
    • Outperform an adult hero.
    • Reject someone who tells you "you shouldn't be here."

Kid Midnight is not somebody who needs to be told twice. He's had enough AEGIS training to know that he hasn't had anywhere near enough training to handle whatever that freakish anomaly is. "Clear out!" Vaulting over any furniture in his path, he makes for the exit as expeditiously as possible.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Team in the Pool: 0

Thorn

Sangha shakes his head, "No, that was all." He turns to leave, briefly glancing back to add "Enjoy your trip." before setting off and away from the Hikari shrine at a slow walk. The dignity of his exit is marred somewhat by having to irritably wave away tourists trying to pressure him for autographs and selfies, the Tiger's dislike for the limelight apparently not as well known as his turn as a leading Guardian.

Though most of the buzz follows the retired hero as he leaves, there is still a larger than usual crowd around Thorn. None are quite bold enough to approach him, but his brief proximity to celebrity is apparently enough that it's generated some extra interest in him. A few of the Shrine's more familiar attendants offer him sympathetic glances, though none actively intervene to break the groupings up.

Ultimately, though, Thorn is left to make his own decisions of what to do, the Hikari Shrine stands proud ahead, and there is the promise of solitude awaiting too should he choose to relocate himself.

Spoiler: Thorn
    Show
    With Sangha taking his leave, Thorn is free to make his own decisions of what to do next. The Shrine awaits, after all. Is there an attendant that Thorn normally speaks to? Or is the search for a blessing a more private affair, kept between just himself and the shrine itself?

Danny, Calamity, and Kid Midnight - 7 Years Bad Luck?

Turning the page from Thorn's relatively peaceful interactions with the Tiger, the panels show an overhead freezeframe shot of Luke's lab. Danny rushing to his feet to try and pull the doctor away from the fracturing window, Kid Midnight looking to make good on the instruction he's received and make a hasty retreat, and Calamity sat between the two heroes, frozen in her seat at the strangeness of what has interrupted what was already a strange conversation.

The next panel is shattered into pieces as the containment field of the window fails, with the greatest damage to the framing being close to the exploded window. The shards of the panel show Kid Midnight succesfully out of the room, Calamity knocked to the floor, but otherwise unharmed, and Danny and Luke, the closest to the rupture, sprawled on the floor. In the gaps between the shattered panel, a riot of colour fills the gutters. Within can be seen ethereal and unreal landscapes, as well as ocassional glimpses of movement. Where the panel gutters intersect with Luke's, and especially Danny's prone forms, the guttering is tinted a violent crimson.

The panels manage to return to normal on the following page, though the shattered window now has floating shards overlayed across a brilliant white void, impossible to see any kind of detail within. Luke groans as he pulls himself to his feet, his arm showing puncture wounds from the exploded window in a few locations. A trained eye will show the injuries to be deep, but not life threatening. Danny's attempted rescue likely saved the man's life. Though not without consequence for the monkey boy himself. Danny's wounds are more severe, punctures and surface lacerations riddling his right side. Some have glass and bits of machinery, others appear to have had no physical cause at all. The injuries with no associated shrapnel do not appear to even be bleeding, simply existing as cuts.

The shattered window appears to be making no further change now, whatever had been approaching from the other side apparently no longer present. WIth an injured civilian and teammate, the question now is what do you do, heroes?

Spoiler: Danny, Calamity, and Kid Midnight
    Show
    Luke is hurt, but not critically so. He will need medical attention, but doesn't need it instantly.

Danny is similarly hurt and took the brunt of the explosion in his effort to save Luke.

Spoiler: Danny
    Show
    Your injuries caused by the shrapnel hurt. A lot. Mark a Condition.

Strangely, the injuries not from the shrapnel feel almost numb. There's sensation there, but it's very muted and faint. It could be shock, but perhaps it has something to do with whatever it was that exploded out of the window..? Either way, you should probably get it checked out.

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Sebastian let out a soft sigh as he's free from the Tiger's sights, the rest of the crowd barely registering as he collects himself. There had to be some sort of auspice in it all but he was sure as hell not the person to weigh in on that. He was in the right place to find out, if he were so inclined but if the fates prescribed him any ill will he'd rather not know it was coming.

The panels follow after Sebastian however as he moves deeper into the Shrine. There was a lot to do and he'd already been delayed. The quiet of the Shrine was a welcome one, the sound of his own thoughts a swarm of bees buzzing in his head. No sense going to one of the priests on duty, they'd probably not be of much help. No. Maybe a few words, a hollow blessing and he'd get a scheduled visit somewhere down the road. What he needed, for angry ghosts and demons, was one of the Shrine Maidens. He'd heard tell they used to be active in the heroics of the city but that was at least a decade ago. Now the Hikari Maidens just stuck to the Shrine, or so he was told. Still had magic, still had the occasional dust up with things beyond human ken. They were the target from the get go, getting to them and getting them to help was the start of this mission.

Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Daniel "Danny" Carter
    Conditions: Hopeless! -2 to Unleash Your Powers
    Guilty: -2 to Provoke or Assess the Situation

Show
    Danger: +2
    Freak: +1
    Saviour: 0
    Superior: +2
    Mundane: 0

Spoiler: Out of Character
    Show
    Danny feels terrible for failing to protect his friends and Luke. Marking Guilty.

Danny groans, the world around him spinning as he raises a hand to cup his eyes against the harsh blurriness of the light, his movements strained and slow. His legs curl up, his body clutching at itself into a fetal position. Smart... the voice deadpanned in his head, barely there over the thrumming that felt like it threatened to explode from him. "Was that you...?" he manages to barely get out of a mouth that felt like it was filled with sand, his voice hoarse and rough. Moving hurt. Talking hurt. Laying still hurt...he wasn't sure what to do. For just a moment, the reality of his situation sunk in. And he sobbed silently, face hidden from the world. This wasn't something he could hide from his family, even if they never really paid attention to him. Just...what could he do?
    Last edited by Yoachuallathui; 2022-11-01 at 11:17 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Wyrd
    Conditions: Afraid, Angry, Insecure
    Power: 0

Show
    • Freak: +1
    • Danger: +1
    • Saviour: -1
    • Superior: +2
    • Mundane: +0

Spoiler: Current Form
    Show
    Mundane

Well.

Rune blinked a couple of times, processing everything heard and half-heard over the past couple of minutes.

”Doing research before delving into the deeper magicks is indeed the intelligent way of approaching the matter,” they replied with an approving smile. ”,”

”Even if such a thing were possible, though, there’s no guarantee that one of the great Zodiac spirits wouldn’t swiftly seek out a new host, rather than lying idle,” they pointed out.

”What if the Monkey Spirit has already found itself a host? Would you just give up your ambitions, or would you try and convince the Spirit that you are a better fit?” Rune asked, quirking a ruddy eyebrow inquisitively.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Thorn

Thorn is, fortunately, able to leave the hustle and bustle of the more tourist laden section of the shrine behind without drawing anyone after him. Fame by association only carries so far it would seem. Instead, he soon finds himself in amongst the actively tended sections of the Shrine. Various priests and Shrine Maidens go about their rituals and ministrations. Most Thorn has had no real reason to interact with before. One, however, is familiar as one of the more approachable Maidens. A woman named Kyoko, she's currently in the process of lighting incense and setting out offerings. Something about Thorn's presence makes itself felt and she looks around to him after a few moments. A smile crosses her face, polite in nature and showing some recognition of the young hero, but in the same way a cashier might recognise the face of someone who drops by every other week. "Good afternoon." She inclines her head politely toward him, raising it again after a moment, "It's good to see you again."

Spoiler: Kyoko Appearance
    Show

Wyrd

Rowan blinks at Wyrd's query. "I hadn't really thought about that," they admit quietly, "But, well, shouldn't I at least try..? What if the Monkey spirit hasn't found a host? Or if the host it's found is a bad one..? I just know I'd be a good fit, and it'd solve a lot of problems if I could gain the power of the Monkey, too."

Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Sebastian offers a nod in greeting as he finally spots a familiar face, moving to the side and away from any other passer by's. "Good afternoon, Miko Kyoko yes? And to you, though the reason may not be so joyous. I don't wish to distract you from your duties but if I could steal you away for a moment? I'm in need of some of the Shrine's..." he trails off, trying to calculate just how to approach this from an angle that wouldn't get an immediate no from the Shrine. Dealing with ghosts was, after all, their deal. Even the Weather Report let them steer that ship. Dealing with ghosts in Karakuri Town? "Well, I really shouldn't say out here in public. Hero business and all that."

Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

Kid Midnight
    Conditions:

Show

Show
    Straight. Up. Creepin': When you scope out a person or place, roll + Mundane. On a 10+, ask two. On a 7-9, ask one.

• Whose place is this?

On a miss, you find yourself in over your head. The GM will tell you why this is a bad spot.

Won't Let You Down: When you help a teammate, you can spend 2 out of the Team pool to add +2 to their roll.

Show
    Choose four drives to mark at the start of play. When you fulfill a marked drive, strike it out, and choose one: mark potential, clear a condition, take Influence over someone involved.

When your four marked drives are all struck out, choose and mark four new drives. When all drives are struck out, change playbooks, retire from the life, or become a paragon of the city.

KM pokes a head out from his cover in the hallway. He's momentarily awed by what he sees - shining pieces of glass and metal hanging in air, as if frozen mid-explosion, against a brilliant white void beyond the broken window. But as his eyes pass over Luke and Danny, his training kicks in as he rushes to their side to perform a vitals check.

"Calamity, are you okay? I need you to be okay. Danny and Luke are hurt, Danny looks bad. I can shoulder Luke, but you'll need to carry Danny."

He checks Luke for consciousness and focus by waving a finger around and watching to see if his eyes can follow. "Doctor, can you understand me? You need medical attention. Are there facilties on-site, or should we take you to the hospital?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rolled a 7 for Straight. Up. Creepin'. I ask one question - What happened here recently?.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Calamity
    Conditions:Quirk (see Quirk on the Transfer playbook)
    Potential: 2/5

Show
    • Danger: +3
    • Savior: 0
    • Superior: -1
    • Mundane: +2

Calamity pulls herself to her feet, dusting off her shoulders. She briefly turns to Kid Midnight, her hat casting a shadow over her eyes and mask. Yeah, I'm fine K. I got Danny.

As she approaches Danny, she leans down and notices him curled into a ball. As she begins to approach, she hesitates. D... Danny? Are you able to get up? I can pick you up, but if you don't think I should... are you... Calamity leans down to Danny. preparing to lift, and as her head leans near his she whispers How can I help? Not just... physically. I want to help you with your own personal Monkey, I just don't know how. I can get you out of here real easy

As the above dialogue box spills between panels, we see beyond Calamity's domino mask, and see her eyes shine brightly with concern and protective instinct, as the shadow clears from her brow. She is going to protect however she can, and she will control her powers to do so.

Show

Calamity is worried about Danny, she knows she can simply grab him and bring him to safety but she's worried about more than that. I rolled a 10 on Pierce the Mask so I can ask three questions. I only have two, which are "What do you want me to do?", and "How could I get your character to confide in me about the Monkey, despite my Ignorance?". On a 10+, while having the Quirk condition marked, I also get an additional choice, and I choose to clear the Quirk condition as I focus so heavily on someone else, I am able to get out of my own head about my powers.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Thorn

Kyoko tilts her head at Thorn's query, then nods. "Of course, bear with me a few moments, I just need to finish up with my duties, and then I can take you to a private room to talk."

A pair of panels show Kyoko going through her remaining rituals, then a series of panels show her taking Thorn through to a side room, the interior sparsely furnished. Speechless panels follow with Kyoko preparing tea while Thorn begins his explanation, Kyoko sipping tea as she continues to listen, then finally Kyoko offering out a bowl containing beads to the young hero.

Before transitioning to the rest of his team, there's a single black panel with a final word from Kyoko to Thorn. "The Magatama will only help you so far, it is up to you to unlock their power. Seek balance and understand your limits or you may find yourself overwhelmed."

Danny, Calamity, and Kid Midnight - Hospital Trips

The black panels fade back in to an overhead of the aftermath of the exploded research room. Kid Midnight and Calamity aren't alone with their injured friend and the Doctor for long, the noise and commotion has drawn other people from elsewhere in the building. Surprise and confusion are etched on the faces of the researchers that have run to their aid. There's a hard cut to the hospital, Danny bandaged and propped up in bed while his teammates stay with him. A pop-up text intrudes on the scene, the text is from Wyrd to the group as a whole. Going to have to step back from the team for a while, hope the meeting went well.

End Issue One.

Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Issue Two
    Gently Falling Apart

Issue Two of Strife's cover is less vibrant and busy than that of the first issue. The team are shown with their backs to the reader, Rune notably absent. They're facing toward the ominous looking Bear Island, Karakuri Town just about visible at this distance. The skies are overcast, but not outright stormy. Akari stands off to one side of the team, looking downcast as she turns away from them. Behind her, her bodyguards look ready to rush in to battle. To the other side, Rowan looks toward the team with an eager expression, a slight grin tugs at their lips. Set behind them, and a little ways back, stands Liu, the Robin, on her phone. She gazes intently toward the team as she speaks.

The first page of Issue Two is dedicated to Akari. She is standing in a large hall, facing toward the reader, though looking past them to someone else off-panel. Her posture is deferential, her expression sad. The first panel has her with eyes closed, apparently having just been spoken to. She responds in the next, her expression hardening, "I understand. I'll deal with it, we'll get it back to you." The next panel has her turning away and exiting the hall as the page fades to black.

Filler space
    Three Days After the Sun Mall Heist
    Filler space

It's been a few days since the manic events of the attempted heist at the Sun Mall. You've each had a chance to recover from your injuries, at least to a degree. Scrapes and bruises are almost the badge of a hero, after all. The attempted heist, as well as the teams efforts in thwarting it, have made the news. Speculation abounds as to what the villain trio were in search of, but speculation largely revolves around them being after simple cash rather than anything more extravagant. Most news outlets appear content to follow the precedent set by the San Fran Standard with their broadly positive depiction of the team and their efforts.

Of course, you all have a broader picture of what's going on. Your capture of the disc, and subsequent copying of the information on it, have shown you that there's dangerous research being carried out in the heart of the city, and there are factions within the city that are aware of it and are looking to take control of it for their own ends. The following is known information to each of you as members of the team;

• The Disc you recovered holds information on Leyline Research carried out by Wukong Industries over ten years ago.
    • Said research provoked Elementals and produced higher and higher energy outputs, eventually requiring metahuman intervention to surpress the impacts of the tests.
    • The Warrior knows of the Disc and hired the villain trio to retake it via. his granddaughter.
    • Wukong Industries wants the Disc back to enable them to continue with unspecified research.
    • Said research may be related to an exploding window to another world that injured Danny.

Given how recently Danny was injured, it's prehaps surprising that the team is meeting again so soon. And yet each of you have received a hand-written note requesting your presence, the time and date leading you all to a Ballet school in the capital district. Such a request might normally be ignored, especially as they were left for each of you anonymously, simply tucked under your respective front doors. Intriguingly, though, despite the content of the messages being identical, the hand-writing on each is markedly different when compared to one another. The contents of the message provide an equal mystery.

I've heard you were involved in stopping the heist a few days ago, and I know what you found has something to do with Wukong's research on planar windows. I can help, I want to talk.

Whoever the mystery contact is, whatever their motives, they aren't immediately present as you arrive. You have a chance to just spend a few moments catching up with each other. How are you feeling? Are you wary of an ambush? Excited at the possibility of a new ally? Just glad to not be in a fight?

Spoiler: Everyone
    Show
    Give a brief summary of how you've spent your past few days. Have you been lying low? Out and patrolling? Resting up?

Spoiler: Danny
    Show
    Your injuries are, while still somewhat sore, healed enough for you to be back to your daily activities.
    Last edited by Comissar; 2023-01-14 at 12:00 PM.

Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Sebastian arrives early to the Capital District, scouting around, making mental notes of the surrounding area and the Ballet School specifically before posting up somewhere conspicuous and easy to spot. He was...exhausted, bedraggled and beat up and how he'd dragged himself to this meet up was a wonder even to himself but the past was the past and he did what he could to present himself as put together as the team arrived.

Show
    Rolled an 11 on Assess

What here can I use . . . to make an escape hatch for the team?

What here is the biggest threat

Show
    Physics, What Physics, Criminal Mind, Unstoppable
    Last edited by Razade; 2023-01-15 at 12:41 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Kid Midnight
    Conditions:

Show

Show

• Whose place is this?

Show

Easily spotting Sebastian at his conspicuous post, Kid Midnight wastes no time milling about.

"Hey. You look like ****. Worse than me. Almost as bad as Danny, even," he says with a cocky grin. His bruised eye socket is still shiny from his last fight after the previous other night's outing took a turn for the worse. "Think there's anything to this? I'm tired of going on wild goose chases and walking away empty-handed."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Conditions: Angry

"Good morning to you too." Sebastian huffs at Midnight Kid, folding his arms defensively across himself as they appear on scene. "Yeah...that didn't work out as I'd planned. Felt like the right thing to do in the moment. Should have taken you with me and sent Wyrd with the others. Now we're down a member to boot. As to this?" he moves a hand about the street, a grumpy scowl slowly sliding into place. "I've got a plan in case things go pear shaped. Where are the others?"

Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Daniel "Danny" Carter

Show
    Saviour: -1
    Mundane: +1

Danny had been resting for the last few days, most of it in a hospital bed. Truth be told, he wasn't too eager to return home. There would be questions he wasn't prepared to answer, especially when he had so many questions rattling around inside his own head. The cynic in him doubted his parents had even noticed he was gone...or just chalked it up to getting in trouble somewhere. If only they knew...

Of those questions, though, there was one that couldn't bear waiting...who had sent the note and how had they managed to persuade the nurse to hand it to him on the ward? Or even known where he was. Finding out via text that his friends had received similar notes to their homes only made it worse, too. Like they were unsafe...

He walked gingerly up to the others, upon seeing them at the agreed upon meeting point, a far cry from his previous litheness. He still wore a few bandages, his face swollen, but he raised a hand in greeting. "Hi...how is it looking?"

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Calamity
    Conditions:
    Potential: 2/5

Show
    • Danger: +3
    • Savior: 0
    • Superior: -1
    • Mundane: +2

We see Calamity walk into frame, having folded up a pamphlet and put in her back pocket. At the edge of the pamphlet, we see the letters “Kints-” Her face is set in a thoughtful expression, before she notices the rest of the team. We also see a new sticker on the back of Calamity’s phone, a small colorful cartoon horse with a similar hat to her own, given to her by a young child.

“Howdy, what’d I miss?” She says, looking around. She spots Danny and immediately goes to him. “You look a might better, glad to see you up and around!”
    Last edited by Lillianapolis; 2023-03-21 at 05:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Team in the Pool: 1

With pleasentries and well-wishes exchanged, no contact apparently forthcoming, and the time of the meeting fast approaching, it's time to head into the ballet school itself. The building itself, though clearly regularly maintained, is currently empty of any people. An a-frame board stands just a little way inside the entrance, a neatly written message upon it reading 'I'm in the second studio on the left, door's not locked'.

The panels follow from behind the team as they progress through the building. One showing the well-kept corridor with only brief glimpses of the dance studios behind their respective doors. A second as they reach the room they'd been directed to, the reflection of a woman sat cross-legged on the floor visible in the wall to wall mirrors of the studio, she's sat with her arms folded in her lap and is facing away from the entrance to the room. Then a third panel in the sequence as the door's opened and she becomes aware of the team's approach. This time she's turned toward the team with an eager expression on her face.

As the team file into the studio the panels switch to an angled overhead view, giving the impression of the dance studio being twice the size it truly is thanks to the massive mirror walls. The reader may be forgiven for not immediately noticing what was off in this image, only the team themselves are present in both the reflections and the room proper. The woman in the reflection, now rising to stand, can only be seen within the mirror.

Now on her feet, the woman is dressed modestly, her clothes having an almost retro look to them, the fashion choices being appropriate for a time now decades past. She brushes her hair away from her face as she raises her other hand in greeting. "Hi there, it's nice to meet you all." Her voice sounds odd, as though it's being heard from a distance, or perhaps as though it's being muffled by some intervening material. A splash panel shows her in close up, her hand reaching out to touch just her fingertips against the glass of the mirror. A light blue textbox with a silvery sheen introduces her as Looking Glass, Informant extraordinaire.

"Thanks for taking the time to come see me, I know it's been a rough few days for you." Her eyes fall on Thorn and Danny specifically, a wry smile playing on her lips, "My name's Looking Glass. I've heard you four stumbled onto something big, and I think we can help each other."

Spoiler: Looking Glass' appearance
    Show

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    In case it's unclear, Looking Glass is only visible within the reflection of the wall mirror of the studio. She doesn't appear to be otherwise physically present in the room and there's nothing obstructing you from moving through where she should be based on the positioning of her reflection.

Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Conditions: Angry

Sebastian quietly shuffles in behind everyone, not so he can be the first out but so he can be first in line in case anything comes in behind them. If this was a trap, it was best to have someone take point and it didn't seem there was going to be much time to discuss how this all should go down before it all kicked off. His eyes scan the room as they enter to find...mirrors? That was unsettling in and of itself but the strange figure in the reflection, and not the room, was just more spooky stuff after a few days of especially spooky stuff he didn't want to think about.

"And if we say no, hypothetically speaking, what then?"

Life with the Scarlet Moon taught him a few things about negotiations. The first was if you were invited by an unknown entity that means they already knew the worth of what they were asking and felt they were in a prime position to leverage as much out of the situation as they could. The second was finding out what they thought they could do to apply that leverage and where they'd apply it. He didn't feel like waiting for the team to dither was worth it either, what more was there to say?

Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Daniel "Danny" Carter

Show
    Saviour: -1
    Mundane: +1

Entering the room, Danny catches sight of himself in the mirrors first and foremost. He reaches up to his swollen cheeks, pressing them and wincing in pain. He...almost didn't look like him. This distracted him for a moment as the woman spoke, drawing him forwards until his nose was almost touching the mirror. Then, he suddenly realised he was being rude! He was trying to be better about it, after all, he should look when people were...

He whirled to find nothing behind him but his team, confusion in his eyes. "W...wait?" he stammers "A ghost!? Or...". His eyes met Thorns for a moment, and finding the determination and sharpness there, he felt inspired to follow suit. He nodded "Last time there was something I could only see in a reflection, this happened." he gestures to his face "So...I think we'd really like some answers before we accept."