New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Adventure Awaits! Team Fun Heart!

Olympia watches as Aerilya deals the final blow to the caster, and then turns around to see if there is anyone else in the room. If she doesn't see any danger, she gestures to Aven for him to scan the room in search of treasures or traps.
    Is parsley scarier than nutmeg?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Aven

If there are any goblins still up, Aven looses another pair of arrows at the enemies.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack: (1d20)[6]
    damage: (1d6)[3]
    attack: (1d20)[1]
    damage: (1d6)[2]

If not, she will inspect the bodies and then give the room a once-over to try and determine if there are any traps / hidden caches / plants / they need, and also recover arrows.
    Spoiler
    Show
    perception take 10 for 15 if possible, otherwise: (1d20+5)[14]
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-11 at 08:57 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Aven begins looting the bodies while the goblin is finished off.

Each goblin warrior drops 10 silver coins while the goblin spellcaster drops 5 gold coins. You also loot 1 goblin short sword.

Aven recovers (4d2)[1][2][2][2](7) 3 arrows.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2023-05-12 at 04:53 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Aven begins looting the bodies while the goblin is finished off.

Each goblin warrior drops 10 silver coins while the goblin spellcaster drops 5 gold coins. You also loot 1 goblin short sword.

Aven recovers [roll0] 3 arrows.
    Aven scoops up the coins and makes sure to keep them in a pouch separate from her own.
    "Does anyone have space to carry this goblin short sword?" she asked.

"Some of us have been injured... this seems like it would be a good time to discuss whether we wish to proceed further into the dungeon," she said.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2023-05-12 at 11:54 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

Olympia pauses a couple of seconds to control the rush of adrenaline of her first real battle, before starting to feel the burn from the gobbo's blast. It hurts a bit, but it's nothing serious, she prays to Buzur, healing a bit of it, before turning to her companions. Yeah, agreed. My wounds are very minor, how are you both?

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Cast Cure Minor Wounds on herself, healing 1 HP (It isn't in the website list, but it's on the official list, so I thought it would be ok to use it)
    Is parsley scarier than nutmeg?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

"I have no open wounds from this battle. I’m prepared to continue on."

She moved toward the other end of the room to emphasize that she wanted to continue.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Aven

"I am slightly singed, but still willing to move on," the elf said.
    TC for short

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lenon3579 View Post
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Cast Cure Minor Wounds on herself, healing 1 HP (It isn't in the website list, but it's on the official list, so I thought it would be ok to use it)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Minor Wounds doesn't exist due to unlimited cantrips and not wanting unlimited full healing between encounters.

At the moment, the only cantrips you've accessed and can cast are:
    • Light
    • Detect Magic
    • Guidance
    • Read Magic

You decide to push forward, continuing your way deeper into the dungeon. As you make your way through yet another dark tunnel, you spot bright light ahead. The next room is brightly lit and completely devoid of shadows as if every surface is giving off a faint light of its own.

When your eyes adjust to the bright light, you are greeted by a stunning sight. The chamber is adorned with a beautiful mosaic floor, depicting intricate patterns, vibrant colors, and various symbols.

As you step further into the room, you quickly notice that the mosaic tiles seem to be pressure-sensitive.

One large tile near the hallway contains a mysterious rune surrounded by a glowing circle. A pathway of light trails off of one side of the square tile.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2023-05-15 at 03:11 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cure Minor Wounds doesn't exist due to unlimited cantrips and not wanting unlimited full healing between encounters.

At the moment, the only cantrips you've accessed and can cast are:
    • Light
    • Detect Magic
    • Guidance
    • Read Magic

You decide to push forward, continuing your way deeper into the dungeon. As you make your way through yet another dark tunnel, you spot bright light ahead. The next room is brightly lit and completely devoid of shadows as if every surface is giving off a faint light of its own.

When your eyes adjust to the bright light, you are greeted by a stunning sight. The chamber is adorned with a beautiful mosaic floor, depicting intricate patterns, vibrant colors, and various symbols.

As you step further into the room, you quickly notice that the mosaic tiles seem to be pressure-sensitive.

One large tile near the hallway contains a mysterious rune surrounded by a glowing circle. A pathway of light trails off of one side of the square tile.
    Aven tries to get an idea of what the patterns and symbols might represent, especially the mysterious rune nearest to them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    not sure what the relevant skill is here but int gives a +2 modifier: (1d20+2)[3]
    TC for short

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

As you examine the glowing tile, you notice that the tiles nearest to it have a very faint "groove" carved through the mosaic. On one tile, the "groove" stretches straight across to the other side while the other tile forms a sort of "T" shape with the groove stretching across three different sides.

As you're examining one the tiles, you accidentally put weight onto it. With the sound of scraping stone, the tile lifts up about an inch, rotates 90 degrees, and settles back down. The "groove" in the tile lines up with the one on the glowing tile, and the light surges through it like water released from a dam. When the light reaches the edge of the new tile, it stops, no additional groove to follow.

Looking across the room, you note several tiles with strange runes, two tiles that have some sort of large crystal affixed to the top of the tile, and another tile in the far corner that appears to be the twin of the "source" tile, though that one is unlit.

Spoiler
    Show
    You're basically looking at something like this:

You can make Int checks to "solve" the puzzle, Linguistics or Arcane Lore checks to decipher the runes, or some other checks.

You can make guesses on where and how to direct the light and to what locations. Alternatively, I can just draw out how it looks, and you can give me a solution you think is right.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2023-05-23 at 10:49 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List