New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: IC Knee Deep IV

1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: IC Knee Deep IV

"We could name the orphanage after them, if you still plan to start one. I think it would be a fitting tribute, they died to protect others and the orphanage would stand as a tribute."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Kurt nods, looking at Miriam. "Those kids would remember them, then."

Spoiler
    Show
    Previous avatar courtesy of CoffeeIncluded - of Kurt, from the Toes in the Water Knee Deep Against the current Stormy Seas campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    The irony comes in when we use "Orcs are a metaphor for human savagery" to rationalize human savagery.

3. - Top - End - #303

"Soldiers die doing a soldier's job. Its the way of things."

When Miriam mentions the mages with a sour tone, "It was those mages which turned the battle, without them all was lost."

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam thinks at Mithril's comments. "This would be a nice thing to do. Although I would need to make sure that Hulburg would accept all these orphans and their different races and treat them right."

She looks at Valen and gives him a nasty look "They might die doing a job does not mean they should not be forgotten. If the mages had come an hour earlier, the deaths could have been prevented. But soldiers and commoners are nothing to royalty and powerful wizards. May be you have forgotten what it is to be nothing but an apprentice, fighter?"

She turns her face indicating the discussion is over. "It is what it is. The realms mare full of injustice and unfairness."
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

5. - Top - End - #305

Mithril raised a hand in protest. "Not all wizards ignore those without power. The great stories tell of old wizards who stopped to help poor peasants before kings."

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

"I wouldn't count out the stories of the men who gave their lives," muses Shiny as he rides into the city. "They say that history is written by the victors, but that's just not true. It's written by the storytellers. And the songs and stories of brave men who died have a way of outlasting all others." Shiny looks pensieve as he says this last part.

Once in the city, he heads straight for Ruby's to sell some of his newly acquired equipment, inviting any others to come with him.

Spoiler
    Show

Shopping time! Shiny is interested in selling some equipment to Ruby. Someone should get the reward from the city.
    Thanks to CoffeeIncluded for the avatar of Shiny, from the Eldgar campaign:

IC V Against the Current IC VI Stormy Seas.

Current Map

7. - Top - End - #307

"I would not mind seeing Ruby again, but I have an issue to discuss with the city." Mithril arranged to meet the group later at a tavern and headed toward the barracks, to gain the groups payment for their deed.

8. - Top - End - #308

Hulburg

As the party returns to Hulburg, they make their way taking care of the most dire tasks. The group first heads towards the Hulburg Barracks where they receive a very warm welcome, much more so than the last time they had encountered the Commander. He even referred to them as heroes of Hulburg along with providing a note for three thousand gold pieces, a thousand for each Giant the group slew.

"You've done a great deed for this city, it won't soon be forgotten." as the Commander bids the party a good day.

Lt. Arnot is there, you observe he appears to have been wounded, and an astute person would recognize it as the wound one of the Hulburg Elites suffered when defending the Warmachines.

"Aye, a great deed it was. Keeping the warmachines functioning was critical to our turning of the tide."

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Shiny strides into Ruby's store, hoping to get another chance to barter with the attractive gnome. He's readied his items in the satchel at his side, and is hoping to get to trade them in for a chance at an enhanced set of armor.

Spoiler
    Show

Just to make it easy for ZMan, here are the items Shiny is interested in selling, the prices that ZMan had earlier rated them, and the corresponding Appraise rolls that Shiny is making to bargain for them:

Adamantine dagger (3,302 gp) (1d20+11)[16]
    Scimitar +1 (2,315 gp) (1d20+11)[20]
    Potion of Darkness (300 gp) (1d20+3)[10]

ETA: Note that I accidentally set it up as +3 for the Potion roll- it should be +11, which would make it 18.

Shiny is hoping for a +1 or even a +2 chain shirt (though for the latter he might have to find something else to sell). I don't know whether Ruby has any armor or if it would all be found at the armorer.
    Last edited by Admiral; 2013-03-25 at 03:40 PM.

Current Map

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you, Commander, but we weren't the only ones there." Kurt nods respectfully to the lieutenant, impressed to see him standing already.

Spoiler
    Show
    Previous avatar courtesy of CoffeeIncluded - of Kurt, from the Toes in the Water Knee Deep Against the current Stormy Seas campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    The irony comes in when we use "Orcs are a metaphor for human savagery" to rationalize human savagery.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ettin in the Playground

Zombie

Miriam smiles at the Lt before saying to the commander "The real heroes are under ground, giving their lives for Hulburg. And also the one who went, face dangers and got hurt."

She moves towards the Lt and gently put her hand on his arm and ask respectfully "Do you need any healing, Sir?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am DMing Red Hand of Doom - IC - OOC

Titus in Red Hand of Doom

Playing Pelric Rantceur, a level 5 cleric in Nightfall - IC - OOC

12. - Top - End - #312

Ruby's Emporium

"Well, you've returned. I've had worse days, many better, but definitely worse.". Ruby smiles as Shiny enters her shop. As he lays put the items before her...

Spoiler
    Show

Sold for
    Dagger 1354gp
    Scimitar 1042gp
    Potion 129gp

Spoiler
    Show
    Chance of Small Magical Chainmail(d100)[48](d100)[97]

Last edited by Zman; 2013-03-25 at 07:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

After haggling a bit for the two weapons, Shiny finally sells them for a price he's satisfied with. After a brief bit of bargaining over the potion, he decides against parting with it for that price and tosses it back into his sack. His manner is businesslike and efficient, and goes only only a single sprawling tangent about the sentimental value of the weapons he's offering.

After he learns there's no armor available, he smiles and thinks for a moment. "How about wands?"

Spoiler
    Show

He'd rather hear all the wands Ruby has available, but if she plays it cool and refuses to reveal what she has, he'll inquire specifically about healing spells and the spells on his beguiler spell list. If Shiny absolutely needs to be more specific, these are the four wands he is most looking for:

a) CMW
    b) CLW
    c) Invisibility
    d) Glitterdust

Current Map

14. - Top - End - #314

Mithril sat in the tavern and started looking back through her spellbook. She wanted to return to the caves of the orcs now she had her new spell that let her understand another's speech. Shiny had said that the Hooded One's contact had spoken in an odd language and she was determined to be prepared for the next time. Paging through the spell she happened across one that had had frequent use in the caves.
    "Whisker's do you remember that spell I used in the caves? Light Burst?"the cav] She spoke to the small weasel curled on her lap. "Made glow. Yes." He yawned and turned over. "Well it hurt those orcs, something about how they see I bet. And the other wand I made has worked so well, I am thinking of making another."

She looked at her old notes, shifting a few symbols and replacing others in her mind as she started to design this new wand.

Spoiler
    Show
    So at my current income I can afford to make a wand at caster level 2, for 750 gp, 60 exp and 2 days of work.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

The Fullmetal Mod: Raise Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature