New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Graduates of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

I didn't get any information either and at first that made me really suspicious of Dakrsidder, considering we were the only ones investigating the gym. But it did seem like an odd thing to do for a wolf, considering that the best possible outcome would be that I get yeeted, presumably shortly followed by Dakrsidder and depending on how trusted I am, even that's far from certain.

Then it occurred to me that maybe the reason I got no result was that whoever's alibi I was checking hadn't targeted anyone. I asked Caz about it, but was only pointed to the above answer.

So, there's a chance that Dakrsidder's a wolf who disrupted my investigation, presumably not thinking about the fact that there were only two of us, but I'm not sure how likely such a move is.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose one way for Dakrsidder to prove their innocence (of disrupting the investigation, they could still be a wolf) is if they got some verifiable result of the investigation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    I got no information either. And it concerns me a lot that BatCatHat and Dakrsidder are in the same group there. They were both people I have existing suspicion of.
    Why? If anything, I would expect the wolves to want to spread out where they investigate.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

So we have no information. Except the lack of information, which is in itself information. Lovely. BCH does raise a good point about disruption not necessarily being the only reason no information was gained for alibi checking, though. I will have to scrutinise the rules and ask carefully-worded questions.

Dakrsidder, other lounge people: any information gained?

- - - Updated - - -

When investigating alibis, you trace the daily life action(s) of a random player hanging out in the chosen location and learn the name(s) of their target(s), unless your investigation was disrupted.
    Yeah. That seems as if targeting someone who targeted no-one would lead to no results.

Though... who was hanging out in the Gym? Uh... whoever wasn't in the Lounge or sulking.

N1 hangout locations:
    Lounge: Snowblaze, CaoimhinTheCape, bladescape, Batcathat
    Gym: Let'sGetKraken, Athedia, MossDragon
    Sulking: Persolus, Dakrsidder, Book Wombat

That's ten, plus one dead Illven (sorry again!) is eleven. Is that the total player count? Okay, huh, I forgot Zelphas existed. They were in gym iirc.

So. Let'sGetKraken, Athedia, MossDragon, Zelphas. And we know Kraken's power was a passive so Kraken didn't target anyone N1.

Can't rule out that world, then. Will have to wait for Dakrsidder's claim.

(I have other thoughts on this but they're a little tinfoily and probably best not to reveal immediately regardless.)

- - - Updated - - -

Actually now I think of it... Batcathat/Dakrsidder not w/w, sorry Athedia. Any world I can construct where two wolves are deliberately the only two players investigating a location and then one of them claims disruption and thus attracts suspicion to both of them is uh. Highly tinfoil to say the least.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 28
    Werewolf games lost: 18
    Games as town: 28.5
    Games as neutral: 6.5
    Games as wolf: 11
    Games narrated: 2
    Deaths: 30

Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh, I missed MossDragon, whoops, for Lounge.
    Yeah, I got no results as well. Though we can kinda confirm if it was sabotage or not if everyone has no results since I doubt out of four no one has a targeting power.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Considering the results (or lack there of), I think we should consider only having one person per investigation next time. It'll lower the ceiling of how much we can learn, but it should at least guarantee some results.

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    I got no information either. And it concerns me a lot that BatCatHat and Dakrsidder are in the same group there. They were both people I have existing suspicion of.
    You’d be right to be suspicious because, from the sound of it, literally no one got any information. I’d say with a high level of certainty that at least one of these isn’t power-related, and there’s a fair chance one of these is power-related. There are a number of possible combos, so I won’t bother listing them, but things certainly aren’t looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I suppose one way for Dakrsidder to prove their innocence (of disrupting the investigation, they could still be a wolf) is if they got some verifiable result of the investigation.
    You say this, but it’s statistically a horrible idea for me to disrupt, even ignoring the fact we’re the only two here. Let’s say I killed Kracken. I know for a fact no one’s getting any information from the crime scene without powers. This puts added suspicion on me. Now add that the area I investigate gets disrupted. Being only two people looks particularly bad. It’s a horrendous play. I may be new, but no way.
    Last edited by Dakrsidder; 2024-05-03 at 04:45 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

One person investigating is kinda mid/meh.

Disruptions or no info is fine.

Dark did you get any info?
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

7. - Top - End - #97

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Dark did you get any info?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakrsidder View Post
    from the sound of it, literally no one got any information.
    You gotta be blind

I underlined it for you

Why the haiku tho

Edit: Oh, never mind I didn’t even check the syllables I just automatically thought it was haiku lmao
    Last edited by Dakrsidder; 2024-05-03 at 08:11 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98

You gotta be blind

I underlined it for you

Why the haiku tho

Edit: Oh, never mind I didn’t even check the syllables I just automatically thought it was haiku lmao
    Because I decide

My aesthetic would now be

To space out my lines.

Also yeah I wanted you to explicitly confirm that though

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Morning.

You’d be right to be suspicious because, from the sound of it, literally no one got any information. I’d say with a high level of certainty that at least one of these isn’t power-related, and there’s a fair chance one of these is power-related. There are a number of possible combos, so I won’t bother listing them, but things certainly aren’t looking good.

You say this, but it’s statistically a horrible idea for me to disrupt, even ignoring the fact we’re the only two here. Let’s say I killed Kracken. I know for a fact no one’s getting any information from the crime scene without powers. This puts added suspicion on me. Now add that the area I investigate gets disrupted. Being only two people looks particularly bad. It’s a horrendous play. I may be new, but no way.
    Even if you don't want to list every combination... I would like to know which ones you think are likely.

In particular: do you think the killer was sulking (ie one of Persolus/Book Wombat fypov) or one of me/Caoimhin is a wolf who disrupted the investigation? If so who's more suspicious within the pair you're suggesting?

Do you think Batcathat is a wolf who disrupted the investigation of the Gym or did that fail because of some other reason?

Actually no let's make these general questions.

1. Did the investigation of the crime scene fail because
    a) the killer was sulking, and so is one of Persolus, Dakrsidder or Book Wombat
    b) one of Snowblaze and CaoimhinTheCape disrupted the investigation
    c) some other unknown reason?

2. Did the investigation of the gym fail because
    a) Batcathat disrupted the investigation
    b) Dakrsidder disrupted the investigation
    c) both Batcathat and Dakrsidder happened to randomly target someone who didn't use a N1 action
    d) some other unknown reason?

3. Did the investigation of the lounge fail because
    a) One of Athedia, Zelphas, MossDragon and Book Wombat disrupted the investigation
    b) All four of them happened to randomly target someone who didn't use a N1 action

4. Using your answers to 1, 2 and 3 above, or otherwise, who are the wolves?

(And for extra credit 5. can you tell what I've spent far too much time doing recently?)

My answers:
    1a)
    2 I have no clue it depends on what both BCH and Dakrsidder do next
    3a) (I know 3b) is impossible unless someone else from the lounge claims information because I hung out in the lounge and targeted [redacted] N1, and at least one person investigating the lounge would have had to find out my alibi)
    4 help I don't know
    5 yes but I set the question so that doesn't count.

Extended Signature

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Subbing corncobweb to fill in for Persolus.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Morning.

Even if you don't want to list every combination... I would like to know which ones you think are likely.

In particular: do you think the killer was sulking (ie one of Persolus/Book Wombat fypov) or one of me/Caoimhin is a wolf who disrupted the investigation? If so who's more suspicious within the pair you're suggesting?

Do you think Batcathat is a wolf who disrupted the investigation of the Gym or did that fail because of some other reason?

c) both Batcathat and Dakrsidder happened to randomly target someone who didn't use a N1 action

a) One of Athedia, Zelphas, MossDragon and Book Wombat disrupted the investigation
    b) All four of them happened to randomly target someone who didn't use a N1 action

(And for extra credit 5. can you tell what I've spent far too much time doing recently?)

My answers:
    1a)
    3a) (I know 3b) is impossible unless someone else from the lounge claims information because I hung out in the lounge and targeted [redacted] N1, and at least one person investigating the lounge would have had to find out my alibi)
    4 help I don't know
    "When investigating alibis, you trace the daily life action(s) of a random player hanging out in the chosen location and learn the name(s) of their target(s), unless your investigation was disrupted."

If there are less investigators than there are people in the lounge (Or even just randomly bad luck) then there's no guarantee.

Honestly mech is nice but don't get lost in the sauce.

Also there is a wolf we should chase but I'll come back to this tomorrow.

12. - Top - End - #102

Because I decide

My aesthetic would now be

To space out my lines.

Also yeah I wanted you to explicitly confirm that though
    Fair nuf

Morning.

My answers:
    1a)
    4 help I don't know
    Based on the current public cred and statistics, I'd say the lounge was disrupted by someone within the group, but otherwise it's a tossup.

For the crime scene, the two most likely are that either someone used a power to disrupt or it was someone sulking.

For the gym, I find it hard to believe it was disrupted by someone within the group, regardless of whether one is actually a wolf or not, simply because it's a stupid play with bathatcat last second voting out a town and me having sulked + no results coming from crime scene, so I'd be inclined to assume it was a power. Technically, if someone's feeling dangerous, they could do it anyway and hope to get the other person out, but once they turn out town, you're probably either killed during daily life or voted out the following day.

For who the wolves are, I don't have enough data from my side to say. However, to add a bit of personal input for once, I did not disrupt any investigations.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Pixie in the Playground

Bwuh, whuh?? I just woke up in a new body! I have memories of the past day, but they feel like they're someone else's memories... Wait, which identity is the right one?

I remember people saying Persolus, and feeling like it's my name being called at the time. But that's not my name now! I'm corncobweb! This is too weird... Please everyone call me corncobweb from now on.

I remember you all talking and investigating the killings of this notorious Bear. But I remember it from behind a a mind fog, and I felt like none of this is real, and I didn't respond to anything... Depersonalization is a scary thing.

Well, the fog has lifted now! Somewhat. Time to put brain power into solving this terrible college game. And for that, I'll need brain food! cafeteria

Daksridder or BatCatHat deserve mild suspicion. Estimate: 75% they learned no info because each of their targets did not act; 25% one of them blocked. Dakridder is right that blocking would be silly. However there were originally three players going to Investigate the Gym, but Athedia dropped out late-ish. Suspicious also, that bladescape asked to swap with Athedia, but then didn't replace her as planned.

(I am taking Persolus's character. This is not a mechanical effect of the game)
    Last edited by corncobweb; 2024-05-04 at 03:54 AM. Reason: added bold

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by corncobweb View Post
    Bwuh, whuh?? I just woke up in a new body! I have memories of the past day, but they feel like they're someone else's memories... Wait, which identity is the right one?

I remember people saying Persolus, and feeling like it's my name being called at the time. But that's not my name now! I'm corncobweb! This is too weird... Please everyone call me corncobweb from now on.

I remember you all talking and investigating the killings of this notorious Bear. But I remember it from behind a a mind fog, and I felt like none of this is real, and I didn't respond to anything... Depersonalization is a scary thing.

Well, the fog has lifted now! Somewhat. Time to put brain power into solving this terrible college game. And for that, I'll need brain food! cafeteria

Daksridder or BatCatHat deserve mild suspicion. Estimate: 75% they learned no info because each of their targets did not act; 25% one of them blocked. Dakridder is right that blocking would be silly. However there were originally three players going to Investigate the Gym, but Athedia dropped out late-ish. Suspicious also, that bladescape asked to swap with Athedia, but then didn't replace her as planned.

Well! U-um. You see. I sorta kinda went to bed hehehe.

S-start of day is, like, um, 5am here.

B-but! I think that Dakr or BCH d-definitely deserve suspicion! I d-don't think either disrupted t-though.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"When investigating alibis, you trace the daily life action(s) of a random player hanging out in the chosen location and learn the name(s) of their target(s), unless your investigation was disrupted."

If there are less investigators than there are people in the lounge (Or even just randomly bad luck) then there's no guarantee.

Honestly mech is nice but don't get lost in the sauce.

Also there is a wolf we should chase but I'll come back to this tomorrow.
    Yup, point, just mechanics is easier to do than making actual reads when I haven't properly dug into anything yet. Looking forward to finding out who you suspect and then having to play "is bladescape a wolf trying to manipulate me into pushing townies for him?"

hums to self

Talk me through why Athedia no longer investigating the Gym makes those who did carry out that investigation suspicious?

Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

1) I'm leaning towards trusting both you and Cao (but that's basically all gut, so...), so I would say a is the most likely, followed by c.

2) Before Dakrsidder claimed not to have learned anything either, I definitely thought that me targeting someone who didn't target someone else was the most likely. Now I'm less certain (since both of us just happening to randomly target the "wrong" person seems less likely, though I suppose that depends on how many indirect powers there are), b through d are all possible.

3) b seems very unlikely and c is kinda impossible to judge so I'm leaning towards a.

4) No idea at this point.

Talk me through why Athedia no longer investigating the Gym makes those who did carry out that investigation suspicious?
    I would assume the idea is that Dakrsidder or myself decided to disrupt the investigation, thinking there would be three people there, and then didn't change that when Athedia switched. At least that's a scenario I'm considering, to explain Dakrsidder potentially disrupting my investigation.

Anyhow, I'll be sort of busy today, but should have time to think actual thoughts later.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Pixie in the Playground

BatCatHat gets what I was thinking. We're on the same wavelength.

However, that suspicion is less relevant than the one on the Crime Scene investigation. I think we need to bully those who Sulk in Daily Life (night), is necessary from now on. (Never mind that I was sulking, whistles innocently). Just as a reminder, last Daily Life that was me (corncobweb/Persolus), Daksridder, and Book Wombat. If any of us three had killed Let'sGetKraken, then the crime scene investigation would have turned up nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero
    When investigating a crime scene, you trace the killing action and you randomly learn the hangout location of the killer or the name of their Black talent, unless they were sulking or your investigation was disrupted.

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I would assume the idea is that Dakrsidder or myself decided to disrupt the investigation, thinking there would be three people there, and then didn't change that when Athedia switched. At least that's a scenario I'm considering, to explain Dakrsidder potentially disrupting my investigation.
    There was about a 6h 30m gap between Athedia swapping and the phase end; that's more than enough time to change votes

I think we need to bully those who Sulk in Daily Life (night), is necessary from now on.
    All I'll say is that this is a horrendous proposition from a power perspective, especially this cycle it’s necessary for my power

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

I am extremely late to the conversation, and will probably only be able to post again once more before the deadline, so let me get my two cents in quick.

First, my investigation told me that "someone in the lounge targeted both Snowblaze and Persolus." Not exactly relevant for the current case, but the fact that CaomhinTheCape or bladescape can multi-target (assuming Snowblaze wasn't self-targeting) could be useful later.

Second, this may be playing a hunch wrongly, but I'm going to throw a vote on Snowblaze despite the strong townlean from others. Reading through their posts, those that are not offering helpful advice or playing along with small RP elements are... ambivalent. Lots of reasons why we don't have enough to go on and why we shouldn't do this or that action, very little about actual actions to take. Maybe that's due to the complicated rules and it only being Day 2, technically; still, I thought it would be worth discussing.

I'm behind on the case that seems to be building against Darksridder, so I'm planning to read through that and see how it modifies my thoughts before the end of the night.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm feeling an eerie dread right now. We're coming up on five hours left in the day, and only myself and Zelphas have voted. We all know that frequent voting is a good way to force team Black to make more risky moves in conversation, so you have collectively neglected that norm and I'm not sure why. The rule Monokuma made about blackening a voter is a selfish reason, but that doesn't mean we should collectively let the Bear choose to kill whomever the Bear wants.

I can reasonably assume that team Black noticed this neglect of voting, and decided to go along with it as a convenient gift we have given them.

Reads:

CaoimhinTheCape: strong White for good mechanical interpretation and strategic thinking at the beginning.
    Daksridder: mild White. Reason: That nobody moved to counter my vote on Daksridder, not even Daksridder themself, erases my suspicion of them. (however they are the only one to complain about my bully-the-sulkers plan, so it may still be best to just kill Daksridder as collateral damage along implementing the plan).

Book Wombat: mild Black for sulking yesterday.
    Bladescape: inscrutable as always, but in the future, strong Black if we get to the endgame and bladescape hasn't revealed some good reason to stay quiet now. Reason: bladescape was good about pushing for votes and activity in previous games. In my first game here, bladescape explained to me why the collective doing a lot of voting is generally good (which I outlined at the top). However, bladescape is also generally quiet in the early parts of games, so I'm not suspicious of bladescape now but I may become suspicious in the future if they don't have a good reason for not voting today.
    Snowblaze: neutral, but suspicious in the future, same as with bladescape. However it's pretty likely that Snowblaze isn't voting just because of being too busy. estimate 92%

21. - Top - End - #111

I will probably be more generally quiet this game anyway because I found the secret "Get Covid" button.

Book Wombat

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    First, my investigation told me that "someone in the lounge targeted both Snowblaze and Persolus." Not exactly relevant for the current case, but the fact that CaomhinTheCape or bladescape can multi-target (assuming Snowblaze wasn't self-targeting) could be useful later.
    Good to know someone (allegedly) got results, at least. Will try and figure what, if anything, can be learned from it when my brain has properly woken up.

I'm feeling an eerie dread right now. We're coming up on five hours left in the day, and only myself and Zelphas have voted.
    Unless I'm mistaken, as of this post there's a little over 13 hours left in the day, so while people should get to voting soon-ish it's not quite that urgent.

On that note, I'm gonna say Book Wombat for now.

I will probably be more generally quiet this game anyway because I found the secret "Get Covid" button.
    Out of your excuses to be quiet and mysterious, that's one of the better ones. Hope you'll feel better soon.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I am extremely late to the conversation, and will probably only be able to post again once more before the deadline, so let me get my two cents in quick.

Second, this may be playing a hunch wrongly, but I'm going to throw a vote on Snowblaze despite the strong townlean from others. Reading through their posts, those that are not offering helpful advice or playing along with small RP elements are... ambivalent. Lots of reasons why we don't have enough to go on and why we shouldn't do this or that action, very little about actual actions to take. Maybe that's due to the complicated rules and it only being Day 2, technically; still, I thought it would be worth discussing.

I'm behind on the case that seems to be building against Darksridder, so I'm planning to read through that and see how it modifies my thoughts before the end of the night.
    ...wait you got results? narrows eyes actually no that's not suspicious unless there's no-one keeping track of stuff properly in wolfchat, which I don't think is a reasonable assumption.

And in my defence: actually figuring out what actions to take takes a lot more time than figuring out why actions are bad ideas. I will have proper reads by EOD.

...is "Zelphas is town for voting me" valid? It's an anti-consensus take and not something a wolf could be expected to get anywhere by pushing, plus voting me for not doing enough is (generally) a pretty efficient way of making me do more stuff. But also it not being something that's going to get momentum does imply that it's a fairly safe place for a wolf to put a vote, and tinfoil voice says I've incorrectly townread people for voting me before + a wolf who knows me sufficiently well might be able to predict I'd do that.

Eh. Think it balances out to mild town points overall.
    I'm feeling an eerie dread right now. We're coming up on five hours left in the day, and only myself and Zelphas have voted. We all know that frequent voting is a good way to force team Black to make more risky moves in conversation, so you have collectively neglected that norm and I'm not sure why. The rule Monokuma made about blackening a voter is a selfish reason, but that doesn't mean we should collectively let the Bear choose to kill whomever the Bear wants.

I can reasonably assume that team Black noticed this neglect of voting, and decided to go along with it as a convenient gift we have given them.

Reads:

CaoimhinTheCape: strong White for good mechanical interpretation and strategic thinking at the beginning.
    Daksridder: mild White. Reason: That nobody moved to counter my vote on Daksridder, not even Daksridder themself, erases my suspicion of them. (however they are the only one to complain about my bully-the-sulkers plan, so it may still be best to just kill Daksridder as collateral damage along implementing the plan).

Book Wombat: mild Black for sulking yesterday.
    Bladescape: inscrutable as always, but in the future, strong Black if we get to the endgame and bladescape hasn't revealed some good reason to stay quiet now. Reason: bladescape was good about pushing for votes and activity in previous games. In my first game here, bladescape explained to me why the collective doing a lot of voting is generally good (which I outlined at the top). However, bladescape is also generally quiet in the early parts of games, so I'm not suspicious of bladescape now but I may become suspicious in the future if they don't have a good reason for not voting today.
    Snowblaze: neutral, but suspicious in the future, same as with bladescape. However it's pretty likely that Snowblaze isn't voting just because of being too busy. estimate 92%
    Can confirm, your 92% estimate is accurate.

...there's something I want to say here but I have no way of knowing whether you just didn't notice the thing or you're a wolf pretending not to notice the thing for mechanical benefit and saying it means you will regardless claim "oh, oops, I missed that bit".

Eh. Probably mildly pro-town to just state it: corncobweb, are you aware that being the only person to hang out in a particular location means you are effectively sulking right now?

Also: I did not target myself with any action N1, for the record.

Also also yes, I should probably vote. Wombat wagon has too little resistance imo, and iirc the only person other than him (and me but I'm not self-voting) with votes is Dakrsidder who I also have no particular objection to killing.

Also also also I think you have times wrong somehow. EOD is twelve hours from this post which is... oh, right, Batcathat already pointed that out.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait no the other person voting Dakrsidder was corncobweb who has since moved to Wombat. Eh, my vote can stay until I find somewhere better to put it.

Book Wombat 4: CaoimhinTheCape, corncobweb, bladescape, Batcathat
    Snowblaze 1: Zelphas
    Dakrsidder 1: Snowblaze
    Not voting: Athedia, Book Wombat, Dakrsidder, MossDragon

hums to self

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #114

Are we just all sulking today

25. - Top - End - #115
    Pixie in the Playground

I am the only person who has stated any hangout location today. I guess there's a rule I missed, where yesterday's hangout location carries over to the next day? Regardless, I expect someone to join me in the Cafeteria because the optimal spread is an even split between the three locations, unless there's Ultimate Talents that complicate things.

And I will be falling asleep soon, so don't expect me to change anything.

Cazero, can I make a commitment where if nobody ends up joining me in the Cafeteria, then I go to the Gym instead?

Also I note the Investigation result from Zelphras and file it as "useful to look back on" in my private notes. Thanks for reporting it, Zelphras!

- - - Updated - - -

OK yeah I did miss that rule

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero
    Players who made no hangout declarations will hang out in the same location as they did in the previous daily life phase.
    - - - Updated - - -

* Zelphas, not Zelphras. I keep spelling these names wrong.

Anyway, please join me in the Cafeteria!

26. - Top - End - #116
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Are we just all sulking today
    Nope, still hanging out in the same locations as last phase unless we declare otherwise.

I have Reasons for wanting to stay in the Lounge, otherwise I would switch.

Extended Signature

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Cazero, can I make a commitment where if nobody ends up joining me in the Cafeteria, then I go to the Gym instead?
    Sure, why not.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Okay, I will regret this but going to try and grind out a few low-poster ISOs in between the various things I'm busy doing today.

tfw I realise busy-IRL-does-not-have-this-time-Snowblaze is still the top poster. Not that that one should be a surprise to anyone.

Anyway:

Spoiler: MossDragon ISO
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MossDragon View Post
    Sorry for being new and quiet - trying to figure stuff out! Last time I played a game like this it was all via discord, so the play by forum is new to me. For sake of hands on learning let's put me in the gym and I'll vote for suspecting Persolus? If he's normally active it's strange he's not in here yet. Also since I know him outside of the game I know he won't be tooooo grumpy if I cause his demise.

(edited to bold the writing)
    This was quite late in the phase iirc. "Sulking is suspicious" as a theory had definitely been floated by this point, so I don't think I can award any significant town points for choosing to not sulk. I guess it's taking a stance on the existing wagons... given the circumstances I'm willing to say MossDragon/Persolus not w/w here.

But yeah. Newness and quietness are not alignment indicative.
    So since Snowblaze, Darksidder, and Batcathat all voted for our dearly departed, it seems like one of them is blackened now? Do we know which one?
    Reasonable interpretation of facts, I guess. If it was a more experienced player I'd suspect this since it's a Bad Idea(TM) to reveal who has and hasn't been blackened to wolves, but I wouldn't be surprised if Moss didn't realise that at the time.
    (small note - I'm gonna do what I can, but I'm finding this game format on a forum to be difficult to follow and use, especially since I can't find the colored text on the mobile browser. I assumed it'd be more discord based 😅)

So I'm wanting to help how I can. Zelphas mentioned having trustworthy people do the crime scene and not being one, and as my name hasn't really been in anyone's mouth either way. It was also mentioned that investigating locations might give your own information, and while I personally think that's unlikely I'm willing to investigate the lounge since that's the last option I got. Unless investigating alibis and locations is different things. 😵*💫
    Eh. There is an argument for suspecting this, but I don't know that I really believe said argument. ftr it's that the post reads a bit like "hi, I'm trying to be a good little townie, look how I'm doing what these people have said!"

Actually I think that means wolf!Moss implies town!Zelphas.

The general summary/bigger picture is more important than the individual posts here. Moss is definitely a confused newbie regardless of alignment. My gut says they could be playing their confused-newbieness for effect, but I am generally bad at reading newbies.

Would like more opinions here. And Moss: who do you think could be a wolf, and why?

- - - Updated - - -

Unpairings so far:

Batcathat/Dakrsidder
    MossDragon/Persolus
    MossDragon/Zelphas

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #119

This power use was not me.

Gonna go back and look at locations so far... Italics are people who have not changed votes.

Hangout groups :
    Lounge : Snowblaze, bladescape, batcathat
    Gym : Zelphas, Athedia, Mossdragon, CaoimhinTheCape
    Cafeteria : corncob
    Sulking : darksidder, Book Wombat

I'm gonna move to the Gym

Slight amendment to an opinion I have that I don't really want to say at the moment. Will jump in if I feel I need to, probably won't need to.

On a different note, I'm not too worried about lack of resistance to a Book wagon since I still don't have any reason to town read, plus 4/10 players voting there isn't a landslide or anything.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

For the sake of balance in my own mind, I'm going to switch to the cafeteria for the next Night phase. I don't think I have much else to change at the moment.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show