New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strange dungeon

1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Strange dungeon

"No idea how they taste, but they're wet, fatty, jelly-like 'n' probably don't taste as nice as yer dandelions do for ya. Things use brains for thinkin', an' it's not nice to eat someone's brain, as that kills the owner of the brain. Tends to make 'em pretty angry with ya. Good thing you get regular brushies, though! People really could play some more with ya, I'll see if I can badger management about that. You enjoy yer dandelion, friend." Faith smiles to the mind horse and heads through the "First trials" door.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

CAT LABORATORY

The sign was as clear as day to Mystery. If Her missing siblings were anywhere in this damn dungeon, that was a pretty good place to start. Ignoring the lackeys in the white coats, the big glass jars and Her minions for the time being, Mystery headed over there. Yep. Time to save teh day as usual...

Of course, if the white-coated lackeys did anything bad to Her littermates, Mystery would soon be back to inflict Her VENGEANCE~!

Yes. Even if they hurt Dashie too. Who was a Doofus.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

The cat seemed to know where she was going so Gina followed her.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

----------------Big glass chamber-------------

The researchers look bewildered at the emerging group and one begins to ask Brakq: "What is your... " But get's smacked by an invisible hand. (Swift action, magical slap)

This is a breach scenario, what should we do?

"Sigh... Don't engage in conversation and use boring magic to bring them down?"

Exactly. (Full-Round action, establishing battle tactics).

The two other researchers procure weird wands and point them at Brakq who begins to feel... Kinda warm, cozy and sleepy?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Two will saves against 15, fail one and you get (2d6)[10] Subdual damage, fail the other one and get (2d6)[6] Subdual damage.

-------------------Cat laboratory------------------

Gnome and Cat-human make they're way sneakily into the Cat laboratory, it seems the researchers are too occupied to notice you two.

You land in a connection room, with a door leading to the laboratory itself, you can hear faint meowing and stressed hissing from the other door who is closed.

-----------------Not a horse----------------

Before Faith can go to the next room a tentacle lands on her shoulder beckoning her to stay, at least for a moment.

Say, it's nice talking to you and it seems like you're looking around, it's weird I feel like... Something is missing and it's not brushes or something else... It's something familiar but I have never seen it before, I think. Could you perhaps look for it while you go prowling about? I'm a bit too scared to really go outside like Asfaloth.

In the next room are two cells in one is a dwarf that kinda looks like part of him have been transformed into stone (perhaps a really lazy Cockatrice picked at him?)

In the other is a very old looking women who... Seems like she's realls small.

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Muck looked around the transporter room from atop Otto's hump. Surveying the area from a vantage point.

Hey Otto, seems we are on another floor. Let's explore ahead.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Faith smiles to the tentahorse. "I'll look around for it, don'cha worry, buddy," she says, gently patting the tentacle on her shoulder.

Heading into the next room, she looks to the two people present and behind glass. "Hi, I'm Faith St. Mary, nice ta meet'cha ya can call me Faith, an' I'm explorin' dungeons. Can ya tell me what's goin' on here, how'd ya got in 'ere, if ya wan' out, that sorta thing?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

Brakq makes a very annoyed face. She didn't ask these stupid stupids to make her feel warm inside! That'd be stupid! She asked them to set her blowing **** up! Good of you, uh, to aks. she goes on, pretending EVERYTHING WENT HER OWN WAY ALL ALONG anyhow. I'm Brakq. the ambient lighting begins to flicker. Brakq the HAMMER!!

Show

Will saves: (1d20+5)[7] and (1d20+5)[15];
    regardless, if there's a glass container or the like, preferably as close to the robes as it gets, weighing less than 30 pounds… You know what happens.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

MY PEOPLE~! Hearing the cries of distressed kittehs brought out the glare from Mystery. But She had to be smart. And so, She muttered a few words to make sure the door didn't have any tricky magicks on it.

Then, finally realizing the smaller hoomin was with Her, Mystery made sure to invoke Her Blessing of Protection upon Gina as well.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Invoking Magical Insight to see if there's magic stuff on the door.

Then Invoking Endure Exposure on Gina.

Since Mystery knows Feline, can she understand what the poor cats are saying?

Spoiler: Statblock
    Show

Mystery
    F CN Tibbit Dragonfire Adept, Level 6, Init 4, HP 72/72, DR 2/magic, Speed 20/30
    AC 22, Touch 16, Flat-footed 18, Fort 11, Ref 8, Will 8, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Fire/Frost/Weaken (DC20/19 Reflex for half dmg, DC 19 Fort for half duration for weaken) Breath Weapon (4d6, )
    Least Energy Assault Crystal (fire) MW dagger -1 (1d4-2 +1(fire), 19-20/x2)
    Least Energy Assault Crystal (frost) MW dagger -1 (1d4-2 +1(frost), 19-20/x2)
    2 EW = 4 hours Mage Armor (+4 Armor, +4 Dex, +2 Size, +2 Natural)
    Abilities Str 3, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 8
    Condition Dragonblooded
    Darkvision 60ft
    Low-Light Vision
    Endure Exposure: Endure Elements 24/hrs & immune to Mystery's breath weapon
    Magic Insight (Detect Magic at will)
    +3 save to sleep & paralysis (Dragontouched & Draconic Heritage: Green)
    +2 to Acid spells/abilities saves (Draconic Heritage: Green)

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Hearing the intentions of the strange white robes announced without remorse, Xyrona alerts them to the inevitable combat that will now ensue. "I'm not going to let you put us back in cages. En garde!"

Asfaloth manages to build up quite of bit of momentum on approach and Xyrona thrusts her lance towards center mass of the first of the strange white robe wearers.

Show
    Swift action: Test of Mettle
    All enemies that hear Xyrona's challenge and have an Int score of 5 or more must make a Will Save DC 14 or be forced to prioritize Xyrona as their target for 7 rounds. No effect if they beat the save.

Spirited Charge: (1d20+11)[20] to hit
    On a 31 (1d20+11)[27] to confirm

On hit it deals (3d8+12)[15] damage
    On a critical hit it deals (2d8+8)[14] more damage.

Spoiler: Xyrona Status
    Show
    Xyrona is unharmed.
    -2 AC from charge leaves her with 16 AC until her next turn.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2024-05-19 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

-----------Big glass chamber--------

Brakq! The name echoes through the chamber, get's thrown back and around and back again. BRAKQ! The name seems to somehow increase in volume and it almost seems like the name get's a live on it's own while it searches, hunts for prey.

BRAKQ! One of the glass containers shatters with a loud iteration, spilling murky fluid and glass shards everywhere. Out of it falls a lump of incredibly wet black hair who splorches on the floor.

Xyrona's charge hits one of the researchers with her charge, instead of valiantly fighting her he... Just falls down unconscious, deflating like a wet paper bag.

The other reseacher cry's out in horror as he sees the lump of black hair, that Brakq freed.

"They released Subject #0192!"

He get's toward another door and rips it open in a panic.

The adorned researcher draws her own wand and points it at Xyrona. Sleep!

Spoiler: Xyrona
    Show
    Make a Will save against 15 or get 5d6 subdual damage, while the intense feeling of you sitting in a warm comfy chair, covered in your favorite blanket, having a hot cocoa in your hands while a biting blizzard roars outside batters you.

Muck sees a fellow rider, though on a weird four-legged beast sprinting away. The sounds of a loudly proclaimed name and battle wash over him and Otto, who is hungry.

---------------Cat laboratory.---------------

Mystery's expert eye doesn't see any magic on the door, but there are several magic auras that even shimmer through the frame of the door, but not strong enough to make out anything concrete. The cry's of her brethren speak of.

Spoiler: Mystery
    Show
    They want to get out, they're uncomfortable, they don't have enough space, they are too much on a too small area. You hear one that speaks in an undecipherable accent, the cacophony is too much too hear any concrete voices, you're not sure if you're close brethren are here.

--------------First experiments room------------

Both the dwarf and the old woman look up when Faith is talking, they are both in similiar cells like Faith St. Mary before, not giving them much room, though the bars the dwarf is behind seem to have some dents on them.

The dwarf laughs a rumbly, rocky laugh. "Out? How many times have you tried that? Lured us with fake promises of an escape? It's alright I stay right here."

The old woman speaks with a tone of voice that seems to fit more with a young girl. "Oh, hush, you could at least play along! Nice meeting you Faith I'm Edora and that grumpy fellow is Boulderdash strongarm of the stonebreaker clan. I can't really tell you what's going on, some white-robed people seem to be running the place and collecting weird things? I heard some stuff about experiments too and it seems lately they have been injecting some stuff into people, I don't really know why they do all this, though. I never found out how Boulderdash got in here, but I woke up one day and was here. It would be very nice if you could get us out of here, but they already gave us some opportunities to get out, but they did catch us all the time when we wandered around a bit."

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2024-05-22 at 06:50 AM.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey, no prob," Faith says, pointing her finger at the bars and beginning to blast them with divine power. As that is doing its magic, she says "Got here with a few other people who're in the process of gettin' out, so y'all just gotta hang back a bit, I reckon. Met some guards, turned out evil 'n' way too stick-happy, they're havin' nappy time now. Did also meet a nice tentacle horsey, though."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"Not this time." Xyrona says, shaking her head to clear the clearly illusory feeling. Asfaloth clip-clops forward slightly and the tip of the knight's lance once again thrusts towards center mass of its target.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Passed the Will save here.

5ft step so the lance can reach the next strange whit robed figure

(1d20+9)[22]
    On a 29, (1d20+9)[29] to confirm

On hit it deals (1d8+4)[12] damage
    On a crit, it deals (2d8+8)[16] more damage

Spoiler: Xyrona's status
    Show
    Xyrona is unharmed.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2024-05-22 at 12:10 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

With a grimace upon Her kyoot (yet hoomin) face, Mystery decided it was time for the direct approach to save Her fellow kitteh-kind. Even if they weren't Her littermates, purrhaps they had seen them! Besides, given what those stoopid guards wanted to do to cats in that note back in the first room, it was time to show these creeps just why you don't [BLEEP] with cats!

But first, She had to open the door...

14. - Top - End - #74

Unaware of how useful she could suddenly be for several someones who probably think of her as something vaguely resembling an ally in the adjacent rooms, Brakq appears to have been hit with one of those weird laughter spells as as her very name brings wanton mayhem into the world, sending shards flying, hair (hair?) hitting the floor and stupid robes stupidly fleeing the room in stupid horror for their stupid lives (okay, just one robe, but still). She can't seem to stop flopping about on the ground, shaking and laughing like a maniac. This, uh, this is too funny. she explains to the remaining robe in a moment of teary-eyed half-calm, throwing in a GLASS-SHATTERING MOUNTAIN HAMMER STRIKE ATTACK!! immediately afterwards, swinging her maul at the closest jar that looks too big and heavy to smash with simply intoroducing herself to it. And back to laughing she is.

Show

Punishing MOUNTAIN HAMMER a big glass container nearby: (1d20+3)[6] for (2d8+7)[20] plus (3d6)[11], bypasing all hardness as usual

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

----------- Big Glass Chamber ---------------

Xyrona succesfully hurts the adorned researcher who takes a staggering step back, clutching her wounded side and sees in horror that Brakq starts to totally devastate the saved specimen. Totally panicked Slightly concerned she waves her staff at Brakq, yelling. Stop, you fool! These are in containment for a reason!

Spoiler: Brakq
    Show
    Will save against 15 or get (5d6)[20] subdual damage as you feel yourself enveloped in a soft shell, the warm currents swaying you gently and softly, while you feel the big presence of something protective wash over you.

A researcher in a bulky suit with several tubes attached and wiedling a weird long wand points at the escaped hair and fires a stream of fire against it, which in retaliation it lashes out with it's burning wet hair against Asfaloth trying to... Rip out it's fur?!?

Spoiler: Researcher
    Show
    (3d4+2)[6] Fire damage. against Subject #0192

Spoiler: Attack against Asfaloth
    Show
    Touch attack 1: (1d20+5)[11]
    Damage 1: (2d6)[5] Fortitude Roll against 15 for half damage as fur get's ripped out and eaten by the hair monster.
    Touch attack 2: (1d20+5)[24]
    Damage 2: (2d6)[7] Fortitude Roll against 15 for half damage as fur get's ripped out and eaten by the hair monster.

Brakq's mighty hammer finds another target in a big glass tube that shatters with an enjoyable sound, releasing more murky water and a big murky lump who seems to be slighty twitching and contorting.

Out of nowhere flies a sizable squirt of water towards the adorned researchers face.

Spoiler: attack against researcher
    Show
    (1d20+14)[20] Touch attack.
    Save: (1d20+4)[23] against 20 or blinded.

--------- Cat laboratory ------------

Gina takes a look at the closed door and after a quick assesment it seems to be locked. Though the good old shoulder-check should reveal if it's really locked.

Show
    Open Lock (1d20+3)[11]

And it seems it isn't really, would you look at that! When the door is opened it reveals a lot of cages with different cats in them in different... Stati.

One seems to be covered not in fur but instead in mold, another one is in a slightly bigger cage and looks like a catfolk but produces indecipherable hisses. Another seems translucent but can't press through the shimmering bars, another has no hairs left at all, while another has snow instead of fur that regenerates as soon as it's flicked away.

Despite of they're miserable state at least the cages are clean and nobody seems to have been starving at least.

The cages are arranged in a way that they can easily be reached from the middle of the containment room.

----------- First experiments room ----------------

Some faint commotion from the big Glass Chamber can be heard, the bars that contain the dwarf are burst immediately, though he and the weird old woman with a young voice, don't make any attempts to run away for now.

The woman speaks: "Thanks for you're consideration, I can't tell you anything about a horse, it seems they change the environment and the things surrounding us on a weekly basis, last time we were near some gardens I think, but they didn't have a horse, tentacled or otherwise."

Dwarf: "Bah! I'll don't move a muscle if you don't take out the head researcher of this level! Forget it! I have been catched often enough!"

"Well, some of the guards can be pretty... Rough at times. Like throwing our food against the walls instead of giving it to us. Or eating some of it before they give it to us. Or..."

"Getting pissy if I give them a good whack!"

"Yes, that too."

Spoiler: Updated map
    Show
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2024-05-28 at 06:07 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds rough, man. Tell ya what, y'all chill here for a while, I'll go see what the others're up to, see if we can get a word in with that level chief guy." Faith grabs some nearby bottles, pours out the contents, takes her decanter, blasts some water into the bottles, swirls, pours them back out, then fills the bottles with water again. Quick flick of a finger against both bottles, giving off a nice "tink!" and the contents give a golden glow for a brief time.

"This'll keep ya full for a day or so, plus it tastes great," she says, setting the bottles inside the now open cages. "Take care! Later!"

So out Faith goes, to where the others went (she can just follow the noise/BRAQK), waving to the tentahorse on the way.

Show
    Faith uses Golden Goblet of Rise-Mokér to create two bottles of really good drinks providing all the food and water a person needs for 24 hours and clears the fatigued condition.

Then she goes over to where the others are to see what's going on.

17. - Top - End - #77

As the lump breaks loose in a shower of glass shards and begins squirting stuff at people, Brakq looks somehow even merrier than before. That's, uh, that's actually… she begins to inform the funny robe in the funny panic, but then all starts to feel… Warm? Like those weird ocean bits where the sun…

…uh, actually… Brakq flops onto her face and goes largely silent.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

As the hair monster approaches, Xyrona expertly maneuvers Asfaloth to avoid the oncoming attacks.

Spoiler: Mounted Combat
    Show
    Literally can't fail (1d20+20)[31]

However, the second attack pulls fur off of the horse which squeals in displeasure.

Spoiler: Fortitude save
    Show
    (1d20+6)[24] vs. DC 15 for half damage

Xyrona, turns on the strange creature and bellows "You dare harm my horse?" and sinks her lance into the strange entity.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    (1d20+9)[23]
    On a 29 (1d20+9)[26] to confirm

On hit it deals (1d8+4)[8]
    On a crit it deals (2d8+8)[22] more

Spoiler: Xyrona's Status
    Show
    Xyrona is unharmed.

Asfaloth has 36 HP remaining
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2024-05-28 at 05:47 PM.