New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Scion: Hero (OOC)

Okay so, I'm confused. What got mistakenly spent on what now?

For Abilities for Mateusz, the first rank of any Ability would cost 3 XP.

The second rank of one of the six abilities favored by Horus would cost 1 XP. The third rank of one of the six abilities favored by Horus would cost 3 XP. The fourth rank of one of the six abilities favored by Horus would cost 5 XP. The fifth rank of one of the six abilities favored by Horus would cost 7 XP.

The second rank of an ability not favored by Horus would cost 2 XP. The third rank of an ability not favored by Horus would cost 4 XP. The fourth rank of an ability not favored by Horus would cost 6 XP. The fifth rank of an ability not favored by Horus would cost 8 XP.

Your character sheet lists eight points in Epic Attributes and seven Knacks--you should have one more Knack.

Please walk me through what you spent bonus points on and what you spent XP on.

(No one stop discussion of your plan for this, please. )
    Last edited by Kish; 2024-05-16 at 05:34 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    Max will try to use bashing damage one on one, but will likely switch to lethal when there's more than one enemy on him.

Does anyone have Dots in Medicine to stabilize people who are Dying?

One dot in medicine present.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Two dots here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Long story short – I confused Skill levels – "current" with "next level" in the cost of Skills and thus this whole ordeal xD

Luckily, I have "historical" character sheets in my Google Docs. I looks like that:

1st version of sheet: the base after character creation.

2nd version of sheet: +1 dot in Athletics (2nd dot) and +1 dot in Brawl (3rd dot) (both thanks to a Teaching Knack, I believe?). At this point I had 5 total EXP and 4 spent EXP.

3rd version of sheet [here happens the confusion!]:

All above plus:

+1 dot of Epic Appearance (1st dot)
    +1 dot of Presence (1st dot)
    +1 dot of Empathy (2nd dot)

I have 25 total EXP and 12 spent EXP. I believe I should have 10 spent EXP??? I think I have miscalculated the cost of 2nd dot of Empathy???

(I could be wrong, ofc).
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

One (hopefully) last question from me. If I use my super jumping knack to jump down from the roof, do I take fall damage?
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

6. - Top - End - #216

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    Long story short – I confused Skill levels – "current" with "next level" in the cost of Skills and thus this whole ordeal xD

Luckily, I have "historical" character sheets in my Google Docs. I looks like that:

1st version of sheet: the base after character creation.

2nd version of sheet: +1 dot in Athletics (2nd dot) and +1 dot in Brawl (3rd dot) (both thanks to a Teaching Knack, I believe?). At this point I had 5 total EXP and 4 spent EXP.

3rd version of sheet [here happens the confusion!]:

All above plus:

+1 dot of Epic Appearance (1st dot)
    +1 dot of Presence (1st dot)
    +1 dot of Empathy (2nd dot)

I have 25 total EXP and 12 spent EXP. I believe I should have 10 spent EXP??? I think I have miscalculated the cost of 2nd dot of Empathy???

(I could be wrong, ofc).
    Okay, Brawl and Athletics are both Abilities favored by Horus. With those costs halved by Teaching Prodigy, 1 XP for each of those dots to start.

Then 10 points for Epic Appearance, 3 XP for Presence, 2 XP for Empathy, brings you to 17 XP spent. (You also, as previously mentioned, have one fewer Knack than you should.)
    Quote Originally Posted by PoeticallyPsyco View Post
    One (hopefully) last question from me. If I use my super jumping knack to jump down from the roof, do I take fall damage?
    You might. You'd need to roll Dexterity+Athletics to land safely.
    Last edited by Kish; 2024-05-17 at 04:51 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, so it turns out I miscalculated in the second direction? (xD) Okay, now I am really confused... xD

But okay, I got 17 EXP spent, right? Okay.

As for Knacks, I have a separate file for them? I mean, just a Google Docs file, you know? It's HERE.

I will edit the CS with the right number of spent EXP, but right now it's after midnight in Poland (I have schizophrenia, I cannot sleep... T_T xD). I will try to edit the PDF tomorrow, okay? ;-)
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2024-05-18 at 05:55 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

8. - Top - End - #218

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Okay, Brawl and Athletics are both Abilities favored by Horus. With those costs halved by Teaching Prodigy, 1 XP for each of those dots to start.

Then 10 points for Epic Appearance, 3 XP for Presence, 2 XP for Empathy, brings you to 17 XP spent. (You also, as previously mentioned, have one fewer Knack than you should.)
    Presence and Empathy were both taught at the Shakespeare fight club, so they are both reduced to 1 XP by Teaching Prodigy, so it should be 14 XP spent, right?

9. - Top - End - #219

Yes, if those were also reduced by Teaching Prodigy, it should be 14 XP spent total.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

With Body Armor active, I'm now down to 3 Legend points. Though I figure I'll get at least 1 back from my Legendary Geas this fight; at some point I'm bound to do something that makes my life harder for the sake of defending the weak.
    Optimization Trophies

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I updated the CS on my Google Drive ;-)

EDIT: Wait, weren't the increases in Athletics and Brawl also based upon the Teaching Knack...? I dunno if we counted that in the EXP cost...? (xD)

EDIT2: I already spent 1 Legend on paralysing the lady and now 2 point went into flying if I am not mistaken? I still have 7 Legend, right? ;-)
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2024-05-19 at 02:39 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

12. - Top - End - #222

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    Okay, I updated the CS on my Google Drive ;-)

EDIT: Wait, weren't the increases in Athletics and Brawl also based upon the Teaching Knack...? I dunno if we counted that in the EXP cost...? (xD)
    Yes.
    EDIT2: I already spent 1 Legend on paralysing the lady and now 2 point went into flying if I am not mistaken? I still have 7 Legend, right? ;-)
    If that's all you've spent Legend on so far, yes. Remember that Wind's Freedom also costs 1 Willpower.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Hm... so I should also substract some EXP from the Spent column?

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

14. - Top - End - #224

You've spent 14 XP.
    Last edited by Kish; 2024-05-19 at 05:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Once I get this window open, I'll toss the rope down to the rest of the group. Brand is easily strong enough to pull... well probably the entire group at once, looking at what Epic Strength does to his lifting capabilities. I'll try to determine whether the floor can support that first, though.
    Optimization Trophies

16. - Top - End - #226

Planetar

Dex Brawl Grapple, Speed 6 (10d10)[8][9][7][6][4][2][3][2][8][5](54) +1 auto Dex success

17. - Top - End - #227

Planetar

Is she an extra? Do I roll damage or no?

Assuming she still counts as Inactive and therefore DV 0 that's 5 threshold successes+2 Strength+1 for 8 dice of damage and 2 autosuccesses, if she's an extra that just applies 5 successes vs her soak

18. - Top - End - #228

Roll Dexterity+Athletics, please, Brand. Your description qualifies as a one-die stunt (so add one die and you can also regain one Legend).
    Is she an extra? Do I roll damage or no?

Assuming she still counts as Inactive and therefore DV 0 that's 5 threshold successes+2 Strength+1 for 8 dice of damage and 2 autosuccesses, if she's an extra that just applies 5 successes vs her soak
    She is inactive when you attack her, though your attack breaks Liliana's hypnotism. She is not an extra (and if she was, it would be a third of your raw damage without your Epic Strength factoring in, 3, not 5). And actually, that's five successes, which is four threshold successes at difficulty 1. So roll 7 dice and add two successes...or rather I will here, to save time:

(7d10)[6][10][6][7][7][1][7](44)

19. - Top - End - #229

BardGuy

In case I have to roll for placing the glove:

Dex (5) + Brawl (3) + 1 Epic Success:

(8d10)[4][8][7][6][6][2][9][9](51)

And if the description counts as a one die stunt:

(1d10)[2](2)

20. - Top - End - #230

Planetar

I have multiple concerns.

1. Is something increasing the difficulty to 1 instead of 0?

2.No, if Extras ignore Epic Abilities they are much much stronger than non-Extras, they are supposed to be weaker. That is a deeply dysfunctional reading of the rules.

3. If the grapple is successful, she is set to Inactive AGAIN, for a new 6 tick duration, so that she and I will act on the same tick when we make a contested roll for the grapple.

21. - Top - End - #231

I have multiple concerns.

1. Is something increasing the difficulty to 1 instead of 0?
    There's no such thing as difficulty 0.
    2.No, if Extras ignore Epic Abilities they are much much stronger than non-Extras, they are supposed to be weaker. That is a deeply dysfunctional reading of the rules.
    That's what the rules say. It is not ambiguous. After the current scene it might be worth discussing further because I tend to dislike the frequency with which Scion does "your Epic Attributes don't apply here"; I like them being stronger than non-epic Attributes, not weaker. But that would be a matter for a house rule. In any event she is not an extra in this scene.
    3. If the grapple is successful, she is set to Inactive AGAIN, for a new 6 tick duration, so that she and I will act on the same tick when we make a contested roll for the grapple.
    Yes, it does say she can't act at all until your next turn. Double-edged sword, of course, but yes, I shouldn't have implied that she'll act in a way other that wrestling with Max.

22. - Top - End - #232

Planetar

opposed Grapple Str+Brawl (7d10)[2][3][7][8][1][6][3](30) +2 Epic successes

23. - Top - End - #233

Planetar

Clinch Damage: 2+0 threshold+1 (3d10)[4][4][5](13) +2 epic successes

24. - Top - End - #234

BardGuy

Julian attempts to maintain some dignity while counting down and applying his medical knowledge to ensure the lady passes out but does not suffer longterm damage. Silently counting after restricting airflow.

Int (2) + Medicine (1) + 1 Epic success.

(3d10)[7][2][3](12)

If one stunt die is allowed:

(1d10)[9](9)

25. - Top - End - #235

BardGuy

If Dexterity And Medicine would have been better I will gladly roll and add the three dice. ;-)

26. - Top - End - #236

A tick is roughly equivalent to a second, meaning that blocking off her air flow will incapacitate her in 30 to 180 ticks. Yeah...

Brand? Dexterity+Athletics+one die?

Roll your next grapple, please, Max. In the interests of not spending more real-world time with one Scion wrestling with a thrall, if you win but don't do enough damage to get through her soak again, I'll fudge the damage.

27. - Top - End - #237

BardGuy

A tick is roughly equivalent to a second, meaning that blocking off her air flow will incapacitate her in 30 to 180 ticks. Yeah...

Brand? Dexterity+Athletics+one die?

Roll your next grapple, please, Max. In the interests of not spending more real-world time with one Scion wrestling with a thrall, if you win but don't do enough damage to get through her soak again, I'll fudge the damage.
    I admit my assumption was that with my brawl action added to Brands brawl action we would be able to keep the thrall under control without rolling. My mistake.

28. - Top - End - #238

The Scion system doesn't have rules for two-on-one grappling. I could implement the way you were thinking but it'd apply the other way around too, and suddenly being outnumbered would be effectively fatal.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Athletics + Dex
    (5d6)[2][3][1][6][6](18) + 1 Epic Dex
    Optimization Trophies

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Hang on, multiple problems with that roll.

Dex + Athletics + 1
    (6d10)[5][9][3][5][1][7](30) + 1 Epic Dex
    Optimization Trophies