New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Torchwood [IC]

1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Torchwood [IC]

"Right, you won't remember. " Lillian decides to bluff. Surely those people are used to deal with all sorts of weirdness." I'm most here to check on things. Make sure you don't start world war three but flying that jet in the wrong airspace. Insecure politicians are a nightmare to deal with."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

"Well, depends-you want to exist in society, or are you happy just being here with us?" Davis asks. "Going ghost is all well and good for sneaking around, and there's plenty of folk here... But there's a lot more to the world than just work."

The vines that Chelsea fires flop to the ground, like a real vine that had no support would. The short woman gives a small whistle. "That's a decent chunk of power right there. Not well controlled," she adds with a glance to Clarissa, "but it's got oomph. Here-if you're willing, I can try to help guide you," she holds her hand out for Chelsea to take.

James and his coworker look at you. You get the strong feeling they aren't buying it.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #63

Chelsea grabs Natalie's hand nervously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

"Nothing says we have to come up with one solution and then stick with it. The ability to make a false image might take longer to develop than simple invisibility, and I don't mind waiting on the former if the latter can be finished more quickly and enable me to begin helping people sooner," he points out.

"It might be possible to add an extra containment layer that can be shifted in appearance to seem human, but that might become cumbersome. In fact, it might make sense to have multiple, modular options for different circumstances, now that I think about it."
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

I don't know why, but I think more people have studied linguistics than I have.
    ...yes, the above sentence is in fact meaningless. But you did a double-take, didn't you?

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Chelsea grabs Natalie's hand nervously.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The short woman is not Natalie. You don't know her name yet.

"Alright. Breathe," she says, and you feel something connect you two. You can't hear her thoughts, but you can feel what she's feeling, and she can do the same to you. "Focus on the vines... They're already there, you just need to control them."

With her guidance and some more power from you, the vines animate-sluggishly at first, but then faster, wriggling on the ground and obeying your commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleph Null View Post
    "Nothing says we have to come up with one solution and then stick with it. The ability to make a false image might take longer to develop than simple invisibility, and I don't mind waiting on the former if the latter can be finished more quickly and enable me to begin helping people sooner," he points out.

"It might be possible to add an extra containment layer that can be shifted in appearance to seem human, but that might become cumbersome. In fact, it might make sense to have multiple, modular options for different circumstances, now that I think about it."
    "Hey, I like the way you're thinking. Practical," Davis comments. "We'll need some of the engineers' takes on it, but you've got a plan. Now, stand still, gotta get a few readings..."

Spoiler: OOC For Everyone
    Show
    Right-if there's no objections, I wouldn't mind moving forward a bit of time.

Say, a week or so, moving us past the initial onboarding. This will let us give your PCs the basics of their skills down, without having to go through every meticulous detail.

Show
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #66

Planetar

Show

Good by me.
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

...yes, the above sentence is in fact meaningless. But you did a double-take, didn't you?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Works for me. Perhaps some summery on what happeneds during that time. I wonder if Lillian eve lerns what she saw

8. - Top - End - #68

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

I am also good to move on.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #69

Time moves on. A week passes.

Liliana spends her first day or two asking around-what she finds puts her, mostly, at ease. No one she talks to thinks that Torchwood is perfect-but they all think it's better than nothing. And the fact that dissent is allowed, and from what she heard, people are encouraged to step forward and try to get improvements made, that seals it. She gets some help finding the Director and agrees to sign on.

From there, Chelsea and Liliana spend a good chunk of time together. The two both have magic in them, so they work with one another to develop their skills. Chelsea's plant magic and Liliana's more fey magic blend well together, and they both feel like they've got a decent grasp by the week's end. At the very least, Chelsea isn't leaving grass everywhere she goes now.

Altair, meanwhile, spends much of his time with Davis and Davis' crew. One of the folk working under Davis also works with the machinery labs, and she helps provide a body suitable for public usage. It's not perfect, but combined with some tricks from Altair and a wrist-worn SEP field, it should allow for him to operate and exist outside Torchwood without causing any big issues.

The three of you are, once again, brought before the Director. She's got a small, professional smile on her face. "The mages among you have made great strides," she nods towards the two ladies. "And your input, Altair, has been invaluable to some of our research. There is a matter that needs addressing, however-Liliana and Chelsea, your families."
    The smile wanes a little. "We have plenty of resources to help provide explanations for what has and will happen, but I don't want to isolate you from the people you care about. Chelsea, you're closest with your family, and they've been quite worried about you."

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Lilliana can't help but fight. Now with an arsenal of magic tools to fiddle. It she is still getting used to how magic is real, and how much they look like folk magic. A carved stick rotates in her hand, and she studies it's flow. "Right. Family, I don't exacly mind diappering. Been away for a while, and I'm not that distrood. However, I do hate the idea of just letting them think I'm dead. They would be heart broken." Her flow break and stick drops to the ground. "Generally speaking... we been here ever since we got here. I mean noinclut, but I won't like to havre friends that aren't my coworkders"

11. - Top - End - #71

Planetar

Altair nods with a smile.

"Happy to help how I can. Please let me know if there is anything else...otherwise, I am here for whenever we need to start moving."

12. - Top - End - #72

"what are your ideas to tell them?" Chelsea muses out loud. "I mean I guess the basic is to tell them I got a job that involves travel."

13. - Top - End - #73

"For you, Liliana," the director says, "there are currently records of you recovering in a local hospital. We can drop you off there without any fuss, you will be released, and that should be that. Your family is only in contact with you infrequently, correct?" And as for you, Chelsea," she continues, "there is the matter of your changed appearance. That is why I wanted to ask you what you think would be best."

She shuffles a few papers on her desk, taking one of the ones that is typed out rather than written. "Once the family matters are settled, there is something awaiting you. We have a displaced dinosaur, currently in the Amazon. We have been monitoring the situation, and do have a team on hand in case it wanders too close to civilization. But, before they handle it, I thought it might be best to leave a simple matter like this to the new folk. Nothing complicated, just a simple pacification of a large, dangerous animal."

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #74

Planetar

"Dinosaur, you say? Did it trip and fall into the wrong era somehow? I suppose the more important question is what kind of dinosaur, as there are many types and they are all very different," Altair says with a bit of a bemused tone to his voice. It's as though he is surprised, but at the nature of what sort of unusual the situation is rather than at how unusual it is.
    "I'm not afraid of any terrestrial creature, but I am curious as to how such a...distant temporal displacement could occur. Perhaps the continuity laws here are more different than I thought..."

15. - Top - End - #75

I don't actually know what to tell them....It's a bit of a sudden change. Chelsea admits.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

"So I either leave the Torchwood or become legally dead? Contact is infrequently, but there is a great deal of difference between that and disappearing completely. Not to mention I still don't know the cause for my magic so it might very well hount me." Despite normally repressed emotsions, Lilliana a hint of anger shows in Lillianas voice as she dosn't wanto leave. "Surely, there is some inbettwen optsion."

17. - Top - End - #77

"You misunderstand, Liliana-you are not listed as being dead at the hospital," the director reassures her. "You are, as far as anyone else is aware, comatose. Whenever you are ready, we can bring you there and have you 'wake up'. I apologize for the confusion."

Show
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

"No I understood this much. But what is your plan if I remain here? Am just reported comatose until forgotten?"

19. - Top - End - #79

"I feel like I did not make my point clear. Let me try again," she tells Liliana. "When you wish to, we will take you to the hospital you are recorded as being at. You can take your time, contact family and friends as you wish-although the longer you wait, the more likely it will be that another team will have to handle the current situation. We can help you come up with a reason why you will start traveling, and there will be times where you will not be able to contact others-but that will be when you are on specific missions. In generally, there will be nothing stopping you from talking to family and friends."

Show
    Show

Show

20. - Top - End - #80

Planetar

Altair will just wait until everyone's logistics have been sorted out — to a star that's eleven billion years old, a few minutes is the blink of an eye, and that cosmic-scale patience remained intact even after being "averaged" with the minuscule human lifespan.

Show

I figured it might be my "turn" in terms of post-cadence but it's not really that way in-story soooo....ye
    Last edited by Aleph Null; Today at 11:33 AM. Reason: whoops i forgot to account for the age of the universe again

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't need much time. Just show my face, let them know I'm alive. Maybe show up for christmas." Lilliana calms down as misundertanding is cleared. "With that setteled. My magic is less dangerous then a handgun, but I might be able to devine for it."

22. - Top - End - #82

"Alright. I am glad that that is cleared up," the director says.

Show
    I think we just need to figure out how Chelsea is gonna handle matters, and then we can move on. Lemme poke her.

Show
    Show

Show