New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 264142434445464748495051
Results 1,501 to 1,513 of 1513
  1. - Top - End - #1501
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Cataclysm (AD&D Ravenloft -> PF1 Conversion) INC Thread

Ted searches a bit both outside and inside of the deserted house. On the outside he looks for wolf tracks, as it would not hurt to try to confirm the story.

OOC: perception outside (1d20+8)[11], inside (1d20+8)[26]

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

While cheyanne looks through the bedroom with Helen not far, you move the bed and find a loose floorboard underneath. Reaching in you find a small treasure trove. 1000 silver pieces, and 5 gems of 200gp approximate value. There are also three scroll tubes. One has a scroll of fiery breath, one has a list of names, and the third has a map.

Spoiler: list of names
    Show

Ludith Pul
    Egildag Wiersicxsoen
    Uda Allerton
    Mergriet Roelofsoon
    Eldi Back
    Harkon Lucas
    Akriel Planck
    Meginhild Roskamp
    Thiadbold Keymp
    Heiltgen Reeds
    Othilhildis van Heer
    Segecin Toyt

As Ted is rummaging around upstairs, he sniffs, smelling and hears something from the closet. With rose not far behind him, he closes in and opens the door to be overrun by 5 wolf pups, yapping and bouncing across the floor to jump at Teds heels.

Grey finds a wall safe in the back of a closet to pull out a weapon of purest gold, a weapon of purest silver, and a weapon of purest iron.
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2024-05-16 at 08:11 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    With rose not far behind him, he closes in and opens the door to be overrun by 5 wolf pups, yapping and bouncing across the floor to jump at Teds heels.
    "Aww, looks like the real treasure are the pups we found along the way," Rose jokes. She casts Detect Magic, just to be on the safe side that these are mundane pups and not... magical murder mutts or something.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: rose
    Show

Regular wolf pups, look old enough to be weened, young enough to be loyal to who ever has the food
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grey - HP: 43\43 - Conditions: Dazzled - Active Effects: None

---------------

Grey, always the eager looter, finds weapons that brings to the others with a content smile "Look what I found!" he says with rejoice before his expression becoming sour and concerned when he sees the pups "Please tell me these are just pups. I would not have the heart to kill them." he begs to Rose, seeing her friend trying to discern more about the young wolves.

And so he puts the weapons down, gestures towards the others "These look valuable, pick what you want." Grey says quite distracted, looking for some food in his backpack to offer the pups and sharings some bits from his past "Never had a dog when I was a kid, you know. And I hate cats."
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

6. - Top - End - #1506
    Ogre in the Playground

- Oh my gosh! - said Helen when she went back and found the puppies - You have found some really cute friends! Cool! We only have some scrolls - she added with a frown.

She knelled down to one puppy and pat it gently on his head - But you know, we also have a list of names. Could be other werewolves. Could be a list of planned victims. We have no idea yet - she shared with her friends - We will need to spend some time on decyphering that, I am afraid - she sighed.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2024-05-17 at 07:38 AM.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

7. - Top - End - #1507
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted quickly calms down the wolf pups, as he is used to dealing with animals.

”They are cute but I don’t know about taking them with us on adventures. Also, under the circumstances it’s weird to have wolves around. Best if we could find someone else to take care of them. And, can we really be sure they will stay normal?

As for the list, maybe Maria would recognize a few names.”

He looks over the weapons, not quite sure what to make of a gold weapon.

8. - Top - End - #1508
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As Ted looks over the weapons, they seem made strong enough to be used in combat, forged by a master. Gold has a dwarven art feel, the silver weapon feels almost elven in its craft. As you pick up the iron weapon its as if the weapon bites you. Ted takes (1d6)[1] damage as you let out a suprised gasp and drop the iron weapon.
    Festival of Heroes:

9. - Top - End - #1509
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted says ”Yikes!

I’ve been hurt by weapons before, but never like that!

I hate to ask this, but anyone else care to try? I have a feeling that this has something to do with whatever has been happening to me.”

10. - Top - End - #1510
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    Female Lawful Good Half-Orc Monk/Paladin/Champion of Irori, Level 3/2/0, Init 5, HP 52/52, Speed 40 ft
    AC 25, Touch 18, Flat-footed 17, CMD 25, Fort 16, Ref 13, Will 14, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Iron MW Sansetsukon +8 (1d10+4, 19-20/x2)
    Double-Chained Kama +7 (1d6+3/1d6+3 or 1d6+4, 20/x2)
    Siangham +7 (1d6+3, 20/x2)
    Bracers of Armor (+2) or Mage Armor, Amulet of Natural Armor +2 (+4 Armor, +2 DEX, +6 CHA +3 Natural AC)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 23
    Condition Smite Evil 1/1 used today
    Lay on Hands 0/7 used today
    Cheyanne isn't quite fast enough to take the cold-iron shod sansetsukon before Ted touches it and hurts himself. "Ted! I've got it," she says, concern for her friend obvious in her voice as she turns from the coins and scrolls. "Here, let me see..."

Taking up the staff she notes that it doesn't hurt her to touch it at all, shrugging at her companion apologetically. "Not a common item to find, but one I will take...it's made better than my wooden one..."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Cheyanne will take the Cold Iron MW Sansetsukon readily. So far none of the other loot sounds that exciting to her.

11. - Top - End - #1511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grey - HP: 43\43 - Conditions: Dazzled - Active Effects: None

---------------

Grey gestures to whoever has the list of names "May I have a look?" he asks, then reads the names while playing with the pups that are hopefully eating the food he has offered instead of the hand that provided it; he then grunts and points one name "Akriel. Same name of the lady that hired us." Grey says to the others with a troubled look "And the fellow that attacked her that night, he had wolves with him. Maybe there is some sort of...conspiracy? Or something of that kind. Feels weird, though." that said, he throws a concerned look at Ted and elbows Helen and whispers "Maybe you could give him a look? You said you're a medic."
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

12. - Top - End - #1512
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Commando View Post
    "Please tell me these are just pups. I would not have the heart to kill them." he begs to Rose, seeing her friend trying to discern more about the young wolves.
    Rose gives him a... somewhat assured nod. "They're definitely not magical, and I'm not seeing anything unusual about them... physically anyway. Might have to expose them to moonlight to be positive they're not like, wolf-weres, but other than that I think they're about as harmless as a weened pup. Might make good farm dogs, if Maria wants to train them."

When Ted gets 'bitten' by the touch of the blade, Rose has a thought. It's not a theory in any way. Just a thought.
    She pulls out the 'Of Flora and Fauna' book and flips through to see if there is a list of creatures harmed by iron; maybe if either the word cold or pure accompany the term? Rose flips through pages.
    Knowledge (Nature): (1d20+13)[26]
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2024-05-18 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Found a spelling mistake. oops!
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

13. - Top - End - #1513
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

okay, we are over 50 pages, NEW THREAD

Cataclysm part Deux

Spoiler: Rose
    Show
    You do find a reference that Wolves of Kartakass do not care for "Goblyn Iron"
    Festival of Heroes: