Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOC Rise of the Grand Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    Just

[roll0]

[roll1]+4
    Which post did the enemy tank get hit hard enough to drop its CT? I know one attack was negated by vehicular combat.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    You did
    Code:
    [roll]1d20[\roll] instead of [roll0]
    [roll]1d20[\roll] [roll1]

OK, code doesn't stop dice from working, but yeah, you did a \ instead of a /
    D'oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Which post did the enemy tank get hit hard enough to drop its CT? I know one attack was negated by vehicular combat.
    First round we shot at it. The laser gunner got the 10 to hit the area, but not high to overcome target's reflex, so half damage. Damage is normally x2, so we're getting straight die roll. 50-15 DR=35, threshold 33. 35 damage, -1 CT.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

D'oh.

First round we shot at it. The laser gunner got the 10 to hit the area, but not high to overcome target's reflex, so half damage. Damage is normally x2, so we're getting straight die roll. 50-15 DR=35, threshold 33. 35 damage, -1 CT.
    Ok will update its hp total & stats etc
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

@feathersnow the droids are too far away to use a flamethrower, did you want to keep the rolls and use another weapon?
    TC for short

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Iggy could probably take the shot if he got statted out. Even a minimum credit roll would be enough for a blaster.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

@feathersnow the droids are too far away to use a flamethrower, did you want to keep the rolls and use another weapon?
    Oops. Sure, assuming I could have gotten a pistol from the quartermaster retroactively.

Iggy could probably take the shot if he got statted out. Even a minimum credit roll would be enough for a blaster.
    IG-GY has a blaster rifle I budgeted for in my gear.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The good news is you don't have to budget out of your money because followers get an allowance of their own equal to the starting credits of your 1st-level class. Meaning you can divert that blaster money to a nice pistol for yourself. And you could use your standard action to order action to order Iggy to shoot, assuming you pick a template that gives proficiency. I suppose you could do it even if he's not proficient, but I can't recommend it as an effective use of actions.

Speaking of gear, I see you have a blast vest and helmet, and have to wonder why. With no proficiency, not only is it dragging down your reflex, but also your physical skills. It's all downside with literally no benefits. I recommend ditching it.

You also look to be missing your 3rd level feat.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

I think someone picked up a couple of blaster carbines at the end of the last mission too, if you wanted to use one of those.
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The good news is you don't have to budget out of your money because followers get an allowance of their own equal to the starting credits of your 1st-level class. Meaning you can divert that blaster money to a nice pistol for yourself. And you could use your standard action to order action to order Iggy to shoot, assuming you pick a template that gives proficiency. I suppose you could do it even if he's not proficient, but I can't recommend it as an effective use of actions.

Speaking of gear, I see you have a blast vest and helmet, and have to wonder why. With no proficiency, not only is it dragging down your reflex, but also your physical skills. It's all downside with literally no benefits. I recommend ditching it.

You also look to be missing your 3rd level feat.
    Ooh! I feel embarrassed to have messed that up. I suppose I turn two of those problems into one solution by picking up light armor proficiency with my level 3 feat.

I will trade that blaster in for a pistol and order IG-GY to shoot! IG-GY is a defensive follower using "The Best defense" action.

Edit: fixed my sheet
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2024-05-22 at 09:09 AM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Ooh! I feel embarrassed to have messed that up. I suppose I turn two of those problems into one solution by picking up light armor proficiency with my level 3 feat.

I will trade that blaster in for a pistol and order IG-GY to shoot! IG-GY is a defensive follower using "The Best defense" action.

It's all good. Much thanks to Random for the ever vigilant attention to detail on the crunchier aspects of the game.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I think someone picked up a couple of blaster carbines at the end of the last mission too, if you wanted to use one of those.
    I encourage Thunder to do it, but he never posted that he did. I did have Skira try to loot the weapons from the first B-1s Sadaki wasted on the way in, but never got a response. And Skira needs one of those blasters.

Proficiency gets rid of the ACP, but it doesn't change the fact that it's still actively reducing your reflex defense by overwriting your heroic level. Saga edition, where bulletproof vests make your character easier to kill!

Also, using any of the protector actions options requires a standard action from you, and you make an attack using your stats with your weapon. Which is good, because with Defensive Iggy's going to only be proficienct with simple weapons, meaning he'll shoot with an attack bonus somewhere between -3 to -1, depending where you put the ability scores.

If you want my advice, I'd pick the utility template and train acrobatics, taking advantage of the fact that the one thing followers do of their own volition is fight defensively. Now Iggy will have a +10 to reflex, and be a surprisingly useful meatshield for 13 HP by virtue of being near impossible to hit. At least until the enemy breaks out the grenades, anyway. He'll also be able to take Pistol proficiency, allowing him to take long-range shots for you without you spending actions juggling blaster and flamethrower, which may come in handy in a pinch.

It's all good. Much thanks to Random for the ever vigilant attention to detail on the crunchier aspects of the game.
    Always glad to help.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

It's fine, there are plenty of blaster carbines around from destroyed B-1's, so anyone who needs one can assume to have picked one up by now.

OK this is where I think we're at.
    Friendly Tank: 152/160
    B-1 Squad: Full Health
    B-2 Squad: 19/42, -2 CT, -1 atk (1 round)
    Enemy Tank: 125/160, -1 CT

Distances:
    Enemy Tank: 55-60
    Droid Squads: 28
    Friendly Tank: 12
    CT-1453: 6
    Feathersnow: 4
    Rest of Party: 0

VC: (1d20+6)[13] need to hit 24 or take another 9 to drop to 116.

@Feathersnow how are you changing your last attack? Are you going to call it an attack from your droid or..?
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2024-05-24 at 10:22 PM.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

It's fine, there are plenty of blaster carbines around from destroyed B-1's, so anyone who needs one can assume to have picked one up by now.

B-2 Squad: 19/42
    Enemy Tank: 116/160, -1CT

Distances:

VC: [roll0] need to hit 24 or take another 9 to drop to 116.

@Feathersnow how are you changing your last attack? Are you going to call it an attack from your droid or..?

Yes. Edited in IC
    GNU Terry Pratchett

14. - Top - End - #494
    Barbarian in the Playground

The B-2 Squad should be -2 on their track due to dastardly attack.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

B-2 Squad: 19/42
    Enemy Tank: 116/160, -1CT

Distances:

VC: [roll0] need to hit 24 or take another 9 to drop to 116.

I rolled using the roller's multiply function, the damage is already doubled, and it wasn't enough to breach the DR, so it doesn't need to try negating the hit with VC. Yes, I managed to roll a 5 on 4d10. I think the RNG is trolling us at this point.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

I rolled using the roller's multiply function, the damage is already doubled, and it wasn't enough to breach the DR, so it doesn't need to try negating the hit with VC. Yes, I managed to roll a 5 on 4d10. I think the RNG is trolling us at this point.
    You know I actually considered this and thought “nah, there’s no way…”
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

Really considering moving back to excel battlemaps for the next large fight.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

You know I actually considered this and thought “nah, there’s no way…”
    Add a couple cuss words and you have my response to reading that post.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

OK, Player Action:

Distances:
    Droid Squad: 22

Apologies for the delays, my life has become increasingly insane and I didn't expect this combat to be so complicated, so I can only post NPC actions when I have some dedicated PC time.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2024-05-26 at 12:12 PM.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Like I said, the RNG has been trolling us with Sudden Onset Stormtrooper Aiming. This would go a lot faster if the heavy weapon clone had taken the main gun instead of somebody not proficient.

Also, errata removed the ability to crit with AoEs. Nat 20s auto-hit, but only do normal damage. And even if the B-1 squad did crit, Skira's evasion would've halved it, and the DR would've eaten the rest.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Like I said, the RNG has been trolling us with Sudden Onset Stormtrooper Aiming. This would go a lot faster if the heavy weapon clone had taken the main gun instead of somebody not proficient.

Also, errata removed the ability to crit with AoEs. Nat 20s auto-hit, but only do normal damage. And even if the B-1 squad did crit, Skira's evasion would've halved it, and the DR would've eaten the rest.
    At least they took out the B-2's? :p
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Should I move forward with the next round?
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Sorry for being absent. It is peak tourist season here and I lost track of my notifications.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for being absent. It is peak tourist season here and I lost track of my notifications.
    No worries. Going forward please make the rolls for your follower. Also put your follower's stats on your sheet somewhere.

Will try to get posts up later today / tonight.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; Yesterday at 03:19 AM.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

follower: (1d20+2)[19]
    damage: (3d8)[16]
    TC for short