New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateCaptain

biggrin Good VTT for the Chill RPG?

Who here has played Chill? (any version). I've played a few times at a local convention when one of the authors was running games and loved it. Recently I've decided to start running my own game. My group is small for now as we all learn the system better, and thankfully we can meet in person. But, my house is small. I'd like to have the option of running the game virtually. I've done this with other systems via zoom and a variety of VTT's. All the different VTT's I've used, none have had the Chill rules available to integrate.

Has anyone used a VTT to play Chill? Which one's have you tried and liked/hated?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Good VTT for the Chill RPG?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf147 View Post
    Who here has played Chill? (any version). I've played a few times at a local convention when one of the authors was running games and loved it. Recently I've decided to start running my own game. My group is small for now as we all learn the system better, and thankfully we can meet in person. But, my house is small. I'd like to have the option of running the game virtually. I've done this with other systems via zoom and a variety of VTT's. All the different VTT's I've used, none have had the Chill rules available to integrate.

Has anyone used a VTT to play Chill? Which one's have you tried and liked/hated?
    I can answer the first - have played multiple versions including the (original?) Pacesetter boxed set.

While I understand the attraction and value of VTTs, I think the "horror" games like Chill and Call of C'thulhu (et al) really benefit from in person games where there is at least some ability to control the atmosphere.

Let us know what you find/try and how the experience plays!

- M
    No matter where you go...there you are!

Holhokki Tapio - GitP Blood Bowl New Era Season I Champion
    Togashi Ishi - Betrayal at the White Temple
    Da Monsters of Da Midden - GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Season V-VI-VII