New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Ruins of Azlant: The Lost Outpost [IC]

After a moment, Thickness nods."Very well. I'll open."

With that Thickness approaches the building, once close to the door he'll move his weapon to the crook of his elbow, using his now free hand to knock, once, twice, three times.

"You alive in there?"
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2024-05-21 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Spoiler condition met
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Colossus in the Playground

No response from within.
    18MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Towns of the Inner Sea (2013, Bauer, Bonner, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: 02-07 JUN 2024.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Arsenne places himself behind Thikha'Ness, with his Glaive ready for action and says : "I am as reluctant as you are to barge rudely into someone's private dwelling, but I think that the circumstances fully justify our going ahead and opening the door."

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Thickness chuffs with an aborted laugh at Arsene filling the silence after Thickness's call out.

"I agree, just giving time for a calmer response. I'm coming in friendly!"

With that, Thickness attempts to open the door, and if not jumped.will make his way inside, holding his weapon point tipped back over his shoulder to present less of a threat.

5. - Top - End - #395

As Thickness steps inside, he notices that one of the boards is warped at an odd angle and has the potential to squeak or otherwise make noise.

Thickness, what do you do/ say?
    18MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Towns of the Inner Sea (2013, Bauer, Bonner, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Thickness avoids the warped board, saying nothing as he gets inside and looks around for signs of a person.

"Watch your step coming in. Some of the floor boards might be weak. Anyone alive in here?"
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2024-05-23 at 05:49 PM. Reason: If/Then condition met.

7. - Top - End - #397

Outside, those that are standing around note that there is nothing unusual about the house. it has a thatched roof, a single entrance with a working door that Thickness and now Arsenne have gone through.

Eirina and Kaen note some odd anti-symmetry about the plants, but would have to go closer to see.

Inside, the interior of the house is comparable to the other private homes in Talmandor’s Bounty. It contains only simple wooden furniture and an assortment of common household and personal items. Unlike the other residences, this house is in disarray, with chairs and tables flipped over, blankets torn to shreds, and produce such as corn and melons gnawed upon and then discarded to rot on the floor.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

Kaen holds up a finger. "One moment, there's something odd about this plant...". He then steps closer to investigate.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Much as I implied, Kaen moves closer to the plant to investigate
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

9. - Top - End - #399

Kaen notices that a lot of the crops were mashed down, but he can't tell by what.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Thickness frowns, moving to check the other rooms with a mutter.

"I could've sworn I smelt something stronger than rotting vegetables."

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Roran steps forward to take a look at the odd plants. If he too is able to notice their stomped state, he will try to determine if they were all flattened in one direction that would indicate the direction of something moving through them.

12. - Top - End - #402

ElfRangerGuy

Arsenne stays close by Thikha'Ness as the latter studies the place, Arsenne keep his eye out for ambushes or lurking dangers. He says softly: "I'm with you."

13. - Top - End - #403

Outside, Roran can't tell much from the ruined crops.

Inside, both of the house explorers think they hear a thump against the outside of a window in the larger of the two bedrooms.

Thickness and Arsenne, what do you do?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Thickness's steps thump loudly as he rushes towards the noise without a word.

15. - Top - End - #405

ElfRogueGirl

Eirina also steps forward to examine the plants that have been trodden upon.

16. - Top - End - #406

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    Thickness's steps thump loudly as he rushes towards the noise without a word.
    The sound was just outside the house, just outside of the window somewhere. Do you go look out the window to investigate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Espeon55 View Post
    Eirina also steps forward to examine the plants that have been trodden upon.
    Eirina, you notice some of the plants were casually trampled recently by some Small or Medium humanoid, but the tracks are not distinct enough to be specifically identified.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

"Anyone out there!?"

Despite his loud question, Thickness then pauses, and approaches the window quietly.
    Spoiler: actions
    Show

Wouldn't actually help vs a readied action, but using Stealth on approach of window so that the person won't know when exactly Thickness pokes his head out the window.
    Speaking of which, if there's no response and no obvious sign of danager, Thickness will take a deep breath and put his head out the window. I'm assuming it's a open window, please correct me if wrong.

18. - Top - End - #408

ElfRogueGirl

"From what I can tell these tracks were made by a Humanoid. They were either short or of average height but I cannot identify who or what made these tracks specifically." She relays this information to Kaen and Roran. "Ambyr, sniff. Can you pick up a scent? Track if so."

19. - Top - End - #409

Surprise Round ...

For all of Thickness' worry and caution, he still gets surprised when something slaps against the upper part of his chain shirt after he leans out the window to look around.

Begin Round One ...

R1T5:
    Before Thickness even has a chance to adjust, he is attacked again, this time getting hit in the neck for 7. Despite being surprised, Thickness just barely manages to keep this ... tentacle ... from grasping around his throat. But then he gets hit again for 9. This time, Thickness is held fest around the throat, being strangulated.

R1T4: Thickness, looking out the window, you were attacked by a strange beast, and bludgeoned and now being strangulated, partway out the window. You already feel woozy. What do you do?
    Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Thickness thrashes, attempting to brace himself against the window and rip himself free, making what little noise he can.

Spoiler: Grapple, with nested if actions!
    Show

Swift [If Possible]: Silver Crane Waltz Stance, +4 innitiative may help.
    Standard: Resisting Grapple, CMB vs DC of opponent CMD: (1d20+6)[11]
    Spoiler: If Free
    Show

Headless of Danger Thickness runs from the monster shouting.
    "Help! Monster!"

Action: Move
    If Action: If Attacked, Thickness will try Whirlpool Spin to counter the attack, rolling 1d20+5 as a swim check vs the roll.

Spoiler: If Not
    Show

Move Action (Environment interaction/Manipulate a Item): Thickness begins thumping his legs against the window as hard as he can to make noise.

If Action: If Attacked, Thickness will try Whirlpool Spin to counter the attack, rolling 1d20+5 as a swim check vs the roll. I don't think I can use this against a grapple damage attack.

21. - Top - End - #411

R1T4: Thickness thrashes, attempting to brace himself against the window and rip himself free, making what little noise he can. Thrashing is right, because he finds that in his bent-over-window-and-strangled he can't get into the desired defensive stance. He tries to brace against the window, not recognizing that the semi-elastic nature of the attacker is nonplussed by the attention to be stretched, and Thickness is no better than he was before. Failing that, he slams his legs against the wall under the window.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T20:
    Arsenne, Thickness is in trouble. He is 5' from you, bent over and partly out the window (though feet still on the ground in the room with you), and not saying anything but kicking the wall frantically. What do you do?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412

ElfRangerGuy

Arsenne Shouts loudly "Help! Something from outside is attacking us through the window!"

He then drops his Glaive, shifts quickly to Thikha'Ness, and touches him on the back, saying "Goddess, please grant this friend a bit of luck."

He then wraps his arms around the waist of Thikha'Ness, braces a foot against the wall and prepares to pull him away from the window.

Spoiler: Action breakdown
    Show
    - Five foot step to beside Thikha'Ness.

- SA - Domain use:
    Bit of Luck (Sp)
    6/day (3 + 3 [WIS]), SA, touch an allied creature, granting it a bit of luck.
    * For the next round, any time the target rolls a d20, they may roll 2x * take the more favorable result.

- MA - Wrap arms around Thikha'Ness, brace leg against wall, prepare to assist him in pulling free or to pull him free on my own, whichever opportunity presents itself first.

23. - Top - End - #413

R2T20: Arsenne shouts loudly, "Help! Something from outside is attacking us through the window!"

He then drops his Glaive, shifts quickly to Thikha'Ness, and touches him on the back, saying "Goddess, please grant this friend a bit of luck."

R2T5: The ugly creature breathes wretch and alcohol in Thickness' face, a little unsteady, but still strong enough to leverage it in continuing to strangle the sobek for 12, causing the hero to go limp partway hangingo out the window.

R2T4: Thickness roll two stabilization checks (CON checks)!
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Spoiler: Rolls to maybe not die!
    Show

Stabilise roll
    (2d20b1)[16] DC 10, -6 for negative hp, + 1 for con, Effective DC 15.

25. - Top - End - #415

R2T4: Thickness stabilizes.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T24:
    Kaen, you can't understand what he said, but you heard Arsenne shouting, and you at least heard the word "Help." What do you do?
    Show