New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Pathfinder 1e Spelljammer+Psionics, gauging interest

Quote Originally Posted by namo View Post
    I've seen numerous other games use the High Psionics variant in other campaigns, which gives the Soulknives some manifesting, but I'll be frank, I don't know the resulting level of power. I assume they're still behind full casters/manifesters.
    Will we be using it? (If anyone with more experience wants to weigh in...)
    Yes, we will be using High Psionics Soulknife

Quote Originally Posted by ProgressPaladin View Post
    OH, I wanted to do Gathlain anyway, I just thought that you wouldn’t be likely to approve it. My fault. I had an idea for a Tree-Born Gathlain Kineticist, using it’s connection to the earth.
    For reasons, Kineticist counts as a Psionic class and can gain Psionic Focus and get Psionic Feats. Base or Legendary Kineticist?
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2024-05-21 at 04:45 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder 1e Spelljammer+Psionics, 6th Level Gestalt

Actually, with Path of War on the table. I would love to try playing ranged War Soul, I belive it can be combined with SoulBolt.

Also wait Legendary Kineticist is on the table also!?

I'm soiled for choice! Thank you Benoojian!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Absolutely Legendary.
    For every battle lost, there is a battle won.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Absolutely Legendary Kineticist.
    For every battle lost, there is a battle won.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

This looks like a lot of fun! Gonna go back over what everyone else is making and decide what I wanna play.

6. - Top - End - #36

Planetar

Feel free to join the Discord to discuss character creation

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Expressing interest.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Dropping real fast. I'm interested on a Cryptic/alchemist. But if we are going to use Legendary classes I would have to keep an eye on them. Tomorrow I join the Discord. Night everyone.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Are all legendary classes on the table?

10. - Top - End - #40

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by droobles View Post
    Are all legendary classes on the table?
    Not necessarily, only L. Kineticist has been approved so far

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

With racial and class proficiency in firearms, can I fix simple misfires with a Gunsmith's kit? (strict RAW, I can't; once you get Guns Everywhere, people lose the ability to maintain their own guns).
    Semper ludens.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Valentin Karel, Giff mercenary

The contract was quite clear. Standard regimental rules for mercenary work. Captured mercenaries to be ransomed back within sixty days. Needless to say, the Dromites didn't honor that. And Valentin Karel is owed compensation. Compensation for the time in prison camp, for the indignity of it, and for the treacherous breach of contract. The bill is large, and Valentin intends to collect.

Valentin Karel was made to be a sergeant. He is loud, decisive, and thoroughly uninterested in the bigger picture. His long term plans are simple: Keep soldiering until he starts to slow down. Then, take his medals, commendations, souvenirs and loot to a larger Giff settlement, find a stout young wife, and raise strong sons to follow in his footsteps. In the short term, he intends to side with this upstart world against the Dromite Empire, and personally collect what he is owed.

In the very short term, he will shout at whoever needs shouting at, and march up to any enemy in his way, guns blazing.
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2024-05-23 at 08:52 AM.
    Semper ludens.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Wooo

You just basically made the same character as i did...I'm going melee two handed muskeet, but yeah.

(Love the picture by the way)

Admiral Chance
    m N Giff Aegis/Warlord, Level 6, Init 2, HP 78/78, DR 2/-, Speed 30/Fly 50' Average
    AC 19, Touch 12, Flat-footed 17, CMD 24, Fort 8, Ref 4, Will 6, CMB +12, Base Attack Bonus 6 /17
    Point-blank shot (Like the actual PBS) +15 (2d6+12, x4)
    Boarding Axe ( , )
    Headbutt ( , )
    Astral Suit, Buckler (+5 Armor, +2 Shield, +2 Dex, +0 Misc)
    Abilities Str 22, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 14
    Condition None
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2024-05-23 at 09:26 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post

I'm soiled for choice! Thank you Benoojian!
    Don't forget to change your pants, then...lol

Interest is pending, provided I can come up with something I want to play.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2908570

With all these giff showing up, Bushi here may be an interesting "ninja commando" to pair with any of them.

Bushi is also the sole surviving Ninja commando from the goblin 'alliance' that formed during the war, because she and the others were literally loaded into catapults and launched at the invaders. Dumb luck, adaptability, and her sheer, stubborn tenacity allowed her to not only learn kung fu properly, but to also survive pretty much everything she was put through.

She's also aware the world considers her both dangerous (what if she teaches OTHER goblins discipline and unarmed combat skills?!?) and an expendable asset, and is seeking a higher purpose among the stars.

Pros:
    + Her freakin' stealth is over 20, and she can RUN using it
    + Deals whole buttloads of damage if she gets sneak attack off with flurry
    + Multi-faceted party role beginning and ending with Dex Tank
    + Nearly all her powers are self generated; she'd lose only some AC and a few skill bonuses in an antimagic field and could still access literally everything else

Cons:
    - Her range sucks
    - Can't grapple for beans
    - Limited Ki pool due to middling wisdom; needs feats to improve it better.
    - Will save is susceptible
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2024-05-23 at 11:11 AM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

16. - Top - End - #46

PirateGuy

S.F.X. Kryten IV, Android analytical supercomputer

Pretty firmly in a skill and support role, but he's got just enough untapped psychic potential in that overclocked brain to summon living figments and undead skeletons - and the chemical know-how to MacGyver together some nasty exploding arrows.

Spoiler: S.F.X. Kryten IV backstory
    Show
    S.F.X. Kryten IV is known to most as The Thinking Machine, an overclocked Android supercomputer with a specialization in efficiency and analytics. Abducted shortly after his construction (something he remembers not at all, his early memories long overwritten by the dangerous and unpredictable modifications made to his brain) by the Motley Militiamen, a gang of organized criminals, his mind was slowly jailbroken and enhanced through a wide array of magical, technological and alchemical means to better predict the movements of law enforcement and rival cartels and to more efficiently allocate the gang’s resources. Kept a useful prisoner for so long by a gang that catapulted itself to prominence off his aid, escape seemed a difficult prospect.

The modifications made to his android brain would awaken more unforeseen potential than the gangsters counted on, though, and minor psychic and magical capabilities - as well as greater desire for independence - became to manifest. Through intense concentration - his naturally very weak psychic abilities bolstered by strict thought formulae and unbroken focus over months, he managed to form a tangible figment familiar to act for him as his hands outside his inescapable “Cell 13”. Once the locks had been sprung, his unparalleled analytical mind turned itself to the unfamiliar challenge of combat. Crafting a primitive bow and a collection of improvised explosive projectiles from available materials in the absence of a proper firearm, he was able to effortlessly calculate trajectories and predict the movements of foes despite his inexperience in combat, allowing him to slay most of the gang in a protracted guerilla campaign and win blood-soaked freedom.

While the first manifestation of his psychic potential - his familiar - took intense concentration, the second major manifestation came naturally and took him by surprise. After killing the Motley Militiamen’s gang leader - the traditional means to take the title, had the gang not been dissolved the same night in Kryten’s slaughter - he found he could summon the spectral bones and corpses of ‘his gang’ by digging into that same psionic well, a useful ability for the still fairly middling combatant. It was not primarily for his skills with arrow and explosive that he was chosen for the Spelljammer launch, though - despite his criminal past, Kryten’s unmatched knowledge databanks and analytical skills have been recognized as an indispensable asset for this crew charting the vast unknown!

Normally quiet when not spoken to, except to correct factual errors spoken in his presence (sometimes slightly insufferably). Slight murderous streak hidden under a mostly calm and emotionless poker face. Can recognize and predict human behavior and emotion flawlessly, but lacks the true empathy required to genuinely understand or sympathize.
    Last edited by Paddywagon Man; 2024-05-26 at 04:19 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47

PirateGuy

Rolling 25% Ioun Stone attunement chance:
    (1d100)[57]

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benoojian View Post
    Not necessarily, only L. Kineticist has been approved so far
    How about legendary rogue? Was asking on discord but never got an answer.

19. - Top - End - #49

Planetar

Closing recruitment in 1 day, if you haven't at least pitched a character by then you will not be accepted even if you finish a character later.

Character Creation deadline will be a week from Friday. the 7th

Edit: reposting the Discord link
    Last edited by Benoojian; 2024-05-29 at 05:04 PM.