Tyrion (1d20+4)[15]
    Three-Headed Giant (1d20)[13]
    Sir Anger (1d20+2)[12]
    Merideath (1d20+6)[11]
    Black Knight (PC) (1d20+6)[10]
    Garg (1d20+1)[8]
    a black knight (1d20+5)[6]
    Tim the Enchanter (1d20+2)[3]
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-05-20 at 07:39 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: The Hunt for the Holy Grail OOC

Apologies; It would be the spell; and Deft Maneuvers is from Elephant in the Room (+2 to disarm/trip and some pathfinder stuff that isn’t relevant in 3.5, replaces those feats).

Ghost Telekinesis is as the spell, plus once I stop concentrating i have to wait

(1d4)[3] rounds to use it again.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Once more, I apologize for the delay. It's just been a rough week. Initiative: (1d20+6)[11]

EDIT: Thankfully, it's lower than the people who have acted.

You know, prepping spells, I assumed this would be more of a dungeon crawl and less of a single massive battle. Fortunately... of the spells I've picked, very few are buffs, so while normally I'd say, "I should have put more buffs on," for once my lack of preparedness doesn't matter because there's not much preparing to do. Besides, I've still got that metamagic rod... and now I can apply all these debuffs I've just been waiting to use!
    Last edited by Dusk Raven; 2024-05-19 at 01:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Rilem View Post
    Apologies; It would be the spell; and Deft Maneuvers is from Elephant in the Room (+2 to disarm/trip and some pathfinder stuff that isn’t relevant in 3.5, replaces those feats).

Ghost Telekinesis is as the spell, plus once I stop concentrating i have to wait

[roll0] rounds to use it again.
    Ghost Telekinesis
    Telekinesis (Su)
    A ghost can use telekinesis as a standard action (caster level 12th or equal to the ghost’s HD, whichever is higher). When a ghost uses this power, it must wait 1d4 rounds before using it again.

okay then the rest of what I presume as the spell is correct.

I did not approve any pathfinder stuff... please replace with appropriate feats (combat for combat, general for general) from 3.5 feats

@Rilem
    If you do not roll initiative I will put you as initiative 1

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Raven View Post
    Once more, I apologize for the delay. It's just been a rough week. Initiative: [roll0]

EDIT: Thankfully, it's lower than the people who have acted.

You know, prepping spells, I assumed this would be more of a dungeon crawl and less of a single massive battle. Fortunately... of the spells I've picked, very few are buffs, so while normally I'd say, "I should have put more buffs on," for once my lack of preparedness doesn't matter because there's not much preparing to do. Besides, I've still got that metamagic rod... and now I can apply all these debuffs I've just been waiting to use!
    well busy I get and understand.

no I never advertised this as a dungeoncrawl it was advertised as closer to a one shot, though with the rooms involved it can be considered a very short dungeoncrawl
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-05-19 at 08:50 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    well busy I get and understand.

no I never advertised this as a dungeoncrawl it was advertised as closer to a one shot, though with the rooms involved it can be considered a very short dungeoncrawl
    What, you've never played in a dungeon crawl oneshot? I have.

Actually, dungeon crawl isn't the right term, I meant more that I thought there'd be multiple smaller encounters. Though, that was no longer a reasonable assumption once the map was revealed. No way we were going to have a fight in a building this small without alerting everyone.

On the bright side, I don't need to hold back with my best spells! I've probably got three times the spell slots I need, anyway. ...My build is definitely geared more towards the long-term, though.
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I did not approve any pathfinder stuff... please replace with appropriate feats (combat for combat, general for general) from 3.5 feats
    Wait, Original Post said Elephant in the Room rules were in effect, paragraph 13. Deft Maneuvers is from Elephant in the Room. Is there a different one out there for 3.5?

Caster Level for Telekinesis is actually 18: 13HD + 5 levels from Master of the Unseen Hand Improved Caster Level class ability

On init: (1d20+2)[12]
    Last edited by Rilem; 2024-05-19 at 10:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Rilem View Post
    Wait, Original Post said Elephant in the Room rules were in effect, paragraph 13. Deft Maneuvers is from Elephant in the Room. Is there a different one out there for 3.5?

Caster Level for Telekinesis is actually 18: 13HD + 5 levels from Master of the Unseen Hand Improved Caster Level class ability

On init: [roll0]
    sorry what I ment by that was specifically referring to pathfinder feats and other pathfinder things.

EITR

Combat feats like Weapon Focus now apply to weapon groups instead of a specific weapon by default.

Weapon Finesse: The “light weapons” category has been renamed to “finesse weapons.” Characters can choose to use either their dexterity bonus or their strength bonus to hit with these weapons, no feat required. “Finesse” is also now a weapon attribute like “brace” or “trip,” allowing a weapon in another category to be finessed (like the rapier).

*Agile Maneuvers-> would not apply

Combat Expertise: Now simple a combat option for any class with at least +1 BAB.

Improved Trip, Improved Disarm, Improved Dirty Trick, Improved Feint, Improved Reposition, Improved Steal
    Gone. Replaced with Deft Maneuvers.
    New. You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a trip, disarm, dirty trick, feint, reposition, or steal combat maneuver. In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks with these combat maneuvers.

Power Attack: Now simply a combat option for any class with at least +1 BAB.

Improved Bull Rush, Improved Drag, Improved Overrun, Improved Sunder
    Gone. Replaced with Powerful Maneuvers.
    New. You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a bull rush, drag, overrun, or sunder combat maneuver. In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks with these combat maneuvers. Now a prerequisite for the relevant greater combat maneuver feats.

Point-Blank Shot: Precise Shot replaces it as a prerequisite for further archery feats.

Deadly Aim <- there is a 3.5 version of this called power shot
    Now simple a combat option for any class with at least +1 BAB.

Mobility: Merged with Dodge.
    Revised. You gain a +1 dodge bonus to your AC. This bonus increases to +4 against attacks of opportunity caused when you move out of or within a threatened tile. A condition that makes you lose your Dex bonus to AC also makes you lose the benefits of this feat.

Improved Two-Weapon Fighting: Merged with Greater Two-Weapon Fighting
    Revised. Prerequisites now Dex 17, Two-Weapon Fighting, BAB +6. In addition to the standard single extra attack you get with an off-hand weapon, you get a second attack with it, albeit at a –5 penalty. Once your BAB reaches +11, you also gain a third attack with your off-hand weapon, albeit at a –10 penalty.
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-05-20 at 07:42 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Initiative round 1
    the rabbit of caerbannog (1d20+25)[32] -> Has Acted
    Brother Maynard (1d20+8)[24] -> Has Acted
    King Arthur (1d20+7)[22] -> Has Acted
    a knight that says NI (1d20+5)[21] -> Has Acted (Curse of Impending Blades)
    Lancelot (1d20+6)[15] -> Has Acted
    Tyrion (1d20+4)[15] -> Has Acted
    Three-Headed Giant (1d20)[13] -> Has Acted
    Sir Anger (1d20+2)[12] -> Has Acted
    Merideath (1d20+6)[11] -> has acted
    Black Knight (PC) (1d20+6)[10]
    Garg (1d20+1)[8]
    a black knight (1d20+5)[6]
    Tim the Enchanter (1d20+2)[3]
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-05-27 at 06:17 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101

NecromancerGirl

I think the order of posting might have gotten a little messed up. I think it's my turn regardless, I'll get that post up tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Well, I think it's my turn. Tyrion and Sir Anger have gone, but I don't see an action by the three-headed giant.
    Last edited by Dusk Raven; 2024-05-22 at 01:19 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

I think the order of posting might have gotten a little messed up. I think it's my turn regardless, I'll get that post up tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Well, I think it's my turn. Tyrion and Sir Anger have gone, but I don't see an action by the three-headed giant.
    check the post above it has been updated. and then I will repost the entire on round 2

13. - Top - End - #103

NecromancerGirl

Gotcha. Once again, sorry for the delay, will work on that in the morning. At the moment it's hard to think of what spells to use, although I'm sure it's just a matter of picking one of several area-denial spells that doesn't actually affect us. On a related note, refresh my memory, how far away am I? Probably would have gotten 60 feet of movement off.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Gotcha. Once again, sorry for the delay, will work on that in the morning. At the moment it's hard to think of what spells to use, although I'm sure it's just a matter of picking one of several area-denial spells that doesn't actually affect us. On a related note, refresh my memory, how far away am I? Probably would have gotten 60 feet of movement off.
    distance away, if your one of the charging guys, movement of the slowest was 20ft IIRC, so they were 170ft from the entrance after their "run" and then the truesight person saw for a moment the etheral man, and then charged 40ft so that is 130ft away from the entrance they got hit by a psionic power and possibly damaged, (BACK READ), then trueseeing 120ft will see the ethereal man who is 10ft from the entrance, but with the power used he became visible to normal sight.

then other party members moved forward.. IIRC, and that I think is where we are at.. but you guys are posting very slowly

15. - Top - End - #105

NecromancerGirl

distance away, if your one of the charging guys, movement of the slowest was 20ft IIRC, so they were 170ft from the entrance after their "run" and then the truesight person saw for a moment the etheral man, and then charged 40ft so that is 130ft away from the entrance they got hit by a psionic power and possibly damaged, (BACK READ), then trueseeing 120ft will see the ethereal man who is 10ft from the entrance, but with the power used he became visible to normal sight.

then other party members moved forward.. IIRC, and that I think is where we are at.. but you guys are posting very slowly
    ...I'm going to assume I'm 190 feet away, I only moved 60 feet so if we were 250 away to start with... that's enough range for Cloudkill, another classic. Although, just remembered - the wall is still there, so I doubt Cloudkill would go through it. I do have another idea, though.

And posting slowly is normal for me, unfortunately. I have finally made my post, however.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

noted action

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Curse of Impending Blades

Commentary
    Why use a 7th level or higher spell , well I guess because they could.. if they wanted to.

But in the instance of the big guy with the big sword they are a psionic user not a magic user thus spell resistance is a non thing.

argument is usually made for magic psionic transparency, but not in this game.

So the buy guy with the big sword is affected for now.
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-05-28 at 12:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

okay well I guess I will post something on monday

if the remaining party does not post by then, everyone wil end up right at the entrance with the big guy that says NI

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

How far away from the enemy am I currently?
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Breitheamh View Post
    How far away from the enemy am I currently?
    If your a charger. About 170 ft, otherwise ? 250 to 200 ft

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Then I guess I’ll just take the run action to get as close as possible
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Breitheamh View Post
    Then I guess I’ll just take the run action to get as close as possible
    well thats great and all but can you post actions in IC?