New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Hello, I must be going...

I've decided to stop checking all the Web comics in my Favorites list that don't update when the author says they will. I'm tired of excuses and broken promises and I'm tired of wasting time just to be disappointed.

Some of you like to defend the authors when they do this and say things like, "Well, what do you want for free?" or "I'm just so happy that I get to see this incredible work by this great artist," yadda yadda yadda. You need to get a grip. The "great artist" should be thanking you for spending a little of the most precious thing you have, your time, on his scribblings; it should not be the other way around.

Goodbye.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Hello, I must be going...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfold View Post
    I've decided to stop checking all the Web comics in my Favorites list that don't update when the author says they will. I'm tired of excuses and broken promises and I'm tired of wasting time just to be disappointed.

Some of you like to defend the authors when they do this and say things like, "Well, what do you want for free?" or "I'm just so happy that I get to see this incredible work by this great artist," yadda yadda yadda. You need to get a grip. The "great artist" should be thanking you for spending a little of the most precious thing you have, your time, on his scribblings; it should not be the other way around.

Goodbye.
    Well this is either a troll or a total dumbass and either way this thread is going to be deleted soon enough so whatever. The only thing I would like to point out is that you are gonna spend a lot more of your precious «time» on a webcomic that update often then one that rarely update so if thats the only dumb reason you could find, technically you should stop reading the webcomic that update often.

And by the way, you didnt really had to post the same thread in the OOTS forum and the Erfworld forum.
    In memory of lord Shojo

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Have you read the "Update Schedule Statement?"

Erfworld update schedule: Random, Unannounced, and As We Can

This was posted on Nov 4, 2007 and is a sticky thread.

Now, you didn't specifically name Erfworld in your thread - instead you referred to "all the Web comics in my Favorites list that don't update when the author says they will" but you are talking about Erfworld and hence posting in the Erfworld forum, right?

Erfworld's authors are adhering to their Update Schedule Statement, are they not?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

DNFTT.

*reports thread*
    Asymmetrically shod ass-kicker of the fan club

Nice Guys: Read this.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

-Mark Twain

"Courage is not merely one of the virtues; rather, it is the form of every virtue at its testing point."

-C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Querzis View Post
    Well this is either a troll or a total dumbass and either way this thread is going to be deleted soon enough so whatever. The only thing I would like to point out is that you are gonna spend a lot more of your precious «time» on a webcomic that update often then one that rarely update so if thats the only dumb reason you could find, technically you should stop reading the webcomic that update often.

And by the way, you didnt really had to post the same thread in the OOTS forum and the Erfworld forum.
    It's quite unnecessary to insult the OP's intelligence as he doesn't really state something unreasonable. It's totally understandable to be upset when a good comic is discontinued or does not update.
    Goblins and Erfworld are two of the best comics I know of that in the last few months went WAY down in my favorite list because of their update schedule.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff of Moddingham: Didn't I lock this already? Ah, this is a duplicate. Please do not discuss the timing/scheduling of the comic.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex