New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Push the Zibbi IC

Nawa smiles softly as Saya walks up. He could see that the injured man affected Saya, and Nawa felt a small bit of sympathy.

"I think he tried to say something, but he's in pretty bad shape. Maybe if we get him some better care we can interrogate him. But if we don't act quickly he's not going to survive."

Nawa sees Ryouta enter the hallway and comment on their lack of time.

"The way I see it, we have two options. Persue Mr. Cortez and recover the Zibbi and the money, or go back to Eurodyne and admit that we've failed. Maybe there are other options at our disposal. But if we choose to go with option number one, interrogating this man may be our only path to reaching him. But of course, I am open to other options" he said simply. Nawa definitely felt that they had to make a decision quickly. But if they made the wrong decision..

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A clatter of footsteps can be heard coming from down the hall. A small group of policemen come at a jog weapons drawn. A short pudgy man is following them. Fredrik Jager trots to the front of the group and waves them to put their guns away. I'm warning you for the last time...Eurodyne will not be happy if you interfere.

He grabs you all and pulls you into the room. He sneers at the blood on the wall and the dead body. He shuts the door behind him. This is not good. Not good at all. Outside the police call for paramedics.

Jeez...look at this mess. What the heck happened? This was supposed to be an easy deal. This will not look good on my report. Like most Project Managers, he cares more about the missions looking good on paper than the people involved. Ideas...we need some. If you've got any let them be known.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

"It looks like I hit him, they may be leaking fluids and can't get far." He reloads his rifle and places it within the holster inside his coat. He straightens out and the bulge of the holster becomes even less noticeable. "I still have, some business with him, that must be taken care of. I'll ask around."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground

Saya, conscious of the fact that he has done little so far in the mission and wanting to appear useful, speaks up quickly.

"Well the guy in the hall might know where they went, he is their friend. Maybe we could.. question him?"
    The surface of the Earth is the shore of the cosmic ocean. Recently we've waded a little way out, and the water seems inviting. - Carl Sagan

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Maybe we don't have to question the man I gunned down in the hallway. If we can plant a bug on him, maybe he can lead us back to Cortez. Unless Cortez gets to him before we find a bug and place it on the man. But if we want to try to track that hovercar, we have to leave immediately."

Nawa turns to Jager thoughtfully.

"Got a ride we can borrow?" he says with a grin.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Wait, wait, wait...do you have any idea how pissed the upper echelons will be if we just go gunning after Cortez? We don't want to create a big situation with G-Swittzy or whoever that is.

Fredrik opens the door to check on the police. Paramedics have arrived and a carefully placing the injured man onto a stretcher. That man will be taken back into Eurodyne custody. Take him to the closest Eurodyne medical center. Tell them he's a level five. The medics roll their eyes and agree. A hospital is a hospital. They know he will receive top notch medical care, but whatever happens after...

Jager steps back into the room. You guys are going to follow this lead. Let Khan Cortez run for now. I'll start digging up whatever I can on him. You should do the same.

He leaves the room and pushes a cop out of his way. He turns to shout down the hallway. Find your own ride. There's no way I'm letting you smash up mine.
    Last edited by Perducci; 2008-02-09 at 02:37 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ryouta sighed, the weapon vanishing the second the police arrived. He had wanted to be out of here before the police arrived.

Perfect. Just Perfect. Jager had even managed to give away that they were Eurodyne.

Damned Westerners, no sense of subtlety.

"We had best be moving." said Ryouta, leaving the hotel via the stairs.

As the group left the premises out of sight (and earshot), Ryouta bows his head slightly and apologises to the group. "I apologise for my actions. I have not worked with Jager before. I did not know he was such a fool."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

"No apologies are necessary. Although I was fairly worried that the police would be a problem. Jager managed to divert them fairly well. At least, it beats another firefight." Nawa looks around the area. A part of him worries that Cortez might already be planning an ambush on them. Although he feels fairly safe...for the moment.

"What do we do now? Is there somebody we can go to for more information about Cortez?"

9. - Top - End - #39

"Don't worry about it." Saya turns to the others. "So where to we start? He didn't give us much to go on."
    The surface of the Earth is the shore of the cosmic ocean. Recently we've waded a little way out, and the water seems inviting. - Carl Sagan

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I think you are not considering all the facts on the table. Cortez is Swizzy's right hand man." says Ryouta, following the others and ensuring there was nobody about to overhear his little idea.

"This means that it was Swizzy himself who was responsible for this betrayal. Cortez alone could not have organised for the contingency - Orange Sherbet." he continues, placing emphasis on the codeword.

"Unfortunately, it looks like Swizzy has overstepped his bounds. What we require is plausible deniability. There are more ways than one to skin a cat, as the westerners say."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

"We need to find somebody who knows what's going on within Swizzy's ranks, then. But who?" Nawa tries to remember anybody he knows he might know a thing or two about Swizzy, but no one comes to mind.

12. - Top - End - #42

"I suppose uh.. breaking into Swizzy's place and snooping around is out of the question, right?"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I'd really like to find out some more information before we go breaking into Swizzy's place." Nawa scratches his chin thoughtfully as he wonders what to do next.

"Maybe we can just start interrogating more of Swizzy's goons? Eurodyne will get as much information as they can out of the grenadier, but perhaps we could do a little interrogation of our own?"