Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Darik City: The City's Finest

Spoiler
    Show
    Yee.
    Fort saves:
    Kikkendekken: (1d20+2)[5](7)
    Thump: (1d20+7)[19](26)
    We'll see how those go, and work from there.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, and they provoke AoOs entering out squares.
    Kikkendekken: (1d20+3)[7](10)
    Kikkendekken (morningstar): (1d6)[5](5)
    Thump: (1d20+4)[10](14)
    Thump (claw): (1d4+2)[4](6)
    ----------------------------------
    Thump strength check: (1d20+2)[9](11)
    Thump reflex save: (1d20+6)[20](26)
    Kikkendekken reflex: (1d20+4)[16](20)

With Kikkendekken re-experiencing his breakfast from earlier, thump is left leaderless. He'd seen his master attacking someone before, and so charges forward. Though the press of the crowd slows him, he does nothing but struggle valiantly against their numbers, making a full-round move toward the shadowy figure.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yomruzz tumble check: (1d20+7)[19](26)

Yomruzz dances his(her) way through the panicking throng again, growing closer still to the shadowy figure, his(her) fist balled in frustration. This guy was going down. Blinking out of his sight, she struck out at the figure.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is assuming she can catch up this turn :She tumbles forward, uses a ghost step, and hits hard. Attack rolls next post.
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2008-03-05 at 03:05 AM.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #93

Spoiler
    Show
    Yomruzz attack!
    Attack roll: (1d20+4)[11](15)
    Damage: (1d8+1)[5](6)
    Sudden strike: (2d6)[4][5](9)
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

((powerful build says that i have the same reach as a medium creature, but the goliath counts as one size larger than he actually is for determining size modifiers for an opposed check (such as bull rush, grapple and trip) if doing so is advantageous to him))

Spoiler
    Show
    fortitude check: (1d20+8)[2](10)
    strength check: (1d20+6)[11](17)

Illikan could not understand what was wrong with these people, they had completely ignored the fact that he was on officer of the law, they were even now close to trampling him and his friends...who knows how many people might get trampled today. He never thought his actions would have such an effect! It was all Ratso's fault. That damn lawless scum and his rats had scared the crowd into a frenzy. Now those rats were biting on his heels, he didn't care, he could see his querry and he was going to get it, no matter what! He continued to plow his way through the crowd. He considered jumping over the crowds, he though back on all his jumps to see if he could make it. Could he?

((How far am I? If possible i'd like to take advantage of the goliath's ability to treat standing long and high jumps as running ones. The question is if i jump can i do it in such a way to jump over the crowd and hit Ratso ala leap attack but without the x2 to attack? Also, would the DC be set at something impossibly epic? my check is +13, but because i make a running jump(standing, but running due to goliath's ability) with 40 speed i get +4 to the roll, so 1d20+17...does my character knowing his ability consider it possible that such a feat will succeed?))
    Last edited by kemmotar; 2008-03-05 at 09:39 AM.
    "God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." (Good Omens - Terry Pratchett)

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

((reflex: (1d20+5)[18](23)))
    "God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules, and who smiles all the time." (Good Omens - Terry Pratchett)

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I'm using a longsword.
    And should all be the same, I'll have another go at the rats.
    Spoiler
    Show

(d20+10)[12]
    (d8)[6]

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

whoops, fort. save!
    Spoiler
    Show
    d20+3

8. - Top - End - #98
    Halfling in the Playground

Hallam knows that any attempts at calming the crowds is useless, you'd need far more than they could bring in to ever hope doing something like that. Instead he keeps trying to plow through the crowd. He realizes that he will not be able to catch Ratso, the criminal being too fast for him to catch. Instead he hopes to reach and aid Imber against the rats, because now that they are at it they could as well try to get rid of this rodent infestation.

(1d20+2)[20](22) strength check
    (1d20+2)[17](19) reflex save

^^
    '¨'

(O)(O)
    V^^V

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

((Bad news: Kikkendekken and Ilikan fail the Fort save. (How does a Monk fail a DC 12 fort save? ) Good news: you won't take the ability damage for at least a day.))

Kikkendekken's morningstar hits a rare blank spot between the rats, and although Thump slashes at the rats with his claws, it appears to do little damage.

Inber's sword seems to be doing very little to the swarm of rats below him, while his first strike sliced through a couple, his second just seemed to part the wave a bit before it closed up.

Yomruzz's attack hits home, causing a deep wound in a vital spot despite the creature's stealth. It cries out in pain.

Hallam manages to push his way through the crowd and get to the rat swarm bothering Inber.

((Ilikan: You're now 25 feet away from the shadow. Since you didn't make the STR check last time, you could only move at half speed and therefore lost a bit of ground. Luckily, Yomruzz (or rather I should say what looks like a complete stranger to you) has caught up and is doing vicious damage.))

((This also wasn't in initiative order. I'll post the enemies' actions in a bit Anyone who hasn't gone this round please feel free to post unless you're waiting to see what else happens.))

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Charging three hundred volts. Ready, and... CLEAR!
    *bzzzt*

11. - Top - End - #101
    Halfling in the Playground

((are there any civilians amidst the rat swarm? if not then Hallam will plant a sound burst in the middle of the swarm. That should do away with most of the trouble with swarm number that one.))

^^
    '¨'

(O)(O)
    V^^V

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.