New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Seas of Baleria

Varamin doesn't have any more of the coins on his person.

As Kryss puts on the amulet, she can feel her mind expanding ever so slightly, and she seems to notice things she hadn't before. [OOC: Kryss gains a +2 enhancement bonus to Wisdom.]

By spending some time examining the chain and the boots, Cyrus is able to decipher their use.

The chain is an amulet of teamwork, a trinket that enhances cooperative strikes. [OOC: Flanking bonus on attack rolls improves to +3, you and allies flanking an enemy gain a +2 bonus on damage, and once per day as a swift action you can give a +5 competence bonus to AC to an adjacent ally for one round.]

The boots appear to be boots of the battle charger. This footwear allows the wearer to charge quickly across difficult terrain. [OOC: Twice per day as a swift action you may charge as a standard action, although you can only move up to your speed instead of twice your speed. If you have an enhancement bonus to Dexterity, these quick charges ignore difficult terrain and can move through squares occupied by allies.]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Adun and Varamin

When Adun finally gets moving again he slowly stands staring at the leather bands around his wrists. The gentle sway of the ocean leaves his body as his wrists begin to unravel into a thick blue-ish black smoke that seems to mesh with his fell crown. For a moment he seems to be struggling with pain until he throws his head back in a fit of laughter as bright souls stream into his body. Some even try to flee but the vortex of energy gathers them around him until a sickly gray robe drapes over his shoulders. Along the hem at his wrists and at the bottom brilliant blue lines of incarnum shift ever so slightly along the ethereal cloth.

He flexes his fingers and the palest of blue arcs of energy dance between his fingertips before corrupting into a near black infused with traces of azure. The fell weaver of souls looks to the others, "Now that we are on our feet, come close. I can heal your wounds but..." He looks to Aster, "My guests will not be aiding me willingly. I may fall unconscious but if I go slow enough and you keep your aura operating I should be fine." His hand darts out to the closest person and he grabs ahold of them with an icy grip that seems to draw away life force before a lance of pure unyielding vitality rips through them.

This boon does indeed come with a price, however, and Adun feels it even before he can take his hand away.The first one makes it look as though someone is trying to claw their way out of his flesh from the chest but after a moment it fades. Adun is winded but presses on to the next to repeat the process and this time he is greeted with an ethereal sword pushing out from his gut and slashing him open from within. The wound is only skin deep and not fatal by itself but the pain rips through the incarnate as he leans against a conveniently placed Varamin. With each use compacted into such a short time the attacks on his body from within only look to become more severe as the brilliant souls of great crusaders and paladins resist being used by such a foul man. At last his icy grip falls away from the final comrade and he slumps to the ground with a great scythe leaping from within to tear out of his knee and slice right straight up through his body and out the back of his head.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lifebond Vestments.
    Use Rapid Meldshaping to replace Sailor's Bracers as a full round action that provokes AoO's
    Lifebond Vestments allow me to touch someone (a standard action) and heal them for my meldshaper level plus 5E while I take half damage rounded up. I can only affect the same person once per hour.
    3 essentia is allocated to the vestments.
    Maximum of 23 healing to each target.
    Maximum 12 damage taken per target.
    Go slowly enough to recover between uses.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

The wound on his shoulder gone, Cyrus watches in awe as his comrade finishes his work. "Adun, that may have been one of the most nightmarish things I've seen." He puts his hand against his own chest and pushes, the bruise and the cold were gone. "The results are outstanding though. Could you do me one last favor..." He goes to his discarded gear, trying to lift it half heartedly at first, but having to resort to every ounce of strength left in him to get them off it off the ground. "...and order your new pack mule to luge this around as well?"

Once everything is in order, Cyrus double checks his gear. Even now he felt a bit heavier then he would prefer, but there was nothing he do about it now. "Let's see what Murmur set up for us then..."
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kryss

She looks rather odd with the second, bloodied and torn, shirt over her other, far larger one, and the strange gauntlets which look more fitting for an armored warrior than a flying pirate.

The mismatched effect of it all seems to fit her expression while she watches Adun's work - a mixture of surprise, horror, wonder, and joy. Maybe one day she can get that to work, too - who knows what she can do? Well, theres one thing she can do.

She leans down to Grace, pinching her face and grinning into it, "Who's goan take her?" She looks at the rest of the troupe, "A hostage'll do us wonders if that hoggly lass run told town on us a-comin'."
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Adun HP: 35/61 AC: 22 Land Speed: 20'+15'
    +Varamin HP: 15/15 AC: 22+1 Land Speed: 20'*+10'

The zombie had actually already started gathering up the gear and any unwanted items to array them about himself. When Kryss asks who intends to carry Grace the zombie strides over and has her over its shoulders without even a word. Silent bugger is so efficient he's damn near one step ahead.

Spoiler
    Show
    Essentia:12 (-4) (E=Essentia Invested) Capacity 3, +1 for bold
    Soulmelds:
    [0] Lifebond Vestments: 1/hour per creature heal for meldshaper level +5E and take half damage rounded up.
    [3] Dissolving Spittle: 1d6 acid damage at 60ft ranged touch. +Ed6
    [1] Necrocarnate Weapon: Melee weapon=Evil. +E damage. +E confirm crit. Vs Living only
    [1] Necrocarnate Circlet: Blindsight vs Undead 30ft. +E turn resist to undead w/in 30ft
    [Bound]: Create Arstor, Necrocarnum Zombie Aristocrat
    [3] Cerulean Sandals: Walk on Water. +5E to land speed.
    [Bound]: Dimension Door 70ft per day in increments of 10. Soulmeld Unshapes after total has been used. [70/70 remaining]

Feats: Capacity: 2 (change E only once per 24hrs)
    [2] Healing Soul: E/day heal 2Ehp as swift [0/2]
    [2] Midnight Dodge: Dodge for +E to AC

Varamin's Essentia Investment: Capacity: 1 Essentia: 1+(See Circlet)
    [1] Incarnum Defence: +E to AC and Saves
    [1] Incarnum Speed: +10E to speed and +2E to Initiative

*Speed reduced to Medium Load while carrying Grace.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-03-29 at 11:35 PM.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Asterisque

"On we go then." Aster picks a microscopic speck of dust off her collar and moves out, her eyes bright and alive as they survey her allies. A hand in her pocket, she squeezes the mysterious coins and whispers a silent prayer to Veraaan that this will soon make sense.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP 68/90

Current Draconic Aura: Swiftness (+10ft Climb/Swim/Fly)
    Official World's Most Unbalanced DM. My characters had a Ring of Three Wishes at 3rd level.

Official World's Most Dense Players. They wished for slightly better armor and gloves.

Pushing Daisies avie pushed into place by Baboon Army.