New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Banned

Default Re: Thrane with Giant Robots Part Deux: What does "Deux" Mean?

((Mags gave me the greenlight on that when I converted the character. So I'm assuming that it's still okay.))

2. - Top - End - #542
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gorby

*private comms* "Right! Watch for the inevitable ambush."

*public speakers* "Ohhh, yes. Think it'll be fun.

BLOODY HELLSTORM STRIKE!"

Gorby rushes forward, slicing down with his sword as blood, fire, and electricity burst from it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Blade of Blood (Gorby takes 5 damage to enhance it)
    Move: Close into Melee
    Standard: Arcane Channeling Strike (Shocking Grasp)

Gorby hits AC 28 (31 if the attack bonus for using Shocking Grasp on metal armor applies) for 32 base damage + 1 fire damage + 17 elec damage)

Init: 23
    Attack: Attack; Base Damage; Blood Damage; Flame Damage; Elec Damage (1d20+14=28, 3d8+12=22, 3d6=10, 1d6=1, 5d6=17)
    PCs: Horacio, Gorby, Helionaluxis

3. - Top - End - #543

BlackDragon

(Hm, damn, I was hoping Shay would contribute. You still with us 'Roe?)

Mournbringer tilts his head to one side in puzzlement just before Rennac and Casfal unload their magic launchers at him. Two brilliant ribbons of energy streak across the intervening space to impact with the warforged like a bomb, throwing up a spray of debris and a brief wall of flame. Seconds later Gorby arrives at ground zero and brings down his sword, cutting a fiery swathe through whatever's left.

The dust slowly settles, and the warforged's eyes shine like twin red suns. Gorby's sword is lodged in a deep gash in Mournbringer's left shoulder, and much of the scrollwork on his armor has been seared off or obscured by dirt.

Mournbringer reaches up with his left arm and shrugs the massive sword off before making what you guess is a backhanded swing at Gorby's Terran with his morningstar. The motion is too fast to follow completely and almost before its over the gear is sent sprawling backwards with a deep rent in the middle of its breastplate.

Mournbringer says nothing.

(Gorby is knocked back fifteen feet but not prone and takes 38 damage before DR.)
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

4. - Top - End - #544
    Banned

Damn it! Deploying funnels! Casfal leaps back, away from Mournbringer, leaving his funnels behind, then fires again. Hit him hard!

Spoiler
    Show
    Designating Mournbringer for purposes of Dodge, raising AC to 31 (18 touch). Switching to psycommu stance and deploying funnels.

Using the leading the attack strike; attack roll 1d20+11=27, damage 4d10+3=29. If Casfal hits, Shay, Gorby, and Rennac all get a +4 morale bonus to attack rolls against Mournbringer this round.

5. - Top - End - #545

Gorby

Gorby chuckles maniacally as he keeps his balance and advances on Mournbringer again.

"The look on your face! You mean you didn't *snrk* KNOW? Even after we sent one of yer boys back lookin' like he got chewed up by a keep tower? Geez, what kind of morons do you have for scouts?!

"But since I feel sorry for you, here's the short of it: we're the Karmic Cavalry and yer on the wrong end of the stick. TIVRUSKY!"

Gorby winds up like a batter and takes a wild swing at Mournbringer, magic & lightning & fire dancing across his blade as it homes in on a chink in his armor.

"SAHWING BATTA SLAM!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action: Quick Cast True Strike
    Move action: Get within melee range of Mournbringer (trying not to block the others' LoS)
    Standard action: Channel Shocking Grasp w/ 2 Burnt Lvl. 2 spells

Attack hits AC 42 (AC 46 if Casfal hits) for 39 base damage, 18 magical damage, 2 fire damage, 19 electric damage.
    Total damage before reduction/resistance: 78

Attack; Base Damage; Fire Damage; Elec Damage; Magic Damage (1d20+33=42, 3d8+22=39, 1d6=2, 5d6=19, 4d6=18)

6. - Top - End - #546
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rennac huffs and reshoulders his magic launcher. He fires a second salvo on Casfal's call, following it up with some ineffective secondary fire from his unit's head launchers.
    Spoiler
    Show

To hit: 1d20+14, 1d20+6, 1d20+6=[15, 14], [1, 6], [5, 6]
    TH: 29, 7, 11.
    If Casfal hits: 33, 11, 15.
    Magic launcher damage: 4d10+3=28
    Terrence Randall and the Kinslayer by NEO|Phyte
    Dencamp Bertrande takes a bow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Terrence Randall by The Stoney One

Rennac Belnades by Lord Iames.

7. - Top - End - #547

BlackDragon

Rennac's magic blasts strike Mournbringer dead-on. He seems to move backwards slightly, forced backwards by the sheer momentum of the attacks digging grooves in the soil with his feet.

His eyes flash briefly as he raises his head to regard Gorby's mech more squarely.

"... oh, that was you."

Casfal's attack lands a fraction of a second later. Mournbringer actually takes half a step back this time, and the force of the blast shatters the chain of his morningstar. He has little time to comment on this before Gorby deliver's his blow, striking the warforged square on the forehead and blasting a crater into the earth with Mounrbringer's body.

The warforged's eyes dim for a moment before he reaches up, seizes the sword that has just cut a deep groove in his helmet, and yanks, pulling the Terran far downwards enough that he can slam his right fist directly into the mech's fuselage.

"Die."

The crossbow-like weapon on his arm glows and launches a beam of dazzling violet light that goes through the terran's armor as though it wasn't even there and drills a diamter inch hole in Gorby's chest before passing out through the other side of him.

(That's flavor text, not a grapple check. Gorby, as in the meaty pilot himself and not the gear, takes 15 damage that bypasses damage reduction.)
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

8. - Top - End - #548

"You.... you... did all this?!" It almost looks like Shay's Terran is trembling with fury.

"You... worthless... thing! The only good left in you is your base components! And I'll rip them apart!" The wooden behemoth lurches toward Mournbringer and flies at him.

"SEISMIC RUSH!"

Spoiler
    Show
    THIS is a grapple check.

Rage!
    Touch - (1d20+13)[24]

Nonlethal damage - (1d6+5)[8]

He'll get an attack of opportunity, but with his morningstar gone, he'll need to do at least 10 points of damage with his slam attack to make my grapple fail.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

9. - Top - End - #549

Spoiler
    Show
    No wait, this is my ACTUAL grapple check.

Grapple - (1d20+23)[42]

10. - Top - End - #550

Gorby

"-gack-"

Gorby acks as the bolt pierces him; coughs mix with his cackling.

"An armor-bypasser?! Interesting! *gasp* But die from it? Heh, either way I win here. Let's see who falls first!"

He brings the stick down again. Blood, fire, lightning, magic... geez, how much is he channeling into his sword?!

"GAME OF MEGA CHICKEN! WHOSE POULTRY WILL BE FRIED FIRST?!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Blade of Blood (Gorby takes 5 damage to enhance it)
    Move: Get into flanking with Shay
    Standard: Arcane Channeling Strike (Shocking Grasp), plus L3 Spell Channel (6 Lvl 0s), spend an Action Point on Hit

Gorby hits AC 33 for 34 base damage + 16 blood damage + 6 fire damage + 14 elec damage + 8 magic damage.
    Total Damage: 78

Base Attack (+Flank), Base Damage, Blood Damage, Fire Damage, Shock Damage (1d20+14=24, 3d8+24=34, 3d6=16, 1d6=6, 5d6=14)
    Action Point (+Hit) (1d6=6)
    +3 Hit from magic channeling
    Magic Damage (3d6=8)

11. - Top - End - #551
    Banned

((Since Shay hasn't rolled initiative yet, I'm going to assume it comes after Casfal's. If this turns out not to be the case, I reserve the right to change what actions my character takes, since whether or not the enemy is being grappled changes my options.))

Funnels, assault mode! Casfal blasts away with his main gun, and the funnels add their own shots.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Launcher Attack: 1d20+11=29, 4d10+1=21 should be 4d10+3, so 23 damage.
    Funnel Attacks: 1d20+12=13, 1d10+1=8, 1d20+12=23, 1d10+1=2 Damn.

Psycommu Stance Duration: 1/5 rounds

12. - Top - End - #552

Rennac snarls and surges forward, dropping his launcher as he pushes past Gorby and tries to plant his blade squarely in Mournbringer's chest.
    "Would someone get the Martyr Goblin out of here?!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Free drop, move draw, swift to use Burning Blade, standard charge.
    1d20+18=27
    That includes +2 for charge, and +2 for an assumed flank line-up. Hopefully I'll connect given he's grappled.
    Damage:
    Base: 3d6+18=35
    Bonus damage against constructs: 1d6=3
    Maneuver damage (fire): 1d6+5=7
    Total: 45 damage

"Worry about me," Rennac hisses like the acrid smoke burning off his sword.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #553

Here we go.

Initiative - (1d20+3)[13]

14. - Top - End - #554

Gorby

"Martyr?!" Gorby cackle-coughs. "Like the sound of that! Hey brother, fight ya for him!"

Gorby smashes Mournbringer Rennac's way.

(Flavor text ahoy!

Why do I see Gorby & Rennac beating Mournbringer between each other like a giant metal pinata as Shay hangs on and tries to strangle him to death?

Mournbringer: "I AM NOT AMUSED!")

15. - Top - End - #555

BlackDragon

(Going on the assumption that Shay is acting on this turn with everybody else because anything else would be too confusing.)

Rennac rushes into melee as Casfal's blaster bolts rain down, striking sparks and sending up smoke from Mournbringer as he takes the blow to the chest with a backwards stumble. Immediately afterwards Gorby's blow sends Mournbringer stumbling forwards.

The warforged seems not to object to this idea and turns his forward momentum into a shoulder check that knocks the legs out from under Rennac's mech and drops it to the ground. Mournbringer looks like he's about to start ripping through the gear's armor with his bare hands before Shay comes out of nowhere and plucks him off the ground like an angry teddy bear.

"What!?"

He squirms, but unable to bring his crossbow to bear, he finds himself incapable of doing anymore than planting a few dents in the Terran's arms before letting out a sigh of supreme annoyance and raising his voice.

"Now, you idiots!"

Five huge warforged with gold-trimmed forest-green armor carrying enormous battleaxes smash their way out of the remains of the burning village and converge on your location.

(Nobody takes any damage to speak of, but Rennac's gear is knocked prone. The new 'forged act after Shay. Top of the round.)

16. - Top - End - #556
    Banned

Reinforcements! Casfal shouts, bringing his launcher to bear on the nearest battle-axe wielding 'forged and firing. The funnels dart over, firing their own beams. Casfal then leaps away to escape the encircling enemies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Launcher: 1d20+11=30, 4d10+3=27
    Funnel Attack 1: 1d20+12=31, 1d10+1=11, Funnel Attack 2: 1d20+12=31, 1d10+1=5
    Move 150 ft.

17. - Top - End - #557

(Caution: TL;DR inbound.)
    Rennac growls as he performs a dancelike kick of his feet to return the Sprachen to its feet. From a crouch, he keys his comm.
    "Shay, get ready to drop the son of a bitch before he trashes your gear. Casfal...leave the reinforcements to me for the moment. I think the cavalry will be here soon."

With that his gear uncoils like a snake, launching into the air. Arcing black bolts radiates out from the cockpit in a wave. Rennac's long, inhuman roar is only improved by the crackling of the public comm crystal, accompanying the energy coalescing on the gear. It actually hangs in the air a moment--with an earsplitting shriek the black energy coalesces into two great black fonts of flame burning from the back of the Sprachen, vast, wildly-burning wings of pure sable darkness. Rennac and gear fall to earth with a great crash, and the pinions of hellflame fall almost lazily over its shoulders like an ebon cloak. The gear raises its head to regard Mournbringer's warforged as the energy disperses in a wave, blowing debris from the destroyed town in a pulse of wind.

"Bring it."

Spoiler
    Show

</tl;dr>
    Of course, it's much less badass to say that Rennac stands with a move action, drops his stance as a free, initiates it again with a swift, and now radiates a fearful presence the rest of Mournbringer's crew has to save against. Mourny himself is off free assuming he saved, because it's RAW Fearful Presence. He's immune for the rest of the day.
    With his standard Rennac makes an intimidate check--hopefully. If anyone is affected by it their fear stage goes up another tier after the presence. If I roll well (HA! HA HA!) I may just scare some of them away for a while.

Things You Need To Know:
    Stance: Rennac initiates Demonic Presence, gains Fearful Presence with a Will save DC of 17. As they're bearing down on us that should affect the henchmen. The aura will last five turns.
    Intimidate: Intimidate an enemy with your check versus their modified level check (1d20+level/HD+Wis+modifiers vs. fear.) By RAW you can only intimidate an enemy that you threaten in melee combat, in which case I'll ready my standard to do the Intimidate check. If my Intimidate exceeds their level check, they're shaken (or their fear is worsened.)
    THE ACTUAL ROLLS
    1d20+6=23
    Action Point: 1d6=3
    Total: 26 Intimidate. If the Sprachen is larger by a size category, +4 for 30. If by two, +8 for 34.
    Last edited by ExHunterEmerald; 2009-03-06 at 03:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #558

Gorby

*internal comms*

"Heh *cough*, sorry to leave you holding the bot, Shay, but one more shot with that phase bolter and I won't be in any shape to contribute. Think you can give Mr. Sadist the Annoying B*stard treatment while we fend off the mooks? Just imagine he's me if it helps.

"I've blown my wad for the day, so I'm just down to good old-fashioned violence anyway.

"And if worse comes to worse, well... it's been one helluva week with you guys."

Gorby charges one of the loners.

*public comms*

"EAT IT!"

(How large are these new warforged compared to us?)

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge. (Gorby's AC is 23 until his next turn.)

Since Gorby's pretty low on health right now, he's trying to avoid unnecessary conflict. Well, reduce it, at least. He wants to choose a target that'll keep him away from the other 4 & Mournbringer's phase bolter. He's hoping to get into a 1-on-1 while the others annoy his teammates. They'd probably be close enough for him to move-attack into a good positi-

And of course I think of that after I roll. Ah well, Gorby always was impulsive.

Hits AC 30 for 34 physical damage, 4 fire damage.
    Total damage: 38

Attack, Base Damage, Fire Damage (1d20+16=30, 3d8+12=34, 1d6=4)

19. - Top - End - #559

BlackDragon

(Hrrf. Wanted Shay to do something, considering she's holding the major antagonist in the air and I really can't have him do anything until I know what she's doing and... ah screw it. Plan B.)

Mournbringer's compatriot are, sadly, only Larg-ish, and so quite rightly intimidated by Rennac's display and promptly trounced by Casfal and Gorby's assaults. PUlling themselves to their feet, they look at one another uncertainly, until one of them stands up straighter and brandishes his axe in the enemy's general direction.

"You're not that big!"

The enemy warforged then proceed to run towards each other, and through a complicated series of goemetric conversions, they combine to form a single Gigantic construct, wielding a simply monolithic timber axe.

"Now, THIS is big."

(I'm going to hell for this, but it's been a fun ride.)

20. - Top - End - #560
    Banned

Wait... why didn't we attack them while they were combining? Casfal wonders. Hah! Size isn't everything, you've just made yourself a bigger target! After reloading his magic launcher, Casfal fires.

Spoiler
    Show
    Psycommu Stance Duration 3/5
    Move action to reload magic launcher
    Magic Launcher Attack: 1d20+11=22, 4d10+3=23
    Funnel Attacks: 1d20+12=29, 1d10+1=3, 1d20+12=30, 1d10+1=2

21. - Top - End - #561

Gorby

"They COMBINE!" Gorby forgets his wounds for a moment, his eyes sparkling with glee. "Look at that! It's marvelous!"

Gorby goes into a guard stance, looking up at the towering figure. "So, how do you decide who controls it? Did you choose the smartest one, or is it just the bossiest? And how'd you choose who goes where? Did you have to draw straws to decide who had to be the legs, or did you just beat up the weak ones until they submitted?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Gorby goes total defense (AC increases to 29) and keeps away from Bot Bunyan as he tries to incite sibling rivalry among the combining mechs.

Sorry, I saw the possibility and couldn't resist.

22. - Top - End - #562

BlackDragon

(Okay. Yeah. I have really no idea what to do now. Half the group can't even be bothered to post, and I don't know if that's me or what. I know part of it is the board, but I take it from the lack of reponse to my suggestion that we move that it's not a popular option. Never mind that the instant I moved the Sharn game to Myth Weavers the site BLEW UP. So yeah. What do you guys think? Is it worth trying anymore?)

23. - Top - End - #563

(I'm up for continuing.)

24. - Top - End - #564
    Banned

((I'm willing to continue, too, even to move to Mythweavers.

And Mythweavers is back, although the old links may not work anymore))

25. - Top - End - #565

(It most definitely has a lot to do with these goddamn boards. I've been trying for four days to get on and even now it took roughly four times for the reply button click to feel like going through. The problem is my schedule only permits me time to reply on a few days, and this isn't the first time the board has gone down on those days. I AM in favor of continuing, and I'd really like Slade to come with since Shay is all that in a can. Moving to Myth Weavers (which was upgrading their server, btw) or Plothook would do me fine.)
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566

BlackDragon

Yeah, it took me like five tries to post this. We're jumping ship.

And since I already have a game set up in Myth Weavers, I figure there's no reason not to use that... if -that- place goes down again, though, one of you is going to have to hunt me down because I'll be in the cheapest bar I can find, completely smashed and sitting in a corner muttering about gremlins.

You go in the threads with "Thrane" on them.