New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1338535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 2541
  1. - Top - End - #1861
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

I've decided to make a Fat Fish Fury comic. Please do not make anything related to the main plot.

I've decided to do something else.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-04-18 at 11:28 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1862
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XIX: To FAIL, or not to FAIL?

I wish it was still random and fun... We hardly see jokes anymore, Keris' comic was like a breath of fresh air.
    ____

3. - Top - End - #1863
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    I wish it was still random and fun... We hardly see jokes anymore, Keris' comic was like a breath of fresh air.
    I miss the good ol' days back in ABR III when we had just started the plot and nothing ever made sence.

4. - Top - End - #1864
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I miss the good ol' days back in ABR III when we had just started the plot and nothing ever made sence.
    Like where Salmon tried dating Treeshades, but then Leroy and Treeshades... And then Treeshades and that other fish... And Salmon almost killed Leroy?
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

5. - Top - End - #1865
    Troll in the Playground

*cries in corner*

Random dude: Look at that! Yall' made a little girl cry.

Me:... I'm a guy you jack as*.

Random dude:My apologies little girl.

Me: Fireball.
    ____

6. - Top - End - #1866
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Yes, I know that. I'm not saying a character of a different race is racist on it's own.

But his albino has RED EYES! I'm pretty sure only abino animals have red eyes. I have yet to meet any human, albino or otherwise, with red eyes.
    Albinism is the partial or complete lack of pigment in a living thing. That means skin, hair, and eyes. The skin would then be white, same with the hair, but the eyes are red because of all the blood vessels inside the iris.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

7. - Top - End - #1867
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    Like where Salmon tried dating Treeshades, but then Leroy and Treeshades... And then Treeshades and that other fish... And Salmon almost killed Leroy?
    Yeah! I DEMAND RANDOMNESS! We must get back to how we once were!
    Have we all forgotten the motto?

"Madness? MADNESS?!?
    This.
    IS!
    ABR!!!"

*signs my name on a pice of Paper*

Nameless.

Who's with me?!? O_e
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-04-18 at 09:34 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1868

HalfOrcPirate

*Burns the piece of paper.* I'M WITH YOU! WOOHOO! ANARCHY!
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

9. - Top - End - #1869
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    I've decided to make a Fat Fish Fury comic. Please do not make anything related to the main plot.
    I've got a comic in progress at this moment, but it doesn't change much. Nameless can attest that I started it before you posted as I was IMing him at the time.

Anarchy =/= Chaos

10. - Top - End - #1870
    Titan in the Playground

Falgorn, you were supposed to sign your name on that paper... It was a patition.

You weren't supposed to burn it...

11. - Top - End - #1871
    Troll in the Playground

YEAH! Only I can set crap on fire!
    ____

12. - Top - End - #1872

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Well, Dekopin could well be enjoying herself, so she could be having fun. The entire situation is a joke, several people have found it funny, and having closed the portal (which is now in a stable state), it is most definitely affecting the story. You were even planning to have the Shades visit the Plane, which would most certainly sever a story purpose.
    I thought it was funny...

13. - Top - End - #1873

HalfOrcPirate

Falgorn, you were supposed to sign your name on that paper... It was a patition.

You weren't supposed to burn it...
    Ohhh...*Signs on a new paper.* Awesome. And I've never heard of a patition, only petitions.
    Last edited by Falgorn; 2009-04-18 at 09:42 AM.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

14. - Top - End - #1874

So gods are immune to incarnum?

Anyway, making a new comic. Oliver's going to the ethereal plane to the base of operations for the planar journeymen. There's been a disturbance in the natural planar scheme (Igon Minoblendy summoning a portal to the plane of incarnum), so all of the planar journeymen (and women) have to report in.

15. - Top - End - #1875
    Ogre in the Playground

Everybody can survive Incarnum. But no-one, I repeat, absolutely no-one, can survive the Plane of Incarnum.

Quote Originally Posted by ABR Wiki
    There is no entity or material (other than Incarnum, obviously), even deities, capable of existing for more than a few instants in this location.
    And Magic Physics deals with the supernatural, yes. It's not because we can study it that it suddenly becomes natural.

16. - Top - End - #1876

Originally Posted by ABR Wiki
    There is no entity or material (other than Incarnum, obviously), even deities, capable of existing for more than a few instants in this location.
    So if you pop in and out every few seconds, you can survive?

Blink-Level 3 spell.

17. - Top - End - #1877
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not sure if a Standard Action is short enough...seriously I'd avoid the place in general, but I'm willing to assume that Dekopin doesn't follow the laws of physics (Even those governing magic and Incarnum) as defined within Avbaroy's planar universe, not unlike how the overdeities (Which is why that quotation specifically notes deities, but doesn't mention "over-" variants) don't function by the physical laws of any planar universe.

At least in order that we get things moving.

But for Boccob's sake...don't open that door without any protective magic
    Last edited by Lyinginbedmon; 2009-04-18 at 10:02 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1878

HalfOrcPirate

Hey, I just saw where MM is from! I went to Montreal a few months ago...all the people there were mean to me.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

19. - Top - End - #1879

I love Montreal. It's nine-bajillion times better than Toronto. I've got to go back there again soon. Toronto hockey sucks. I still consider Montreal my hometown though, even though I only lived there for the first three years of my life.

20. - Top - End - #1880

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    I'm not sure if a Standard Action is short enough...seriously I'd avoid the place in general, but I'm willing to assume that Dekopin doesn't follow the laws of physics (Even those governing magic and Incarnum) as defined within Avbaroy's planar universe, not unlike how the overdeities (Which is why that quotation specifically notes deities, but doesn't mention "over-" variants) don't function by the physical laws of any planar universe.

At least in order that we get things moving.

Sorry for the double post.

I think I've found a way around this finally. What if oliver emanated an aura of nothing. Not air, nothing. Absolutely no atoms, no incarnum, etc. If it constantly came forth from his body, then the incarnum wouldn't go into the aura. The incarnum would not touch him, thus, no danger.

21. - Top - End - #1881
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of Gray View Post
    I think I've found a way around this finally. What if oliver emanated an aura of nothing. Not air, nothing. Absolutely no atoms, no incarnum, etc. If it constantly came forth from his body, then the incarnum wouldn't go into the aura. The incarnum would not touch him, thus, no danger.
    ...eh what?

You're saying that by emanating nothing, he could survive?

I'm not sure how that works.

22. - Top - End - #1882
    Ogre in the Playground

I have an idea about the Shades battle:

At the end of the battle, Almighty Salmon causes (by accident) the Shades to go through the portal, bursting the door and killing them. Igon can't close the portal, and it starts to pour Plane of Incarnum essence into the world, destroying everything in its path. Before fleeing, however, Igon manages to stabilise the portal a bit, massively slowing the Incarnum flow.

Essentially, Dekopin doomed Avbaroy by her actions.

23. - Top - End - #1883

Okay... I'm going to need to do a diagram.

24. - Top - End - #1884
    Troll in the Playground

I have an idea about the Shades battle:

At the end of the battle, Almighty Salmon causes (by accident) the Shades to go through the portal, bursting the door and killing them. Igon can't close the portal, and it starts to pour Plane of Incarnum essence into the world, destroying everything in its path. Before fleeing, however, Igon manages to stabilise the portal a bit, massively slowing the Incarnum flow.

For a ten year old, you arn't very happy and fun...
    ____

25. - Top - End - #1885
    Ogre in the Playground

Everybody can survive Incarnum. But no-one, I repeat, absolutely no-one, can survive the Plane of Incarnum.
    No-one that Magic Physics knows about.

And Magic Physics deals with the supernatural, yes. It's not because we can study it that it suddenly becomes natural.
    If something is supernatural, then it defies the natural laws. Incarnum follows natural laws, and is part of the "natural" universe in Avbaroy. It's not supernatural when you can make solid definitions about how it works and acts.

I'm willing to assume that Dekopin doesn't follow the laws of physics (Even those governing magic and Incarnum) as defined within Avbaroy's planar universe, not unlike how the overdeities (Which is why that quotation specifically notes deities, but doesn't mention "over-" variants) don't function by the physical laws of any planar universe.
    Thank you Lying. Dekopin isn't an ascended Human Soul, she's something else. What she is may come up in FI, if I decided that she needs more fleshing out than "Random god for the sake of randomness".

I'm agreeing with Lying here. Breaking down the door would be a Very Bad Thing.

EDIT: Blasted slow connection...

I'd prefer Salmon to just kill the Shades with the power of good or whatever, but that could work. However, if you do punt the Shade into the stable pocket Dekopin apparently has on the other side of the Portal, then it's not going to dissolve straight off. And the door can be replaced, so that's not going to doom Avbaroy.
    Last edited by Keris; 2009-04-18 at 10:21 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1886
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yay for actually trying finding a way it would work instead of complaining. Now we need some way the portal will affect the plot without just tossing the shades in. Like maybe Almighty's amulet reacted to the pure incarnum strangely or something. Not that anybodies listening to me...
    @X2: Don't forget me! I'm back at base!

And finally:
    LEAFS SUCK!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

27. - Top - End - #1887
    Troll in the Playground

LEAVES!
    ____

28. - Top - End - #1888

'ere we go.

29. - Top - End - #1889
    Ogre in the Playground

The Plane of Incarnum idea, as I understood it, was not to remove the Epic Battle™, but to have a solution to the Shades nasty manner of coming back from the dead.

So, according to my idea, Epic Battle™ happens, Shades is near finished and crosses the portal, never to be seen again. If Dekopin closed the door, maybe Salmon blinded the Shades and it blindly charged, bursting the door and permanently destroying them. Or something.

^I think the lack of oxygen is not the only problem with the plan.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-04-18 at 10:29 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1890

He has the breathing device. Regardless, why not? He's not touching either low or high incarnum. Thus, no danger. The incarnum can't reach him due to the constant stream of nothing, stopping the incarnum from rushing in like air rushing into an airless room.