New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: A Diamond in the Rough

Spoiler
    Show
    Brennan isn't sure if the Immaculates coming are on Ashri-Ko's orders, or from being turned in by the servants, considering he heard it from the servants.

So he's staying out of the House until Ashri-Ko comes back, or whoever the hell it is comes and he finds out himself.

Brennan nods. "I hate to say this, but you'll probably have to become visible again for me to follow you, or else keep talking so I can follow your voice."

Either way the elemental does it, Brennan easily trots off, following the water elemental as he begins making his way north.

Quickly the two pass outside of the copse of trees, keeping the Imperial Mountain in sight so he knows roughly where he is at. Passing over a plain of gently flowing tall grasses, the water elemental stops Brennan for a moment, revealing a small spring he has to check on.

The spring burbles and bubbles with almost a tune as the elemental touches it and talks with the small god of it, before he diverts the flow slightly more southern as it's erosion was digging too much into the field.

Brennan smiles as he watches, interested at the subtle corrections the elemental makes before they move on.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to, continue or not, but he's trying to stay out long enough that the Immaculates he heard about come by or not. Or Ashri sends someone for them. He still has the coin that Ashri-Ko gave him.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

The day passes to the sounds of the forest and the elemental's gentle voice as he invisibly administers to a dozen different streams, creeks, and springs. The hunting is fairly good, and you easily take several rabbits and could have taken a doe if you had wanted. As the sun begins to set, painting ths sky in brilliant orange and red, the elemental's voice reminds you of your problems. "Shouldn't we be getting back? It's getting late."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

"I guess we need to, although it has been interesting seeing the local area being taken care of. It puts a lot of things into perspective, I think."

Brennan smiles easily in the direction of the invisible voice, having gotten used to speaking with the elemental this way over the course of the day. "I'm thinking I've gotten fairly turned around, so you'll have to lead the way back. I did have a question I'd like to ask while we're on the way back. Do you know who is coming to Ashri-Ko's home tomorrow? I've heard that someone is expected, but if it's another God, I'd like to know. I don't want to look like I just rolled out of a dirt pile."

Brennan grins.

Spoiler
    Show
    They're supposed to be here tomorrow, right? If not, adjust for whenever Brennan heard that someone was coming.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry that I let this go so long. Finals week is upon me, so things got busy.

"Master Cathak Karel of the Red Rocks Dojo was to have dinner with Ashri-Ko tommorow, but word just came that he was delayed. It seems unseasonably heavy rains washed out a bridge to the north-east and he has to travel several days out of his way to the nearest ford."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Brennan smiles and nods to the voice, not voicing any other words over that. "Well, I guess if that is the case, I don't have to worry too much about looking bad in front of another god."

The Solar jogs along sedately, allowing his pace to eat the miles between where the elemental had finished his chores and Ashri-Ko's home. He jogged in silence, enjoying the feel of the breeze, both the one from the east and the one he created as he ran.

As the skies slowly darkened with Sol Invictus beginning his nightly slumber, Brennan bade the orb a fond fairwell. He slowed just slightly as he and the elemental neared the House of Ashri-Ko. "Do I look at least halfway presentable, or should I head directly for the bathes you think?" Brennan addressed the elemental.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't sweat. You do. I think you can figure the rest out for yourself." The elemental opens the door for you to step through.

The next day, towards noon, you are summoned to Ashri-Ko's study. The god does not look exactly pleased, but his irritation doesn't seem to be directed at you.

"The arrangements have been made. I had to call in a dozen favors and tithe a half-year of prayer, but you'll have your shot at getting out of here alive. You'll need to leave here tonight, unseen if possible, and make for the city of Arjuf, to the southeast."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Brennan nods. "I think I can manage that, so long as you do not have a doorman tonight. About how far is Arjuf from here?"
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

"Arjuf is about eighty miles from here, as the raiton flies. No need to worry about the doorman, though. He'll be going with you. You'll need someone to help you avoid divine watchers. Julong will also help you get in touch with contacts in the city once you arive. Any more questions?"

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Brennan nods quietly. "Just one other. How likely is it I will run into Cathak Karel? As Julong told me, the rivers made him take a detour. I do not know if his detour would take him in the direction I will be going."

Don't be stupid.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

"That is why you need to leave tonight. He will be arriving tommorow, expecting to find you trapped here. I'll, of course, do what I can to point him in the wrong direction, but that is no guarantee that he won't be on your trail almost immediately. You do not want to fight an Immaculate master yet. It would not turn out so well for you as your battle with the novice."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I keep reading this from my phone, and forget to make the reply when I get home.

Brennan nods once more. "An hour before midnight then, I will make my way out. You might find your arrow stores a little lighter, as I think I will have shot quite more than I expected while I was out with Julong. I will keep you in my thoughts, Lord Ashri-Ko, for all the assistance you have given me, at such a risk to yourself."

Don't be stupid.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

"Let us hope neither of us suffer for it. Good luck."

You make your way out of the House of Past Glories by night. Not many walk the halls during the night, and those few who do are easily avoided. The elemental at the door grumbles about its current task as you both make your way throught the darkness outside. "I thought I was to be rid of you. Now I'm stuck with you and my work goes undone."

Spoiler
    Show

Better roll some Wits + Survival checks here if you are covering your tracks. 10 or so would do.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Brennan chuckles quietly as he slips outside the House of Past Glories. "I had hoped I wouldn't cause you any more issues either, Julong. However, the quicker I am gone, the quicker you may get back to your duties."

Motioning to the elemental, he begins to quietly run from the home that had succored him for the past few days, not looking back.

Jogging along for a few hours, Brennan stops and then goes west for a little while, specifically breaking the occasional limb and leaving an easy to follow trail. After going that way for an hour, he doubles back to the change point, and continues on southeast once more, being double and triple careful at this point to leave no trail. He goes so far as the slowly trickle his essence to his eyes, sharpening his sight to such levels that he catches the smallest of dropped lashes and bent grass.

After several hours of quiet, slow movement that way, Sol Invictus begins his rise from the east and Brennan nods, offering a wordless prayer to the one who Exalted him.

Smiling at the water elemental, Brennan speaks as he continues to move, now quicker as he can see his footing better. "How far would you say we have gone, Julong?"

Spoiler
    Show

Activating Keen Sight Technique and Unsurpassed Sight Discipline.

Wits+Survival:

(6d10)[6][4][4][10][8][3](35)
    (6d10)[1][6][1][2][6][10](26)
    (6d10)[3][8][7][1][1][2](22)
    (6d10)[1][5][2][5][7][6](26)
    (6d10)[8][4][3][1][3][5](24)
    (6d10)[4][2][7][7][4][5](29)
    (6d10)[7][1][10][3][3][6](30)
    (6d10)[3][1][5][4][8][1](22)
    (6d10)[2][4][8][5][5][6](30)
    (6d10)[8][9][5][10][6][1](39)

Don't be stupid.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry that I haven't posted an update lately. I lost the character sheets for the Wyld Hunt I made, so I'm having to rework from scratch.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I found my Dragon-Blooded (Yay!), so I don't have to go through the pain of statting out more. Also, 2 stunt dice on that roll.

"So far? Maybe fifteen miles, probably less. It will be several days before we're out of the woods, proverbially speaking."

You push on, night and day, resting only briefly to better keep the lead on your hunters. With Julong's help, you are fairly certain you've avoided being seen by divine watchers, but the pace of your flight is wearing. Just when you are begining to think that you lost your pursuers, your Essence enhanced vision picks up a group following after you at the bare-edge of the horizon. By your count, at least thirty soldiers and four obvious Terrestrials dog your trail. Luckily for you, they make camp for the night, allowing you to continue on by night, widening the gap once more.

The next morning, you spot the coast in the distance and, later, the first houses of Arjuf. The city is a massive port metropolis, with suburbs spilling out around its towering white walls. Long piers jut out into a sheltered harbour, with ships of all sizes and shapes docked along their length.

"There it is. Now, you need to head to the Flower Gate, on the north side of the city. The spirits along the way there are under orders not to report you for the time being. Getting past the gate guards, though, is up to you." The water elemental's disembodied voice seems worried.

Spoiler
    Show

You have successfully kept ahead of the Dragonblooded, dispite them having a tracker with twice your dice pool following you. The distance between you is close and you didn't manage to lose them, though, so you've got a day at best before they arrive.

You are at a -1 internal penalty from exhaustion from not getting enough sleep, unless you'd rather like to try taking on four Dragon-Blooded at once.