New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hades's Wake

1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Hades's Wake

Not even pausing to think Daniel flips on stealth and rolls out of the elevator, As he rolls he draws his gun. Rising, he makes use of his incredible marksman skills to fire two direct shots at the soldiers heads.
    "Sorry sir, I forgot to check my sensor." He says flipping out of stealth.
    He pauses a second to look at his handiwork. "Still, I don't think they're much of a concern anymore."
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2009-06-18 at 04:51 PM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

The two men fall dead before their guns are even out of their holsters. There are two doors. One says REACTOR CHAMBER 6-11. The other says ARMORY.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the commandoes places a circular sensor on the door and uses it to look around the room. He turns back to the rest of you.
    "****. There's a whole squad of the cumrags in there. If we go through the door, they'll see it open. These stealth generators won't be much use if they already know we're here."
    "Maybe ther's some big guns in the armory we use to fight them with." says another.
    "Don't be crazy. If we run in there guns blazing, this entire city is gonna converge on us. And besides, its not your call to make."
    He turns to you. "What'll it be sir?"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Note: Is Zergling still playing? You should probably PM him, if he doesn't reply within the next 48 hours I'll decide for him.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Note: we're still in the elevator right?

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Note: Never mind I was being high...

Markus waits as he thinks. He checks his equipment and notices he has a few more grenades. 'I say we throw in a EMP grenade, smoke grenade, and a frag. We put on thermal after we throw in the smoke so we can see, then we stealth up and move inwards. EMP fries electronics in the vicinity, so we cover behind the door. Then, their armour will be useless, their weapons useless, and we have hostages or dead men.'

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the soldiers places a small lock breaker on the door and enters a code. It hums quietly for a second and the door slowly slides open. The next thing you know, everything is blue. Your helmet's visors automatically clear of the mess. Everyone in the hall is covered in bright blue paint. Yellow energy bolts shoot through the door, almost hitting you.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

"Damn!" Daniel says as he watches this go on from his position in the back. He throws an EMP at the mess and begins to shoot. His strikes aim true, each smashing into skulls, but he can't keep it up for long in this chaos. "What do we do now captain, there doesn't seem to be a way out of this one!"
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2009-06-25 at 01:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Stealth up, then frags and smoke into the room. Their gear are fried, so we have a way to get around them.' Markus replies

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

"One problem sir, there was a reason they shot us with paint, the armor isn't going to stealth anything outside it, so we're still hittable as long as this stuff sticks to us."
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

"Weapons free men! The **** has officially hit the fan." The soldiers pull their energy rifles off their backs. Two of them move in on the door and take up positions on each side. An alarm starts up and a calm male voice comes over the intercom.
    "Intruders in deck 127, nova quadrant. All nearby troops report to Reactor 6-11. This is not a drill."
    "Sir," yells one of the soldiers by the door. "There's no good place to throw a grenade. Their all spraed out on cat walks."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

"Daniel looked at the spread out catwalks, and inexplicably began to grin. He had run a scenario like this before back when he was running battle simulations, ten on the left, six on the bottom right, four above, and seven on the far right. The only problem was time... He turned to one of the troops and handed him the grenades, "They may not be much use in their, but they can sure as hell by us some time, I want you to block all the corridors leading here with explosives, emps, flash grenades, anything that can force their reinforcements to a halt." He turned to the door, still clutching a smoke bomb,
    he positioned himself on the left hand side of the door, and carefully rolled the smoke bomb onto the platform, waiting, he breathed a sigh of relief as smoke began to fill the door way, and the enemies fire began to shoot randomly through it. He turned to two other men and stared at their paint splattered faces. "I need both of you to watch this door, it may not be much but keep the smoke going, and don't get yourselves killed." He then turned to the commander and said, "Sir, if we leave the men to guard this area, we should be able to make it past this check point, neither you nor I were seriously splattered by the paint, so if I..." Daniel begins to fiddle with the wall, placing a well timed shot into the door, releasing the wires. he quickly spun them together, and forced them to connect at weird angles, the circuit exploded, starting a small fire, continuing with steady movements, he pulls out of the wall a set of spare material normally used for insulation, but also able to conduct energy, using the fire to burn the splattered parts of his armor, he quickly raps the spare material down his legs, and then proceeds to bind it together, with a black wire he had pulled from the wall. Looking at his makeshift jumpsuit, he began to laugh. "The material can inhibit stealth, and the wire will conduct the energy needed to flip to stealth mode. The only problem is, that this stuff is a lot heavier than the jumpsuit, now come on sir, we have to set you up to."
    Spoiler
    Show