New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation V: New Beginnings

Insert cliche about the mouths of gifted horses.

Uialuin spun around and scampered up the mithral chain to the upper levels of the factory and exited the complex at the balcony which had once been her personal workshop. Finely cut gems litter the floor here. In the mad rush to collect resources and manufacture more constructs every spare piece of metal in Northreach had been put to use. Gems had been casually pried loose of their settings and now a king's ransom lay discarded.

Though locked away within the tower, Uialuin was already well aware of the state of the battle...keen Elven senses combined with the queer telepathic communication that went on between constructs. She thrusts both a mechanical spider leg and an Elven arm skyward to the encircling wyverns and the host of other aerial combatants the Army of Scales had summoned.

"There! These pests evade the reach of out artillery!"

Turning to Vael's phantom, she adds, "Strike them down first, then turn your magic to the horde..."
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2009-12-23 at 04:26 PM.
    I apologize for drawing CockroachTeaParty as a winged centaur.

2. - Top - End - #902
    Troll in the Playground

Első Rossz, with Kazz

The Baernoloth looks on in amusement as the few Lizardfolk that fell were risen again, priests and fiends moved up to quell the mist. In some patches it swirled and condensed, and Water Elementals rose, twisted, from the mist and began to screech horribly, driving themselves at the walls of the White Tower.

Első Rossz turns to the arrogant druid. "The Empire of Királyság, the Lizards Kingdom. If you'd been listening to me, you would know I did not come for the constructs, though they are a nice bonus, and even a broken machine retains it's parts. I came for the city, that which is destroyed can be rebuilt. This place is a focal point for trade, it already bears the foundations of civilization and would make a stronghold for the Királyság in the North. If you don't want this place, then why do you care if we take command of a dead city? We did not come here for plunder and riches, we came to put you in power if you so wished, or to rule it in your and the Elves stead."

Army of Scales

Unfortunately for the constructs, this ploy was very short lived. The Sauropods could mount war machines far larger than could be hauled by teams of men and horses, with a reach to match, and the surprise attacks were soon met with stiff resistance. More creatures of Vetigau, the Bulettes, followed beneath the Army of Scales and they resented the intrusion of the Constructs on their territory. The powerful Landsharks soon began to fall upon the spidery constructs as they tunneled underground. One of the Baernoloths formulated a clever plan. Using the Bulettes, they ambushed a few of the constructs, and redug the paths they had taken from the city. Elite troops of Lizardfolk, Ultroloths, Voor and Raptor Riders followed the Bulettes, who erupted within the walls of the White Tower.

The Elite of the Army of Scales rose from underneath the White Tower, tearing apart all in their path and cutting a swath of ruination inward. Necromancers revived those that fell, and groups of engineers began to drag broken constructs through the tunnels to the Army of Scales lines. The tunnels were closely guarded, and the Bulettes patrolled the underground, sensing the vibrations of any more constructs and fell upon them, preventing them from destroying any more of the Scale's artillery.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

Kazz stepped forward, reached up, and laid a hand on Első Rossz' shoulder. Lowering his head and tsking, he replies.
    "Look, friend, you say you come to put us in power, and then you attack the city we have already brought to its knees. A feeble victory against a conquered target. Sad really. How you could put us in power when we have already won is beyond my apparently feeble mind. Besides..."

The 6 or 7 remaining Blighted mantagos, begin wandering through the ranks of lizardfolk with looks of awe on their faces.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Vael spread his senses wide, getting full image of the battlefield and combatants. The phantom image stood still as the mind of the god spread wide and worked, subtly at first but then with ever-increasing power. The invaders that had breached the tower found their way blocked by barriers that were seemingly nothing, no solid surface to hit. The barriers blocked their access further to the tower, but Vael left the way they came from open, with reason.

His influence began to creep into the minds of lizardfolk and their beasts, bringing with it fear, hopelessness and loss of strenght.

Raising it's illusory arms, the phantom of Vael began to conjure up visions from nightmares of the lizardfolk. He knew that they would not be stopped by them, but it would propably give him some time without having to kill any.

The voice of the young god spoke into the mind of Kazz in dry tone:

Sometimes the so-called conquered targets are not so conquered after all. They can be full of surprises.

The first lizardmen started to stagger back into the ranks from the tower, their will and spirit drained and crushed. Many still remained, though.

Vael's image looked to their army as his mind kept on constant draining influence on the lizardfolk who yet remained within the tower. He had time to wait. For now.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Kazz either completely ignores simply doesn't hear the remark of the godling.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

6. - Top - End - #906
    Troll in the Playground

Első Rossz, with Kazz

The fiend didn't even blink. He just stared into Kazz's eyes with his own unblinking orbs, filled with malice and greed. "It seems like you're having a hard time grasping what I'm trying to say to you. I came here, on behalf of my Lord and his followers, leading an army, to conquer this city. To make it ours. At the time the army marched forth, you were still locked in bitter conflict with the demi-goddess here, and even were you not it would have taken some time and cost more lives. My intention was, if the Montago here were so inclined seeing as they already lived here, to put them in control of the city and give them free reign of this place while remaining part of the Királyság. You would get the city and we would get an important trade post, northern bastion and even a possible staging point for any defense or further conquest in the north. Whether you stay or not, I plan to rebuild this city and take advantage of what's already here. This is a good location for a city, the best in the area. That's why the elves built it here, and it remains true to this day. What I'm doing now is called securing the city. Bringing down the last elven resistance and cleaning the streets of any remaining rogue constructs."

As the Blighted Montago began to walk into the Lizardfolk ranks, the Lizardfolk avoided them and three Ultroloths stepped forward. They held their swords low, not threatening but ready to use if need be. A harsh voice crackled through the metal face-grill of the lead one. "I'll ask that you not walk through our forces. You may be immune to any further effects of the magic inside you, but our soldiers have no such guarantee..."

Army of Scale

The spellcasters, priests and fiends within the ranks of the invaders tried to quell the magical despair washing through their forces, but found it to be too powerful even for concentrated effort. Instead, they focused on halting it's further spread. Some of their forces had already retreated, and for now they would go no further, but would not withdraw either.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Troll in the Playground

Northreach: Base of the Tower

Where the lizardfolk retreated or faltered for a second, the silent, red eyed sketal mithral soldiers were there in a flash. Sprinting through the broken ranks and whirling their long double swords in broad arcs they cut down their fleshy adversaries. But, infantry (undead and otherwise) wasn't their target. The sought out the casters concealed within the Scale's ranks, hurtling their light bodies into the air and colliding with their prey like a raptor catching a dove in flight.

Just as quickly as the mithral warriors emerged from the bowls of the tower, they retreated. Elminating a few key targets in the confusion was all they could hope to accomplish for now and fighting a pitched battle here would be unwise. Occasionally one of the supporting Bulettes would surface at just the right instant to catch an elusive crunchy mithral snack. The vials of alchemical fire that the Hunters carried meant the beasts got more than just heartburn.

Losing many of their frontline casters would make controlling the Mist more difficult for the Scales. And here at the very foundation of the Northreach, it was thick indeed.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2009-12-23 at 05:59 PM.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Titan in the Playground

Kazz looks to the flesh thing that spoke and mutters to himself."Truer words..."

With a grin, Kazz steps back, lowering his hand. The first touches of decay and Blight infection are apparent on Első Rossz' shoulder and signs of its spread begin to appear along his veins.

"Look, you're being forced back from the walls. I'll make this deal with you. You accept my help, and I'll let you help rebuild my city. Otherwise, you can continue to throw yourselves against the walls fruitlessly until the constructs or the mists consume you."

As he finishes speaking, two bulettes halfway break forth from the ground behind him, both of them strangely green and sickly looking. One hunkers forward slightly, and Kazz seats himself upon it's shoulder casually.

"I recommend you decide quickly."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

9. - Top - End - #909
    Troll in the Playground

Első Rossz, with Kazz

Első Rossz shuddered slightly and closed his eyes went blank. After a moment a purple eye appeared in the black background of the Baernoloths left eye, with a perfectly white pupil. The Baernoloth stepped forward faster even than he was capable and laid one of his long-clawed hands on Kazz's shoulders, and then spoke with a voice not his own, his own voice was merely a faint echo beside it. "I was going to leave this matter to the mortals and demi-deities, but you and that newborn godling have raised the stakes. I'll no longer stand by and watch as you toy with my favored emissary. Now you will listen to me, 'Kazz'. Do not treat this as some mere visitation or demigod. I have my full power in this body, and I am not a deity to be trifled with. I want this city for my followers. You can either help me to rid this city of our mutual enemies and restore this city to a place of power and prosper, or you can continue to act like a petty fool and try to fight me. I can tell you that isn't a fight you're likely to win. Now, try and be reasonable, we both want the same thing. I want this city. You want this city. We can both HAVE this city, and standing in one another's way isn't going to get it for either of us. We can work out who gets what and how after that damn tower no longer belongs to the Elven gods' daughter."

Vetigau bared Első Rossz's fangs and smiled. The Blight had already retreated from the fiends body, and his eye stared into Kazz's very essence.

Army of the Scale, base of the tower

The Ultroloths were not as easily cut down as the Lizardfolk priests and necromancers. Mortal blades could hurt and wound them, but could not kill them. They cackled like maniacs and their huge metal swords slashed left and right cutting down Mithral soldiers left and right, ripping at them with their metal claws and draining the magical energy that coursed through them with the touch of their skin. The Lizardfolk retreated and fought back as well, bringing mithral soldiers down as they retreated as the Ultroloths and the remaining priests used their magic to keep the mist from encroaching any further.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Titan in the Playground

Kazz looks at his left wrist as if there were something important there most of the time Első Rossz is speaking in a new, strange voice.

"So, does that mean you've agreed to my terms?"
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

11. - Top - End - #911
    Troll in the Playground

Vetigau (Első Rossz), with Kazz

The Bluescale soldiers had all retreated from the Blighted Montago, and the Ultroloths stood before them fearless. Their dead glowing eyes promised death if they tried to approach the troops.

Vetigau looked at the creature. He reached forward with one of his long claws and it reached through Kazz, touching the very heart of his essence, whether it be mortal or divine. "Here are my terms. We help one another take this city from the elf and that fool god up there, and then we rebuild this city together. Once this war is over we can sit down like gentlemen and discuss how much of a stake we both have in this city." Vetigau let his divine power seep through into Első Rossz, his teeth grew longer, lightning danced in his other eye socket and arced about his form, his skin grew a disturbing Blue-Black. "Or we could quarrel over it now like petty children, and the opportunity would be lost for both of us. So, what is it. Will you continue to be obstinate and lose any opportunity either of us have for making this city ours?"

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

Kazz looked around hurriedly for a moment then, with a sharp intake of breath, quickly says,

"Uh... oh, geez. Look, at the time. ... Say, I... uh... got this thing. so... toodles!"

Kazz and 5 Blighted take off running at full speed away from the city. One Blighted Mantago remains standing there confused. A few moments later, he falls prostrate before the baernoloth possessed by Vetigau and shouts, "All hail Vetigau, the new Lord of Northreach!"

He repeats this line a few times.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

13. - Top - End - #913
    Troll in the Playground

Moments after Kazz' departure Sylph (technically his avatar, but are you gonna check him for his ID?) halted his thousand mile sprint by skidding to a stop in the vicinity of Első Rossz. He tosses back his cowl and gives the Baernoloth a perplexed look with blinking emerald eyes. The chanting Mantago proclaiming that Vetigau was now lord of Northreach added to the confusion and suspicion.

"...why does this kind of thing always happen when I take a nap?"

14. - Top - End - #914
    Troll in the Playground

Vetigau (Első Rossz), with Slyph

The god-in-fiends-clothing shrugged the Baernoloths shoulders "Maybe because you tend to sleep for long periods of time, and your immortal children become cold and uncaring in your absence. Or maybe you're just unlucky, whose to say."

15. - Top - End - #915
    Troll in the Playground

Sylph blinked and wrinkled his nose while Vetigau spoke.

"Not polite to make fun. Primary hypersomnia is a very real and debilitating condition. But, never mind that..."

Exasperated and quite possibly at a lost for words, or simply not wishing to state the obvious, he jerks his glove hand in the direction of the battle and sighs.

"THAT! What...what IS this!?"

Sylph is a little out of touch. All he sees is the big bad shark god leading an army against an Elven tower which contains his precious little girl. Of course, Vetigau was also ignorant of what transpired within the tower.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

Vetigau takes a moment to survey the scene as he spoke, his eye drinking in all the sights and sounds of battle. "This is my followers attempt to forestall a most egregious wound to their economic health. As you may or may not know, the Montago who lived here became discontented with the less than idyllic state of affairs here in Northreach and began to rise up against their supposed elven tyrants. The elves here began to use new mechanical monstrosities to fight the Montago rebels here, and the fight has escalated to the point that most the elves and those faithful to the old ways have abandoned this place, and at this point so have most of the Montago. All that's left here are my troops, the mechanical monstrosities, the elven demigoddess in the tower, and some new divine. As for why my troops are here, the civil war here has caused trade through this area has slowed as traders either stopped coming through here or took longer and longer routes to avoid the city, and trade through the city itself has essentially ceased. My followers, under the being whom I now inhabit, had planned to take the city, install the Montago as an 'autonomous' puppet government and make this place their own while the elves returned to their homeland. Because of escalating divine presence, I have come in person, or as near to it as I felt necessary."

17. - Top - End - #917
    Titan in the Playground

A small, somewhat rotund man appears beside Sylph.

"My lord Sylph, I fear that you must prepare yourself before you enter there. It has become a place of mechanical horrors. I fear it is, in part, my fault. I, Elibor, tried to teach the mantagos of this city economics and the basics of social reform so that they might earn a better lot in life. Unfortunately, someone or something perverted my teachings, driving them to rebellion. I stayed to try to protect and evacuate the mantagos to end the fighting, but something kept causing them to rally and return to the fight against all odds, driving the elves inside to ever escalate their warfare. I fear they have destroyed themselves as they have the city. Exactly who is to blame for this horrid... incident" Elibor casts a none too sly glance at Vetigau "I simply do not know for certain. I tried to take responsibility for my part in it, but I was unable to lead them back to a peaceable position while someone was driving them ever to war. Makes me think someone orchestrated these events to raze the city so that they could claim it for themselves."

The sole remaining mantago continues to quietly worship at Vetigau's feet, praising him as the lord and savior of Northreach while praising his defeat of the Evil Queen Uialuin within the elven citadel.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2009-12-23 at 08:50 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The Kingdom of Scales, The Spriggan, poor poor Spriggan

Our hero, the spriggan walked the streets, as they were of the great city built by the Scaledkind, he whistled a tune. This tune seemed to drive the locals insane, it was a nice tune, a sweet tune, a catchy tune. To the point it drive those who heard it insane. He didn't understand why nobody stood and listened to his songs.

"Munomina, do do do, dodo, Munomina...."

He sang almost under his breath as he came up to an old, nearly deaf, sightless lizardfolk, who had soft grey scales. She had on her chest a small holy symbol, the Grandmother. The Spriggan thought maybe this was the Queen! or at least one of her shape shifting servant. He tugged her leg a bit.

"Ma'am, do you serve the Little Grandmother? The Lady of Music herself?"

The Old lady looked down and nodded, she couldn't hear very week, but the little thing decided to speak up. She smiled, as it sounded feylike in the voice.

"However, I am not long for this world, and soon I will be passing on. My last wish is to hear a chorus from the Garden of Shadows...would you play me one?"

The spriggan nodded and ran his bow against his strings. Then he spoke out the soft lyrics of his song.

"Fire on the moun, run boys, run.
    The devil's in the house of the risin' sun.
    Chicken in the bread pin, pickin' out dough.
    "Granny, does your dog bite?"
    "No, child, no."
    "

The song was just in time to convert a long standing priest of the Little Grandmother to the Shark God's side, then send her soul to him. Heartwarming, huh?

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

19. - Top - End - #919
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Silent Fields

A small breeze blew across the dark plane, the black blades of grass bent and the fires that engulfed the trees grew higher. The glowing eyes continued to fly across the sky, and colliding with each other creating dark absences in space.

The shattered, the forgotten, the abandoned, the tainted. They went by many names amongst themselves. They began to lose their gaseous form and became more substantial. They now had bone, muscle and gray and black skin. A silver fur that was mottled with black splotches and stripes grew across their bodies. There arms appeared abnormally long and their hands were slender and ended in long sharp claws. Their heads mirrored the shaped of a hyena head. There fangs protruded slightly from their mouths. Black and silver manes ran from their heads to down their backs. Most were taller than 5 and a half feet but not many were taller than 6 feet

When they formed they only had a single silver eye set into the left side of their face. On the right side was a black empty socket. Almost immediately after formation they would place a gem inside the socket. The newly placed gem would glow with a variety of colors based on its current mood. Currently the majority of “the abandoned’s” crystal eyes glowed a gentle blue.

Much of the time they silently wandered their plane that they had inherited. Occasionally a white hot rage would unexplainably come over them and they would strike out anything around them with a great ferocity. This often caused inner fighting which left a few dead and the silence of the plane restored.

As their existence continued they began to be driven by hunger they began eat the meat from the tainted animals. To most mortal beings this meat would be impossible to digest however the acid in the abandoned’s stomach was strong and easily metabolized the meat.

Tunlagin… in the void

The wild lord floated slowing through the void. He looked down at the world below. The siege of Arcadia. His lycanthropes fought as he intended them to. It made him proud to see they fought in his name as well as Creator. When it had ended he watched the slaughter in the north . So much death and war. There was some much of it the mortal world that Tunlagin had become desensitized to all of it.

He drifted again. This time over to the lands of the Great Apes. So long ago he gave them the simple blessing hunting so long ago. Then he had left them in the care of their creator. But where had he gone. Now there seemed to be a concentration of the non-lord Zakk essence upon the land below. Well at least one god still cared for them. Though they still seemed confused. He reached down with a claw and created a boon of game animals to spread across their land and he provided great luck to their hunters that still worshipped him after so many years.

He sighed. He hoped his same contribution would help the wayward mortals. An itch began to grow began to grow behind Tunlagin’s right eye. He scratched around it and thought not much of it. He was feeling a bit tired suddenly. He went into heaven reclined in the Aether. He let out a long yawn his mouth wide open. So very tired. He wonder if his creator Rakkas was about.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pre-action AP: 15, 3(Animal), 2(lycanthropy)

CWE: Ruhagin ( Think “shadow gnolls” pronounced ROO-ah-gin ) -1AP
    Create Populace: The Abandoned (100% Ruhagin) -3AP (+ 1WS)
    Influence Populace: Great Apes (+1 WS to Tunlagin) -1AP (animal)

Post-Action AP: 11, 2(Animal), 2(lycanthropy)
    Last edited by WarBrute; 2009-12-23 at 11:44 PM.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Troll in the Playground

Sylph stared into the distance towards the tower for a moment.

"...your response to a Bear Market? I'd hate to see how you act in a Recession."

He gestures towards Vetigau's proxy and parses his words, "Hold your army here. You can have the stone...just let me extract my daughter. Please..."

He might have played the game and tried to be as blustering and unyielding as the other powers, but right now there was nothing to him but a concerned father. Elibor is regarded with a brief, sideways glance and politely given the gesture to "shush" while he processes the situation. His eyes return to Vetigau.

"Please. Enough lives have already been lost. Call back your soldiers and let me have my daughter."

21. - Top - End - #921
    Troll in the Playground

The fiend looks to the tower and his pupil begins to dilate before he whispers a few words. "There, my troops are retreating from the base of the tower. It's not like they banging down the door to her last refuge or anything. She IS a demideity after all. To be fair, this was quickly becoming a recession for my people. Northern routes are by far our largest source of trade..."

22. - Top - End - #922
    Titan in the Playground

Elibor ignores Vetigau except to give him accusing glances from time to time.

"My lord Sylph, I regret this situation completely. I must warn you, when threat of this invasion reached your daughter, she... listened to... darker powers a bit more than she should have. You have my condolences and my promise to help you remedy the evils that have arisen."
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

23. - Top - End - #923
    Barbarian in the Playground

"March, march, march. It seems there's always something marching across the world."
    Arcadian Elder

-------------------

Snailgosh

The mechanical monstrosity skittered amongst its clockwork host, an animated carpet of metallic spiders. The mists were but a change in scenery for the constructs, trampling over and consuming anything in their way. Northreach was penetrated with little damage to the collective, taking the shortest path though the metallic labyrinth and adjusting quickly to changes created by the various traps. Within the heart of Northreach the clockwork horrors descended upon the factory machines, their manipulating pincers ripping into the mechanisms and improving their function. The factory floor began to churn out devices at faster speed and greater efficiency, raw materials piling up as the clockwork horrors dug deep into the earth for metal and mithril veins. Mist spewed forth at greater quantities, hindering visibility and spreading the cloud even further.

Snailgosh crawled to the chamber where the remaining artificers were located. Standing still, an eternity of silence seemed to pass before the chamber was filled with the sound of a bellowing horn.

Mallim

She wandered the world, taking in its sights and sounds. Too often she came across the pungent stench of blood and rust from battlefields both old and new. Within the great cities, pain was inflicted to others in the mad dash for success and power. Within the wilds, predator and prey engaged in a mad dance for survival. The world was a place of suffering...

---------------------

Rollover: 7=0+7

1ap Influence (Northreach) Elves (Snailgosh) (+1 WS)

LoC5:AP 7/DR 6/Ps1 Pt5 Pw4 S1/WS: 20
    Domain: Destruction(1), Suffering(1)
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

24. - Top - End - #924

The Abandoned… The Silent Fields

The Abandoned developed a coherent language to replace to single fragmented words they had been using before. They made names for the animals, the sky, the trees and themselves. They called themselves Ruhagin.

They sought shelter from the cold winds that blew across the Silent Fields. The dug shallow holes into the ground. From the shallow holes they built wooden frames that had leather stretched across the frame. They were built to be mobile, so when the herds of animals migrated they could follow. A simple pattern developed. The animals followed a very predictable migration, so much so that the Ruhagin could move into previously built earthworks.

As time went on they aged and as all mortals do, the died. However with death there is life. New generations were born from the Ruhagin women. No longer were spawned from lost spirits but were born into life as most mortals are.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pre-action
    Normal AP:11
    Domain AP: 2(animal) 2(lycanthopy)

Teach Populace (The Abandoned)

Language -1AP
    Shelter Construction -1AP
    Nomadic Lifestyle -1AP
    Crystal Weapons/Tools -1AP

Post-Action
    Normal AP:7
    Domain AP: 2(animal) 2(lycanthopy)

+4CR to "The Abandoned"

Current CR "The Abandoned" = 5
    Last edited by WarBrute; 2009-12-26 at 06:45 PM.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Pixie in the Playground

Lord Mika steps out of a portal in the desert

Well now what happened in my absence, hmmm?

he looks around and takes in all the changes that have happened on the prime.

Well this is interesting.

I shall have to have my merchants come here.

In the past
    Spoiler
    Show

The battle with Hynco and his capture blew Mika off plane.

As Mika was dazed and a little lost. He used the last of his awesome powers to create for himself a new place to stay and recuperate.

With the Aid of his Staff of Seven he created the plane of Kairo, a large desert world with sparse osasi and and fraught with hazards of the deserts.

Mika rested for a time and he grew bored.

I miss watching the winged creatures soar through the sky.

Mika grabbed a ruby that was just laying there and threw it into the sky where in a flash it turned into a flock crimson ibis that squawked alarmingly and flew off.

Mika enjoying watching the bright red birds flying felt his might grow as he felt his powers returning.

He grew bored with that as well.

I know it too quiet here, I need a thriving city to make some noise. And a thriving city needs people.

Mika planted his staff in the sands, and as arcane energy engulfs him an ibis lands nearby and is transformed into the beginnings of the race that will become known as the pouli lide.

The pouli lide grew to resemble an extremely fit human but with the head and neck of the ibis. The pouli lide are agile and incredibly intelligent.

And so I don't have to answer all their questions they can use my personal library.

Mika raised a Gigantic Library of many many levels and towers and pillars.

Of course any library needs librarians so, Mika snaps his fingers as he waves his hand from east to west across the buildings front facing wall and inside the library appear on the walls life-size murals of humanoid people with glowing red eyes and green glowing hands with a large book chained to each of their belts.

These murals would when needed walk from the library walls and aid those who need library assistance or to defend the marvelous structure that held many worlds worth of knowledge.

These would be known as the Dabus: Librarians of Fate

These people need someone to look over them and tend them while I am busy.

Hmmm, I know!

Mika pulls from his robes a small ever color changing ring made from slightly hotter than normal iron.

You..Mika points at a passing pouli lide.....come here please.

The pouli lide walks over and bows in respect to the Lord of Kairo.

Yes my Lord, what do you wish to speak to a lowly one such as myself about?

Do you wish to serve me more closely than any other in current exsistance? I must warn you the process will be quite painfull for you will not be like any other in all of exsistance.

YES M'LORD, that would please this humble one greatly!

Very well then, place this ring upon your ring finger of your right hand.

The pouli lide puts the ring on even as his flesh burns slightly at its touch and screams as he is sucked inside it as if into a vacuum through a very small hole.

I told him it would be painful.

As the ring floats in midair a faint screaming from inside its glowing center slowly turns into laughter.

As the screaming stop entirely a loud "POP" signals the return of the ring wearer.

the being standing there looked nothing like what it used to.

It was slightly shorter than the pouli lide in the city that was sprouting up around the Kairo Library.

This being looked like an absolutely nondescript human man save the short spiked hair that changed colors and gave of faint sparkles of color at each change.

He wore tight fitting leather armor and carried a pair of sickly green daggers at his waist and a cloak that seemed to blend into anything this man stood against.

This was Theodore Scrablkephlukinan also known as Ted who can't be dead

Well Ted it's been awhile since I last saw you.... how have you been stumbling through Limbo.

Mika! you sorry sack of slaadi poo.
    You aught to know you pimple on a glabrezu.
    You put me there.
    And whats more OH GREAT KNOW IT ALL you know perfectly well how I've been.
    IT WAS A FRIGGIN AWESOME PARTY!!!

Ok well I know im going to regret this but...... we are no longer anywhere near the wheel of reality anymore.

In layman's terms Ted we are a very long way from home. also Ted we are or at least you are what you always wanted at home here.....a near deity.

You shall take care of these pouli lide for me ok Ted?

What do i get out of it?

You get more power than you have ever ad before.

If you do this you will be my first Exarch. and you should know well what that entails.

Ok... FINE! Ill do it.

Spoiler
    Show

-10 create plane-Kairo
    -1 CWC red ibis
    -3 gain DR(dr=4)+1 to senses
    -5 create exarch Ted who can't be dead
    -3 create populace Pouli Lide
    -5 domain create artifact (Library of Kairo)teach populace 2 charges total
    -4 and 1 from domain imbue library influence populace
    -3 from staff expand plane for 3 charges.

26. - Top - End - #926
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Mushroom Forest, The Mist-Choked Groves

A ragged group of short, hunched figures stumbled through the mushroom forest. Once, they were dwarves… but with the fall of their empire, they had nothing left to live for. Their minds were like shattered glass, broken and haphazardly scattered. They followed the lead dwarf merely because he seemed to know where he was going.

He was once a great engraver, who made scenes of beauty and of terror. But that was many, many years ago- another life, another existence. He was merely another Derro now: he walked only because he was compelled to. Silver fire burned in his mind; a fragment of something from his past. Something he had done? Something he had said? Something he had created? He did not remember. All he knew was that he had to go to the forest. There was something there he had to do; his purpose was not complete, not yet.

So, he tread onward, sustained by that one fragment of his mind. It was a litany, a mantra; it was holy to him, though he did not know why. It pulled him like iron to a lodestone. He tread onwards, and the rest followed.

It took the ragged group many days to cross the forests of the Mantago; but finally, they came to the place they had sought. A great ivory tower loomed in the distance, silvery mist swirling around its base. It rang powerfully to their Dwarven senses; every Derro knew instinctively that this was a treasure trove, an enormous wealth of metal. The small group broke apart quickly as every member charged into the mist… and fell, convulsing.

A jumble of confused impressions flew through the lead Derro's mind as he fell to the ground.
    Black liquid, squishing in his boots; light reflecting off of a curving surface. The faint chiming and scraping of his pick against glass, and a half-seen rune, twisted in ways that were impossible. The last image slowly grew, burning silver, twisting his mind with its alien geometries.

He remembered, now. He was once called Merrik. He had fallen into madness, but now, everything was clear. Perhaps even clearer than it had been before he was mad. The scattered, broken shards of his mind had reassembled themselves on the framework provided by the silvery rune, and he felt… empowered, almost.

Strength flooded through his veins as he stood, and cast his eyes about for the others with him, his newly acute eyesight cutting through the thick fog easily. Some of them had never gotten back up from where they fell; others were now horribly mutated things that scurried off into the mist. But a few… a few stood purposefully, skin gleaming faintly silver in the shadows of the mist. He could tell they shared his resolve.

Merrik- no, he needed a new name. He wasn't that dwarf, not anymore… Not Merrik Stonetooth- he was Sankis Morgray. He felt something snap together in his head as he thought the name.

The newly-renamed dwarf strode deeper into the consuming mists, and the survivors followed.

Spoiler
    Show

CWE: Mist Dwarves (1 Ambition AP)
    Create Populace: Mist Dwarves (3 Refugee AP)
    Teach Populace x6: Unnatural Brilliance, Unnatural Resolve, Mist Immunity, Weapons, Literacy, Stoneworking (4 AP+ 2 Whisper AP)

Civilization: Mist Dwarves: CR 7, WS 7 (Omur)
    Last edited by Lagren; 2009-12-27 at 10:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

The elven city, with some bluescales, and some other...things, The Spriggan (Now Well traveled)

The Spriggan was skipping down the road, give or take. All the creatures of the world had surprised him. He loved this world, and all the adventure in it, massive lands. He grinned and was granted a sneer by an Elf. He scurried into an allyway. A Greenscaled Necromancer who still revered the Grandmother sat in the allyway and grinned at the Spriggan.

"Hello, creature. You are the music of the Little Grandmother...give me your requiem. If you do not, you shall parish. If you do, you shall parish....later."

The Spriggan nodded, and took his fiddle, letting a quick upbeat tone to set the mood for his lyrical artwork.

"I've travelled this old world of ours from Thiassia to Arcadia
    I've had joy in the Thiassa and a swim in Mika's Desert.
    I've seen unicorns in Trow Nation and a Yetti in the Garden
    And I've danced with ten foot pygmies in a Hell's hall
    I've met the King of Sharks and a working Ape miner
    But I've never met a nice Elven Man!
    "

Three Elven walked out and retorted, in song.

"No he's never met a nice Elven Man.
    And that's not bloody surprising man
    'Cause we're a bunch of arrogant bastards
    Who hate all people
    "

The Spriggan continued his little song.

"I once got served in Arcadia aften less than four week's wait
    I had lunch with The Elder Bark when he paid and wasn't late
    I know a public swimming bath where they don't piss in the pool
    I know a guy who got a job straight after leaving school
    I've met a normal merman and a fairly modest Deugar
    But I've never met a nice Elven Man!
    "

The Elven men took over singing, it seemed less against their will.

"No he's never met a nice South African
    'Cause we're a bunch of talentless murderers
    Who smell like baboons.
    "

The Spriggan was really enjoying the chorus but realized it was his turn.

"I've had a close encounter of the twenty-second kind
    That's when an alien spaceship disappears up your behind
    I got divine intervention after less than forty years
    I've even heard a decent song by Felix Fellious' Sings
    I've seen a flying pig in a quite convincing wig
    But I've never met a nice Elven Man.
    "

"No he's never met a nice Elven Man!
    'Cause we're a bunch of ignorant loudmouths
    With no sense of humour!
    "

A snicker from the Elven men was heard as the Spriggan danced, to present himself as an expert of the art of song. However, after his bow he looked up. The Necromancer was unable to kill himself, as he was now a vampire. But, insane, he did however now have four very nice elven zombies.
    Last edited by Lady Tialait; 2010-01-03 at 12:04 PM.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

28. - Top - End - #928
    Barbarian in the Playground

Arcadia

Within the dark corner of a tavern, two figures conversed. One muscular, armored, with a wicked greatsword strapped to his back, the other lithe and cloaked in white.

"So, what yer lookin' for are a coupl-a mercenaries to guide ya ta the center o' the world mountain?"

"That is right. Do you think you can handle it?"

"Lady, wit me an' my crew, you can head all the way down ta Ubel! The Returners gotta woman jus' like me, a mage, a forward scout an' trap expert, an' a deal wit someone o' the faith we can trade'n for such a mission. Course, ya gotta give us good enough pay..."

"Yes, I've secured enough magic trinkets and armaments for each of you. I can even adjust them to something you would prefer."

"Tha's powerful magic lady... Not sure why ya need us."

"Oh, I don't know of any ways to inflict harm on others."

"Well, tha's what ya got all us for!"
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

29. - Top - End - #929

“The Ruhagin will walk this earth
    The Ruhagin will walk this earth
    Through the portal
    into the light
    The Ruhagin will walk, what a sight
    The Ruhagin will walk, what a sight
    They work all night and sleep all day
    Protected from the searing light
    The Ruhagin will come tonight
    The Ruhagin will come tonight

-Children‘s rhyme in reference to the open of dark portal

The Abandoned… The Silent Fields

As generations went on the crystal tools and weapons improved. Sharper, lighter and easier to make. Of coarse with weapons their comes problems. As they always have and always will have the Ruhagin have a ball of seething rage tucked deep in their heart. While most of the time they went about their business quietly and efficiently, every so often they would feel the sudden need to strike out against those around them. However now that weapons had been introduced these burst of rage became much more dangerous.

Special magicians began to emerge to help combat the random burst of rage. Simple spells and potions were devised to control the out burst. One of the most effect was a serum extract from the juice of a silent vine fruit. As soon as the feeling of rage began to creep up on them they would drink this and it would stave off the rage for several hours, which aloud them to retreat to an area safe from others.

Some rage magic helped channel the rage opposed to just curve it. When the rage was directed during a hunt a trained Ruhagin could easily take down a whole herd of tainted buffalo.

Ruhagin had a hobby of watching the eyes on the Silent Fields continuously and randomly collide and implode. A simple betting game developed based on predicting which eyes would collide. Some sworn by Tunlagin’s left eye that they could predict the next collision with 90% accuracy, however they all appeared to be frauds. It their main and only real source of entertainment.

“There will be a great collision hours from now! I have seen it! Hundreds of eyes will converge on a this single spot! A portal to a ne-” It was Tolavich. A particular Ruhagin know to be addicted to the betting game. Yelling like this was not permit amongst the Ruhagin, so he was swiftly clunk on the back of the head and quietly carried off to his tent where he would rest quietly for awhile. None paid any mind to what he had said.

However what Tolavich predicted did come to pass. There was a great swooping sound as nearly half the eyes on the plan seemed to suddenly change direction and aim for a single spot. The collision let loose a enormous boom that could be heard and felt across the plane. The black absence created by the collision was immense and pulled everything around it toward it. Animals, plants, tents and Ruhagin alike where sucked into the absence and disappeared into the black abyss it created. It remained there for several hours before finally closing

The Abandoned… The Material Plane

A portal open on the east side of the world mountain, where the was nothing but volcanic rocks and ash. As soon as it opened, creatures, plants and rock were expelled from it. The Tainted animals that had passed through the portals quickly stood and ran away from the black hole. Many of the Ruhagin fell unconscious and lay strewn about amongst destroyed tents that had also gone through the portal. None of them woke until long after the portal had closed.
    When they did awake it was night and the silver eye hung high above them. They stood a stared up at the eye and they knew it to be Tunlagin. Many covered their ears as the sounds of the waves on the rocks and material world animals where practically deafening to them. Unsure what to do, they decided the began salvaging what they had left. Some worked on repairing the tents along with building a suitable tent. Luckily some food had made it through the portal unharmed. Other set out on short trips and hunted down a few tainted animals before they got to far. Of sunrise they had built a small tent city and gathered enough food to survive for a few weeks.

They were about to began discussion on what to do next when the golden eye rounded the side of the mountain followed soon by the fiery sun. The light burned at their eyes and skin, and the heat was nearly unbearable. They retreated into their tents. This world would take some getting use too.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pre Actions AP: 7

Teach populace(The Abandoned): Rage Magic -2AP
    Open Portal: Connects Material Plane to Silent Planes (Opens once a roll over) -3ap

Post actions AP: 2