New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dwaer Depths (4e)

A push must end further away from the attacker than it started, a pull the opposite. Slide is a freebee: you pick where they go. In all cases, you designate the square they move to, so long as it satisfies the previous condition and is in a relatively linear motion.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

OOG: Ok, so then the goblin slides to L12 so Tol can smack it without having to do a move action.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Looking to the north, Dirk calls to the others. "How we doin up there guys?" He walks right 5 squares, trying to close the distance between him and W1.

OOG: How is running handled in 4e? My base movement is 5, so if I could get closer to W1, do that.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Gil 12/29

Gil uses Lance of Faith on W3, granting Thad a +2 bonus against him.

Will vs Ref: (1d20+5)[9]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[12]
    I roll 20s

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

.......W3 is dead
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

"Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

Gil

Gil shoots W1.
    I roll 20s

7. - Top - End - #67
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

OOG: DUDE. Stop stealing my kills!

Thaddeus, HP 24/30

Suddenly and inexplicably losing interest in finishing off the goblin he had been targeting, Thad spins toward W1 and gives him the ol' curse-n-blast. He's spreading his love around.

Attack: Eldritch Blast (CHA vs REF)
    To Hit: (1d20+6)[26]
    Base Damage: (1d10+5)[11]
    Curse Damage: (1d6)[2]

8. - Top - End - #68

SwashbucklerGuy

OOG: Uh, wow, that's two natural 20s in one round. Not bad. If this attack hits, my max damage is 21 if I also get to maximize the curse damage, and 17 otherwise. From my Rod Of Dark Reward I also get +1d6. Here that goes:

Critical Hit extra damage: (1d6)[5]

Oh yeah, and I still get +1 AC this round due to having cursed somebody.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Tol scratches himself

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Tol
    Tol double moves, charging up the hill like a fearsome ram. He gets to the tree that S2 is hiding behind.

Seven
    Seven’s attack blasts into S2 slaying the goblin and throwing his corpse one square.

OOG: L12 is technically a tree and it takes two squares to round a corner, so he moves to M11 instead. Normally I don’t think you can slide something over difficult terrain without doing the double move. Of course, it doesn’t really matter, since he’s dead!

Dirk
    Dirk double moves as well, getting closer to W1 and into striking distance for next round.

OOG: “Run” lets you move at speed +2, but you take a -5 to attacks until the end of your next turn, grant CA, and provoke Attacks of Opportunity. I would not recommend it, but you can take it if you want. Let me know and I will retroactively move you four more squares.

Gil
    Gil attempts to lance W1, but the goblin proves too nimble, dodging the divine bolt.

Thaddeus
    Thaddeus blasts W1 with his crazy warlock powers, slaying the goblin with his incredible blast.

OOG: Daaaaaaaaaaang (I gave you the max on the curse damage, btdubs).

Goblin
    Seeing his companions defeated, S1 takes off at a run towards the large portion of rocks. With a running dive, he disappears into a hole in the rocks.

Trygal stops cowering in fear and looks around. “Wow! You guys were amazing! I knew you’d be the right men for the job!”

OOG: We’re out of combat now. To save some time, I will tell you that, upon inspection, the goblin dove into a tiny tunnel that leads down into the rocks before banking out of view. It is barely large enough for a goblin to crawl through, so you all will certainly not fit!

150 xp each
    Last edited by King Tius; 2010-02-12 at 12:44 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Gil 12/29

"Well," Gil says as he tucks his holy symbol back underneath his outer cloak, "That was more action than I've seen in years. This might be a lot of fun." He takes a swig from a flask he keeps in his garments. "Or, of course, a suicide mission that ends with me disembowled on a goblin altar. Nice job, team. Do you think that runaway will get reinforcements or do you think we've put the fear of the gods in them?"

He walks back over to the mules and makes sure it's all packed up, "I think we need to move on now. We can rest once we're far away from here. Best not to get ambushed in our sleep. I only have so many ears I can lose."
    I roll 20s

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

OOG: Since we're out of combat, Seven uses one of his healing surges. Also, I'm not quite sure yet where I'm going with this character, but I'll have a backstory soon.

hp: 25/28

Seven's sphere disappears once the battle is finished. The hunched Deva returns to the mules, muttering as he goes.

"They danced to my fires...like puppets. Then they exploded."

He seems to be referencing the goblins that the party has just dispatched, but the comment is quite vague. As the party moves on, Seven seems to be inattentive to the rest of the group, as if he were concentrating quite hard on something else. Only once does he blink, revealing a moment of clarity. He whispers to himself.

"I don't know how. But I will find out."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Tol looks around hopefully for more goblins, sighing when he realizes that the battle is over. Returning to the group, he scratches his head, embarassed. "Guess I'm a little rusty." He helps to move the piles of goblin parts from the road. Roadkill is awful unpleasant.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Dirk cleans his sword off. He looks up to the sun and says, "Your gonna make um rot now aren't you. Why do you always do that?" He helps to clear a path as best he can. Once the road is clear, "Well lets get goin."

15. - Top - End - #75

SwashbucklerGuy

OOG: Not a bad first combat. One natural 1 and one natural 20. Comes out about even!

Thaddeus, HP 24/30

Grinning at the dispensing of his own brand of justice, Thad breathes a satisfied sigh. To Gil: "LET THEM COME. THE EMISSARY OF THE RAD..." He breaks off mid-sentence to go into a coughing fit. When he opens his eyes again afterward, they are again his own. "I mean, uh, we can probably handle it. Bunch of amateurs. Anyway, we should probably go through their pockets sooner than later. I'm going to be getting something like a hangover in a few minutes." (He does so. Going through their pockets, I mean, not getting a hangover yet.) Seeing the glowing, smoking remains of W1: "Gods. Did I do that? Wow. I am SEXY."
    Last edited by Loquacius; 2010-02-15 at 10:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Dirk smirks at Thadeus and rolls his eyes at the sexy comment. "Well, if were gonna search them lets hurry up and do it"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

You search the bodies of the Goblins but find almost nothing of interest other than the weapons they attacked you with. One of them, however, has a keyring on his belt. The keys are gold and have what appear to be dwarven sigils on them. Trygal takes a look at them and reads them off, one by one.

"1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, M, B, C. I wonder, what could these be for? We should get a move on, you're right."

After moving the bodies off the road you set off again. Not half an hour after the battle first started you come round a bend and see a building. Sitting atop a steep hill lies a squat, wide building. The winding path that leads up to it branches off from the main old road. At the sight of this building Trygal dives into her books for a minute. As the donkeys clop along she riffles through pages before shouting "I know what those keys are for! Rooms! In an inn! That there was once a major stop along this road for travelers. I wonder if that's where the Goblins came from"
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

18. - Top - End - #78
    Orc in the Playground

Gil

Realizing what the dwarfess is suggesting, "Well, I suppose it's our duty to make this road safe for travelers. We are going to be heroes. And I'm a priest any way. Doing good is part of my mission statement. Would anyone be opposed to wiping out a goblin band before we continue much farther?"
    I roll 20s

19. - Top - End - #79
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Alright, let get to it then.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

OOG: Now a really efficient party would just burn the thing down. But that wouldn't be honorable now would it.

Tol grunts his ascent and switches from halberd to warhammer.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Trygal nods in agreement with Gil. "Besides, there may be clues to our mission hidden in the remains."

You turn and head up the winding road to the inn. Fortunately the Goblins don't seem to have prepared any kind of ambush for your arrival. At the top of the hill the trail levels out into the small courtyard of the inn. The large set of ancient wooden doors that mark the main opening of the establishment are closed. What will you do?
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Seven remains near the back of the group, just as a good wizard should. The small, opaque, magical, sphere slowly materializes near his right hand, drifting about his arm as he moves toward the inn.

23. - Top - End - #83

SwashbucklerGuy

OOG: Sorry I've been kind of a deadbeat lately; I'll try to keep it from happening again.

Thad has been unusually quiet since a little while after searching the goblins. There is an unpleasant, surly expression on his face. Rubbing his head, he squints at the doors. "Okay, so, yeah. I guess we probably shouldn't knock. That seems like it'd be a pretty bad idea. Someone wanna try prying these suckers open?" (He glances pointedly at Tol and Dirk.) "Worst comes to worst, we've probably got a key now." Taking a hint from Seven, he unslings his rod (lol).
    Last edited by Loquacius; 2010-03-03 at 10:49 AM. Reason: forgot the hangover

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Tol obligingly gives the doors a tug. Should they refuse to budge, he moves aside for the key.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Dirk stands next to the door waiting for it to be either opened from the inside or with a key. He has his sword readied.