New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    ...needs Noblewoman's Laughter in the trope list.

Really, looks good to me; I'm confident she'll be interesting as early arc villain and future protagonist.
    ...So very tempting, but she's not the type to laugh at her enemies in such a manner. Such a missed opportunity!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I think this group is a great idea. Why?

Because they can give us a fresh dynamic, and a fresh enemy force, without making new races.

I mean, yeah, pumping them into the setting right off might be a bit much, but slowly but surely?

I mean, if we're turning Las Noches into a more neutral force, and making them generally less destructive and hostile...I mean, it doesn't preclude individual Hollow and even Arrancar being hostile.

That leaves us a couple of essentially isolated characters. Said characters might have followers, but they'll still be few in number.

The Bount might appear, but not as a major faction.

That...pretty much leaves the Samsara as an enemy group.

I think having mortals being the "overarching" enemies would be fresh. It would give lots of room for flex (as the faction seems to have room for just about any character; I could even see them using mind-controlled Hollows/Arrancar).

We can't just negate the idea right off the bat. Especially since it's really just an extension of the concept of existing "types": Quincy, Bount, spiritually aware/empowered humans, and so on.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Concepts so far...

An arrancar who wields/wears lesser hollows. Think daelkyr.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Concepts so far...

An arrancar who wields/wears lesser hollows. Think daelkyr.
    So, that means we have one arrancar who spits out lesser hollows and another which wears them as hats? What happens when the two meet?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

I like the idea, and I think it could provide interesting foil to both Kujo & Co and Elder. Maybe the idea will find home later in the new plot, once we have some idea what our new villains will actually be doing.
    To be fair, pretty much everyone is a foil to Kujo in some sense. However, this leads me to another point that I wanted to bring up.

We need a clearly directed plot in order to keep things trucking along without getting stalled, and I had a thought of a way to help accomplish that. Basically, we come up with some central themes for this game. This isn't a revolutionary idea, and some people were already doing just that in the previous game, but I'm saying we all come up with and agree on two or three major themes for this story. Ones that will continue to appear again and again across many of the plotlines throughout the entire game. It'll help direct the plot and could potentially give some good ideas for other characters. Not to mention, it'll give much more of a satisfying payoff in the end once the themes are fully realized.

Whatever they are, they should be fairly general, so they can be adapted to as many of the plots that we have going. Of course, we can expand to include as many motifs and themes as we want in our own stories, but if we have a set of continuous themes to draw from, then it'll really help make things much more connected. Even more coherent.

Obviously, the one I'm gunning for with Kujo is "Law vs. Chaos," and Bleach in of itself has tons of themes we can pick from. "Inner Conflict" is a big one, for example. But hey, I'm open to other suggestions. Any thoughts?
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

So, that means we have one arrancar who spits out lesser hollows and another which wears them as hats? What happens when the two meet?
    FASHION! </camp gay voice>

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

They open a clothing store...obviously.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    Obviously, the one I'm gunning for with Kujo is "Law vs. Chaos," and Bleach in of itself has tons of themes we can pick from. "Inner Conflict" is a big one, for example. But hey, I'm open to other suggestions. Any thoughts?
    I'm all for "Law Vs. Chaos", as in breaking status quo. So far, the setting we're proposing looks far more "everyone co-exist happily" than the last one, so Kujo and his chaos-mongering are in perfect contrast to that. Maybe Adaption as and Letting go of the Past as other major themes?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    To be fair, pretty much everyone is a foil to Kujo in some sense. However, this leads me to another point that I wanted to bring up.

We need a clearly directed plot in order to keep things trucking along without getting stalled, and I had a thought of a way to help accomplish that. Basically, we come up with some central themes for this game. This isn't a revolutionary idea, and some people were already doing just that in the previous game, but I'm saying we all come up with and agree on two or three major themes for this story. Ones that will continue to appear again and again across many of the plotlines throughout the entire game. It'll help direct the plot and could potentially give some good ideas for other characters. Not to mention, it'll give much more of a satisfying payoff in the end once the themes are fully realized.

Whatever they are, they should be fairly general, so they can be adapted to as many of the plots that we have going. Of course, we can expand to include as many motifs and themes as we want in our own stories, but if we have a set of continuous themes to draw from, then it'll really help make things much more connected. Even more coherent.

I think "Law vs. Chaos" is good.

I'd like to play off of strawberryman's suggested faction, as well as off of what we've seen in our current game, and suggest something dealing with the question: How far do you go to accomplish something? Do you do evil in the name of a greater good? (Sorry. I couldn't help myself.) Or do you make sure to never compromise your principles, large and small, no matter the cost?

Not sure how to compress that into a pithy phrase, but there we go.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm all for "Law Vs. Chaos", as in breaking status quo. So far, the setting we're proposing looks far more "everyone co-exist happily" than the last one, so Kujo and his chaos-mongering are in perfect contrast to that. Maybe Adaption as and Letting go of the Past as other major themes?
    That works for me, considering that's one of the themes I had in mind for Michiko.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Really, though... how is this stepping outside of canon aside from making a new faction? I'm a bit confused on that point. I can see how you would like to hold off or keep it simplistic... but the described faction pretty much just takes various source canon beings and ties them into a fitting (IMO) faction. What's wrong with that?

Hell, if we were to say "no out-of-source-canon grouping", wouldn't there be no Quincy faction? Logistic problems abound, but.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-03-19 at 03:59 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I'd like to play off of strawberryman's suggested faction, as well as off of what we've seen in our current game, and suggest something dealing with the question: How far do you go to accomplish something? Do you do evil in the name of a greater good? (Sorry. I couldn't help myself.) Or do you make sure to never compromise your principles, large and small, no matter the cost?

Not sure how to compress that into a pithy phrase, but there we go.
    That would actually fit perfectly with some things I potentially have planned to do with Kujo. Assuming things work out the way I plan to. </Aizen>
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Really, though... how is this stepping outside of canon aside from making a new faction? I'm a bit confused on that point. I can see how you would like to hold off or keep it simplistic... but the described faction pretty much just takes various source canon beings and ties them into a fitting (IMO) faction. What's wrong with that?

Hell, if we were to say "no out-of-source-canon grouping", wouldn't there be no Quincy faction? Logistic problems abound, but.
    Maybe they mean a grouping like that is stepping outside canon? I mean, in canon and ours, groups have normally allied by their 'tribe' or based on their power set. Shinigami under the Gotei 13, arrancar under the Espada, Bount under Hans, etc but no group of cross 'tribes' origins.

Or at least I think that's what they mean, I'm not sure.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

I guess that makes sense. I don't agree with it, but it makes sense.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd like to (once again) request the 6th division captain seat, with an (edited) Shiaki Koujin in that position.

I like the concept of the reinforcement division, as well as the position (hopefully) requiring less activity from me. This game has been eating my life a bit, and the captains were stated to be much more rarely used.

Is this acceptable?

edit: as for RP themes, I especially like the idea of 'do the ends justify?', though the other themes are intriguing as well.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe Mejiri would do better in this game...

Downgraded from lieutenant, of course.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

All right... since the Enclave is moving I suppose so is the character I made intended for it.

Valeria Abel
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 104 lbs.

Reiatsu/Speaking Color:

Appearance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Valeria is an average-looking, but still moderately attractive young lady. With a thin frame, pale skin, and usually tired-looking eyes, she gives off the impression of physical illness, despite the fact that she is completely healthy. She usually has her moderate-length black hair tied into a pony-tail behind her head. Her wardrobe seems to be from the 70's, as she usually wears bright colors with plenty of jewelry and frequency of tie-dye, and she absolutely loves platform shoes.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Most of the time, Valeria is a reasonable degree of upbeat, taking a positive spin on most things. Especially dancing, which is her favorite hobby. She has a developed sense of morality, but she dislikes government, being the victim of an oppressive one herself. She's highly independent, as a result of her status as an orphan not much more than 10 years ago.
    Even as a Living Vizard, she has no idea where she got her Hollow powers from, citing it likely to be trauma from her younger years.

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Valeria was an orphan for the first half of her life, wandering around Europe with little but a name and the occasional lucky charity from a helpful passerby. By and large, however, she learned to fend for herself.
    At some point 10 years ago, she was adopted, taking a lot of stress off for trying to keep herself alive, but not allowing for much room to grow, as she was fairly mature already. Sometime between the present and that time was when she was tainted with Hollow powers, though any memory of it is a blur at best...

Combat
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not being a strong physical fighter, Valeria prefers to usually use her masks' kinetic hypnosis ability to occupy opponents when they get close, and get to a safe distance where she can use her cero and bala.

Mask
    Spoiler
    Show
    Valeria's mask doesn't cover the full extent of her face, simply going over her eyes and leaving her nose and mouth exposed. A few elongated, sharp teeth border the very bottom, and at the top it's curved, as if mocking horns.
    It grants an almost below average boost to strength, hierro, and speed, though still obviously on the border of superhuman in comparison to other pluses/humans. Her cero and bala are just above average, and are her preferred weapons while her mask is donned.
    The most remarkable ability granted by her mask is the ability to create kinetic hypnosis with continued movement, creating a compulsion to follow her movements. It's at its most effective when she dances with it on. The longer she goes, the more in tune the victim(s) are to her movements, and eventually even if she stops, they will continue following those movements until she leaves sight. However, any attack against their person will end the "hypnosis", and strong-willed opponents can resist its pull.

Spoiler
    Show
    While I did want to keep this a secret, I have plans regarding Valeria's potential strength that would be worth discussing in the wake of a lower power level/curve.

While Valeria's base unique ability is kinetic hypnosis, this is not the full scope of her abilities. Through a freak accident, or something, she has the latent ability to absorb minuscule bits of essence from Hollows: enough to gain any unique abilities they had, but not enough to give a noticeable power boost in a singular fashion. She will not have every unique ability at once. I plan to make it that she needs to perform some kind of ritual or mental exercise that would be long enough to be a slight hindrance in battle, to switch the granted powers of her mask. Yes, over time this means she might have an ability for any or most situations, and her base strength will increase slightly... but hopefully this won't be an issue. She'll either need to risk switching in-battle, or be prepared for it to have the upper hand in battle, IMO.

Also hardly a balancing point here, but worth mention, as time passes and she absorbs more hollow essence, it will become harder and harder to keep control, being that she will essentially be a human Gillian. But this is pretty much playing to my love of inner conflicts. There can be IC consequences for her losing control... but lets still not count this as "balancing".

RE: Koujin: I'm wary of holding up a Captain position with a Captain from last game. If nothing else, if no one claims it, yeah, I guess it's fine... but I think we should give other people the chance to grab Captain seats. Exactly why I'm talking about Ryouichi as the potential Commander General. If people support me, fine. If someone else applies and the support shifts, I'll step down without issue. Sure, you can apply Koujin for the position, but I think it should be up to the populace who gets the positions. IMO.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2010-03-19 at 05:29 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Naraku, Outraged Modsoul
    Spoiler
    Show

Reiatsu: Dark Red

Appearance:

Spoiler
    Show

Naraku is a modsoul. He resembles a small white sphere, similar to a candy.

Personality:

Spoiler
    Show

Naraku despises the Soul Society and all it represents with a burning hatred that only the Hollow could match. He has taken worship of Kujo and his deranged path of destruction, and has used of guile, deceit and charisma to gather a cult of like-minded spiritual beings to follow in the steps of the false god like an unholy army. Naraku wishes nothing more and nothing less than the destruction of the balance of the afterlives.

History:

Spoiler
    Show

Naraku does not talk about his past, but much of it can be infered from the simple fact that he is a modsoul, by those who find out such a fact. He escaped the mass destruction of his kind after he was created, and took on as his personal crusade to seek vengeance for the misdeed.

Powers:

Spoiler
    Show

Naraku is a modsoul, his primary power is taking over the body of whoever has consumed him, expelling the proper owner. However, Naraku prefers to take over the bodies of the dead to avoid trouble with the spirit. He can access the full memories and knowledge of the former owner of the body, including muscle memory and fighting styles.

Preserve: As his most basic ability, Naraku can cause the corpses he's taken over to stop degrading, even spiritual bodies can be so changed to avoid breaking into reishi and dispersing in the air. He can cause this effect to persist indefinitely even after abandoning the body.

Might: A body controled by Naraku has increased physical strenght.

Speed: A body controled by Naraku has increased speed, agility and reaction time, being even capable of performing a form of shumpo.

Fast Regeneration: A body controled by Naraku can quickly repair wounds and regrow lost parts, even the head. Naraku requires at least 50% of the body to remain to perform this regeneration.

Mobility: Naraku can move on long spidery legs when not inside a corpse. If broken, these legs quickly regrow.

Life and Death: Naraku can, when controling a corpse, cause its touch to heal wounds as if the recipient had regeneration, or cause the flesh to rot away in a gruesome display. This ability can also be channeled through held melee weapons.

Nathanael Sunan, Scribe of the Enclave
    Spoiler
    Show

Warden Nathanael Sunan is a patient man with a fascination for glyphs, spending much of his free time imagining and drawing new patterns, perhaps in contrast with Lisette, he has no interest in body glyphs, thinking the risk too great for the benefit. He is saddened by the probable loss of the ancient libraries of the order, and thinks it his responsibility to restore the art of inscription.

Appearance: Nathanael is a large man, over six feet tall, with a strong physique, made all the more imposing by the heavy steel plate that covers him, this plate is adorned with intricate patterns, mainly in the chestpiece, the pauldrons, the gauntlets and the greaves, a long white cloak falls over his back, and he wears a short white robe beneath his armor, reaching down to his knees. Nathanael keeps his brown hair short, has dark brown eyes and a square chin, his expression is quite friendly.

Glyphs: As a scribe, Nathanael has several passive glyphs engraved on his equipment and owns a powerful tool of the enclave, the Tome of Glyphs.

Reconcilio: Nathanael has this glyph inscribed upon his gauntlets.

Glyph of Purification: Nathanael has the glyph of purification inscribed on his amulet. The glyph of purification can be activated to unleash a torrent of holy flames around him or as an explosive projectile. These flames act much like normal fire with regards to material objects and living creatures, but burns much stronger when in contact with spiritual matter or beings, and even stronger when it touches a corrupt soul (such as a hollow). A soul burned away by this fire is subject to the effect of Reconcilio.

Glyph of Ironskin: Nathanael has inscribed this glyph upon his armor, this is a passive glyph. The glyph of ironskin infuses the armor and the wearer with great resilience and protection.

Glyph of the Indomitable: Nathanael has this glyph inscribed upon his greaves, this is a passive glyph. The glyph of the indomitable allows Nathanael to resist even the greatest strength.

Glyph of the Unstoppable: Nathanael has this glyph inscribed upon his pauldrons, this is a passive glyph. The glyph of the unstoppable bolsters Nathanael’s already considerable physical might.

Tome of Glyphs: As a scribe, Nathanael owns a large grimoire with a variety of different glyphs inscribed and described upon its pages, as well as the basic instructions on the inscription and creation of glyphs. Nathanael can use the Tome of Glyphs to quickly write temporary glyphs upon objects, he does this by drawing the glyph upon the object with glowing lines of spiritual energy with his hand; these minor glyphs fade after a few minutes. Example minor glyphs:
    - Glyph of Strength: This glyph boosts the strength of the wearer of the inscribed item; it is overwritten by stronger glyphs with similar effect.
    - Glyph of Speed: This glyph boosts the speed and agility of the wearer of the inscribed item; it is overwritten by stronger glyphs with similar effect.
    - Glyph of Resilience: This glyph boosts the resilience of the wearer of the inscribed item; it is overwritten by stronger glyphs with similar effect.
    - Glyph of Fire: This glyph surrounds the inscribed weapon with an aura of fire.
    - Glyph of Lightning: This glyph surrounds the inscribed weapon with an aura of electricity.
    - Glyph of Frost: This glyph surrounds the inscribed weapon with an aura of ice.
    - Glyph of Life: This glyph slowly heals the wearer of the inscribed object.

Ryou Kazuo, Sane 12th division officer
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will work on it in a moment.

The Ghost King of Hollows.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dun dun duuuun.

----

On Las Noches, I was thinking of this organization:

The King of Hollows: The King of Hollows, duh.
    The Espada: Captain/Nobility Equivalents.
    Fraccion: The liutenants, officers and close persons to the Espada.
    Numeros: The soldiers of Las Noches.
    Rest: The rest.

I perceive Las Noches as a city in Hueco Mundo, a city governed by arrancar and open to shinigami, mortal and hollow alike. A city where all beneath the artificial sun is under scrutiny of the law enforcement of the city, but where the shady alleys are hive to scum of the worst sort, criminals, traitors, traficants. A place where the Commander General and the Big Bad can look face to face and not be expected to try to kill each other on the risk of losing free access to this (mostly) safe haven.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

A wretched hive of scum and villainy, eh?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Naraku, Outraged Modsoul
    Spoiler
    Show

Reiatsu: Dark Red

Appearance:

Spoiler
    Show

Naraku is a modsoul. He resembles a small white sphere, similar to a candy.

Personality:

Spoiler
    Show

Naraku despises the Soul Society and all it represents with a burning hatred that only the Hollow could match. He has taken worship of Kujo and his deranged path of destruction, and has used of guile, deceit and charisma to gather a cult of like-minded spiritual beings to follow in the steps of the false god like an unholy army. Naraku wishes nothing more and nothing less than the destruction of the balance of the afterlives.

History:

Spoiler
    Show

Naraku does not talk about his past, but much of it can be infered from the simple fact that he is a modsoul, by those who find out such a fact. He escaped the mass destruction of his kind after he was created, and took on as his personal crusade to seek vengeance for the misdeed.

Powers:

Spoiler
    Show

Naraku is a modsoul, his primary power is taking over the body of whoever has consumed him, expelling the proper owner. However, Naraku prefers to take over the bodies of the dead to avoid trouble with the spirit. He can access the full memories and knowledge of the former owner of the body, including muscle memory and fighting styles.

Preserve: As his most basic ability, Naraku can cause the corpses he's taken over to stop degrading, even spiritual bodies can be so changed to avoid breaking into reishi and dispersing in the air. He can cause this effect to persist indefinitely even after abandoning the body.

Might: A body controled by Naraku has increased physical strenght.

Speed: A body controled by Naraku has increased speed, agility and reaction time, being even capable of performing a form of shumpo.

Fast Regeneration: A body controled by Naraku can quickly repair wounds and regrow lost parts, even the head. Naraku requires at least 50% of the body to remain to perform this regeneration.

Mobility: Naraku can move on long spidery legs when not inside a corpse. If broken, these legs quickly regrow.

Life and Death: Naraku can, when controling a corpse, cause its touch to heal wounds as if the recipient had regeneration, or cause the flesh to rot away in a gruesome display. This ability can also be channeled through held melee weapons.
    I have some trouble with this ability, mostly the 'death' part seeing how it seems so ambiguous. How far does this rot extend? Can it be resisted? Etc. I think it needs some clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    On Las Noches, I was thinking of this organization:

The King of Hollows: The King of Hollows, duh.
    The Espada: Captain/Nobility Equivalents.
    Fraccion: The liutenants, officers and close persons to the Espada.
    Numeros: The soldiers of Las Noches.
    Rest: The rest.

I perceive Las Noches as a city in Hueco Mundo, a city governed by arrancar and open to shinigami, mortal and hollow alike. A city where all beneath the artificial sun is under scrutiny of the law enforcement of the city, but where the shady alleys are hive to scum of the worst sort, criminals, traitors, traficants. A place where the Commander General and the Big Bad can look face to face and not be expected to try to kill each other on the risk of losing free access to this (mostly) safe haven.
    I have some problems with the idea of Las Noches being a friendly place as well. Well...not friendly but neutral. If the arrancar aren't enemies of the shinigami and have built a city where all can coexist peacefully...then why are the Gotei 13 still around? It implies diplomacy is very much possible and a non-violent solution to stop Hollow attacks, and that the Gotei 13 are hate/warmongers for continuing a war against a people who might be open to peace. Is it just the arrancar that feel this way? If so, why are the shinigami trying to kill hollows when they should be trying to encourage them to become arrancar and become friendly.

...As poorly put as that was, I believe it still gets the point across well enough.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-03-19 at 06:33 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

There are still feral hollows. And antagonistic Arrancar. Etc.

I honestly kind of like this idea better than conforming to the idea of the canon plot in Seireitei vs. Hueco Mundo.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I have some problems with the idea of Las Noches being a friendly place as well. Well...not friendly but neutral. If the arrancar aren't enemies of the shinigami and have built a city where all can coexist peacefully...then why are the Gotei 13 still around? It implies diplomacy is very much possible and a non-violent solution to stop Hollow attacks, and that the Gotei 13 are hate/warmongers for continuing a war against a people who might be open to peace. Is it just the arrancar that feel this way? If so, why are the shinigami trying to kill hollows when they should be trying to encourage them to become arrancar and become friendly.

...As poorly put as that was, I believe it still gets the point across well enough.
    I have to echo this. The whole reason Soul Society exists other then to get the dead into "heaven" is to fight Hollows...I think we should keep that dynamic. Even if it isn't the core one, I think that going against that sorta defeats the purpose of us using Bleach.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    There are still feral hollows. And antagonistic Arrancar. Etc.

I honestly kind of like this idea better than conforming to the idea of the canon plot in Seireitei vs. Hueco Mundo.
    I'm not saying the plot should focus on Seireitei vs. Hueco Mundo, not at all. The plot should focus wherever the the plot goes, I'm mostly voicing my opinion that the Seireitei and Hueco Mundo should still be opposed forces. Cause most human hollows have some degree of intelligence and if it's just feral hollows and antagonistic arrancar then the Gotei 13 still shouldn't exist in as large a size as it does normally. It simply wouldn't NEED that many shinigami.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

The idea here isn't that arrancar and hollows are friendly.

The idea is that one vasto lorde decided to open his domain to other spiritual beings. Mainly because rational menos actually have very little reason to fight shinigami except spite, this is because your average menos won't ever leave Hueco Mundo unless goaded out by some other force. Menos have no interest in plus or living souls, they eat other hollows.

This entire setup is possible because, right now, we don't really have this RP heading the way of "Soul Society vs Hueco Mundo" like it is on the current incarnation. Our current big bad is a criminal from the seireitei who has no links to hollows at all.

This has also another reason. A lot of people liked, for whatever reason, to have their villainous arrancars be... Actually pretty nice people (you know who you are), and since the arrancar are not going to be the villain species this time around, why not have their prime organization be not-directly antagonical? I am not talking about good hollows or hollows that are even allied or even prone to helping the seireitei (as a whole anyway), I am just talking about a place where killing anyone on sight is a poor idea.

This place happens to be located in Hueco Mundo and be ruled by a hollow.

---

As for the rot. It does not spread much after the initial blow is struck. Think of it as just an extra negative energy damage on each attack. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the healing is not that quck either.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Hayashi Izumi, Substitute Shinigami

Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5’5”

Weight: 90 kg

Reiatsu/Speaking color: Green

Appearance: Izumi is a girl of about 17 years old, with long, black hair, light skin, and blue eyes, and who has been commented by many as quite stunning in appearance. She generally wears a typical Japanese school uniform, although outside of school, she generally wears jeans and a t-shirt.
    Personality: Izumi has a kind personality to her friends, and will work in any way she can to defend them if they’re getting hurt, although she prefers to act as support and let them solve a problem themselves unless they’re unable to. She’s also quite hard-working, doing consistently well in school as well as a number of extracurricular activities, particularly the kendo club and singing.
    Zanpaktou: Kaminari (雷) appears as a simple katana, carried at Izumi’s side. However, it has a pattern of stormclouds engraved along the blade in its sealed state.

Shikai: ‘Strike down from the heavens, Kaminari!’
    Kaminari, becomes wider, and shifts to a grey color.
    In Shikai, Izumi gains the ability to call down lightning with the command ‘Inazuma’, and can also charge up the blade with electricity. However, only one lightning strike can be called at a time, although they can be called quite quickly after each other.
    The blade itself also gains more cutting power, and she is slightly faster In this form.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Besides, what's to say that Kujo's antic don't eventually lead to making Las Noches a hostile force?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

So... is Las Noches basically going to be the City of Brass?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

So.. planning to transfer this.. Looking for suggestions as to how to tone him down.. if at all.

Midkan Hama:
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Midkan Hama

Affiliation: Samsara, Mortal monitor, keeps a track of all mortal world relations, and sets up things for them.

Power Level: 3rd seat normally, second augment conditional release... Vice Captain level.

Weight: 210 Lbs. A tall, and well muscled man, and by well muscled I mean BUILT.

Hair: Black

Eyes: A cool amber color, with flecks of silver thrown in there liberally.

Hair: Black, kept in a short crew cut.

Zanpaktou: Inu Senka

First Augment (constant): Inu Senka is a constant release zanpaktou, it's main power being the Mystic eyes that make Midkan stand out so brashly in a crowd, and allow him to be seen by mortals, and act functionally as both a human, and a spirit. It also functions as a single barrel semi automatic seiga semi automatic shotgun.

Mystic Eyes Charm: His eyes, while naturally cute in their own right, grant him the ability to make someone trust him completely just by looking into their eyes for 10 seconds. This can be broken by sufficent will power, or if it would make them do something they normally would not have done.

Mystic Eyes, Paralyze: This being the most oft used of his abilities. This allows him to slowly paralyze someone with his continued glare, this takes time, and varies from person to person based on spiritual/will power, and it's starting effects start as a unwillingness of your fingers, or most outward extremities to move, the more will power, or spiritual power you have though, the longer this takes to take hold.

This is also REALLY handy for stopping kidnappers from shooting a hostage.

Second Augment (Conditional): Cry, Inu Senka: The true form of his zanpaktou's release, and arguably himself. Can only be shown, and weather he likes it or not, on the day of the Full Moon. In this augment, his body writhes, and warps, turning him into the iconic creature of legend. The Werewolf. Giving him Super Human (Even by Shinigami standards.) strength, and speed... But also giving him all the weaknesses a were wolf has, silver pierces his skin as if it were tissue paper, and stops any natural healing for long periods of time. As well as any attack from wolves or wolf like beings tearing into his flesh as they would anyone elses, this includes the resident Wolf people like Nukari, Catrin, and Ami.. In the previous RP.

His reiatsu power in his constant release will be around 3rd, or 4th seat here... except in the involuntary and uncontrollable second stage.. This can ONLY happen once monthly as well depending on the stages of the moon.

The second part I'm leaving entirely up to the RP if it should be in there at all, and am fully willing to take it out into well down the line if that is what people want.

Also.. Horngeek..

I have a character named Izumi Hayashi from a old Evangelion RP we did... She piloted unit 02, and was extremely hot blooded (A gurren lagann expy in fact.. and this was before I read Shinji Ikari and Warhammer 40k.).

So I'm sorry, but I think I have her image stuck in my head for that character. >_<
    Last edited by Fan; 2010-03-19 at 07:14 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Firstly, I like Draken's idea, a lot.

Second, the captain guy I'm thinking of would be Captain of 11th, but he'd be...

basically, think less Blood Knight, and more Martial Pacifist- he's damm good at sword fighting, but he doesn't LIKE to fight- he only does so when nessesary.

This would reflect what I want to do with 11th- less a bunch of brawlers, and more experts at kenjutsu, and a lot like japanese samurai.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Firstly, I like Draken's idea, a lot.

Second, the captain guy I'm thinking of would be Captain of 11th, but he'd be...

basically, think less Blood Knight, and more Martial Pacifist- he's damm good at sword fighting, but he doesn't LIKE to fight- he only does so when nessesary.

This would reflect what I want to do with 11th- less a bunch of brawlers, and more experts at kenjutsu, and a lot like japanese samurai.
    You'd want third division then.

They're all about being good at fighting, but not liking it.