New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default When you're are evil - IC

From wherever you were suddenly you feel gripped by magic, it's strong and even though you do your best affords you can not resist it. You recognize it as a teleport spell.

Suddenly you stand in large cave. It's hot and the ground is made out of ash. Next to are a few others, also looking around. In front of you is a demon.

The demon sits on stone throne. The first thing you notice is that he has a burlap hanging from his helm so you cannot see his face. At his sides are two demonic wings that end in a sharp claw. He wears a full plate, part made of some king of iron and part made of dragon skins. His kneecaps are decorated so it looks like the face of a hell hound.

""Shall we play a little game, mortals? You all are mistreated and outcasts of this world. Now I give you 365 days to conquer it, the entire world. If you fail I will get your soul, your body, your consciousness and everything you own."

The demon stares at the party, calmly waiting for a response.
    Last edited by Rannil; 2010-07-08 at 03:47 PM.
    ~~And now I'm moving... Shouldn't change that much in my posting... But Hitting is still allowed when I slack off.~~

Thanks a lot to GreenMuffin, again, for another awesome avatar. Steampunk warforged ftw!

My dragons:

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: When you're are evil - IC

One of the humans there starts speaking, he face and obscured by the cloak he wears, as he steps forward his cloak and face are uncovered only to be quickly covered again in paint. The paint makes the speaker look like they are making a mockery of the Kolyarut* I'll agree that when 365 have pasted on the material plane that I will exist on for said 365 days, and the starting day of the 365 days begins on the end of the day the agreement is meet, that a large majority of the intelligent populous that resides on the surface of the world that I will exist on will considered it conquered.then the speaker smiles, then you will die a rabbits death, are these terms acceptable? Perhaps any others here could cover any loop holes I've missed.

Using the hat of disguise to change appearances, changing the appearance to appears covered in paint
    *Kolyarut are the extraplanar constructs who punish those who willingly break contracts and oaths.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3

A strikingly tall and handsome man steps forward, with firey red hair, and wearing a long, graindoise coat."Uh huh. And what do we get out this little bargain? Apart from the great honor of entertaining you, your most demonness." He finishes his speach in a flourish of his coat, bowing most deeply.
    Last edited by Tinydwarfman; 2010-07-10 at 01:53 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Vern smirks at the demon. "Well, that's all good and all, but what's to stop me from, y'know, just not? Or, better yet, what's to stop me from stopping you from making me do this, with the whole soul thing? I doubt you're that powerful."
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

5. - Top - End - #5

Also, I eye up the other people here. What do I see?
    OOC: Describe yourselves people!

Brewyn stands tall and regal, handsome and very conspicuos. With red hair and dark eyes, he stands in a long black coat overflowing with embroidery. He carries remarkably little, the only noticable thing being a small black cat on his shoulder, and has only a small belt pouch and his pockets to contain his belonings.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Treskton is a tall, tanned man, with many scars across his face. He has piercing blue eyes, but otherwise, none of his features are particularly striking; most of his body is hidden by his cloak, with only a pair of pitch black gloves and dark, glowing swords being notable. Next to him is a brown bear wearing leather padding, pawing the ground anxiously.

If I've got this correct, you're offering us a deal where we succeed and... get nothing, or we fail and die. Why would we take this offer, exactly?

7. - Top - End - #7

OOC: How do dark swords glow?

To DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I manifest Read Thoughts, and look at the Demon, and then at my fellow evildoers.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tinydwarfman View Post
    OOC: How do dark swords glow?

To DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I manifest Read Thoughts, and look at the Demon, and then at my fellow evildoers.
    They're like blacklights.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Vern is a tall, lean fellow with impeccable sylvan features and finely scaled skin that emits colors similar to an opal. He wears loose, simple but fine silks, based more towards comfort & style than practicality.
    His loose navy hair is tied back into a short ponytail, and he wears a cocky grin on his face.
    "I agree with the ugly bear man. If you're powerful enough to conquer the world, why are you having us do it? And if you're not, then what's to stop us from just killing you where you stand?"

10. - Top - End - #10

BlackDragon

Lenue changes his appearance back to the cloaked man he was mere seconds before. He is a man of below average stature and the haversack underneath the cloak makes it appears as if he has a bulge on his back. Dark circle appear underneath his worn brown eyes from lack of sleep, his short brown hair is in disarray as if it hasn't been brushed in awhile. Two pouches rest on either side of his hips, his clothes is that of a normal scholars again, and his hands are covered in the a pair of blue gloves that have golden stars stitched into the knuckles.

The other heres do make an excellent point, if you hadn't caught me at a disadvantage from teleporting me here just as I woke up, then I'd also be plotting your demise in the near future. I do say, your manners leave much to be desired, you haven't even mentioned your name yet.
    Last edited by The Shadowmind; 2010-07-10 at 11:27 PM.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Even though you cannot see the demon's face, you got the feeling he is smirking.
    "I don't want the world, that is your reward if you succeed, or isn't that enough, is there that you dare to desire?
    And would you mortals really think I summoned you in my lair if I couldn't defeat you at the same time?
    If you want my life as part of the deal, it means that I can interfere with you, is that something you dare to risk?
    Perhaps I could convince you with offering one of my more famous names, if you agree to my quest."

To Tinydwarfman
    Spoiler
    Show
    The demon resists your spells with ease. The surface thoughts of the others are clouded with the current situation.
    Last edited by Rannil; 2010-07-11 at 01:31 AM.
    ~~And now I'm moving... Shouldn't change that much in my posting... But Hitting is still allowed when I slack off.~~

Thanks a lot to GreenMuffin, again, for another awesome avatar. Steampunk warforged ftw!

My dragons:

12. - Top - End - #12

OOC: Oh, oh, pick me! Is it Asmodean? But seriously, what about my previous action?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tinydwarfman View Post
    OOC: Oh, oh, pick me! Is it Asmodean? But seriously, what about my previous action?
    OOC: I swordsaged you with an edit.
    Last edited by Rannil; 2010-07-11 at 01:34 AM.

My dragons:

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Vern crosses his arms, looking unamused. "Oh, do tell, this is certainly going to be interesting. I've annihilated devas before, I doubt the other side of the spectrum should prove too much more trouble."

Spoiler
    Show
    Tinydwarfman: It's Asmodeus, not Asmodean.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tinydwarfman: It's Asmodeus, not Asmodean.
    OOC: Bah! Details, details.

16. - Top - End - #16

BlackDragon

OOC:Anyone has anything else to say? I have nothing.
    Last edited by The Shadowmind; 2010-07-14 at 08:37 PM.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

Well, if we have no choice in the matter, would be so kind as to explain exactly how we are supposed to take over the world in a year?" Brewyn states with another flourish. "I don't suppose we'll be receiving any help from you, whoever you are. Why must these other people and I ally anyways? Are we to rule together?"

OOC: We should probably start brainstorming good ways of conquering the world.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC: Let's get the DM to answer our questions first, eh?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: Let's get the DM to answer our questions first, eh?
    OOC: And here I was waiting for you guys to answer my questions. Did I miss something?

My dragons:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Vern crosses his arms, looking unamused. "Oh, do tell, this is certainly going to be interesting. I've annihilated devas before, I doubt the other side of the spectrum should prove too much more trouble."
    Yes. Yes, apparently you did.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: Don't forgot the OOC thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (I didn't miss it, but didn't saw it as a question. Bad me.

"I assume you all agree then. You mortals know me as Anarazel, The Daring Darkness.
    I wouldn't give you help, I can give you one thing, advise. Fear conquers and powers rules. Get followers. You already got already each other and you should work together. If any of you attacks another of you, you will lose the bet. And with that your life.
    So the world would be your reward, unless you dare to wish more. My death was named, but that would mean I could interfere."

My dragons:

22. - Top - End - #22

I extend my mind out to my 3 companions, hoping to speak to them without letting the demon dude catching on.

Don't show any surprise. I don't wish to give this advantage away to the demon yet. Have any of you heard of heard of this Anarazel?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

@The Shadowmind
    Spoiler
    Show
    For now I will take your roll in the OOC post, but technically you only wanted to make that roll if it wasn't a "Plot level demon". I would allow a reroll, if you want to. And because you a rolled a 2 I can safely give the first information for now.

A Knowledge (The Planes) of 22 would tell you:
    Anarazel is the lord of the 79th layer of the abyssal, The Emessu Tunnels. He is a demonlord without a lot of followers on the material planes and some even question his title of "lord".

My dragons:

24. - Top - End - #24

BlackDragon

Lenue pulls out a thick dragonhide bound book, as he begins to turns the pages, his hand on the back begin tap rhythmically as he begins to hum a song in Sylvan,

To Rannil and TinyDwarfMan
    Spoiler
    Show

[Bluff Check to pass a secret message, "20 for complex messages, especially those that rely on getting across new information." so DC 20. Bluff roll, using cunning knowledge 13 inspiration points left. 11+8 modifiers.
    (1d20+19)[32], auto succeed, but roll needed if anyone wants else wants to sense motive to see the message.
    Anarazel is the lord of the 79th layer of the abyssal, The Emessu Tunnels. He is a demonlord without a lot of followers on the material planes and some even question his title of "lord".
    Last edited by The Shadowmind; 2010-07-17 at 01:18 PM.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

I repeat what Lenue told me to the others Our friend the bookeeper here has informed me that this is Anarazel, the lord of the 79th layer of the abyssal, The Emessu Tunnels. He is a demonlord without a lot of followers on the material planes and some even question his title of "lord"., and then I ask Lenue and the others, Do you think we can take him if we work together?

I then say out loud to Anarazel "So how are we supposed to go about conquering the world anyway? We may all be people of great power, but we are not the only ones. Each kingdom will have forces greater than our own. Honestly I'm not seeing how it's possible, at least, without a little help." I finish suggestively.
    Last edited by Tinydwarfman; 2010-07-17 at 01:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

"Of course I would bring you back near the weakest kingdom of your plane. I could lend some minions so you can secure conquered land, but don't start with full out wars. Assassins can become kings too."

My dragons:

27. - Top - End - #27

By my companion's silence, I assume they have chickened out. Oh well.

"Alright, I accept your offer. So where are you sending us?"

28. - Top - End - #28

BlackDragon

I'm here as well.

I'll agree as well to the terms, and don't worry I won't lift a finger against you during the agreement dates., At least not directly, there are plenty of heroic idiots in the world that would jump at the chance to kill a demon lord
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

My slow posting doesn't help, sorry for that.

"The kingdom of Dakuho. Years of famine and a recent disease wiped out their numbers. But who ever is left standing to fight is quite resilient. Do not underestimate, but there will not be a large numbers of resistant."

My dragons:

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Suddenly the demon claps in his hands and you feel being teleported again. When you regain sight you and the others stand in the middle of a crossroad. Each road leads towards a small village. Beyond the village in the north is a hill with a small castle.

My dragons: