New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Good League of Good LVII: Princess Power Trio Plus Protective Parents

[Infirmary]

"Diet ma'am." Get it right!

"Someday I imagine ma'am. Maybe after the see-saw is balanced ma'am. He didn't really say ma'am. Too busy arguing with Decker ma'am."

Butler turns to Quinn. "So if Mrs. Amakirr is out, who is in charge ma'am?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Good League of Good LVII: Princess Power Trio Plus Protective Parents

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    [Front Porch]

"He's been taken by a necromancer and a vampire to the Weald." She puts her hand out to Edijar's wrist. "No. Someone gave Reinholdt permission to be here."
    Edijar looks a bit puzzled at the mention of the Weald, obviously not knowing what that is, but after a moment, he looks right at Charity, setting a hand on her cheek to see her eyes. "Charity...you know me. I couldn't care less about the permission, and I'm sorry for that. Please, let me try to end this quickly for you and Sunny."

3. - Top - End - #483
    Barbarian in the Playground

If I were you, I'd be real smart and put away the gun. Oh hey, Toby's within knife range, and isn't looking terribly thrilled about having an armed stranger in the camp.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

4. - Top - End - #484
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Well....I think that would be me, actually," Quinn says, a bit sheepishly. "Happy...well, she was killed, and when I brought her back she didn't pick up her position. Daisuke did, but he's stuck in indefinite deadtimevanished, so...I think I was next in line."

Either her or Susan, actually.

[Outside]

Jamie gasps behind the rosebush!
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2010-08-06 at 09:08 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

[Porch]

Charity holds his gaze for a moment, and struggles. Didn't she used to picket against the death penalty? And this Reinholdt, this clone, wasn't even the one who had hurt her sister.

But in the end, she nods. For Edijar, and Sunny, and because this violent land had eroded her values enough that she could consent to the death of another.

Then Toby pulls a knife.

"Toby, this is my boyfriend!"
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2010-08-06 at 09:14 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #486

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Infirmary]

"Diet ma'am." Get it right!

"Someday I imagine ma'am. Maybe after the see-saw is balanced ma'am. He didn't really say ma'am. Too busy arguing with Decker ma'am."

Butler turns to Quinn. "So if Mrs. Amakirr is out, who is in charge ma'am?"
    "Ah." Says Susan, downcast. Only a temporary thing then. "Yeah, Quinn's in charge." Susan says, settling the matter. She sure as hell didn't want to.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

[Porch]

He gives Tobias a dark look. "And if I were you..." Edijar says, standing to look at Toby. "I'd just relax and try not to assume things right off the bat." He says in a calmer and nicer tone before he squeezes Charity's shoulder gently, knowing how hard of a decision it was to let him hunt after Reinholdt. "Where was the Cat?"

And nope, he doesn't bat an eye at the knife. The Ex-Commander is more than confident in his abilities to handle anyone in a knife fight.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quinn gives Susan a quick smile, although she wishes her friend had taken it over instead.

---

[Outside]

Jamie stays behind the rosebush, debating whether or not to jump out and try to stop the incipient unpleasantness.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #489

That's great Charity, but it really doesn't change the fact that he is HOLDING A GUN in a place where he really doesn't need one. That last is said loud enough to possibly attract attention. The Druid looks at Edijar and chuckles. I don't know which cat you're here to hunt, but if you don't put that away we're going to have some real problems. You DO NOT come in here and pick a fight with me or mine. Look what happened to AMEN when they tried it. He actually suspects the former soldier is part of AMEN, given the kidnappings and all.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Life's temporary Susan. Heck, he only had 8 years to live originally anyways. And that was over a year ago!

"Oh, then I'll tell you ma'am. I don't intend to stay ma'am. This place neither needs nor can afford a butler ma'am. I'm thinking I'll be working at the Watchtower now ma'am."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

[Front Porch]

Charity gets to her feet. She held her temper in the whole time she was dealing with Reinholdt, and this is just one provocation too far.

"This is the **** Nexus! Of course there's a **** reason to hold a **** gun! There isn't any sort of magical **** fairy dust protecting people in this very **** camp from getting kidnapped or killed. And for your information, no one picked a fight with anybody until you showed up and started making **** threats!"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

Jamie, shocked by Charity's outburt, bursts from behind the rosebush and runs for the Infirmary!

Quite possibly being seen by all invoved, of course. >_>

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Won't somebody think of the CHILDREN!?

Jazirian would be pretty shocked too, if he had been there. But he's not. So hah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

[Porch]

Edijar winces as Charity gets into her tirade and he puts away the gun, giving Tobias a Look. After that he turns his full attention to his girlfriend. "Charity, it was just a misunderstanding. He doesn't know the full story." He says, trying to put his hands onto her shoulders to reinforce trying to calm her down.

15. - Top - End - #495

Toby stiffens as he listens to Charity's rant, his eyes going dark and deadly. But when Edijar holsters his weapon, the Druid puts away his knife and puts on a cheery smile. Yes, I'm sure this is all just a zany misunderstanding. Please, tell me why you think killing someone in my camp is necessary.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2010-08-06 at 10:04 PM.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

[Inside the Infirmary]

Jamie rushes inside, up to Quinn, and looks up at her mother as they share a quick, telepathic conversation.
    The better not to have to type everythign up for Butler's and Susan's benefit.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

[Porch]

Charity visibly deflates as the fight de-escalates, not looking at anyone, but putting a hand up to squeeze Edijar's as it rests on her shoulder.

I need a drink...

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Infirmary]

Life's temporary Susan. Heck, he only had 8 years to live originally anyways. And that was over a year ago!

"Oh, then I'll tell you ma'am. I don't intend to stay ma'am. This place neither needs nor can afford a butler ma'am. I'm thinking I'll be working at the Watchtower now ma'am."
    Butler waits for Quinn to reply, since she's CLEARLY not talking to Jamie.
    *stare stare*
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

[Porch]

"There's stuff in the truck for you."
    Edijar whispers to Charity, guessing her thoughts. He sighs and turns to Tobias. "I'm hunting Reinholdt for various crimes, several of which are of a nature that is more than enough to make anyone squeamish. I likely should have at least been a bit more subtle about this, or at least warn you, but I am sorry, I won't stop. I'll at least make sure if anything happens, it won't happen here."

Nope, Edijar plans to drag the Cat kicking to a place where no one can hear him scream...

"I know I'm a guest here, but after this, I doubt I'll return to bother you again."

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

Quinn, whose player thought Butler was talking to Susan, looks up, and frowns a little.
    "You'll...be leaving? But the place hasn't been the same without you..."
    She sighs.
    "...and if you'll excuse me, Butler, Susan, I need to go make sure I don't become a widow so soon."

And she turns to head out of the Infirmary!
    Unless stopped.

"And also to have a few words with Charity about her use of the Speak Language skill..."

Jamie stays in the infirmary, looking a bit distressed.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #501

Reinholdt!? That visibly surprises Toby, but, if anything, it makes him look even more steely-eyed. Reinholdt is a guest here, and you will most certainly do nothing to him here. Furthermore, you don't really know who you're talking to. I have committed two separate acts of genocide. I am here, at least partly, for redemption. As much as you may have a legitimate reason for trying to kill him, if he ever asks me to help him, or shows signs of wanting to be a Good person, I will do everything in my considerable power to do the right thing. His voice softens, and he leans back with a tight smile. Just so we're clear about everything. You may leave now.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Butler doesn't stop Quinn! It's a shame someone won't clone Butler so he can butler in two places at once without the excessive, abusive plot cloning.

[Charity's Phone]
    Is ringing!
    That won't add to an already tense situation at all!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

[Porch]

Charity answers her phone. Normally she'd walk away to keep from disturbing the others, but she doesn't trust the whole alpha male thing not to break out again. "Hello?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ogre in the Playground

Edijar doesn't back away from the look, meeting it with a glare of his own. "In all honesty, I don't give a damn who you are, or what you did. And while I don't believe you're the owner of this place, I'll still leave as I'm apparently not wanted here." He turns to go, but waits for Charity so he could tell her goodbye.

25. - Top - End - #505

I'm not the owner, I just work here. And he's back to smiling pleasantly. And, so long as you intend on murdering our guests, I'm sorry, but you aren't welcome.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

[Phone!]

"Hi... err... I don't think I ever caught your name. Anyways, I wanted to let you know not to go to the Weald. I just picked up something that I think will help me find Phoenix through all the weird Weald stuff and there's really no point in risking more lives than necessary. I promise to bring him back safe and sound. So... err... that's it really." Reinholdt's on the phone! He must've picked one up on the way back from Trog's.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-08-06 at 10:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

Quinn is approaching, and, overhearing, frowns.
    "Ah...Toby dear...Mr, Edijar...is there a problem here?" she asks, giving Tobias a 'I'm the one in charge here' look.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

[Phone]

"Don't you think you should have some help?" she asks, while glaring at Toby. So Toby is allowed to have an omnicidal cat as a guest, but Charity isn't allowed to have her own boyfriend as hers? A boyfriend who just helped rescue another GLoG member? Glaaaaaaare.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

[Phone]

"Oh... well probably, but that's never stopped me in the past! I've been in the Weald before. I'll be ok. Or live through it anyways." Reinholdt doesn't know about the SUPAH magic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

Edijar gives a look at Tobias before shaking his head at Quinn. "No, he's made it very clear I am not the kind of person allowed here. Thank you for treating my wrist, but I must get going." He gives Charity a quick peck on the cheek. "Give me a call later, you can keep the truck here." He says quietly, trying not to interrupt her call more than necessary. After that, he begins to walk out of GLOG unless stopped.