New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Manga thread (Spoilers)

That is a good point about the whole Activating During Ritual aspect. Something that it seems none of Konoha seemed to know about.

As for the fourth being the most despised. I don't know, your assesment seems to harsh. I doubt he is considered the greatest political hokage ever. He does seem to be well thought of for his techniques and his skill as a combatant (see the last world war ninja). But as a hokage he just didnt seem to do that great. They lost of the power of the nine tails for 16 years and got messed up with the invasion of the sand (who while being INFLUENCED by orochimaru, still attacked with their full ninja military and tailed beast).

As for the resistance and attack power.
    He didnt have a scratch on him even though he fell onto solid rock. He was also able to take on 5 of the pains without the need for the fox's chakra. And konoha as a whole barely defeated i think 2?

he was also able to take on the fox inside him using the barrage of sage balls that would wipe out a very large area if they hit the ground. and now with the extra boost in chakra he can probably make a 10,000 ninja army.
    That which creates life has power to take it right back .

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    It's possible that it's connected to the Ten-tailed Beast, but it's definitely the spitting image of the thing that Pain summoned against Hanzō.
    Sorry for double posting, but I just thought that maybe someone who had the rinnegan might have some deep connection to the 10 tailed beast ('s shell maybe? like snake skin?).
    But that doesn't explain the things cast from it or the black crystals. That whole statue thing needs to be explored more.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Now that Naruto is in complete control of the kyuubi, would it be safe to assume that maintaining the seal would take less chakra?
    If this is the case then...
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...I would like to cite a line from Kakashi in the chapter 320-that Naruto's chakra levels are about 4x Kakashi's own and that if he didn't have to supress the kyuubi it would be about 100x more. This would mean that with the chakra required to maintain the seal hypothectically reduced to zero Naruto's base(before senjutsu/kyuubi chakra is added) chakra would increase at least 25-fold.
    Given Senjutsu chakra levels are proportional to the other chakras in the mix this could prove important.
    Note that such a boost would likely not be anywhere near that big and that Naruto's ability to tap the kyuubi's chakra at will would mitigate much of the effect.

I would also like to see someone combine Tsunade's Yin seal, Senjutsu, and nature manipulation to store potentially infinite chakra (the nature manipulation being to avoid stone frog syndrome on release of the seal).

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Are you saying that natural losses of control that nearly let Fox free dozens of times didin't concerned her, but that ritual she never ever heard of did and she set her reveal counting on unlikely chance it happens? And you see no problems there? [facepalm]
    I'm ignoring the rest of this post because...well it's obvious that it's not worth arguing with you on it, you aren't going to change your mind. But this point...

You do realize that there was already a contingency in place to deal specifically with loses of control? There would have been no sense in adding in a second such contingency when they could put a much more worthwhile contingency into place. Did it occur to you that Kushina's visit was meant to trigger if Naruto ever tried to tame the fox, not when it was trying to control him? You know, a situation where Kushina's abilities would be much more useful?

Aside from that, there has been example of jutsu only triggering under certain circumstances, such as Kakashi's Evil Sealing jutsu or Danzo's Izanagi. Why's it such a stretch that a Hokage was able to 'build' two jutsu into a seal to help out his son in certain specific situations?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

But the act of taming a tailed beast was an unprecedented ability developed by Killer Bee. There was no reason for Kushina or the Fourth to assume Naruto would be able to do such a thing.

I guess one theory is that the Fourth was supposed to come up when Naruto's seal was about to break (becoming physically dominated), and Kushina was to be triggered if Naruto started to become mentally dominated by the nine tails. To use motherly love to suppress the fox's hatred, or something.
    Last edited by AgentofOdd; 2010-08-07 at 07:45 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    But the act of taming a tailed beast is an unprecedented ability developed by Killer Bee. There was no reason for Kushina or the Fourth to assume Naruto would be able to do such a thing.
    The Uchihas and that necklace were still around at the time, both of which can control the Kyuubi to some extent.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

But the act of taming a tailed beast was an unprecedented ability developed by Killer Bee. There was no reason for Kushina or the Fourth to assume Naruto would be able to do such a thing.

I guess one theory is that the Fourth was supposed to come up when Naruto's seal was about to break (becoming physically dominated), and Kushina was to be triggered if Naruto started to become mentally dominated by the nine tails. To use motherly love to suppress the fox's hatred, or something.
    There's your theory (which is good), but the act of taming a tailed beast is not unprecedented. It's what the Shodaime Hokage did. There was plenty of reason for the Fourth and Kushina to think it was possible, just maybe not with Naruto. But I can write that off as parents thinking the world of their kids.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #218

According to chapter 498 you are correct. The ability for someone to simply will a beast into submission was still unknown, but I suppose the having mom temporarily seal the fox with those chains of hers was thought of as a useful reprieve, no matter what Naruto ended up trying.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Firbolg in the Playground

(hence why Naruto is called Uzumaki, not Namikaze, as he should)..
    There's no reason why Naruto shouldn't have his mother's last name. Giving your children their mother's last name is a tradition in Japan when the mother is the one of the last members of a house with more prestige than the father's.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Closet_Skeleton View Post
    There's no reason why Naruto shouldn't have his mother's last name. Giving your children their mother's last name is a tradition in Japan when the mother is the one of the last members of a house with more prestige than the father's.
    They did say that the third hokage chose Naruto's mothers name over his father's name because they didn't want people (and him) to know that his dad was the fourth hokage.

Clicks please! :)

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

So besides avoiding potential assassination attempts, what reason would they have to change his name?

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by devinkowalczyk View Post
    So besides avoiding potential assassination attempts, what reason would they have to change his name?
    That was sorta the main reason.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by devinkowalczyk View Post
    Oh, wait, so that was the reason he got treated like sh**? So noone would assassinate him? I mean, an orphan who just happens to be at the exact right age and look about exactly like his father surely isn't a dead giveaway who he might be. That totally explains why he he got treated like he he did! It all makes sense now!

(No, sorry, I don't want to start another argument. This stupid piece of personal history just keeps annoying me. Because he needed to be an outcast, hu? Concerning Trixie's theory... even though I think Minato made a mistake (yeah, we went over that. Can I keep my opionion please? Thanks) I don't think he was hated by the village. The sole mention he got the treatment he did (keeping his name unknown and hardlytalking about him) were to keep up the bi~ig secret about his son. Meh, to me it still seems like Kishi just isn't as good as explaining things as he should be with his convoluted plots.)

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Oh, wait, so that was the reason he got treated like sh**? So noone would assassinate him? I mean, an orphan who just happens to be at the exact right age and look about exactly like his father surely isn't a dead giveaway who he might be. That totally explains why he he got treated like he he did! It all makes sense now!

(No, sorry, I don't want to start another argument. This stupid piece of personal history just keeps annoying me. Because he needed to be an outcast, hu? Concerning Trixie's theory... even though I think Minato made a mistake (yeah, we went over that. Can I keep my opionion please? Thanks) I don't think he was hated by the village. The sole mention he got the treatment he did (keeping his name unknown and hardlytalking about him) were to keep up the bi~ig secret about his son. Meh, to me it still seems like Kishi just isn't as good as explaining things as he should be with his convoluted plots.)
    Don't be obtuse, that sort of protection wouldn't last and would be redundant anyway once people started to realize that he had the Fox. It was probably just meant to keep him safe until he became a ninja and could protect himself.

As it happens, it seemed to work out pretty well, considering nobody had any friggin' clue who he was before he started tearing **** up.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

Don't be obtuse, that sort of protection wouldn't last and would be redundant anyway once people started to realize that he had the Fox. It was probably just meant to keep him safe until he became a ninja and could protect himself.

As it happens, it seemed to work out pretty well, considering nobody had any friggin' clue who he was before he started tearing **** up.
    I believe in the first few chapters they talk about how all of the adults knew he was the fox, but were forbidden from speaking about it. so the children learned to hate without knowing why.

Maybe no one still knows he is minatos kid. the birth was a big secret and since kushina and he died during hte fox attack maybe they figured he died too.

16. - Top - End - #226

I sure plenty of people outside of the village knew Naruto's status. Being the only child in the village who's blatantly ostracized by both children and adults for no discernible reason? Yep, we got ourselves a tailed beast host. I'd say providence was the only thing that kept Naruto from being captured/killed before the series started.
    Last edited by AgentofOdd; 2010-08-09 at 10:48 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I sure plenty of people outside of the village knew Naruto's status. Being the only child in the village who's blatantly ostracized by both children and adults for no discernible reason? Yep, we got ourselves a tailed beast host. I'd say providence was the only thing that kept Naruto from being captured/killed before the series started.
    Really? Apart from Madara and Akatsuki, name one. Hell, even Orochimaru didn't know right away.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

And being hated alone isn't the best sign that a kid is a tailed beast. After all, it's revealed that Kiba, Chouji, and Shikamaru at least tolerated him and with all the crap he was doing around the village...well...frankly...I'd have hated him too. XD He was a little brat back then.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

While I can only quote the anime for sure, Orochimaru did not know naruto was the tailed beast until the sealing jutsu appeared. that is when he appeared and tried to stop (by way of preventing a host from getting capture) by akatsuki.

Am I the only one dieing to know what part of Itachi's power was given to Naruto?
    Maybe something to resist the eye technique?
    I WANNA KNOW!

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Sooo... Turn out Naruto is nowhere near indestructible after all. Who could have guessed?

Also: with what Kisame and Guy showed this week, I don't get why anyone would need Tailed Beasts at all. They both have more Chakra than weakest TBs, and are (potentially) far more destructive. Sure, TB host can be strong with much less training, but he is also a constant danger to your side, and besides, with treatment they get it's a wonder most of them haven't went AWOL. Hell, maybe these that Akatsuki capture were AWOL.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Bugbear in the Playground

Best. Wall spell. Ever.

Gai and Kisame don't disappoint. I don't have much interest in Naruto and Sasuke, but Gai is always awesome. Aoba was too.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Wall of Sharks?

Someone totally needs to make it into a D&D spell.

The only way to make it cooler would be to use Tyrannosauruses instead :P

Cyborg Ninja Zombie Tyrannosauruses... on fire!
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Wall of Sharks?

Someone totally needs to make it into a D&D spell.

The only way to make it cooler would be to use Tyrannosauruses instead :P

Cyborg Ninja Zombie Tyrannosauruses... on fire!
    Gai took care of the fire.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It's actually drawn as a wave rather than a wall. Still, pretty dang cool.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

My prediction is that Gai is going to open the final gate here, and we're going to have one more join the ranks of Jiraiya and Asuma.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

My prediction is that Gai is going to open the final gate here, and we're going to have one more join the ranks of Jiraiya and Asuma.
    That seems to be something that's going to happen. It seems to be a common trend.

Clicks please! :)

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Well, if Gai does die, we at least know one thing.

He will show Kisame the Burning Power of Youth!
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Hm... I considered the possibility, but I on't think he really will. Gai might be a great character but killing him wouldn't have the impact killing Jiraya did (don't ask me about Asuma) It might happen, but I don't think it is too likely. It's just some Akatsuki after all.

Anyway, I loved the chapter. It had everything. Action, jutsus, rapping, man hugging swords (kinda), fire, sharks, sissy ninjas with sprained ankles, turtle(s), moar sharks.... hell yeah, gotta love it.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, Kisame had a good run. Between Naruto, Bee, and Guy, he's royally screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

30. - Top - End - #240

I do hope Guy doesn't die. It would be rather sucky way to go just when he faced his inner sense of mortality. Don't really care one way or the other for Kisame.