New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World

Sora shifted a bit. He didn't really enjoy when Yoko went all "Older than thou" on people. It was kinda creepy.

And he was creepy.

"You won't believe me if I say 'no' will you? No, you won't. Well then, I don't exactly know what's going on, but what I do know is that something happened outside, during class. Something that cut me off of my rei-connection. And that doesn't usually, hell, isn't supposed to happen."

Sora continues walking, but he looks... Troubled is an understatement.

"Something's going on here, and I don't like it. It stinks of spiri-a kind of energy. Moreso than usual."

Sure, he'll unload on her, but not everything.

He's not an idiot.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Halfling in the Playground

Beck hoisted up her bag, and walked to the outskirts of town, to her parent's house. Her father, her uncle, and grandfather were already there, waiting to hear what Beck had to say. And so she told them everything that she'd seen and heard during the day.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora shifted a bit. He didn't really enjoy when Yoko went all "Older than thou" on people. It was kinda creepy.

And he was creepy.

"You won't believe me if I say 'no' will you? No, you won't. Well then, I don't exactly know what's going on, but what I do know is that something happened outside, during class. Something that cut me off of my rei-connection. And that doesn't usually, hell, isn't supposed to happen."

Sora continues walking, but he looks... Troubled is an understatement.

"Something's going on here, and I don't like it. It stinks of spiri-a kind of energy. Moreso than usual."

Sure, he'll unload on her, but not everything.

He's not an idiot.
    "You're an idiot. Of course you know what's happening, at least in theory. Did you feel something... Wierd earlier? Like right before the screams?" Yoko opens the door to the school and steps out, heading for the Venti Buon. She wasn't joking about being hungry.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-08-23 at 08:46 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

4. - Top - End - #1234

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    "You're an idiot. Of course you know what's happening, at least in theory. Did you feel something... Wierd earlier? Like right before the screams?"
    Sora gave a shaky laugh.

"Felt something? More like lost something. Something that's been with me for quite some time. I wouldn't like to experience that feeling again, it was as if a part of me was... missing."

His voice trails off, and he looks at Yoko with a worried look in his eyes.

"But I think it was more than just me. Right after that, Kaito collapsed. What if... What if it affected him too?"

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Orc in the Playground

[Nurse's Office]

Val looks up at the announcement, having calmed down enough to warrant a confused, curious look... as she turns to Kaito. "Did you hear that...?" She hesitates at Sayaka's and Michiko's presence. "We should probably go... and get lunch, maybe?" She also looks to Nakahiro, hiding the slightly conspiratorial nature of her proposal.

[Hallways]

Hibiki stops at Reene's announcement, looking up contemplatively at nothing in particular. Not even the ceiling; he seems to be looking straight past it, somehow. Curiouser and curiouser...
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Michiko

"You seem fine in the..." Michiko begins to say before Kaito, Abel, and others begin to pile into the empty nurse's office. For a moment she fumes at the interruption of her line of questioning, but it fades quickly to a simple scowl. At what, onlookers can't be sure but considering the delinquents participation in student council, it was like the sudden 'illness' of multiple students and the clamor out in the hallway.

"Your teachers know you are here?" she says softly, blue eyes narrowing at those who had piled in before the lights flickered and went out.

"...Alright, those of you able should go back to your teachers to see how they want handle this situation. Kondo-san, do you know what you are doing?" Michiko says bluntly.
    Kaito winces at the announcement, expecting pain...but it never comes. His headache has reduced to a nearly nonexistant throb.

"I have a note."

Which he proceeds to hold up. It checks out as Hibiki's note.

"Um, I'm actually doing a lot better. Can I maybe just get some aspirin and go back to my classroom to collect my things and leave?"

His question seems aimed at the teacher, student health officer, and student council member all at once.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #1237

[Nurse's Office]

Nakahiro looks up in surprise and starts as the speakers go on, the unusual events of the day having put him on edge. He listens to the announcement, then cracks a half-smile at the addendum. When it is finished, he looks over at Kaito and Valeria, listening to their reactions.

"I also have a note."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2010-08-23 at 08:58 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Orc in the Playground

[Nurse's office]

Valeria holds up a note. Seems she was excused, as well. Granted, she was sidetracked, but still.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken Go - Class 1-2

Ken likewise went to grab his bag. "Those two certainly do give off a weird vibe. It looks like this was a pretty good first day of school after all. So, what do you plan on doing now? Want to take a stroll?" He was thrilled to get an early break. He wasn't disappointed in the slightest that he didn't get a chance to talk to his other classmates. He'd much rather just try to learn more about this one.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-23 at 11:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Titan in the Playground

Kina pulls her back from her chair. "Well...I, um...I sort of have nowhere to go for a while. My...No one's at home, so I'm stuck." She pulls out her desk chair and sits down, then lays her head in her arms, crossed on the desk in front of her. "I don't suppose it's worth trying to find the way out..."
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm in the same situation. My parents are gone for a while on one of many business trips and I've got nowhere I need to be and nothing planned." Ken was somewhat perplexed by the last thing she said. "What do you mean? I don't think it'll be very hard to navigate our way to the exit," he said with a tinge sarcasm.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-23 at 10:21 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Titan in the Playground

Kina turns her head up to look at Ken, a relatively annoyed look on her face. "I mean, what's the point in leaving? Where are we gonna go? And...if school starts again, where would we be?"

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ettin in the Playground

Michiko

The older student glowers at the obstinate first years, giving a long weary sigh.

"Those notes were written before a mysterious blackout and a message from the principle telling everyone that classes are suspended for the time being." She says steadily, turning her fierce gaze unto the teacher, "Isn't that right Hasunaga-san?"

Well she was certain confident if nothing else...
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Nurse's Office]

Kaito frowns.

"And yet, even after the blackout, I still had a headache, and this was the closest place for aid. So, you know, I cam here. And the announcement just came. I just asked a second ago to take some medicine, leave this room, get my stuff, and generally obey the announcement."

He seems frustrated at how aggressive Michiko is being about this.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken Go - Class 1-2

"Alright, sorry, I just thought the way you spoke sounded a little peculiar, that's all. I didn't mean to sound obnoxious." Ken took a seat and sat upright. He laid his bag down beside his desk. "As I'm sure you can tell I'm not a great conversationalist so unless you want to pass the time in silence I'd prefer it if you started us off."
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-23 at 11:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Halfling in the Playground

[Takara]

Where is Takara and her scarf? Well, it seems she was faking being sick (shocking, I know) and made a B-line for the roof access, moving sneakily to avoid being caught. Of course, she didn't quite make it before... well... before strange things started happening. Her spiritual senses are tingling like mad and she is equal parts nervous and excited. Stuff like this doesn't happen often and is always a great chance to have an adventure. Speaks out loud to Erima, knowing there is nobody nearby to hear her.

"Eri... can you feel that too? Which way do you think we should go?"
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Titan in the Playground

Kina Yoshimoto - Class 1-2

Kina turns her head back towards the front of the room. "It's...okay." She looks forward for a while, then her eyes close tight and her features slacken. For an entire two or three minutes, Kina does not move in the slightest. Then, she opens her eyes and sits back in her chair. "Sorry about that. I...needed to take a break. I tend to just...drift away when I'm not thinking."

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ogre in the Playground

"Don't mind me. I too appreciate the value of a quiet moment here and there." Ken decided to do the same and sat still for a few minutes, not thinking about anything much.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Michiko

The older student glowers at the obstinate first years, giving a long weary sigh.

"Those notes were written before a mysterious blackout and a message from the principle telling everyone that classes are suspended for the time being." She says steadily, turning her fierce gaze unto the teacher, "Isn't that right Hasunaga-san?"

Well she was certain confident if nothing else...
    Hasunaga claps his hands together fiercely and shoots a quick glare at Michiko. "Kaito-kun has a point. Further, it would be irresponsible to not provide at least some small measure of comfort to students who are not feeling well. And by the way, Inagawa-san... I'd appreciate if you did not use a first name basis with me to validate your point.*"

He coughs a bit to clear his throat.

"It shouldn't be a problem to get you some aspirin, Kaito-kun. As for each of the others, what exactly are you feeling?"

Spoiler
    Show
    *It is customary when addressing one's teacher in Japan to use his last name plus -san or either name plus -sensei to demonstrate respect. Using his first name plus -san isn't itself a sign of disrespect, but it shows a little bit of intimacy which Michiko doesn't have.

Of course, Hasunaga is more upset at the fact she turned to him for supporting her point than the "disrespectfulness" of the act, so he's basically exaggerating a bit.

As far as addressing each other as students though, it's often not a problem to use first name plus -san.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Orc in the Playground

[Nurse's Office]

Valeria shakes her head. "It's nothing, just a preexisting condition... I'll be fine." She holds up the bottle of pills she carries around.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just a basic lightweight migraine/pain medication.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Nurse's Office]

Valeria shakes her head. "It's nothing, just a preexisting condition... I'll be fine." She holds up the bottle of pills she carries around.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just a basic lightweight migraine/pain medication.
    "Pain medication?" He pauses for a moment as he reads the flask. "I suppose it's none of my business, though. Just don't push yourself."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "Don't mind me. I too appreciate the value of a quiet moment here and there." Ken decided to do the same and sat still for a few minutes, not thinking about anything much.
    "Hey...um...er..." Kina raises her head but lowers it back down once she realizes she has nothing much to say. "I'm...sorry. I never really got good at socializing, either." She stands from her chair and starts pacing a bit.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora gave a shaky laugh.

"Felt something? More like lost something. Something that's been with me for quite some time. I wouldn't like to experience that feeling again, it was as if a part of me was... missing."

His voice trails off, and he looks at Yoko with a worried look in his eyes.

"But I think it was more than just me. Right after that, Kaito collapsed. What if... What if it affected him too?"
    "Hmm. Probably did, who cares? He's a big boy he can cope with it. You're not goin to leave a girl eating alone, are you? I'm still famished." She tries to smile innocently, though t probably looks more threatening than anything. She starts to walk faster toward the Venti Buon.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

24. - Top - End - #1254

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    "Hmm. Probably did, who cares? He's a big boy he can cope with it. You're not goin to leave a girl eating alone, are you? I'm still famished." She tries to smile innocently, though t probably looks more threatening than anything. She starts to walk faster toward the Venti Buon.
    Sora shivers a bit.

He follows quickly, muttering something about "Crazy" and "Woman" and "Thinks she's better than me".

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken smiled a little. "Well hey, that just means we have one more thing in common..." He stood up and began to do some pacing of his own. "I've thought about saying it for a while now, you've got really nice eyes."

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Ettin in the Playground

[School Basement]

As Reene finishes her announcement, she feels something watching her angrily from the shadows. "Hurry up, woman! Ah ain't got whole day! Shoo dose damn kids away. Ah've got to get cleanin'!"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

Sayaka
    [Nurse's Office]

Sayaka turned with her impassive expression as she looked at the arrived Hasunaga.
    "The situation is under control sir." Sayaka responded as calmly as she could. But from the corner of her eye she could spot Nakahiro do something strange. Was he also afflicted?

Michiko's question was annoying, but it was a reason to look at her instead, so Sayaka did.

"Yes I know what I am doing." She responded cooly. "I am the class health officer you know."
    But a stranger thing was three students with mysterious notes. Why did they have these things? Sayaka frowned, but before she thought of a reason, the announcement came, and another feeling of unease.
    Electricity circuit.
    A complete circuit made a barrier in a proper arrangement. But for it to be disrupted required an outside action. The announcement canceled school, but it was still light. Why wasn't the generator working?
    Surely someone in school maintenance would lose their job.
    But this connection finished her thought with a cold sweat.
    Of course a person from maintenance would know such a circuit. But to cross a barrier created this rippling feeling now on a spiritual level. Something was wrong, and Sayaka took a deep breath and let it finish.

To others, maybe it looked like she was upset with Michiko's accusation.
    What is it? Is it a linked disturbance? She wasn't sure. But she did know that she was wearing her uniform, and her bag with what useful things she had were in the classroom.

Sayaka tried to make herself relax, and looked at the first year students. Something was strange with them too. A resonance she wasn't sure what yet though.
    "I can take them back to class after looking after them sir." Sayaka said. She of course, had not explained of why she was here. But for herself, it was a situation of rapidly changing moments. A normal day was crumbling quickly, even with thunder sounds faintly.

Erima
    [a cute scarf who suits a shinobi Takara]

Of course Tsukumogami, being supernatural can sense these disturbances easily, but Takara's senses were very strong for a human. But to focus on senses when one is a scarf around an excited girl's neck, it is a hard thing to do.

"Of course I can feel it Takara." She replied with distraction. "But it's a bit...confusing. like an echoing sound. I'm not sure, but in this case we should either go up or down. If you go to the changing room, I can find something to wear and change back you know." Ah, for such a thing though, Takara would lose her magical accessory. Well, until she wanted it again. Of course they would have a really hard time to try and explain why 'sick' Erima was here. but Erima did not think of this.

"...Or we can go to the roof since you want to go there already it seems."
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Orc in the Playground

"To be fair, Sören-sensei must be back from his affairs with the principal by now. So it's not like it'd be an impediment. Besides, I'd like to think I know just a bit more medicine than you, Kondo-san." The aged teacher shrugged as he replied to the Health Officer.

"On the other hand, I should at least check out how people are doing back in class. Someone else may have heard that crash... can't have them wandering around. Anyway, I'll be right back."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Reene has actually returned to her office, but that is a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [School Basement]

As Reene finishes her announcement, she feels something watching her angrily from the shadows. "Hurry up, woman! Ah ain't got whole day! Shoo dose damn kids away. Ah've got to get cleanin'!"
    Reene's eye twitches.

"You will do well if you don't adress me by anything less than 'your highness', janitor."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Ken smiled a little. "Well hey, that just means we have one more thing in common..." He stood up and began to do some pacing of his own. "I've thought about saying it for a while now, you've got really nice eyes."
    Kina looks up and stops pacing at his comment. "Wh-what?" She blinks for a moment and then sits down and turns away, making herself as small as possible while sitting in the chair. "Um...th-thanks." Her foot taps continuously against the floor. "S-sorry for being...um...sorry."