New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: (4e) Xen'drik - IC

Chak'tatick is about to explode in an angry rage. He really didn't like racial supremacist remarks such as being called an "it", after years of being bullied and having faced those remarks.

With his hand he grabs the sheathe of his rapier near his thigh, under his cloak, ready to draw it and attack the half-elf. But realizing it would only cause more escalation and realizing that the naive comments weren't that special and quite the norm around those humanoids who were covered with soft flesh instead of chitin, he just stopped and said: "Yes, I talk, can read, write, reason, just as any other random bloke."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

"Reason? You call forcing strange liquids down another's throat reasoning!?" Seacil drops his pack. "I, I carry my own sustenance, thank you very much not!" He fumbles around looking for his own waterskin, but his own panic of the situation, combined with the overall nausea he had been experiencing, was making it difficult.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quietly he responds: "No, that's not reasoning, that's acting. Big difference, one is a... ehm, thought process, the other is, well is not." He adds, trying to sound as witty and mocking as Jack did previously, but obviously not succeeding. He takes on a more passive non-hostile position though, letting lose of his rapier.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Jaspar decides that it is time to insert himself himself into the situation. He whistles to try and draw the "group's" attention.

"Are you all mad? These Lyrandar pirates are just looking for an excuse to toss us all overboard. Settle down before they gut us all and double their profits."

He points off towards the approaching land. "Work this out quietly or we'll all be swimming to shore."
    Last edited by King Tius; 2010-12-16 at 04:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ichneumon View Post
    Raising his voice:
    "Is there a doctor or holy man on board?"
    Jack waves his hand. "I know some minor healing magic and I worked in a veteranarian's office for a while?"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by gourdcaptain View Post
    Jack waves his hand. "I know some minor healing magic and I worked in a veteranarian's office for a while?"
    "Quick! Please, this man needs your help, he's been given a flawed anti-seasickness potion!"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    "Reason? You call forcing strange liquids down another's throat reasoning!?" Seacil drops his pack. "I, I carry my own sustenance, thank you very much not!" He fumbles around looking for his own waterskin, but his own panic of the situation, combined with the overall nausea he had been experiencing, was making it difficult.
    "Yeah, well, this is from the guy who assumed that the Thri-Kreen over there was non-sentient. Clearly wild animals wear leather armor, sheathed weapons, and know how to operate bottles. Wonder if there's a significant alcohol content in that watershin."
    Last edited by gourdcaptain; 2010-12-16 at 04:47 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ichneumon View Post
    "Quick! Please, this man needs your help, he's been given a flawed anti-seasickness potion!"
    Jack makes a heal check to determine how to cure the guy. (Points if it's induce vomiting).

Heal: (1d20+4)[6]

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Jaspar moves to help the man. "I know a thing or two about the healing arts."

Heal Check: (1d20+9)[26]
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

"Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jack starts to administer the wrong treatment before Jaspar steps in to correct him. Seacil starts to look and feel a bit better.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Sigh. So what would it take Seacil, to convince you we aren't madmen with plans of world overlorshipness?"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

"Good. There. Now, let's all take a deep breath before we feed The Devourer another soul." The young man dusts off his hands and rubs the back of his neck absent-mindedly. "I could use a drink. How about you all?"
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King Tius View Post
    "Good. There. Now, let's all take a deep breath before we feed The Devourer another soul." The young man dusts off his hands and rubs the back of his neck absent-mindedly. "I could use a drink. How about you all?"
    "I think the paladin could. As for me, I'd prefer not to around strangers - I start singing something awful."

Jack after saying this, hoped he hadn't given TicTac the idea to shove alcoholic beverages down the Paladin's throat.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King Tius View Post
    "I could use a drink. How about you all?"
    Ah yes, offering a drink, that's a more my cup of tea. I'll have some, and I bet my half-elven friend here could use something strong as well.

Being not much of a drinker, Ignatio has nothing stronger than drinkable water to offer. Surely, it is the gesture that counts.
    Now that they are comfortable with eachother, Ignatio brings up a classic: "So, what do you all hope to find in Stormreach?"
    My personal folder is a graveyard of ideas, stuck in their dream phase.
    The "DM won't kill us" attitude is a bubble that sometimes needs to be bursted.
    There's an armor variant rule in UA that will drastically increase character survivability without completely bubble-wrapping them in plot invulnerability
    Throphies won:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Garwain View Post
    "So, what do you all hope to find in Stormreach?"
    Chak'tatick laughed and was eager to answer, this was something he had been thinking about for long. It was something he knew the answer to very well. "Personally, I am not searching much. I'm more getting away from things, getting away from society, my old life. What I hope to find is actually more something about myself, than anything else, maybe a purpose, a goal. You could call it a spiritual pilgrimage of sorts. Going to Xen'drik made sense, giving that it is an old continent, ancient and forsaken by civilization. I'd describe myself as driftwood, going where the waves take me."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

[COLOR="Purple"]"So, what do you all hope to find in Stormreach?"
    "Artistic inspiration. Failing that, a steadily paying job I can keep for more than a week. Failing that, a nice memento to send home to my mom. If even that is not possible, I may despair."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

"So, what do you all hope to find in Stormreach?"
    What is it that you think you have to gain from associating with these criminals? Saecil ponders to himself before answering the question, You're the paragon of justice follower, so what's your angle on this? Are you planning to give them more rope so that they hang themselves? Ah! That's it! Certainly, we're outnumbered here, but sooner or later, they will falter, and that's when you plan on catching them. Of course!

Bluff - (1d20+4)[11]

(I'll post my actual response to the question when I know the result, changing the wording to reflect how horribly this turns out.)
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

"I, uh, just the standard paladin stuff. That sort of thing, yeah."
    ---

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack, completely bemused and noting the lack of potential people being held at swordpoint, decides to play along... sort of.

"The standard paladin stuff? You mean like slaying dragons, rescuing princesses, slaying the evil dragon emperor, wooing the love of the fair maidens with your pure charm and immaculate good looks but having to turn them down due to your many vows of celibacy and supporting your local church?"

He then makes a bluff check to say all this with a straight face.
    Bluff: (1d20+11)[13]

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Feeling there is something fishy going on, Chak'tatick asks further: "Really? What god is it that you serve?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Apparently he did not. Around the vows of celibacy part, Jack begins breaking down laughing, and may not stop for a dozen or so seconds.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Although Chac'tatick wanted to be respectful towards the paladin's religion (he was interested in pantheons and divinity as a whole, since the kreen don't really worship gods, instead they worship natural spirits), but hearing Jack's joke, he can't help showing a short smile on his face.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Seacil twirls his mustache in Jack's. "I do not particularly have any vows of celibacy to uphold, and while I do appreciate the compliment to my charm and immaculate good looks, I feel it prudent to inform you that I do not, ah, 'bat your way,' I believe the children say." He then turns to Chak'tatic, and, in a more serious tone, responds, "Arawai."
    ---

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Chak'tatick, sounding as if he forgot all the previous trouble the paladin and him had, is fascinated, he never heard of that god before: "Arawai? To be honest, I'm not familiar with him or her? Could you tell me something about your faith?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seacil twirls his mustache in Jack's. "I do not particularly have any vows of celibacy to uphold, and while I do appreciate the compliment to my charm and immaculate good looks, I feel it prudent to inform you that I do not, ah, 'bat your way,' I believe the children say."
    "My god. A witty riposte. Who are you, and what have you done with Seacil?"

26. - Top - End - #86

"Ah yes Arawai, a noble god indeed. Being a fellow worshipper, I like hearing you elaborate on your deity as well." says Ignatio, while trying hard to rember what he knows about Arawai.

religion check
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+5[/roll]
    Last edited by Garwain; 2010-12-17 at 03:31 AM.
    There's an armor variant rule in UA that will drastically increase character survivability without completely bubble-wrapping them in plot invulnerability
    Throphies won:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87

"Ah yes Arawai, a noble god indeed. Being a fellow worshipper, I like hearing you elaborate on your deity as well." says Ignatio, while trying hard to rember what he knows about Arawai.
    religion check
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[6]

Trying really really hard... and then just drawing a blank.
    Last edited by Garwain; 2010-12-17 at 03:43 AM.
    Throphies won:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jack looks over at TicTac and states "Does this mean I have to be the straight man from now on?"

He then switches back over to the paladin, and in what is a deliberate attempt to annoy him, says "Used to be a Soverign Host worshipper, currently follow The Blood of Vol."
    Last edited by gourdcaptain; 2010-12-17 at 03:35 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by gourdcaptain View Post
    Jack looks over at TicTac and states "Does this mean I have to be the straight man from now on?"
    Chak'tatick looks at Jack for a few seconds, before replying: "I eh, know little about human anatomy, but I've heard that hunching is bad for you, so walking straight might be a healthy alternative?"

30. - Top - End - #90

"A god isn't he? So eh, the kind of godly beings. Doing all divine things and such." says Ignatio, a bit embaressed that he has no clue what he's talking about. Trying to save his face, he tries to keep it straight.

bluff check
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[22]
    Throphies won:
    Spoiler
    Show