New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout Equestria: Sorbet and Slaughter

Doc puts Strata's file back, mentally noting her condition. He leaves the office to rejoin the group.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Doc puts Strata's file back, mentally noting her condition. He leaves the office to rejoin the group.
    Strata glanced at the loot Doc obtained when he walked out of the room, and let out a low whistle.

"Oh, hey, mind if I have mints?" she commented, glancing at the bow-wrapped tin with clear interest.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-06-17 at 09:30 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    "Oh, hey, mind if I have mints?" she commented, glancing at the bow-wrapped tin with clear interest.
    "These are the strong party kind, so don't overdo it." Doc will open the tin so Strata can have a mint (quick count on how many there actually are in it) and then close the tin back up carefully. He wanted to preserve the bow. He'll then check if there are other offices to unlock for everyone to rummage through.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

One of the whisky bottles on the table didn't seem to be opened, so there was that.

Two of the skeletons had stuff on them. One of them had the tattered remains of a doctor's coat on it, and in front pocket was a wallet with a few bits on it. The other skeleton didn't have anything on it besides a plastic identification ring that still hung from one of it's front legs, had three golden molars that looked loose enough to pry off.

The hallway that led out of the room was shorter then the one before and looked to be a little more of mess. Both rooms were opened and the door to the room on the right side of the hall looked seriously dented. The door at the end of the hall, the one that presumably led out of the office area, was open as well.
    Moonshadoe cheerfully takes everything of value, and then checks her Pipbuck to scan each room for entities.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    How much worth in Caps? I figure I can just save some time and convert the teeth and bits straight to money.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Choro hums to herself, mulling over Strata's question. Eventually, she nods. "I think that fits. There's a few dead-ponies. I've only been out on the surface for a relatively short time, and I've seen several. But they don't form even a unified minority." The blue unicorn taps her hoof on the ground, frowning a little. "It's hard to tell for sure though. It's been a long time since the megaspells hit. More could've been created from the after effects, and some could've... moved on?"

Choro looks towards the professor pensively. Was that even possible? She should probably read a little of that book as soon as possible, if the subject was going to linger on necromancy.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

"These are the strong party kind, so don't overdo it." Doc will open the tin so Strata can have a mint (quick count on how many there actually are in it) and then close the tin back up carefully. He wanted to preserve the bow. He'll then check if there are other offices to unlock for everyone to rummage through.
    [There's twenty mints in the tin, or two servings.]

Strata seemed to find Doc's warning funny.

"Heh, I'v had the original recipes. They weren't to hard to find around here, back then." she replied, eagerly taking the mint with a wink.

Strata took the pinkish, chalky-looking mint and started to chew on it like it was candy. After a few moments, she spoke.

"Hey, I'm getting a buzz." she replied, sounding pleased.

Strata then proceeded to stare at the potted plant that was near the entrance for a solid thirty seconds.

[Each of the five other offices in the hall looked to have the same lock that his master key would open up.]

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Moonshadow cheerfully takes everything of value, and then checks her Pipbuck to scan each room for entities.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    How much worth in Caps? I figure I can just save some time and convert the teeth and bits straight to money.
    The office with the dented door was a bit of a mess. The desk was destroyed and the skeleton of what was presumably a horse was splayed on top of it. A second skeleton, this one of a smaller and with some shattered ribs and a collapsed eye socket, was behind the desk. Nothing came up on EFS, but there also wasn't much of value to take.

Room number two was more or less intact; the most immediate thing Moonshadow would notice is that a corpse was sitting at the desk in a sleeping position, with it's head placed on a stout pile of paperwork. The corpse was wearing the tattered remains of a suit and looked more putrid then leathery, with a missing nose and exposed cheekbones. It was not, however, coming up on EFS; either it was a corpse, or a sleeping ghoul.

[Each of the teeth are worth twenty caps. Gold bits are gold bits and serve as a alternative currency in the wasteland; they're a item in themselves, and should be listed accordingly, much like the zebra coins.]

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
    Choro hums to herself, mulling over Strata's question. Eventually, she nods. "I think that fits. There's a few dead-ponies. I've only been out on the surface for a relatively short time, and I've seen several. But they don't form even a unified minority." The blue unicorn taps her hoof on the ground, frowning a little. "It's hard to tell for sure though. It's been a long time since the megaspells hit. More could've been created from the after effects, and some could've... moved on?"

Choro looks towards the professor pensively. Was that even possible? She should probably read a little of that book as soon as possible, if the subject was going to linger on necromancy.
    Strata quickly turned to look at Choro when she began to spoke, and then quickly turned to Viridia after she finished. She sounded relatively normal, though.

"She has some good points." Strata said, briefly giving Choro a look of a approval before turning back to the pegasus, "About time and being a unified block. If the conditions after the bombings were as bad as I remember, and if the ratio of necromantic energy required to animate favored those in places not directly on the surface or otherwise shielded, then most large groups that would reanimate as members of the undead after the bombs would be in places unfavorable for their mental state. I remember having a vague sense of self for several days after I awoke, but I stayed within my room and did little that could harm myself or others around me. I would suggest that, if I was in a unpleasant situation for a extended period of time during that state, I could have suffered a mental break of some kind, or at least a gradual mental degeneration."

Strata paused. She looked at the tin Doc had in his hooves, and blinked at it.

"Huh." she said, "They must have changed the recipe while I was in. I used to grind those up and sprinkle them in coffee."

7. - Top - End - #67

"Hey, I'm getting a buzz." she replied, sounding pleased.

Strata then proceeded to stare at the potted plant that was near the entrance for a solid thirty seconds.
    While Buzz Ghouldrin is in orbit, Doc will go unlock the other five offices. "If anyone wants to prospect for useful goods, feel free," he says to Viridia and Choro.

"About time and being a unified block. If the conditions after the bombings were as bad as I remember, and if the ratio of necromantic energy required to animate favored those in places not directly on the surface or otherwise shielded, then most large groups that would reanimate as members of the undead after the bombs would be in places unfavorable for their mental state. I remember having a vague sense of self for several days after I awoke, but I stayed within my room and did little that could harm myself or others around me. I would suggest that, if I was in a unpleasant situation for a extended period of time during that state, I could have suffered a mental break of some kind, or at least a gradual mental degeneration."
    "That sounds about right. If a ghoul forgets who they are, they seem to quickly lose their mind and just be this walking empty shell," Doc says. "I reckon some kind of socialization or community helps them retain their mental edge."

He puts the tin away in a pocket. "I've rarely had coffee, wouldn't know what sprinkling this stuff into it would taste like."

Doc will check one more office.
    PER: (1d10)[1] vs. 7
    Survival (1d100)[25] vs. 30
    Digo Dragon - Artist

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"Sure! I'm here to help." Choro grins at Doc, happy for the chance to actually assist the group. The young unicorn darts swiftly through the now open door, holding her PipBuck up and looking across the empty room. A second later, the wizardess pops her head out of the door, looking between her new friends. "Should I be looking for anything in particular?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[62] Survival: 3. Yeah, I know, but we had to establish that at some point. And hey, Choro can't do anything too terrible in an abandoned office, right?

9. - Top - End - #69

"Should I be looking for anything in particular?"
    "Look for whatever you think you or the team would find useful or valuable," Doc answers.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow throws a bone at the corpse to see what happens. If nothing happens she takes a look around the room for further loot.

Perception (1d10)[4] vs 10
    Survival (1d100)[65] vs 25

OOC: How many bits exactly then?
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

"That sounds about right. If a ghoul forgets who they are, they seem to quickly lose their mind and just be this walking empty shell," Doc says. "I reckon some kind of socialization or community helps them retain their mental edge."
    "Could be stress, could be environment, could be a lack of self-awareness. Could be a combination of effects resembling dementia or just general insanity, over the course of years and years." Strata rambled off, sounding less like she was replying to Doc as just voicing her personal opinion.

He puts the tin away in a pocket. "I've rarely had coffee, wouldn't know what sprinkling this stuff into it would taste like."
    "Minty." she replied, giving Doc a big grin.

Doc will check one more office.
    PER: [roll0] vs. 7
    Survival [roll1] vs. 30
    The office seemed to belong to someone of lesser status then the first and had far less interesting stuff in the office Doc checked... but there was another black folder, placed in the lowest cabinet to the floor.

"Sure! I'm here to help." Choro grins at Doc, happy for the chance to actually assist the group. The young unicorn darts swiftly through the now open door, holding her PipBuck up and looking across the empty room. A second later, the wizardess pops her head out of the door, looking between her new friends. "Should I be looking for anything in particular?"

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll0] Survival: 3. Yeah, I know, but we had to establish that at some point. And hey, Choro can't do anything too terrible in an abandoned office, right?
    "Look for whatever you think you or the team would find useful or valuable."" Doc answers.
    "Drugs, you should find drugs." Strata said, almost as if she was trying to egg Choro on. "They should be valuable."

Moonshadow throws a bone at the corpse to see what happens. If nothing happens she takes a look around the room for further loot.

Perception [roll0] vs 10
    Survival [roll1] vs 25

OOC: How many bits exactly then?
    [There were twenty bits in the coat pocket.]

After the bone connected with the corpse's forehead, Moonshadow heard a low grown and a shuffling noise. The ghoul began to slowly right itself, in place; Moonshadow heard popping noises as the ghoul's started to move, and the ghoul made quiet noises that were quite odd, coming from the throat of a equine.

After a few moments, the ghoul was looking at Moonshadow with filmy, half-closed eyes. Slowly, it pushed the stack of papers it was previously using as a pillow towards the other side of the table, towards Moonshadow. After doing so, the ghoul let out a indignant grunt, and leaned back into it's chair.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-06-18 at 03:29 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow checks her pipbuck. I absolutely love the automatic FoF identification these things have. she thought, keeping a wary eye on the ghoul in case it does something more overtly hostile.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

13. - Top - End - #73

The office seemed to belong to someone of lesser status then the first and had far less interesting stuff in the office Doc checked... but there was another black folder, placed in the lowest cabinet to the floor.
    "Musta been orientation day during the bombs," Doc remarks as he opens this black folder.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"Okay!"

It's a little hard to tell if Choro's response is to Strata or Doc. Either way, the young unicorn ducks back around the door to resume her search. The sounds of light crashing and banging echo out of the room for a little, as furniture is shifted about in the wizard's attempted search. Then the blue coated mare slowly trots out of the room. She looks over to Strata curiously. "What do drugs look like? Boxes or something? Just pills?" It's a legitimate question. Regardless of the offer, Choro peers in the other newly opened door, shaking her head sadly at Doc. "I... don't really see much in there. It's just another empty office, I'm afraid. Sorry"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Moonshadow checks her pipbuck. I absolutely love the automatic FoF identification these things have. she thought, keeping a wary eye on the ghoul in case it does something more overtly hostile.
    The ghoul was coming up green.

The ghoul, as Moonshadow glanced at her Pipbuck, slowly prodded the paperwork stack slightly closer towards the pegasus. While it's mouth was toothless and slack, from the nose up it was practically glowering at Moonshadow.

"Musta been orientation day during the bombs," Doc remarks as he opens this black folder.
    This black folder just contained a transcript; two ponies with blacked-out names seemed to be talking about where to move a large amount of poppy seeds that they had recently managed to obtain, and eventually decided on selling the plants off to a local gang.

"What do drugs look like? Boxes or something? Just pills?"
    Strata looked at Choro in amazement. She blinked a few times.

"They usually come in bottles, or small cardboard boxes." she replied, sounding slightly stunned.

16. - Top - End - #76

This black folder just contained a transcript; two ponies with blacked-out names seemed to be talking about where to move a large amount of poppy seeds that they had recently managed to obtain, and eventually decided on selling the plants off to a local gang.
    "Well that was a waste of time," Doc thinks to himself. He puts it back where it was from and leaves the office, approaching Choro and pulling out his medical bag.

Doc shows Choro some of the various drugs he has stored within. "Like this stuff-- pain killers, sedatives, Dash... not sure where I got the Rage from, but that ought a be fun for the next party. Like Ms. Strata said, some come in bottles, some in little boxes."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

"Oh, medicine?" Choro's eyes lighten at that, starting to understand. Medical herbs and substances... that made sense. Doctor Wagon could use them, and there have to be extra supplies around in a hospital, right? The unicorn sighs, coming back to reality with a frown. "Well, I didn't see anything like that either, I'm afraid. It's just an office"

18. - Top - End - #78

"It's alright, I reckon for every office with useful stuff we gotta sift through four or five empty ones," Doc said encouragingly. "Just keep your senses sharp."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

"-not sure where I got the Rage from-""
    "I'v had day's like that." Strata said, cheerfully. "And some weeks, actually."

"Oh, medicine?" Choro's eyes lighten at that, starting to understand. Medical herbs and substances... that made sense. Doctor Wagon could use them, and there have to be extra supplies around in a hospital, right? The unicorn sighs, coming back to reality with a frown. "Well, I didn't see anything like that either, I'm afraid. It's just an office."
    Strata seemed slightly annoyed, as well. She took a few steps into the room Doc just searched, but quickly stepped back out into the hall, with a scowl on her face, "Well, they used to be offices used by ponies in a large, semi-legal operation that cooperated with the government. If there's no dirt in them, then they're probably in the terminals. As for drugs, the good stuff's in the supply closets."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-06-18 at 11:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

The ghoul was coming up green.

The ghoul, as Moonshadow glanced at her Pipbuck, slowly prodded the paperwork stack slightly closer towards the pegasus. While it's mouth was toothless and slack, from the nose up it was practically glowering at Moonshadow.
    Moonshadow shrugged, took the paperwork, and looked around for a pen.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2016-06-19 at 04:15 PM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

21. - Top - End - #81

"Well, they used to be offices used by ponies in a large, semi-legal operation that cooperated with the government. If there's no dirt in them, then they're probably in the terminals. As for drugs, the good stuff's in the supply closets."
    "Semi-legal operation?" Doc asks inquisitively. "Did you know what kind of things they did down here?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Moonshadow shrugged, took the paperwork, and looked around for a pen.
    The ghoul, apparently sensing Moonshadow's dilemma, knocked over a cup that was placed near the terminal on the desk. The cup contained a pen, which conveniently rolled near Moonshadow.

The paperwork looked like it was a release form, for one 'Happy Fields'. There was a big Ministry of Peace logo on the top and there were flowers between the margins. It looked charming. It was also one page of a stack of about fifty pages.

"Semi-legal operation?" Doc asks inquisitively. "Did you know what kind of things they did down here?"
    Strata shrugged.

"Well, that's not the right phrase, but everypony on this floor was either a political prisoner or just someone who pissed off someone important. They just kept everyone on this floor fed and watered and in the dark. Now, from what I know, they did things in the basement, because that's where they put the actual crazies and the ones nopony would miss; zebra gang members who were not going to make it and the like. You'd see ponies escorted downstairs, but they'd never come back up unless they were wearing a labcoat or scrubs. That blond Neighponi was one of the ones who worked down there, and I know she once tried to upgrade the security level of the guy who lived in the room next to me because they needed another 'subject'."

Strata paused, and a unpleasant look passed over her face.

"Her special talent wasexperimental surgery, and the government gave her a six figure job and a mansion in Casa Loam, so I don't know what the hell she used to do down there, but it made some ponies very happy. She was a good motivator to make you down your happy pills and go asleep, too. She wasn't the only one who made big money here, though. I doubt anyone who worked down there was hurting for cash. As for what they did down there, I don't want to know."
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-06-19 at 06:26 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

The ghoul, apparently sensing Moonshadow's dilemma, knocked over a cup that was placed near the terminal on the desk. The cup contained a pen, which conveniently rolled near Moonshadow.

The paperwork looked like it was a release form, for one 'Happy Fields'. There was a big Ministry of Peace logo on the top and there were flowers between the margins. It looked charming. It was also one page of a stack of about fifty pages.
    Moonshadow nods, smiles, takes the paperwork, and leaves the room. She then writes a note stating that the room was inhabited by a mostly harmless ghoul, and should be passed on. She then leaves said note on the door before heading down the hallway.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

24. - Top - End - #84

Doc nodded politely. "Well, Dr. Stitchheart asked us to go down there to fetch her something, but I'll spare you any details I might find."

He'll look through one last office and then catch up with Moonshadow.

"Alright, let's see who's blackmailed in this one."

PER (1d10)[7] vs. 7
    Survival (1d100)[61] vs. 30
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Moonshadow nods, smiles, takes the paperwork, and leaves the room. She then writes a note stating that the room was inhabited by a mostly harmless ghoul, and should be passed on. She then leaves said note on the door before heading down the hallway.
    Moonshadow got a glimpse of the ghoul before she headed down the hall; it seemed to be slowly closing it's eyes, and sinking down into it's chair.

Doc nodded politely. "Well, Dr. Stitchheart asked us to go down there to fetch her something, but I'll spare you any details I might find."

He'll look through one last office and then catch up with Moonshadow.

"Alright, let's see who's blackmailed in this one."

PER [roll0] vs. 7
    Survival [roll1] vs. 30
    This desk just had a bottle of Sparkle Cola resting on top of it. The black file, in this case, was rather petty; it was three police reports about the same older colt who was caught with possession with sell, within a two-year period. Then there was a dim photograph of a young unicorn stallion using his magic to hold what looked like several plastic bags containing pills, outside what looked like a nightclub of some kind. Given the angle of the shot and the outstretched hoof near the center of the photo, the picture was probably taken from a tiny hidden camera.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2016-06-19 at 09:42 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86

This desk just had a bottle of Sparkle Cola resting on top of it. The black file, in this case, was rather petty; it was three police reports about the same older colt who was caught with possession with sell, within a two-year period. Then there was a dim photograph of a young unicorn stallion using his magic to hold what looked like several plastic bags containing pills, outside what looked like a nightclub of some kind. Given the angle of the shot and the outstretched hoof near the center of the photo, the picture was probably taken from a tiny hidden camera.
    Doc scratches his head and takes the soda. "I wonder if any of you ended up in the lower basement?" he thinks. Exiting the office, he looks at everyone.

"Any last rummaging to be done, or shall we move on?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #87
    Colossus in the Playground

"Wait, what did Stitcheart want from down here? I wasn't told about that." Viridia asked, taking a break in adjusting her many garments to pose the question.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Doc scratches his head and takes the soda. "I wonder if any of you ended up in the lower basement?" he thinks. Exiting the office, he looks at everyone.

"Any last rummaging to be done, or shall we move on?"
    "Oh, can I have the cola?" Strata asked, looking at the Sparkle Cola with sudden interest, "It's been a while."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    "Wait, what did Stitcheart want from down here? I wasn't told about that." Viridia asked, taking a break in adjusting her many garments to pose the question.
    Strata blinked, looked at Viridia, and then at Doc. She seemed confused, and wanted that confusion addressed.

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Doc gives Strata the cola as he answers Viridia's question. "Stitch had asked Moon and I to retrieve two files from the third basement. They're yellow with pink stripes around the binding and a glow-in-the-dark 'Classified' label. Can't really miss something that bright."

"One file is supposed to be in the main office below, the other in the lab."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Moonshadow got a glimpse of the ghoul before she headed down the hall; it seemed to be slowly closing it's eyes, and sinking down into it's chair.
    She kept walking, occasionally checking her pipbuck as she moved forward.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show