New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 49 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default LGBTAI+ #50: Warning: This topic has exceeded its maximum awesome level.

Please create a new Internet.

Hello, hello, welcome, one and all, to the Fiftieth(!) iteration of our thread, the humble LGBTAI in the playground thread!

The AI is for All-Inclusive, because we have only so much space but everyone, regardless of orientation, direction, letter, acronym or chosen astrological symbol is welcome here!

We do, unfortunately, have a few rules. We are not an anarchical state! Or, we weren't until they voted we were? But shush.

1. We are primarily a support thread.
    This means that the primary focus should be in helping people here feel better; about themselves, about their lives, about their problems. We are also an education thread, but when helping someone learn involves not supporting, we will default to support - Mostly. We are only mostly human, after all.

All of the other rules are basically precisions of rule #1.

2. If you want answers to triggering topics, spoiler-box or ask them privately.
    Triggering topics are those which are likely to make other people feel bad, in any way whatsoever: for instance, rape, violence, bullying and many others may be triggering to some people. If someone, even just that one individual person, has a problem with a topic because it stirs demons best left in their pit, Do. Not. Bring. It. Up. Publically. Use a spoilerbox, and think carefully about whether this is the place to broach the topic at all (see rule #1: "We are primarily a support thread.")

If you have questions or need help on something that involves triggering topics, please use spoiler tags and label your spoilers for trigger warnings. When in doubt, put trigger warnings.

3. Avoid discussing politics or religion.
    It doesn't matter how much these two topics intersect with our forum topic, they are verboten. Sometimes, hints are... Looked over, such as "man, in my countery being gay sucks", but detail is right out, and even that could be considered willful disregard. Be Careful. As the moderators themselves often say, if you aren't sure, Don't.

4. Do not discuss moral justification.
    No one here is going to discuss whether or not it's Right" or "Okay" to be LGBTAEIOUsometimesY or anything else. It's not topical, it's not relevant. We are, and we are here to cope with that and with the stresses it causes.
    And no, my joking acronym doesn't constitute considering this rule less important.

5. Do not opst sexually explicit content.
    It's against forum rules, it's against decorum, and it will get us shut down pretty fast. What adults do behind closed doors is cool, and allusion is fine. Anything that could involve a diagram, though? No.

6. Avoid unfriendly debates.
    Several topics of conversation have created huge arguments that made several people uncomfortable and defied our goal of being a support thread. This is especially true debates of definition. These do not always end well, and are best avoided.

This thread has a past of traumatic experiences which we would rather not repeat, and some topics which have created (in)famous rows include:
    - the precise distinction between bi- and pansexual;
    - what is or isn't a polyamorous relationship;
    - whether transgender is more correct than transgendered.
    (Other topics may be added to the list.)
    Unless you need support or help about this, please refrain from bringing up these topics.

Also, if a conversation that is not about support runs long, spoiler it if possible, even if it is polite.

Glossary of Common Terms

And, for reference, here is a list of commonly used words and definitions by our community. Please understand that this list is currently undergoing construction right now. Any contributions to the list are appreciated.
    Spoiler
    Show
    LGBT: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*

LGBTAI: LGBT+Asexual/Allies+Intersex+All Inclusive

Lagerbeta: A fine brewski to be drunk by all - the name comes from the above abbreviation.

QUILTBAG:
    Q - Queer and Questioning
    U - Unidentified
    I - Intersex
    L - Lesbian
    T - Transgender, Transexual
    B - Bisexual
    A - Asexual
    G - Gay, Genderqueer

Where a word below is in italics, that means it has it's own entry on the list.

A note on labels: many of these labels are seemingly interchangeable, and for some people they are. However, please do not presume to correct or judge another person's use of a label. Bisexual and Pansexual are especially tricky in this regard, as are transgender and transsexual to a lesser degree.
    Often the difference in why one person feels one label is appropriate and not another is deeply personal. If you wish to know more it is probably a topic to seek private advice on, from one of the people listed in the next section.

AFAB/AMAB: Assigned Female/Male at Birth

Agendered: Someone who lacks a gender.

Androgyne: Gender Identity with male and female aspects.

Androsexual: A person who is attracted to men.

Asexual: A person who does not feel any/some sexual attraction.

Binary, The: See: Gender Binary.

Bisexual: 1. attracted to two genders; 2. attracted to one's own gender and another gender; 3. attracted to various genders; 4. attracted to people regardless of gender; 5. ask the person who says they're bi what exactly they mean by that. See also Pansexual

Cis: See: Cisgender

Cisgender (CG): Somebody whose gender and sex align.

Demisexual: A person who is sexually attracted to someone(s) only after they have formed an intense emotional relationship with.

Dysphoria: The disassociation Trans* people feel with their own body.

Male-to-Female (MtF): Someone who was assigned male at birth, but is female. (AKA: trans woman)

Female: See: Woman

Female-to-Male (FtM): Someone who was assigned female at birth, but is male. (AKA: trans man)

FAAB: Female Assigned at Birth.

Feminine: Something generally associated by society with women.

FFS: Facial Feminization Surgery: Surgery to reduce chin/nose/cheekbones. Associated primarily with MAAB Trans people

FtM: See: Female to Male

Gay: A man who is attracted to men.

Gender Binary: The commonly held notion that there are only men and women on two extremes, with nothing in between.

Gender Expression (GE): How one expresses their Gender Identity to society.

Gender Identity (GI): How one feels inside society's idea of "man, woman, or other".

Genderfluid: Someone who fluctuates between different genders.

Genderqueer (GQ): Someone who is not of a binary gender; someone who is not male or female.

Gynosexual: A person who is attracted to women.

Heterosexual: A person who is attracted to members of the opposite gender.

Homosexual: A person who is attracted to members of their gender.

HRT: Hormone replacement therapy. MtF's tend to progestrogens, oestrogens and androgen blockers, while FtM's take testosterone almost exculsively.

Lesbian: A woman who is attracted to women.

MAAB: Male Assigned at Birth.

Male-to-Female (MtF): Someone who was assigned male at birth, but is female. (AKA: trans woman)

Man/men: A cis man or trans man. Male.

Masculine: Something generally associated by society with men.

Pansexual: A person who is attracted to people regardless of gender. See also Bisexual

Polyamorous: A person who is interested in a relationship with more than one person.

Presenting: Trans* shorthand for appearing as their preferred gender, regardless of any HRT, SRS or other changes.

Trans*: Transsexual and Transgender primarily, with the asterisk denoting that the trans- prefix could be followed by any number of appropriate words. It also includes other labels, and is a catch-all term for people who identify as something other than their biological sex at birth.

Transgender: Used in reference to a person whose sex(body) and gender(mind) are at odds or do not match. A transgender person can also identify as genderqueer, transsexual, or may use transgender as their only identity.

Transitioning: The process a Trans* person undergoes to move to their preferred gender. Often includes HRT, SRS, FFS.

Transsexual: In common terms the same as transgender above. In medical terms refers specifically to people who wish to transition from male to female or female to male, not accommodating any other options.

SRS: Sex Reassignment Surgery: Surgery to replace/transform a vagina into a penis, or vice versa. Mastectomies or plastic surgery may be used on breasts.

Sexual Orientation (SO): How one identifies who they are attracted to.

Significant Other(s) (SO): Person(s) you are in a relationship with.

Third-gendered: Someone who fits in a local society's third gender, usually male performing female tasks, occasionally vice versa. Also a person who feels they do not identify with any other gender identity.

Woman: A cis woman or trans woman. Female.

Allies: Hetereosexual-Cisgender people who support equality for sexual, gender, and romantic minorities.

Private Consultation.

We have a list of people whoa re willing and able to discuss topics that may not be thread-appropriate but are still topical. They can be reached by Personal Message (PM), thought they may not respond immediately, or may be on sabbatical.

Spoiler: Topical Consultants
    Show

Name: Especially familiar with the topic(s) of
    KenderWizard: General/basics, gender and feminism, bisexuality
    Musashi: General/basics, asexuality/demisexuality, depression
    noparlpf: General/basics, asexuality, greysexuality, biology, Skype
    Lea Plath: Genderfluidity
    Lycunadari: Genderqueer and agendered
    Eldest: General/basics, bisexuality, polyamory, pansexuality will Skype(voice if needed, no video)
    HMS Sophia: Trans stuff (esp hormones)
    Lix Lorn: General/basics
    Eirala: Trans stuff (esp emotional issues), Skype(no voice or video, however)
    Absol197: Gender identity issues
    Warkitty: Academic/technical discussions
    Lentrax: General/basics, depression, bullying
    Wormwood74: Transgender legal issues, transgender outside contacts
    Astrella: GSRM rights, feminism, trans stuff, Skype
    Asteron Questar: Relationships, depression
    Mystic Muse: Skype-y goodness.
    Socratov: Skype-ness
    Chess435: Skype
    Irish Musician: PM, Rants/Venting
    Metditto: PM/Skype for L, T, GQ, BDSM(Off-thread or Spoiler Triggered), demisexual, feminism, therapy, depression, dissociative identities
    inuyasha: Shoulder on which to cry, someone to listen
    Partysan: PM/Skype, polyamory, pansexuality, BDSM(Off-thread or Spoiler Triggered), Rants/Venting
    TaiLiu: General Transgender information, transphobia.
    Enrico Dandolo (Caroline) : Trans stuff, mental health, feminism, asexuality, hugs. PM first, Skype chat if asked.
    Kesnit: Trans stuff (FtM), legal issues.

Some people are also willing to talk off-board, through Skype or email or other means; this is especially useful if your question involves board-forbidden topics such as religion or politics. Also, we can't (and ethically shouldn't!) give medical advice. If you need medical advice, please see a professional!

And as a parting note, I will say that even though moderators do not read PMs, they are still part of the forum and still subject to forums rules. Non-allowed topics and discussion should NOT be conducted via PM.

Previous Incarnations

Like the Glorious and Unconquered Sun, we have risen, lived, died, and risen anew, with many faces, many voices, many hearts. In this past, much can be found, both good, and bad, should one be brave or perhaps, foolish, enough to seek it.

Spoiler: Past Threads
    Show
    1. LGBT people in the playground
    2. LGBT people in the playground - part II
    3. LGBTitp - part III
    4. LGBTitp 4: We are a family?
    5. LGBTitp - Part Five
    6. LGBTitp - Part Six
    7. LGBTitp - Part Seven
    8. LGBTitp - Part Eight
    9. LGBTitp - Part Nine
    10. LGBTAitp - Part Ten
    11. LGBTAitp - Part Eleven
    12. LGBTAitp - Part Twelve
    13. LGBTAitp - Part Thirteen
    14. LGBTAitp - Part Fourteen
    15. LGBTAitp - Part Fifteen
    16. LGBTAitp - Part Sixteen
    17. LGBTAitp - Part Seventeen
    18. LGBTAitp - Part Eighteen!
    19. LGBTAitp - Part Nineteen
    20. LGBTAitp - Part Twenty - Critical Hit!
    21. LGBTAitp - Part Twenty-One - BLACKJACK!
    22. LGBTAitP Part 22: The Best There Is
    23. LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?
    24. LGBTAitP: Alphabet Soup-with 24 different Vitamins!
    25. LGBTAitP part 25: Doing Away With Subtitles
    26. LGBTAitP 26: No Time For Snappy Titles
    27. LGBTAitP 27: Of Shoes, and Ships, and Sealing Wax
    28. LGBTAitP #28: Come Taste the Rainbow!
    29. LGBTAitP #29: The Rainbow Outreach Program
    30. LGBTAitP 30: Free Cuddles (Enquire Within)
    31. LGBTAitP #31: Cuddles Are On Back Order. Have Some Snuggles!
    32. LGBTAitp #32: The Great Plushie Invasion!
    33. LGBTAitp #33: The Thread at the End of the Rainbow!
    34. LGTAitP #34: <3!!
    35. LGBTAitp #35: What Midlife Crisis? :3
    36. LGBTAitp #36: May Contain Bites!
    37. LGBTAitP #37: Once upon a time...
    38. LGBTAitP #38: Once More With Feeling!!
    39. LGBTAitP #38: Making Your Way in the World Today....
    40. LGBTAitP #40: Technicolour Partyboat
    41. LGBTAitp #41 - Imprecise Terminology Supercenter
    42. LGBTAitp #42: Better Than Skittles/The Meaning of Life!
    43. LGBTAitp #43 [Insert snappy subtitle here]
    44. LGBTAIitP #44: Quick, We Need To Vote A New Title!
    45. LGBTAIitP #45: Rainbow Anarchy
    46. LGBTAitP #46: I Cast Prismatic Hugs
    47. LGBTAIitp #47: Weather Control Central
    48. LGBTAIitp #48: For a Cuddly Tomorrow!
    49. LGBTAIitp #49: Please check all baggage before boarding the Rainbow Rail Road

Webcomics that touch on... Well, everything related to the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Venus Envy. Long dead webcomic. The creator has chosen not to continue it and move forward in life.
    Rain. A story of a MtF girl in high school.
    Khaos Komix.As the creator puts it(from his site): "A complete GLBTWTFBBQ comic about gender and sexuality. (Trigger warnings for EVERYTHING and nothing is safe for work.)"
    Always Raining Here. "Adrian is heartsick, Carter is horny. This is a story about their misadventures as awkward teenagers as they fumble through unrequited romances."
    Tripping over you.An awkward blind date leads to better options.
    Questionable Content. The LGBTA characters are well done, and not stereotypes.
    What's normal anyway. "What’s Normal Anyway? is a comic that discusses the trans male experience through the story of Mel, who takes the big risk of being himself and transitioning from female to male."
    Princess. A webcomic.
    Twokinds. Keveak: "It generally portrays GRSM matters positively and is quite a nice tale overall."
    Misfile The Rose Dragon: "Ash is a young boy who, as a result of a screw-up in Heaven, gets stuck in a girl's body in a life he doesn't recognize, and has to deal with the changes and challenges of his new body while trying to get back his old life. Supernatural hijinks and car racing are involved."
    I know I missed a few webcomics, and if anyone finds more, feel free to PM them to me with a brief description, and I will add them.

The Brand New LGBTA Arts & Crafts Thread!

Here my lovelies.

Have a new Thread on me.

You people are all awesome.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAI+ #50: Warning: This topic has exceeded its maximum awesome level.

my first family easter outing (still have another one tomorrow.) went alright. Gran keeps calling me “me maske” (my girl), which is sweet, even though she still uses male pronouns. Seeing people’s girlfriends and stuff when I was already feeling dysphoric wasn’t that great though, but overal it went alright. Had a nice conversation about gender and society with my brother as well.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAI+ #50: Warning: This topic has exceeded its maximum awesome level.

Well, my sexuality just completely imploded or exploded on itself. I'm not sure which.

Spoiler: Weirdness
    Show
    I was partway through a fantasy, fairly standard for me, when I got a flood of my psychosis. Manifests as delusions, specifically memories of past lives. Suddenly, I'm into several simultaneous fantasies and things involve past lives. Mixtures of male incarnations, female incarnations, eunuch, and my non-terrestrial memories all in there. I was thinking of erogenous zones I haven't had for centuries, and partners who have been dead as long, and now I'm all confused.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Well, my sexuality just completely imploded or exploded on itself. I'm not sure which.

Show
    I was partway through a fantasy, fairly standard for me, when I got a flood of my psychosis. Manifests as delusions, specifically memories of past lives. Suddenly, I'm into several simultaneous fantasies and things involve past lives. Mixtures of male incarnations, female incarnations, eunuch, and my non-terrestrial memories all in there. I was thinking of erogenous zones I haven't had for centuries, and partners who have been dead as long, and now I'm all confused.

If there was anything I could even come close to doing to help I would. Unfortunately that is far from my area of expertise, which is a small area in and of itself.

All I have to give are hugz and cookies, my many armed friend.

Matthew
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Show
    Seems like something that might be interesting to experiment with if you had some degree of control. As it is I can see how it would be confusing and distressing

I assume the neurology of these kind of things is vaguely understood by science. Do you think it would be useful to see a psychiatrist or doctor?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Hello!

And now we have LGBTA spam! (A Captain America spam with the LGBTA prefix just appeared).

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    And now we have LGBTA spam! (A Captain America spam with the LGBTA prefix just appeared).
    The real gay agenda.

Lena - glad things were pretty good for you :)
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

*inhales*

I love the smell of a new thread in the morning! Smells like... rainbows.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Hello!

Was so much hoping it would not actually be spam you don't even know.
    Spoiler: Campaign Journals
    Show

Axinia: My campaign setting.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Mew, thank you, Zorg, today didn't go that well though. :/

Spoiler: Petty Whining
    Show
    Misgendered constantly by everyone (except for my dad, I really need to tell him I appreciate him trying hard.) Young cousins said stuff like about how me wearing earrings is weird on a boy, how I want to be a girl but I still look like a boy and how my clothes can’t be girl clothes. I know they’re just kids, but still…

bleh, dysphoric again and wonder what’s the point of even trying. I have a huge forehead, wide jaw, hideous chin, awful throat, broad shoulders, gross legs, no hips, a flat chest… should just cut of my hair again and throw out these stupid pills.

And so tired of always being miserable and pressuring my friends, wonder if it might be best to just break contact and not impose myself on them anymore. Just a useless failure in about everything anyway, school, family, hobbies, being trans…
    Last edited by Astrella; 2014-04-21 at 11:21 AM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I think I will be having a talk with a few plastic surgeons around here to see what my option are regarding breast augmentation.
    In the end, I am definitely not happy with mine 7 years in HRT and I'd want to have twice as much volume at most.
    That would still keep them on the smallish side, with pleases me and would also solve this self image issue I currently have.

Depending on the available options, I will have to grow past my distaste for silicone implants.
    Even though they will bigger than 150cc should I end up going that route.
    Fat grafting may end up proving troublesome, for it is not readily available down here in Brazil, and it requires one to have spare fat to begin with...
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post

Show
    Misgendered constantly by everyone (except for my dad, I really need to tell him I appreciate him trying hard.) Young cousins said stuff like about how me wearing earrings is weird on a boy, how I want to be a girl but I still look like a boy and how my clothes can’t be girl clothes. I know they’re just kids, but still…

bleh, dysphoric again and wonder what’s the point of even trying. I have a huge forehead, wide jaw, hideous chin, awful throat, broad shoulders, gross legs, no hips, a flat chest… should just cut of my hair again and throw out these stupid pills.

And so tired of always being miserable and pressuring my friends, wonder if it might be best to just break contact and not impose myself on them anymore. Just a useless failure in about everything anyway, school, family, hobbies, being trans…
    *hug* I feel for you. It's not petty whining.

Children can be hurtful, even if they don't want to and even if they're innocent. It's normal that you were hurt.

The last time you posted pictures, you were unmistakeably a girl. I know pictures are deceitful, but you're being very hard on yourself, I think.

It's probably best not to break contact with your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by SMEE View Post
    I think I will be having a talk with a few plastic surgeons around here to see what my option are regarding breast augmentation.
    In the end, I am definitely not happy with mine 7 years in HRT and I'd want to have twice as much volume at most.
    That would still keep them on the smallish side, with pleases me and would also solve this self image issue I currently have.

Depending on the available options, I will have to grow past my distaste for silicone implants.
    Fat grafting may end up proving troublesome, for it is not readily available down here in Brazil, and it requires one to have spare fat to begin with...
    Keep us updated on this. EDIT: By whish I mean that I'm very keenly interested in this information. (I hope my breast will continue growing, or rather start growing again, they seem blocked at an awkward size at the moment )
    Last edited by Miriel; 2014-04-21 at 01:23 PM.
    Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

I have some to spare. Are we allowed to donate? [j/k.... kinda ]

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Show

I'm sorry you're feeling particularly bad at the moment.

It's wrong that you have to fight to get the body and life you deserve, but you need to believe you can do it. You deserve to be happy.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Spoiler
    Show
    *hugs* You've looked nice every time I've seen pictures of you, dear... I dunno, I wish I could help more, but I'm not sure how.

Do you want to start chatting again? I'm on gryphon.magicstar.net at the moment, under the name Raven, if you do...

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Enrico Dandolo View Post
    whish I mean that I'm very keenly interested in this information. (I hope my breast will continue growing, or rather start growing again, they seem blocked at an awkward size at the moment )
    I will keep you all posted.
    And breast growth from hormones can be rather finicky. The growth seems to happen in bursts.
    And if your family is poor endowed like mine... well, only surgery can do miracles in that case.
    I want high As, low Bs at most, but mine stuck at AAs no matter what I've done. >.>

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    I have some to spare. Are we allowed to donate? [j/k.... kinda ]
    I want high As, low Bs at most, but mine stuck at AAs no matter what I've done. >.>
    Ah, I wish we could donate. I have B's I would HAPPILY give you.

In other news... After being off T since August*, I went to the doctor today and got a new prescription. The pharmacy didn't have my drugs in stock, but said they will have it tomorrow. So tomorrow, I get to get back to normal!

* I worked for a temp agency and only had insurance when I had a temp job. My last job ended in August and I couldn't get another one. When Obamacare started, I signed up. But since I'd been unemployed for so long, it took a while to get my bills caught up enough that I could afford to pay the premium.
    Last edited by Kesnit; 2014-04-21 at 02:29 PM.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Should I ever be able to afford it, I will have....

Ample material for grafting...

Edit: Also, if anyone wants something added to the first post, or edited, or what-have-you, let me know.

Love ya people!
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2014-04-21 at 02:46 PM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Smell of new thread in the morning, not morning anymore, nesting here, blablablah.

*hugs for Astrella*
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAI+ #50: Warning: This topic has exceeded its maximum awesome level.

Show

You're not useless, Lena. There's nothing petty about wanting to be yourself and not be constantly told by people that they don't want to see you as you. Even if it feels terrible, going forward at least makes things better by a tiny bit. Throwing things out only means giving up everything and pretending you are dead. The ones pressuring someone are the ones constantly misgendering you and telling you that their view of arbitrary clothing rules are more important than your happiness (I know they're kids, but they still reflect that mentality and need to have it challenged). You are not imposing yourself in any way, you're just doing what you need and existing. You have all the right in the world to be miserable when things are miserable, and there's nothing imposing about that.

You are not forcing anyone to be your friends and they could perfectly well have broken contact if they didn't want you. They haven't, so you are not imposing on anyone or being a failure to them, even if you feel like it yourself. I know it feels so very very true, but it feels just very very very for us that you are not imposing on us or being a failure.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

We like you, and you deserve compassion and patience while you get through this tough time. Stick with your dad, the kids will get used to it very quickly, and we think you're looking great in photos. It's very natural to focus on the areas that aren't good, but you can end up missing the feminine forest for staring at those more masculine trees. I've felt that overwhelming anxiety about failing at everything, and it helps me to choose one are (say, hobbies) and choose one project or goal (say, make a piece of jewellery), break it into a manageable plan (eg, buy beads after school, lay out design after dinner, put necklace together while watching Orange Is The New Black on Saturday morning). Just starting to make some tangible progress in one area can give you back some control and calm, and then you can tackle the rest in equally manageable chunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Should I ever be able to afford it, I will have....

Ample material for grafting...

Edit: Also, if anyone wants something added to the first post, or edited, or what-have-you, let me know.

Love ya people!
    Me too, but I don't need more boob enough to want surgery for it. Like, if a fairy came by and was like "I'm the Boob Fairy, any changes?" I would have several areas of improvement for her to work on, but size would be a way down the list and I'd only have them magicked a bit bigger. At the moment I'm simultaneously trying to lose weight AND eat all my Easter chocolate, which are two very opposing goals... But it means my boob-size is likely to fluctuate and I HATE bra-shopping.

Also, thanks for making the new thread!

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

21. - Top - End - #21

Well, my breast size is the only thing I am not happy about on my body, so I ought to fix it in one way or another.

Pretty pleased with everything else.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    Like, if a fairy came by and was like "I'm the Boob Fairy[...]"
    Okay, I'm not going to lie, but when I read this, I pictured the boobs equivalent of the Tooth Fairy instead.
    But doing with boobs what the Tooth Fairy does with teeth.
    (Which reaches a whole new level when you're on a Discworld binge like me right now.)
    ... I should probably go back to bed instead of posting worrying stuff, yeah.
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Okay, I'm not going to lie, but when I read this, I pictured the boobs equivalent of the Tooth Fairy instead.
    But doing with boobs what the Tooth Fairy does with teeth.
    (Which reaches a whole new level when you're on a Discworld binge like me right now.)
    ... I should probably go back to bed instead of posting worrying stuff, yeah.
    Trading them for coins?
    My friend says, "Maybe she takes away unwanted boobs and redistributes them?" That would be handy.
    Jude P.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Trading them for coins?
    My friend says, "Maybe she takes away unwanted boobs and redistributes them?" That would be handy.
    Yeah! That would also be extremely practical for transmen.
    (Except maybe for BF, who hardly had anything to trade for coins. Facilitated the top surgery, at least.)
    There should be a Uterus Fairy, too. And a bunch others.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

I'm noticing definite patchiness in my beard now, finally! It's starting to go at last!
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Blargh. Super worried about my appointment tomorrow. I have no idea how flexible these psychiatrists are willing to be, or how much they understand transgenderism.

I did a rough count yesterday. When I started getting confusing emotions and exploring my gender identity, It took me 21 weeks to be absolutely certain I wanted to transition and to request that from my GP.

That was 64 weeks ago. In that time I have not started on hormones, nor spoken to a specialist in gender. The delays are quite annoying.

I wonder if it would be useful to up the dose of my anti-depressants.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    I'm noticing definite patchiness in my beard now, finally! It's starting to go at last!
    Yay! So, is that just using hormones? Or is that with laser hair removal and/or waxing?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Yay! So, is that just using hormones? Or is that with laser hair removal and/or waxing?
    No hormones yet. That's from IPL, which is like laser but cheaper and not as good. I've had 8 or 9 sessions now I think? They estimated I'd need 24, at £99 for six sessions, to get rid of everything.

In other news, this is a drag queen friend of mine:
    Spoiler
    Show

I seriously do not understand how he gets a chest like that. Really impressive, and also jealous making!
    Last edited by Heliomance; 2014-04-21 at 06:37 PM.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

It's not petty or whining. It's ok to talk to us. And don't walk away from friends, trust me, it doesn't help anything. *hugs*
    LGBTA+itP

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    I seriously do not understand how he gets a chest like that. Really impressive, and also jealous making!
    As I understand it, use of tape. Not practical for long-term, but workable for a night.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.