New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Watchtower & HALO Unification Tournament - Now Open to Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Arena I]

"You use your magic, I'll use mine," Thariza says, as she raises her shield and swings her mace back and forth, with her arm slightly raised. Indeed, her weapon and shield begin to slightly glow with a blue light.
    Well in that his spear fires a small beam of red energy at Thariza's torso. If it strikes, it should do no more than cause some amount of pain, though she looks tough enough to shrug it off. case. This will be fun. He remains stationary, taking a defensive position as he continues to shoot his destructive energy. He's only firing at a rate of one per every five seconds, so Thariza shouldn't feel too hard pressed.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

[Command Tent]

Wenomir turns around when he spots Sam and smiles as well. The boys fall silent and look at the HALO member curiously. "Good to see you back on your feet," he says. "Welcome to the tournament. Those two are my nephews, Ziemowit and Bartosz. Boys, this is Samantha Goswell, a HALO member and an old acquaintance of mine."

[Arena I]

When Marcus fires the first ray, Thariza hunkers down on her knees and thrusts her shield forward. It causes a transparent, bluish force field to shimmer to extend outwards and deflect the ray back at its source.
    Last edited by Morty; 2014-04-08 at 10:20 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #33

[Arena I]

When Marcus fires the first ray, Thariza hunkers down on her knees and thrusts her shield forward. It causes a transparent, bluish force field to shimmer to extend outwards and deflect the ray back at its source.
    Arena I

The red beam barrage ends abruptly as Marcus uses his own shield to block the attack, the Runes of Protection creating a second layer around the reinforced wood shield. At last, someone with abilities which behave similarly to my own, even if they differ in source. He slashes his spear in a diagonal line going down from right to left. This creates an arc of the same painful energy which flies towards Thariza's stomach and legs.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

[Arena I]

Thariza actually steps forward towards the energy arc, this time sending her mace to meet it. The weapon glows with the same blue light, which is more intense this time, and the impact creates a shockwave that'll try to push Marcus back. The Charr doesn't respond to his comment - seems she becomes very concentrated when she fights, even in a friendly duel.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #35

Arena I

Total focus is an attribute that Marcus can respect, and he'll honor it by taking the match just as seriously. When the shockwave hits, no damage is done, but Marcus does take a step backwards, thrusting his spear at Thariza in order to keep her back. No energy is forthcoming; he wants to see how aggressive his opponent could be.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

amused Re: Watchtower & HALO Unification Tournament - Now Open to Everyone

Later On by Arena I

Misaka is boredly flipping an arcade coin, catching it, and flipping it, and catching it, and flipping it....
    Her right hand is holding aloft a sign reading in bright red "Looking for a Challenger"

And another point in time @ Arena I to prevent self RP:

Caelynn strides in, smiling with eagerness.
    Anyone looking for a fight? I'm convey ready!
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Refreshment Tent

A group of four is loitering here, watching the people heading for the arenas. They wear chainmail, and pinned over their hearts, the badge of the Silver Knights; A shield radiating a stylized sunburst, twin griffins encircling a fort etched upon it's face. The clear leader of the group is a man of fiery red hair, with a face somewhat like a bulldog, his nose broken back and his jaw widely blunt.

The rest are a pack of boys barely up to his chin, shaven heads and gawkish looks that scream of nerves. They barely look to be used to the armor they wear, much less the blades that sit at their belts, and there's no mistaking any of them for real warriors. One has to wonder what they think they're doing here.
    Therlynn is at the refreshment tent as well. When she notices the knights, she mutters, more or less under her breath, "Oh wonderful, the racist torturers are out in force today." Of course, if the knights are paying attention, they'll be able to hear her...She's not that subtle. .

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Arena I

Total focus is an attribute that Marcus can respect, and he'll honor it by taking the match just as seriously. When the shockwave hits, no damage is done, but Marcus does take a step backwards, thrusting his spear at Thariza in order to keep her back. No energy is forthcoming; he wants to see how aggressive his opponent could be.
    Thariza doesn't press the attack, instead circling Marcus slowly with her shield raised and her mace poised for a strike.

9. - Top - End - #39

Arena I

Marcus pivots in place, keeping his place in the arena as Thariza circles him. Since he is not in the center of the ring, she'll likely start to near him, and if she does he will lunge forward and attempt to stab her with his blunted spear.
    Should his adversary keep her distance, he'll attempt to throw the spear just behind her and swiftly draw his gladius, the red energy around his blade pulsing violently.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #40

Refreshment Tent

The red-haired man shoots her a glance, even as his lackeys move to draw steel. An upheld hand gives them the signal to stop though, the commander setting down his glass, turning to Therlynn with a smile full of scorn.

"Oh yea, they've let in dogs and all. Terrible place, ey?" Taking a hors d'oeuvre, he wolfs down the cube of cheese and chews the toothpick. "I'd offer you somethin' to eat, wolf, but I'm 'fraid they don't serve human flesh here."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2014-04-10 at 01:13 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Refreshment Tent

The red-haired man shoots her a glance, even as his lackeys move to draw steel. An upheld hand gives them the signal to stop though, the commander setting down his glass, turning to Therlynn with a smile full of scorn.

"Oh yea, they've let in dogs and all. Terrible place, ey?" Taking a hors d'oeuvre, he wolfs down the cube of cheese and chews the toothpick. "I'd offer you somethin' to eat, wolf, but I'm 'fraid they don't serve human flesh here."
    Therlynn merely smirks and says, "Yes, yes...Really, you don't know what you're missing. Hate really makes you people taste so much more...more. Really, it does. I have a friend who says it's something to do with the chemicals the body releases. So do keep it up...It'll make the after-fight feast much better if you attack me."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Arena I

Marcus pivots in place, keeping his place in the arena as Thariza circles him. Since he is not in the center of the ring, she'll likely start to near him, and if she does he will lunge forward and attempt to stab her with his blunted spear.
    Should his adversary keep her distance, he'll attempt to throw the spear just behind her and swiftly draw his gladius, the red energy around his blade pulsing violently.
    Thariza puts her shield in the way of the spear, and tries to push it aside. Should she succeed, she'll try to close the distance and strike at Marcus' head. If the hit connects, it will be noticeable, but harmless.

13. - Top - End - #43

Thariza puts her shield in the way of the spear, and tries to push it aside. Should she succeed, she'll try to close the distance and strike at Marcus' head. If the hit connects, it will be noticeable, but harmless.
    Arena I

The spear is easily shoved awry as the tigerwoman rushes him. Marcus raises his own shield to block the attack just a moment too slow. Luckily, all of his armor has Runes of Protection on it, causing Thariza's mace to bounce against it as if striking steel, without damaging his helm. In response, Marcus will attempt to stab Thariza in the gut, which could leave quite a bruise if it connects.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Arena 1

As the lightsabre flies past his head, Hungerfist reaches up to bat it away instinctively. If it works or not, he ignores it, so it burns the back of his head when it comes back and he grunts. The ogre smiles, approaching cautiously and preparing to launch a very fast punch at Trucido's head.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2014-04-10 at 03:51 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #45

Med Tent

A woman strides up to the Med Tent, clad in a slightly unusual outfit. She looks to be 18, and has an athletic physique, with tanned Caucasian skin, a prosthetic left foreleg, and a slightly attractive form. 3D Maneuver Gear hangs from her sides.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

16. - Top - End - #46

Med Tent
    ((Outfit link doesn't work.))

Mia is there and since the combats have juststarted, there isn't much to do.

"Hello, how can I help you?"
    She looks over the woman, but can't see any wounds yet so she seems to wonder why this person is here.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Med Tent
    ((Outfit link doesn't work.))

Mia is there and since the combats have juststarted, there isn't much to do.

"Hello, how can I help you?"
    She looks over the woman, but can't see any wounds yet so she seems to wonder why this person is here.
    ((It's the usual AoT uniform))
    Um, you wouldn't happen to know if there's any gas around here would you?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #48

Med Tent

Mia tilts her head and looks confused.

"Eh, I don't think you can find that here. maybe it's somewhere else. I don't know this area very well."

19. - Top - End - #49

Med Tent

Mia tilts her head and looks confused.

"Eh, I don't think you can find that here. maybe it's somewhere else. I don't know this area very well."
    Damn. My Maneuver Gear's out.
    She replies.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #50

Karen shows a mover where to move the hand truck and a very big cardboard box. She tips him and opens up the box with a pocket sized box cutter. Soon she unpacks and builds a moveable shrine to the gods of luck. There is a counter full of shelves and small statues. There is a comfy seat for behind the counter. There are taller sticks to hang lucky charms and papers on. On top there is a flip number board that looks like a forex with the luck percentage rates for every deity for the same amount of gold or mana or blood or chi or time. The numbers on the board change every second.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Damn. My Maneuver Gear's out.
    She replies.
    Med Tent
    "Your Maneuver Gear?" Mia asks still confused. She got no idea what this woman means with it.

22. - Top - End - #52

Med Tent
    "Your Maneuver Gear?" Mia asks still confused. She got no idea what this woman means with it.
    Katherine rashes an eyebrow, then remembers that not everyone knows about it.
    Yes. See these block-like things, and the tanks, and the apparatus on my back? These are parts of my The Three Dimensional Maneuver Gear, also called Vertical Maneuvering Equipment, is a set of gear developed by humans that allows great mobility when facing the Titans in combat. It's basically a set of two grappling hooks with swords which we can detach and replace the blades of, and tanks of gas here are used to propel us through the air to aid our movements via releasing compressed air as well as powering the grappling hooks.
    She explains, showing every part as she speaks of it.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

23. - Top - End - #53

Med Tent

Mia nods and listens. She understands more then the woman might think due to her high technological knowledge.

"I see, but still I don't know where you could get some gas here. Might I ask why you don't use electicity? Most parts seem to be able to work this way , too."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arena II]

If Tovpir wants, he can face the astral hounds described in post #12, since Recaiden seems to have dropped out of that scene (and even if he hasn't, it doesn't matter, there can be multiple packs of hounds or something).

[Elsewhere]

Challenger!

A tall, handsome red-haired tiefling is totally present and looking for a fight. He's dressed in a considerably less spare outfit than his usual garb. In addition to his usual heavy, clockwork looking gauntlets, he's wearing a dark padded coat with a breastplate and gorget, and armored boots. In addition to his usual array of daggers, he also has a pair of swords wrapped up in bundles - a larger cross-hilted longsword, and a much narrower, more modern smallsword.

Kal hangs around the outskirts of the tournament for now. As far as he's aware, he's still publicly aligned with AMEN, which may not draw too warm a welcome from the assorted HALOites and Watchmen, even if personally he's starting to think of casting off from what he sees as a diseased and dying group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

25. - Top - End - #55

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [Arena II]

If Tovpir wants, he can face the astral hounds described in post #12, since Recaiden seems to have dropped out of that scene (and even if he hasn't, it doesn't matter, there can be multiple packs of hounds or something).

[Elsewhere]

Challenger!

A tall, handsome red-haired tiefling is totally present and looking for a fight. He's dressed in a considerably less spare outfit than his usual garb. In addition to his usual heavy, clockwork looking gauntlets, he's wearing a dark padded coat with a breastplate and gorget, and armored boots. In addition to his usual array of daggers, he also has a pair of swords wrapped up in bundles - a larger cross-hilted longsword, and a much narrower, more modern smallsword.

Kal hangs around the outskirts of the tournament for now. As far as he's aware, he's still publicly aligned with AMEN, which may not draw too warm a welcome from the assorted HALOites and Watchmen, even if personally he's starting to think of casting off from what he sees as a diseased and dying group.
    Misaka walks up to him.
    "hey, you looking for a sparring partner too?H
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Arena I

The spear is easily shoved awry as the tigerwoman rushes him. Marcus raises his own shield to block the attack just a moment too slow. Luckily, all of his armor has Runes of Protection on it, causing Thariza's mace to bounce against it as if striking steel, without damaging his helm. In response, Marcus will attempt to stab Thariza in the gut, which could leave quite a bruise if it connects.
    Thariza is hit in the gut, but as the spear connects, she's surrounded by a blue glow and Marcus might feel his own strike, albeit weaker than the original one. At the same time, Thariza makes another attack, this time an upwards swing at his elbow.

27. - Top - End - #57

Med Tent

Mia nods and listens. She understands more then the woman might think due to her high technological knowledge.

"I see, but still I don't know where you could get some gas here. Might I ask why you don't use electicity? Most parts seem to be able to work this way , too."
    Katherine looks at her quizzically.
    What's Electricity?
    Huh.
    Gess that explains it
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Kal gives Misaka a quick glance.
    "Yeah.... not in the habit of sparring with... tiny... schoolgirls..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    Kal gives Misaka a quick glance.
    "Yeah.... not in the habit of sparring with... tiny... schoolgirls..."
    I can hold my own! You're looking at a Level 4 Electron Manipulator! I can probably beat you without breaking a sweat!
    Misaka replies, sparks dancing across her left hand and a confident grin on her face.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #60

Thariza is hit in the gut, but as the spear connects, she's surrounded by a blue glow and Marcus might feel his own strike, albeit weaker than the original one. At the same time, Thariza makes another attack, this time an upwards swing at his elbow.
    Arena I

Ouch, empathy strikes are never fun to deal with. Marcus grunts as he feels a bit of the damage he just inflicted on Thariza, barely able to counter with his shield in time. The Runes allow him to keep his balance, but he won't manage an attack of his own. Instead, he backpedals several feet, dropping the spear and drawing his gladius.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show