New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus:] Ignitis Academy I: Come to the Dark Side.

Training Hall:

Trucido had been listening closely, wondering how his initiates would respond while he was away. As he comes back, the Sith Lord sets the box of lightsabers down upon the ground with a very loud bang. His face looks utterly neutral, though his eyes appear to be quite passionate. He picks up what looks to be a small and spry stick against the wall.

An Instructor's rod.

The Sith will ignore the others talking and moving to get into their places and find a partner, instead heading for Natalia quickly, his body radiating aggressiveness. As he draws near, he simultaneously drops a small nondescript crimson lightsaber hilt at her feet and brings the hand with the Instructor's rod down hard upon Natalia's broken hands. The rod will send a magical spark of electricity down her body, not to mention causing excruciating pain due to her injury.

The sound of the wooden rod hitting her broken hands mixed with what'll no doubt be her loud scream ought to quiet down the others. The Sith Master seems very calm though despite his cruel actions. He'll point down to the saber at her feet before speaking, his crisp voice deathly calm. It's clear that the initiates are to pay attention here and head over to their partner. Trucido looks like he means business.

Pick it up. Now.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Training Hall:

Trucido had been listening closely, wondering how his initiates would respond while he was away. As he comes back, the Sith Lord sets the box of lightsabers down upon the ground with a very loud bang. His face looks utterly neutral, though his eyes appear to be quite passionate. He picks up what looks to be a small and spry stick against the wall.

An Instructor's rod.

The Sith will ignore the others talking and moving to get into their places and find a partner, instead heading for Natalia quickly, his body radiating aggressiveness. As he draws near, he simultaneously drops a small nondescript crimson lightsaber hilt at her feet and brings the hand with the Instructor's rod down hard upon Natalia's broken hands. The rod will send a magical spark of electricity down her body, not to mention causing excruciating pain due to her injury.

The sound of the wooden rod hitting her broken hands mixed with what'll no doubt be her loud scream ought to quiet down the others. The Sith Master seems very calm though despite his cruel actions. He'll point down to the saber at her feet before speaking, his crisp voice deathly calm. It's clear that the initiates are to pay attention here and head over to their partner. Trucido looks like he means business.

Pick it up. Now.
    Natalia yells in pain as the rod is brought down.
    Sir, my hands are too damaged to do so. I am unable to grab anything at all in my current state.
    She says to him, slightly angered and holding back a few tears..
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Hall

Lazaro listens intently to Korwil's story, not making the commentary he'd like to on the 'jedi' part. He takes up the loose, constantly moving stance of Juyo, then-

Is interrupted by Natalia's pained shout.

He wants to be intimidating. He wants to be the silent type that the others avoid, just to stay out of the drama. He wants to avoid attention, unless it can give him power. But his happiest years were spent traveling with a doctor, and the lessons learned then kick in now.

He makes a quick, powerful stride over to Natalia's side and goes to yank her hand over and inspect it.

"She'll never heal properly if you beat her like that!"
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Halfling in the Playground

Training Hall

Korwil readies himself against an assault...that never happens. He turns to face the conflict, retaining a neutral expression. He believed Natalia had brought this upon herself, and if she couldn't handle it after one day, she should just leave. this was no place for the weak...
    I know the extent of her injuries, Master. Give her a day or two, then put her to work...or have her leave now.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Training Hall

Lazaro listens intently to Korwil's story, not making the commentary he'd like to on the 'jedi' part. He takes up the loose, constantly moving stance of Juyo, then-

He wants to be intimidating. He wants to be the silent type that the others avoid, just to stay out of the drama. He wants to avoid attention, unless it can give him power. But his happiest years were spent traveling with a doctor, and the lessons learned then kick in now.

He makes a quick, powerful stride over to Natalia's side and goes to yank her hand over and inspect it.

He succeeds!
    Her hands are indeed badly damaged!
    They'll need a few weeks to heal due to the various fractured bones and badly bruised skin, and her right middle finger needs to be replaced now, beyond repair
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    He succeeds!
    Her hands are indeed badly damaged!
    They'll need a few weeks to heal due to the various fractured bones and badly bruised skin, and her right middle finger needs to be replaced now, beyond repair
    "Hold still."

Lazaro focuses on the hands and tunes in as best he can with the force around him. He doesn't know much about the force, but he does know about medicine and medical work, and how to use enhance his senses and fool those of others. He tries to use the force to ease Natalie's pain and enhance his own senses, then tries to pop the bones into their proper positions.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Natalia yells in pain as the rod is brought down.
    Sir, my hands are too damaged to do so. I am unable to grab anything at all in my current state.
    She says to him, slightly angered and holding back a few tears..
    Trucido lets her speak, but his frighteningly calm expression doesn't change. His eyes are piercing and it's obvious that Natalia's standing on thin ice with him. The Sith Lord would not tolerate weakness nor would he stand for her giving up. He utters a single sentence, his sharp teeth clgacking lightly as he speaks, the scent of incense around him. A Sith does not give up. A Sith does NOT say no to his Master. With that, Trucido moves his hand to strike at Natalia's face, slapping her as he growls out. You are weak!

Training Hall

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Training Hall

Korwil readies himself against an assault...that never happens. He turns to face the conflict, retaining a neutral expression. He believed Natalia had brought this upon herself, and if she couldn't handle it after one day, she should just leave. this was no place for the weak...
    I know the extent of her injuries, Master. Give her a day or two, then put her to work...or have her leave now.
    "Hold still."

Lazaro focuses on the hands and tunes in as best he can with the force around him. He doesn't know much about the force, but he does know about medicine and medical work, and how to use enhance his senses and fool those of others. He tries to use the force to ease Natalie's pain and enhance his own senses, then tries to pop the bones into their proper positions.
    As Lazaro moves in to heal her, Trucido moves back into the center of the room. He looks over the other initiates for a few seconds, simply looking over to each of them and assessing their reactions to his brutality.

((Posting order should probably happen now.))

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Hall

Lazaro moves his hand to block Trucido.

"She is learning! If you cannot handle being told 'no' every now and again, why become a leader?"

He stands up and coughs a bit of blood, his throat damaged by the strain of speaking at full volume.

"I would see her recover and become one of your best students, master. Compassion and passion, no?"

(Recaiden) He lives!

9. - Top - End - #189

Courtyard

I AM NOT WEAK! MY CURRENT BODILY STATE DOES NOT MEAN I MYSELF AM FRAGILE!
    Natalia yells, furious, at Trucidio.
    Her eyes burn with anger as she stands her ground, determined to not lose
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-03-17 at 12:47 AM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Training hall

Akina stands back, assessing her fellow students and master. She calmly watches and waits.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

Training Hall

Grillai watches, her face impassive. She feels curious, and vaguely excited by the brutality, and enjoys Natalia's pain and suffering.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #192

Training Hall

Korwil's aura flares dangerously as Lazaro defends Natalia. His eyes narrow, and the blond Sith-to-be walks up to the trio, speaking with force to the man who was to train beside him. My friend, I inflicted these injuries upon her. She is weak, and better suited outside of these walls. She has no talent. Trust me. Besides, if you continue to strain your voice, you'll be the one in the infirmary. His midi-chlorian field will typically concentrate towards whoever is speaking to him. This protects the front of his body, but leaves the rest of him relatively vulnerable from Force attacks. Korwil ignores Natalia's protests. He had seen enough.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Hall

Lazaro moves his hand to block Trucido.

"She is learning! If you cannot handle being told 'no' every now and again, why become a leader?"

He stands up and coughs a bit of blood, his throat damaged by the strain of speaking at full volume.

"I would see her recover and become one of your best students, master. Compassion and passion, no?"
    Trucido's slap is intercepted quickly by Lazaro's agile hand. Trucido curls his fingers into a fist, but doesn't bother making any movements at the moment. However, when Lazaro lets go and begins to cough, Trucido raises his hand down to his side, resting his hands upon his lightsaber hilts. His gaze is intense as he looks over the group.

Courtyard

I AM NOT WEAK! MY CURRENT BODILY STATE DOES NOT MEAN I MYSELF AM FRAGILE!
    Natalia yells, furious, at Trucidio.
    Her eyes burn with anger as she stands her ground, determined to not lose
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Training hall

Akina stands back, assessing her fellow students and master. She calmly watches and waits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Training Hall

Grillai watches, her face impassive. She feels curious, and vaguely excited by the brutality, and enjoys Natalia's pain and suffering.
    Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Training Hall

Korwil's aura flares dangerously as Lazaro defends Natalia. His eyes narrow, and the blond Sith-to-be walks up to the trio, speaking with force to the man who was to train beside him. My friend, I inflicted these injuries upon her. She is weak, and better suited outside of these walls. She has no talent. Trust me. Besides, if you continue to strain your voice, you'll be the one in the infirmary. His midi-chlorian field will typically concentrate towards whoever is speaking to him. This protects the front of his body, but leaves the rest of him relatively vulnerable from Force attacks. Korwil ignores Natalia's protests. He had seen enough.
    Upon watching the escalation of the battle, Trucido continues to grin, his expression that of an amused and proud teacher. Excellent, he had roused them up. Inspired them with anger... with bloodlust. Grillai and Akina would need to be inspired in other ways... Neither of them appeared to react well to physical stimuli, at least physically... Now, it was time to arm them, and let them experience battle inspired by passion. He begins to slowly clap, meaning to silence the group. Good... good. Now, you two... He moves over to each individual, roughly pushing or grabbing them with his gloved hands and moving them at opposite sides of the room. As he moves them, he quickly hands each individual a faded red lightsaber. Korwil and Lazaro are paired, Grillai and Akina are paired, and finally, Trucido moves to stand across from Natalia. Can you feel it? Your veins are rushing with anger... With passion! Now, strike... Fight eachother. Experience the feeling...

He stares down at Natalia now, speaking to her as the others ought to commence fighting. You're injured. I'm aware. However, should I command you in the future, you try every single method you can think of to complete the commands I give. You needn't use your clumsy limbs for battle. You are to be a Sith.... That is, if you don't fail me again. You have the Force! He raises a hand in front of him, and his violet lightsaber, Black Lotus, floats into the air from his belt. He uses the force to activate the blade, turning on the saber. You may require special training. Physicality doesn't seem to be your forte.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Hall

Akina quickly assesses the saber before activating it. She takes a step towards her opponent, before mentally probing her partner. She is checking for any defenses.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Trucido's slap is intercepted quickly by Lazaro's agile hand. Trucido curls his fingers into a fist, but doesn't bother making any movements at the moment. However, when Lazaro lets go and begins to cough, Trucido raises his hand down to his side, resting his hands upon his lightsaber hilts. His gaze is intense as he looks over the group.

Upon watching the escalation of the battle, Trucido continues to grin, his expression that of an amused and proud teacher. Excellent, he had roused them up. Inspired them with anger... with bloodlust. Grillai and Akina would need to be inspired in other ways... Neither of them appeared to react well to physical stimuli, at least physically... Now, it was time to arm them, and let them experience battle inspired by passion. He begins to slowly clap, meaning to silence the group. Good... good. Now, you two... He moves over to each individual, roughly pushing or grabbing them with his gloved hands and moving them at opposite sides of the room. As he moves them, he quickly hands each individual a faded red lightsaber. Korwil and Lazaro are paired, Grillai and Akina are paired, and finally, Trucido moves to stand across from Natalia. Can you feel it? Your veins are rushing with anger... With passion! Now, strike... Fight eachother. Experience the feeling...

He stares down at Natalia now, speaking to her as the others ought to commence fighting. You're injured. I'm aware. However, should I command you in the future, you try every single method you can think of to complete the commands I give. You needn't use your clumsy limbs for battle. You are to be a Sith.... That is, if you don't fail me again. You have the Force! He raises a hand in front of him, and his violet lightsaber, Black Lotus, floats into the air from his belt. He uses the force to activate the blade, turning on the saber. You may require special training. Physicality doesn't seem to be your forte.
    Natalia nods, suddenly not nearly as angry as before. Odd.
    Understood, sir.
    She replies sincerely with a look of complete seriousness, though embers of anger still burn in her eyes. They will die out soon though.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #196

Training Hall

Korwil sets his staff aside, taking the red saber. The moment he does, his aura flares dangerously, enough so that even the least Sensitive of the initiates will be able to tell something is wrong.
    The staff isn't just a walking stick or a weapon. It was his grounding tool, something that allows him to keep from overwhelming his body with power. This could get messy...
    The shield of midi-chlorians, which had previously just condensed near whoever he was talking to, now covered his whole body, but Korwil's forehead is covered in sweat, and he's not standing steadily. He takes his place in front of Lazaro and extends the blade towards him. ...I...am ready. Prepare yourself...friend Lazaro. His short, blond hair stands on end, and his green eyed burn with intense power.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

Training Hall

Grillai takes a black-bladed lightsabre and unbuckles her shockwhip from her waist and tossing it to one side. It's gene-locked, and anyone trying to pick it up by the handle will likely get a paralysing electric shock, though there are ways to trick the sensor- wearing a glove of Grillai's skin, for example, or making a glove from a Grillai clone.

Grillai holds her sabre in a vaguely defensive posture.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Hall

Grillai takes a black-bladed lightsabre and unbuckles her shockwhip from her waist and tossing it to one side. It's gene-locked, and anyone trying to pick it up by the handle will likely get a paralysing electric shock, though there are ways to trick the sensor- wearing a glove of Grillai's skin, for example, or making a glove from a Grillai clone.

Grillai holds her sabre in a vaguely defensive posture.
    All the sabers are faded red. We were told so, it must be true. Akina's mind reaches for Grillai's, trying to find any mental defenses. Does she find any? If there are any, she withdraws her mind probe. If there aren't, she will try to briefly baffle/confuse Grillai.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

Training Hall

My mistake, then.

Grillai's mind isn't well-defended, though Grillai is a very strong-willed person and familiar enough with Force-altered mental states to resist Akina's efforts. The Zygerrian tries to meet her opponent's eyes, using the Force so that if the eye contact is successful, Akina should be slightly hypnotised in a way that makes her suggestible and slows her reactions. A useful power, for a slaver.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Training hall
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Since Akinas face is magically shrouded by shadows, that wouldn't work
    You've tried this before.
    Akina steps forward, still defensive in her stance. She tries to sidestep to come at her partner from an angle. Whether or not it succeeds, she steps forward again.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

Training Hall

I have more characters than I can shake a stick at; I can't remember everything!

Grillai moves so that she is facing Akina at all times, before flicking out her sabre at Akina's head. She's expecting it to be blocked, so there's not much force behind the blow.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Training Hall]

Skye steps down from where she was overseeing them, and to Natalia.
    "Your hands are your greatest advantage, but they are not all you have. If they are broken, you grasp with the stumps of your arms. If you cannot grasp, you reach with your toes. If you cannot enclose it, grip it in your teeth. If you cannot move at all, you call for aid, but you do not give up. You do not deny us or yourself."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Hall

Lazaro steps away from Natalia and adopts his mobile stance, stepping far back from Korwil and circling to his right, what's left of his eyebrow raised in curiosity at the presence he's feeling as he twirls his blade.

"Are you alright?"

(Recaiden) He lives!

24. - Top - End - #204

Training Hall

Korwil tries to smile confidently, though it looks more like a grimace, as he replies, No....take care. Initiate Traise steps forward, his legs starting to appear as if a fuzzy haze has come over them. In fact, every time he moves, he looks less solid, though he pretends not to notice. Make this quick. He pleads, slashing diagonally with his one-armed blow. It's a heavier blow than Lazaro might expect, and the blond's aura flares violently as he strikes.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Natalia nods, suddenly not nearly as angry as before. Odd.
    Understood, sir.
    She replies sincerely with a look of complete seriousness, though embers of anger still burn in her eyes. They will die out soon though.
    Trucido doesn't appear to think very highly of Natalia. After all, when he was initiated into the Sith Order by his lover, failure to comply to his Master's commands equaled the harshest and most creative of punishments... He remembered a particularly gruesome punishment that befell a friend of his... The dark memory flashed beneath his eyes briefly before the unpleasant thought was tucked away. He didn't like remember what had happened. He looks over her one last time, judging her by the look in her eyes. She was building up resentment for him. Good. That was fine. An initiate needn't like her teacher as long as the lesson got through, and he doubted she'd forget his particular lessons... Good, Initiate. Next time you feel like complaining, swallow your words. Better than ending up swallowing your own blood.

As Skye approaches, he backs away. Skye would know how to handle this better than he did. Instead, he begins to influence the next battle.

Training Hall

I have more characters than I can shake a stick at; I can't remember everything!

Grillai moves so that she is facing Akina at all times, before flicking out her sabre at Akina's head. She's expecting it to be blocked, so there's not much force behind the blow.
    The Sith sighs internally as he watches the rather... lackluster battle. Neither of the two appeared to be particularly good at this sort of thing. Well, perhaps they just needed a little inspiration... Grillai might find her mind spoken to by Trucido. Initiate. You are weak in the flesh. One of the weakest here. Combat will never be your strongsuit, even with work. Do not fret, however. Play to your strengths. The Force is strong with you... Choke her. Domineer her. Lift your arm, and imagine what's to occur. Do it. Now.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Hall

Juyo works unsurprisingly well with force powers based on the senses. The fluid motions of the style require absolute awareness of yourself and your surroundings, and one must be able to anticipate their opponent's actions to ever master it. Perhaps, then, it's no coincidence that Lazaro uses this style above all others.

Lazaro'a rightward circling turns into a a spin and a slide across the floor to the left of Korwil, the boy looking like a limbo dancer doing the splits on a valet floor as he twists down and unfolds, then snaps right back up about two meters away like some sort of novelty top. Lazaro's finger naturally twitches, but he remembers he doesn't have his flechette blaster for this fight.

"I can't make any promises," he coughs, swinging his blade down, then sharply to the right and wrapping around Korwil's figure before he jabs at his sparring partner's kidney like the bite of some hypnotizing viper.

(Recaiden) He lives!

27. - Top - End - #207

Courtyard

Natalia nods.
    Understood.
    Her eyes are no longer vessels of burning embers, and her voice is honest and sincere.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Training hall

Akina steps back to dodge, still defensive, trying to figure out how her opponent fights.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209

Training Hall

Korwil remains motionless as Lazaro circles him, focused on remaining solid. When his opponent strikes, he senses the movement tearing through his wide-spreading aura and twirls to the right, using momentum to counter the blow. He's not prepared to counterattack beyond a random Force Burst towards Laz, acting similarly to a Force Push. The poor man looks like he's been absolutely smothered in fog. The staff... he utters, unable to complete the sentence.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

Training Hall

Keeping her lightsabre levelled in a defensive position, Grillai lets go with her left hand and raises it, imagining the Force choking Akina into submission.

In her mind, Trucido may hear Grillai offer her thanks.