Faith: 3
    Luck: 3

Stuff that Carries Across

Spoiler: Technology
    Show
    1)Kralax riding.

Spoiler: Government/Society
    Show
    As with many kingdoms, the king comes first in the line of command. The king's children usually are allowed to govern a section of the kingdom to give them a taste for leadership. All members of the royal family are guarded by elite guards . Next are the high-wealth landowners and the medium-wealth business owners and merchants. The low-wealth laborers and warriors come last. If some wish, they may seek to join the monastery at hearthglow peak, but few are accepted to join.

Spoiler: The Emperor (or Empress)
    Show
    Apahulucta is a protégé in both arts and science. As a boy, he trained at the hearthglow monastery and has a keen military mind. His predecessor left the land in a bad condition, and Ap (short name) is determined to set things right.

Spoiler: Architecture Example
    Show

Spoiler: Boat Design
    Show

Alydaxis (29) Region Details

Population: 80,000

Spoiler: Terrain
    Show
    Alydaxis's land is mostly covered in jungle. However, in the north, the land is made mainly out of rocky foothills. In these foothills, there is an abundance of ancient tombs and temples. Most are buried in rock, but a few are still visible. The mountains to the west contribute an obstacle to explorers trying to go inland. But, there is a chasm that cuts through the mountains that provides easier access to the other side.

Spoiler: People
    Show
    Alydaxis is composed of 'type D' lizardfolk. This type has a few spikes on their tails (like a stegosaurus), and has an average lifespan of 100 years. The royal family is especially noticeable due to a large crest at the back of their heads. They have green skin like this and purple markings on their face, arms, tail, and legs.

Spoiler: Resources
    Show
    Some materials that can be found here include lumber, silver, and ordanium (looks like iron, but with greenish tint and is much harder). Because the rock in this region easily crumbles under pressure, Alydaxis requires stone. Recently acquired resources include: ancient artifacts

Spoiler: Religion (a bit complicated)
    Show
    The faithful people in Alydaxis are focused on the strange ruins and the ancient people that built them. In each of the temples, there are shrines to winged humans that cover their eyes, as if crying. Many revere these as deities and protectors of their land. Other than this, the people believe that when people die, they are reincarnated into a common lizard before reaching the afterlife. When one is found, it is brought to an angel shrine and worshipped as well. I have no idea of how to classify this. Ancestor worship ?

Spoiler: Archeological Sites
    Show
    There are many archeological sites in Alydaxis, but these are the major ones:

High Gate ruins: Ironically, the entrance is found underground. It leads to a network of caves that come into a huge cavern, with side tunnels heading off to more caverns. Is this why the rock is so breakable? Who cares, this site has 'underground colony' written all over it!

Dolthar's tomb: This site is interesting mainly because of a large vertical pit with stone bridges, all of which are above a lake. At the bottom lies the coffin of Dolthar, resting with some trees.

Temple Mountain: This site is mainly for religious purposes. It has three angel statues and the exterior is like Bleak Falls Barrow from Skyrim.

Glirfrey (41) Region Details

Population: 75,000

Show
    Glirfrey's flat, coastal area is home to the great marsh, an obscenely large marsh that is home to the region's many giraffes. About where the "41" is on the map is Mount Cnor, a very tall mountain akin to the real world mount Kilimanjaro, and named for our lost friend. There are also several nest-caves that are home to the regions less sentient inhabitants, the Kralax.

Show
    Glirfrey is composed of 'type D' lizardfolk. For full details, see above.

Show
    As already determined, Giraffes are a major part of the economy. There are also a few Domesticated Kralax in the region, but many are still wild and their possible military applications have not been explored, but They can be ridden. This region needs wood for just about everything, so it's good that I have it.

Spoiler: Religion
    Show
    The only faithful belief that the Glirfreyans have is that strange things happen in the marsh at night.

Spoiler: Kralax
    Show
    The Kralax are a very dangerous species that resemble and are almost identical to Hydralisks. For those that aren't fans of the StarCraft series of games, they have large crest-heads and move like a serpent. Natural weapons include scythe-like arms, mandibles, and projectile spikes. They are not very fast, so a horse could easily outrun one.

As of round 11, they are able to be ridden.

Scla' ca (27) Region Details

Population: 69,000

Spoiler: Terrain (by Shnur)
    Show
    Thanks to monsoon rains, land of Scla´ca is covered by tropical forest. There is only small fertile area in the north of region which can feed just small part of Scla´ca population. Rest of population depends on sea in the east or on hunting in rainforest in central and south part of Scla´ca. There are also mountains in the west, which blocks path to salt desert. People of Scla´ca usually avoid large lake in the north-west, because its water is poisoned by salt and our people believe that terrible creatures live in the lake.

Roaring Mountain: Worst insult in Scla´ca language can be translated like: “May screaming monkey tears out your heart.“ This monkey-shaped mountain brings fear to hearts of Scla´ca people for centuries. One old legend says that Roaring mountain is in fact petrified skull of actual monster. It says that two thousands year ago gigantic monkey attacked lizardfolk settlements and killed almost all of them. Only few survivors escaped deep to the forest. Last surviving shaman came with idea, they sacrificed five monkey to spirits of nature, but with no efect. In desperate situation they used last desperate means, they sacrificed five lizardfolk. In very same moment large black stone have fallen from the sky and killed monster. Now, this stone lies forty kilometers on the south-east from Roaring mountain and is subject of worshiping.

The Sky Stone: This stone lies in center of Scla´ca land. It´s gift of nature to lizardfolk which, according to legends spread by shamans, has magical power. It should protect lizardfolk from destroying in case of need. This stone, according to another legend, killed famous Monster and created Roaring Mountain. It´s twenty meters long and five meters high black stone, situated in big crater. The Sky Stone is most sacred place for Scla´ca people and many of them come here to touch him and say their wishes. They should come true.

Deep Forest: Rainforest which covers most of land of Scla´ca in called simply Deep Forest. This forest provides us with most of our resources. Meat and fruit is consumed mostly by locals, but it also provides tropical wood for trade. Many people believes that in south, deep in forest lies territory of horrible monsters or ruins of ancient civilizations, but only few hunters finds courage to go that far.

Spoiler: People (by Shnur)
    Show

Population of Scla´ca consist almost only of lizardfolk. There are few human merchants in the north which buy tropical wood and gold, but they are not very significant. Scla´ca people are divided in many tribes and were united under one flag only few years ago. Main power in Scla´ca holds ruler, but most of decisions are made by meeting of tribe leaders. Scla´ca holds together only thanks to strong leader and is in permanent danger of dissolving.

Appearance: Due to hard environment, Scla´ca people are well-built and agile. Body of all lizardfolk is covered by scales. Most of them has dark green scales, sometimes with brown spots or strips. This colour provide them great camouflage in forest. Leaders of tribes have more noticeable colouration, usually orange or red stripes.

Scla´ca lizardfolk are usually 180 centimeters high, with no difference between male and female. They have very long hands and legs and excel in running and climbing.

Scla´ca lizardfolk prefere wearing just a little clothes, most of them made by skin of animals from Deep Forest. Tribe leaders wear usually clothes decorated by feathers of tropical birds.

Scla´ca lizardfolk don´t have any hair and are cold-blooded.

Scla´ca lizardfolk reach maturity usually in 10 years and rarely live more than 50 years. Thanks to using of medical herbs, shamans can live much longer, but rarely reach 80 years.

Culture: Culture of Scla´ca is various, depends on each tribe. All tribes have shamanistic religion, they worship nature, soil and sky. Religion isn´t centralized, but shares similar legends and customs. All lizardfolk worship The Sky Stone and often visit it.

There are various rituals, shamans use herbs from Deep Forest to get into trance. They have visions in such trance and some says that they can see future. These rituals are kept in secret, but shamans are willing to sell herbs even to foreigners.

Dealing with Scla´ca lizardfolk is very difficult, because they tend to be very impuslive. They also usually pretend to be simpleminded, mainly if they talk to foreigners.

Combat techniques of Scla´ca lizardfolk are pretty simple. They use mainly spears, sometimes with shield. Few of them also uses bows, usually along with strong poisons. They usually wears hide armor, but some also fights without any armor. As battle tactics they prefere ambush enemy, rather than straight confrontation.

Lizardfolk possess only little property, so heritage is usually solved by shamans or tribe leaders. Property is usually divided equally to all relatives.
    In case of tribe leaders there is different tradition. All children have roght to take part in ritual of heritage. Who refuse to take part, loses right to heritage. Ritual of heritage is basically fight to death, until only one heir remains. Is pretty common that only strongest child is willing to participate, but in some cases almost whole family dies in this ritual. This ritual should ensure, that only most capable will lead tribe.

Spoiler: Resources (by Shnur)
    Show
    Exports:
    Tropical wood (good)
    Gold (good)
    Herbs (medical, poisonous etc.) (good)

Imports
    Stone (required)
    Iron (desired)

Most of riches of Scla´ca comes from Deep Forest. This large rainforest provides us with wood of tropical trees in very good quality. Also many obscure herbs are gathered by our shamans, which mix them into various alchemical potions or trade them to foreigners. Our last treasure comes from mountains in the west. Western mountains posses great deposits of gold, which is used on ritual items or for trade.
    Unfortunately, there is lack of high-quality stone in the land of Scla´ca. There is also great desire for iron, which would improve our military and agricultural.

Spoiler: Religion (by Shnur)
    Show
    Religion of Scla´ca is mainly animistic, we worship nature, sky and land. Our religion isn´t organized, every tribe has its own independent shamans. However legends, traditions and rituals are more or less same in every tribe. Rituals of Scla´ca are various, but most important is ritual of The Sky Stone. Every year, after end of rainy season all shamans and tribe leaders meet at The Sky Stone, where they consume various herbs and usually have visions, in which they speak with spirits of nature. Scla´ca shamans are very skillful in dealing with herbs from Deep forest.

There are some rumors, that new ruler of Scla´ca wants introduce more organized form of religion, in order to consolidate still unstable Scla´ca.

Arix'La (42) Region Details

Population: 57,000

Show
    Much of Arix'La contains steep foothills that encompasses it on almost all sides. The flat terrain is dominated by the Quin'lo river valley, formed by a river emanating from the Grand Marsh to the South. At the heart of the valley there is a plateau dwarfed by the cliff-face on top of which rests a Stonehenge-Ish monument of Limestone dubbed the High-Stone Circles.

Show
    Arix'La is composed of 'type C' lizardfolk. For full details, see the Scla'ca description.

Show
    Arix'La is home to massive limestone deposits. The primary river valley contains a massive terrace farming community that produces rice.

Spoiler: Religion
    Show
    Due to past Scla'can involvement, there is a minority of Cult of the Sky worshippers in the south. Constant raids by Heartigan the Cardigan (past region 43) have caused the north to turn away from religious affairs.
    Last edited by moossabi; 2014-06-11 at 09:40 PM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

Quote Originally Posted by moossabi View Post
    *Snip*
    We demand compensation, regulation and damnat....no wait, the first two will do just fine.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Moossabi. Tekorva has an abundance of stone if you're interested...
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Moossabi thus returns as per our discussion about it, having taken a different region now instead: region 29.

As such, the map will now be updated, along with a few other, smaller additions.

Hope the territorial water's dotted lines don't make it look too ugly.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

Territorial waters look fine. Now though, I am ever more curious as to what is over the mountains on the Western edge of the map. Hopefully a wide land my armies peaceful settlers can seize settle on.
    As to the Blazing Avatar's Temple, we should go over and burn it down! We can use unpaid property taxes to Lyradis, Guilder and the Heartwaste as our excuse.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

6. - Top - End - #366

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    As to the Blazing Avatar's Temple, we should go over and burn it down!.
    I sense an immediate problem with this.

He's made of fire.
    I'm also on the Bay12 Games forums under the same username.

The awesome Ceika made both my avatars! All hail!
    Spoiler: Former avatar
    Show

Currently playing the parched and honourable Rabhid Dynasty in Empire2!

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    "Supreme God-Clerk."

*snicker*

That would actually fit amazingly into a Heavenly Bureaucracy kind of thing.
    Well, what do you think the Lawful-Neutral plane is?

"No, it doesn't matter if your intentions are good and your are trying to save your planet. You still forgot to fill out for 4876-A-blue, and you used version 22 of form 8572-V-yellow, so you will have to redo them and go to the back of the line."
    "And remember, your prayer is important to us. It will be answered in the order in which it is recieved."

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    "Supreme God-Clerk."

*snicker*

That would actually fit amazingly into a Heavenly Bureaucracy kind of thing.
    I was very busy today, so I didn't really see this. I feel afraid that Elemental has been named Supreme God-Clerk here. You guys have no idea!

How many Sky Gods do you think will be vying for a spot in the Empire! pantheon? The Sky seems really popular so far to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Territorial waters look fine. Now though, I am ever more curious as to what is over the mountains on the Western edge of the map. Hopefully a wide land my armies peaceful settlers can seize settle on.
    Silly Ashenites, travelling north first.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbit View Post
    I sense an immediate problem with this.

He's made of fire.
    His temple isn't!

9. - Top - End - #369
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by moossabi View Post
    I'm baaaaaack...
    Welcome, my lizardfolk brother. I'm glad to see another lizardfolk nation. Now, we only have to unite and Lizardfolk will rule the world.
    Btw: I have send expedition to your land, so treat them well. (It's probably late to change it to diplomatic mission.)

10. - Top - End - #370

Quote Originally Posted by Shnur View Post
    Welcome, my lizardfolk brother. I'm glad to see another lizardfolk nation. Now, we only have to unite and Lizardfolk will rule the world.
    Btw: I have send expedition to your land, so treat them well. (It's probably late to change it to diplomatic mission.)
    Actually, it's not too late at all- we have two more days in the turn, after all.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Can Eyrecradia come over?
    We'll trade mushrooms for alcohol!
    Whoops! Just noticed this. Hahaha, that would be an epic trade, but my wine is all tied up at the moment. I don't suppose you need any stone? Also, I won't be able to trade this turn unless you come to the games... All tied up!
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

As an unofficial [aka state unsanctioned] action, Joans' twin girls have snuck off on a merchant ship to the continent.

They are headed for the Raaneki Games. The Spirits help that poor country.

Pirate Girls Gone Wild!!!!

13. - Top - End - #373

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    Whoops! Just noticed this. Hahaha, that would be an epic trade, but my wine is all tied up at the moment. I don't suppose you need any stone? Also, I won't be able to trade this turn unless you come to the games... All tied up!
    Psst... I think Ark was joking...

14. - Top - End - #374

Good thing next turn's today or tomorrow, I think!
    And no. Eyrecradia's underground, remember?
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-02-14 at 09:15 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been keeping track and it's usually in ~48 hours time (but don't quote me on it). There's all of Saturday and most of Sunday to do things my timezone. I'm... not sure about anywhere further away from Australasia though.

C'nor has to do awesome things by then too!

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm sorry I've been so short in my RP posts...it's been a busy...snowy...crazy week. I don't know if I'll be able to get out a lot of fluff, but I'd like to at least get the cooronation of the new ruler under my belt.

Ashenians, I know your prince is now a king, but he is not the ruling monarch, so remember this. Even if she dies, it would go to one of her brothers, before him, or their child, if they're of age.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    As an unofficial [aka state unsanctioned] action, Joans' twin girls have snuck off on a merchant ship to the continent.

They are headed for the Raaneki Games. The Spirits help that poor country.

Pirate Girls Gone Wild!!!!
    Awesome! ...If I'm reading your OP correctly, your twin girls will be 7 in year 347, is that right?

Yeah... I know, I just didn't have anything else to barter with.
    Last edited by Zap Dynamic; 2014-02-14 at 10:09 AM.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Awesome! ...If I'm reading your OP correctly, your twin girls will be 7 in year 347, is that right?
    I 'll have to check. They were 6 at the start of round 2, when my land was introduced. I think that was 335. So they should be 17 or 18 in 347.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

I 'll have to check. They were 6 at the start of round 2, when my land was introduced. I think that was 335. So they should be 17 or 18 in 347.
    Gotcha!

In related news... anyone have a daughter between the ages of 10-15 this round? My prince is looking for a wife. I won't be able to make the marriage happen until next turn, but I'm thinking ahead.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Gotcha!

In related news... anyone have a daughter between the ages of 10-15 this round? My prince is looking for a wife. I won't be able to make the marriage happen until next turn, but I'm thinking ahead.
    Maybe he likes older women?

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

Not to be a pest or cause anyone problems, but I did notice that Crima and Raaneka traded for horses?

I thought trade across multiple country boundaries was out. Did I miss a ruling change?

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe he likes older women?
    Oh, I'd say he doesn't give much notice to age... or gender, really, but finding a wife will be more productive at all those Raaneki "Let's Make an Heir" parties.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Gotcha!

The King of Celero has a niece about that age.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

Not to be a pest or cause anyone problems, but I did notice that Crima and Raaneka traded for horses?

I thought trade across multiple country boundaries was out. Did I miss a ruling change?
    You can trade across multiple boundries so long as you have allies or they have allies acrossed the countries between the two. I presume intercepting or blocking trade might need an action to stop, but I'm not exactly sure about this, and might need a ruling from Morph on. If this were the case, trade might go through this round, but unless the nations involved made some sort of action to ensure free movement of trade, there's the potential of it being snagged by one of those nations next round (or this one if someone made it their action). It's a little complicated, but I think that made sense.

Further, if you look at post for Crima in my Trade & Resources post, it currently has no horses to trade, as they are trading their horses to the other three within the union as of this point. I believe they'll be changing this next round.

Of course, stopping trade to a country while it being an action doesn't have to be confirmed by the other country, I'd say. It would just be a breach of the alliance. And if both nations are okay with breaching it since it's repetative, (and there is no new resource being traded between them) then they could trade them if they wished, but they'll need to dictate this, and then renegotiate terms of the Union to show this or something.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    You can trade across multiple boundries so long as you have allies or they have allies acrossed the countries between the two. I presume intercepting or blocking trade might need an action to stop, but I'm not exactly sure about this, and might need a ruling from Morph on. If this were the case, trade might go through this round, but unless the nations involved made some sort of action to ensure free movement of trade, there's the potential of it being snagged by one of those nations next round (or this one if someone made it their action). It's a little complicated, but I think that made sense.

Further, if you look at post for Crima in my Trade & Resources post, it currently has no horses to trade, as they are trading their horses to the other three within the union as of this point. I believe they'll be changing this next round.

Of course, stopping trade to a country while it being an action doesn't have to be confirmed by the other country, I'd say. It would just be a breach of the alliance. And if both nations are okay with breaching it since it's repetative, (and there is no new resource being traded between them) then they could trade them if they wished, but they'll need to dictate this, and then renegotiate terms of the Union to show this or something.
    Raaneka has no relations with any nations in between them and Crima, though we're not explicitly enemies with any of them either. Here was my reasoning:

1. Crima attends the Raaneki Games, makes trade deal with Raaneka while there.
    2. This trade wouldn't begin until the next round, so Crima has time to cancel a horse trade with someone else (I may be misunderstanding trade rules at this point).
    3. Deal is off with no hurt feelings if Crima doesn't cancel another trade deal.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

26. - Top - End - #386

@it_murgen- Is that "loudmouthed chick on her painted horse" Cassandra, by any chance?

On a related note, Cassandra is about that age, Zap, and by the way she's been RPed I'd be happy to get her out of my hair. Actually, she's already there, Lady Pauline has a (relatively) direct way of contact to Lord David, and with Cassandra, this may be the best punishment!

EDIT: Oh, and I think the Union is planning a Central Sea Conference. So anyone with a port on the central sea is invited ,plus myself and Elemental, plus Zap, so Blade can roll his and Zap's trade together. Hosted in Ryazan Bay, Cree. It_murgen, have you received a revised version of what you and Elemental discussed?
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-02-14 at 01:41 PM.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hrathan-Tuor is a dynastic ally of Ashenia and thus by extension is semi-obligated to allow UN trade through its ports. They can block it if they really want to, but they have no good reason to stop the flow of Crimar goods as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    You know, Ashenia and Crima are trading horses. Not mutually sacrificing entire herds of them in a bloody demonic rite to usher in the ascension of Bar'Terr the Gluttonous.

To put it in less sardonic terms, if Alice has 25 horses and Bob has 25 horses, and they each decide to trade 10 of their horses for 10 of the other's horses, Alice and Bob still have 25 horses each. By comparison, in the rules interpretation being used here, both sets of ten horses disappear into the yawning void and Alice and Bob both are stuck with their other 15 horses, wondering what just happened.

We mostly left the trade in with the understanding that we could change it later if we had to and that it would be interesting from a fluff/worldbuilding perspective to exchange stock for the sake of proper animal husbandry without risking inbreeding. It's a little bit weird that a normal, realistic practice somehow leaves us both with a trade disadvantage.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-02-14 at 01:43 PM.

28. - Top - End - #388

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Hrathan-Tuor is a dynastic ally of Ashenia and thus by extension is semi-obligated to allow UN trade through its ports. They can block it if they really want to, but they have no good reason to stop the flow of Crimar goods as far as I know.
    Really? Then, Ark and C'nor, what I PMed you guys about will occur next turn. Very sorry it can't come about this turn, but Diplomacy is really convoluted right now.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post

You know, Ashenia and Crima are trading horses. Not mutually sacrificing entire herds of them in a bloody demonic rite to usher in the ascension of Bar'Terr the Gluttonous.

To put it in less sardonic terms, if Alice has 25 horses and Bob has 25 horses, and they each decide to trade 10 of their horses for 10 of the other's horses, Alice and Bob still have 25 horses each. By comparison, in the rules interpretation being used here, both sets of ten horses disappear into the yawning void and Alice and Bob both are stuck with their other 15 horses, wondering what just happened.

We mostly left the trade in with the understanding that we could change it later if we had to and that it would be interesting from a fluff/worldbuilding perspective to exchange stock for the sake of proper animal husbandry without risking inbreeding. It's a little bit weird that a normal, realistic practice somehow leaves us both with a trade disadvantage.

Yes, but you can't send out trades you recieve, the way you might in real life. The rules don't always reflect how things might be realistically, its more of a simplistic thing. So, yes, you both have horses. Yes you both are moving horses between the two of you. Think of it as this - I tell my horses to go this way every round, no matter what. They do that. To change that, you must take action tell them to go somewhere else, AND tell ashenia they aren't getting their crossbreeding shipment this round.

You left it in, and it did get you extra fluff - and you can change it later. That's what I'm currently telling you - you'll NEED to change it in order to have it available, whether this turn or next. You don't need an action to change it AND an action to send the horses to Zap, though. You just need to have the nations involved take an action to stop the exchange and start it elsewhere.

However, right now, you're free to alter the terms of your agreement, but changing your agreement at some point must be stated per an action. The horses aren't disappearing, they're committing actions.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

Central Sea Conference? The sea I have a border with? When is this happening?

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin