Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1493

Thread: Skyside 4

1. - Top - End - #1411
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Skyside 4

[Attila's Cantina]

"Huh, I thought at least some of the parts would have been local. Interesting. I think perhaps a look at the report might tell us where to go next, then." Electra gestures at Kirk for the datachip, since at this point, Eskr is probably not going to be able to spill much more in the double speak they've been using, at least, not without one of them knowing what Eskr put in the report. She, at least, can read it on the spot without the chance of someone else catching it on a hidden camera.
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2017-09-24 at 08:17 PM.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Different, Deserted Alleyway

The sabre resting in the abandoned van is still here, and still emitting a magical lure to attract the ambitious and power-hungry.
    Really? No one's come to claim it? Where are the aspiring villains? The scheming nobles looking for an edge? The costumed heroes wanting to be stronger? The city really has gone downhill.

Seems like it does fall to them.
    Nai #17, clone-soldier of House Tor, hand of the Seven, glides into the alley on a pair of hoverskates.
    Yep, this is where the signal is coming from - is that van still running?

Braking to a halt by the back doors, she checks to be sure that the alley is really as empty as it appears. They do have enemies who would try something as silly as this. But when the place really does prove to be empty, she extends a hand towards the sword and it's scabbard - "come here" - and pulls it over with a thought (this is their kingdom, such tricks are easy with help on every side - right?).
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ogre in the Playground

[Attila's Cantina]

Yes, the double speak communication is quickly going from plausible to strange sounding. Kirk glances at Electra, raises and eyebrow, but hands the chip over nonetheless. Clearly he's missing something.

4. - Top - End - #1414

Alley Roof

"Not yet." Arkant answers. "I'm a bit curiouse what will mature out of it. Those creatures are quiet intressting. I haven't seen anything alike."

He will then take a vial out of his robe and try to get some goo in it.

"Do you have some insight abilities?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Orc in the Playground

Sword Alleyway

The van is, indeed, still running, though it's beginning to cough and splutter as it runs low on fuel; it's been here, idling, for too long.

The alleyway does appear empty, though given sufficient technology or magic, something could easily be hiding; it's quite dark and dismal, and anything could be an illusion or hologram, and I don't know if Nai #17 has any unusual senses. So I'll work on the assumption she doesn't, because then I don't give away anything for no reason, if there's anything to give away.

What doesn't work, though, is trying to move the sabre by simply thinking at it. The sabre doesn't move, not even a wiggle.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #1416

Default [Sword Alley]

While leaving it open that there could be something unusual here.

No, no unusual senses.
    "So there's more magic to you than a call."
    She smiles at the sword when it stay stubbornly in place, and climbs into the back of the van, reaching over to grab the weapon with an actual hand. Her own left hand, to be specific.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #1417

NinjaGuy

[Attila's Cantina]

"Thanks."

Electra smiles, taking the chip, as a small, hidden port on her left auditory sensor slides open. She flicks her hair to one side and slides the chip into the port, which closes after she inserts it, leaving no trace of the opening on the smooth surface. Her irises glow for a split second, then fade, and she begins opening the files contained on the chip, reading through them as quickly as she can on her internal HUD. Hopefully they shed some more light on what Eskr actually found and will give her a direction to steer the conversation in so it will start making more sense.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Alley Roof

"Not yet." Arkant answers. "I'm a bit curiouse what will mature out of it. Those creatures are quiet intressting. I haven't seen anything alike."

He will then take a vial out of his robe and try to get some goo in it.

"Do you have some insight abilities?"
    I got a Tau Microscope on me, retorts Jonas. He then takes it out, and starts to examine the pod.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Orc in the Playground

Alley Roof

A T'au microscope! It reveals that... I don't know what it's supposed to find out. The goop is the same colour and consistency to the stuff they took from the maggots earlier. But a finger could discover that. The pod excretes the stuff, and appears to be a very similar colour underneath, so details are hard to determine. The pod's outer casing also blocks most common radioactive wavelengths- alpha, beta, gamma, x-rays, and so on (and yes, I am aware two of those are particles, not wavelengths).

Sword Alley, Not Roof Alley

Well, yes.

The sabre broadcasts an image into Nai #17's mind. It shows all the bodies of Atorre (unless I'm mistaking Nai #17's origin) kneeling before her, amongst others, whilst she sits on a throne, smiling down at them, the sabre on her lap. Notably, it's broadcast into Nai #17's mind alone, and if anybody is looking in from elsewhere, they won't see it- it's even hidden in her memories, so a mind-probe to view those will have difficulty discovering it.

If Nai recoils in shock and finds the idea repulsive, she cannot move the sword; likewise if the image fails to breech Nai's mental defences (though there, she'll know she might be able to move it if she let the sword in). If the idea interests her, and she'd like to know more, then she can pull the sword from the van.

10. - Top - End - #1420

Default [Unroofed Alley]

No mistake there.

Nai #17 holds onto the sword a while, not trying to pull it forth, not letting go. She isn't recoiling, isn't exactly repelled by what she sees. There are things that do that: when they realized how much Krystal's empire had lost by wiping out a whole species without thinking it through, when that one assassin had assumed those unspeakable things that she had assumed, when they got a clear view of Inari's Heaven.

But the image that pops into her head, that merely produces confusion.
    "I don't think you're doing this 'tempting' thing quite right. That would be kind of cutting off my nose to spite my face."
    Part of her mind is racing into corners and mazes, what would it even mean to rule over her other bodies? It must be a simple error, right? Should her right hand dream of overthrowing the left? Or is this supposed to be like when the original, (#0 perhaps, though this was before they even had numbers) had indulged that second repellent idea, had found something more important than being themself? Now, having imagined that, her skin crawls and she finds the blade firmly fixed in place.
    "That doesn't even make sense! Ambition should be to achieve something you actually want, right?"
    Perhaps they are just unsuited to this, lacking some certain type of selfishness that the sabre wants. But it feels a lot like it's judging Atorre not to be ambitious enough, and how dare it?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Orc in the Playground

Sword Alley

Alternately, the sword prefers personal ambition, rather than collective ambition, and doesn't quite know how to work with a hive mind entity like Atorre.

It doesn't reply, however, and the magical lure for the ambitious and power-hungry remains, casting its siren call across Skyside and beyond.

12. - Top - End - #1422

Hmm. Awful thing.

Now, do they know anyone who's ambitious (yes, tons), could make use of a magic sword (not so many), is expendable if things go wrong (exactly as many as before they applied this test) and is available to get the thing (maybe...maybe not)?
    Nai #17 lets go of the sword and goes to hop out of the van. It could be that there's nothing to do but keep an eye out to see who else answers the call. They'll keep thinking to see if they know a good sabre-wielder.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ogre in the Playground

[Attila's Cantina]

What Eskr found is that the cult was incredibly difficult to find solid information about.
    They formed very recently, all from out-of-towners of elven and orcish descent. For these reasons, almost all the locals vehemently distrusted them. Some said they were just another cult, others accused them of stealing and murdering children. Some claimed they wished to replace them all with snake people, or to curse them all. Not much was consistent or reliable, except that they were all strangers with a thing for snakes, and there was clearly some real magic at work. Eskr had considered trying to use her mysticism for a glance at what happened in the past., but had thought it too risky, lest she tap into the wrong moment and expose her mind directly to a gorgon's gaze.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

14. - Top - End - #1424

NinjaGuy

[Attila's Cantina]

Electra frowns just slightly after a moment, and nods.

"Hmmm. Well, this answers some questions, and leads to a lot of others. Do you think any of the local scrapyards or scavengers might be able to help us find these parts, or perhaps ones that will fit? I'd hate to have to rebuild the whole thing from scratch." Hopefully that's clear enough that Eskr gets her meaning, asking if any of the local law enforcement or vigilante groups might have any leads on the cult's members. It's clear the bug did her(?) level best to investigate, but it sounds like the group wasn't well liked enough to have developed many relationships before KABAL showed up and started slaughtering them.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ogre in the Playground

[Attila's Cantina]

Hm, this doesn't sound very promising. At least, that's the impression Kirk is getting. Sounds like they're going to have to dig. For now he'll wait for Electra to ask her questions. She can fill him in on the info he's missing after.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ogre in the Playground

[Attila's Cantina]

Eskr shakes her head, and waves a hand, muffling all sound they make past five feet in a bubble.
    "I just can't keep that up. Anyway, there's one survivor in Vigil, and everyone else is in KABAL hands. If you need to find people, you're gonna have to go back to them. You might be able to find some kids tossed into adoption places or people sold off as slaves. But no one's just walking free anymore."

17. - Top - End - #1427

NinjaGuy

[Attila's Cantina]

Electra raises an eyebrow at the handwave and Eskr's sudden shift out of the doublespeak, but simply nods. This will make the conversation much easier now, especially the questions she has that aren't directly related to the incident.

"I didn't expect them to be walking free, though the fact that one of them is currently in custody with VIGIL is interesting, and possibly helpful. My thought had been that if we could either talk to, or even find, one of the cult's members, we might gain some insight into how they did what they did and what actually happened, since the reports all seem to conflict with each other. The fact that they're all of elvish or orcish descent seems odd to me; did you happen to run across anything that suggested why they might all be of that lineage?" I'm also curious just how involved VIGIL was in the incident; obviously they were there, but why? Any ideas?"

18. - Top - End - #1428

[Skyside - Streets]

As both MERC and VIGIL are launching their investigations into Skyside, it appears that KABAL have made their own move in the introduction of the new drug Echo. It has quickly gained popularity due to its almost non-existent side effects yet still undeniable addiction. Some doctors are even recommending Echo to treat the addiction of drugs with far more dangerous side effects.
    This only seems to encourage KABAL who are hauling out echo in masses.

However, no one appears to know how this drug is produced as it suddenly just came out to the market without warning. In addition, no one has so far been able to properly analyze the drug as it is rumored to be protected by some kind of magic that according to KABAL protects their copy right of it. It is either that or the fact that KABAL have taken down anyone who tries to sell the drug without their permission or knowledge.

Whatever the case, Echo is spreading like wildfire on the streets of skyside.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

[Attila's Cantina]

"Vigil is more likely to cooperate with us than anyone. At least, I think so. Unless I missed some past grievance." Some grudges run deep between organizations, and Kirk hasn't tried to keep up with them. "I have no idea how they managed to get tied up in this. I'm fairly certain they don't have anything going on in the city. Maybe the escapee went to them on their own. As for the rest, you know what Kabal has them holed up?"

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ogre in the Playground

[Attila's Cantina]

"If there's a reason for the race thing, it might just be that they're all from the same general place. If I had to guess, Vigil was there pulling some heroics. That's generally what they're good for." Eskr suggests.

21. - Top - End - #1431

NinjaGuy

[Attila's Cantina]

Electra nods. This is beginning to sound more and more speculative on Eskr's part, but it sounds like they need to either talk to the VIGIL folks involved, or "rescue" some captives from KABAL. She raises an eyebrow at Kirk inquisitively, curious if he might be up for something of a fight.

"Hmmm, VIGIL might be an angle that the boss can help work for us while we see about KABAL. Any idea where they might be holding the survivors?"
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2017-10-11 at 09:46 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1432

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Alley Roof

A T'au microscope! It reveals that... I don't know what it's supposed to find out. The goop is the same colour and consistency to the stuff they took from the maggots earlier. But a finger could discover that. The pod excretes the stuff, and appears to be a very similar colour underneath, so details are hard to determine. The pod's outer casing also blocks most common radioactive wavelengths- alpha, beta, gamma, x-rays, and so on (and yes, I am aware two of those are particles, not wavelengths).

Sword Alley, Not Roof Alley

Well, yes.

The sabre broadcasts an image into Nai #17's mind. It shows all the bodies of Atorre (unless I'm mistaking Nai #17's origin) kneeling before her, amongst others, whilst she sits on a throne, smiling down at them, the sabre on her lap. Notably, it's broadcast into Nai #17's mind alone, and if anybody is looking in from elsewhere, they won't see it- it's even hidden in her memories, so a mind-probe to view those will have difficulty discovering it.

If Nai recoils in shock and finds the idea repulsive, she cannot move the sword; likewise if the image fails to breech Nai's mental defences (though there, she'll know she might be able to move it if she let the sword in). If the idea interests her, and she'd like to know more, then she can pull the sword from the van.
    Alley Roof

"I guess we have to cut it to get a look inside."
    Arkant says and overs Jonas the first cut. Mostly because he is better suited if anything jumps out.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ogre in the Playground

[Attila's Cantina]

A somewhat predatory smile crosses Kirk's face. "Kabal's our problem anyway. Wouldn't hurt to poke around their turf."

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

[Attila's Cantina]

"I can try to divine something for you, but your best bet is to track down their hideouts in Skyside. They probably have a warehouse or an office building they're secretly holed up in. I mean, they have a base, but that seems....too obvious?" Eskr suggests.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-10-14 at 04:34 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1435

NinjaGuy

[Attila's Cantina]

"Their base is probably going to be too well-defended for us to be able to do much. If you could find out where some of their safehouses are, those might be a good window into their operations here, though we might not find the people we're looking for," Electra muses. "Gotta start somewhere at least."

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

[Attila's Cantina]

"I don't think we need to find anyone too special. Had to be some grunt work that went into this. Always is. Someone will talk."

27. - Top - End - #1437

[Deserted Alleyway]

Arkant is taking a walk around in the city, from time to time you have to appear as a normal man so your worker have someone to look up at. As he get's close to the alley, he notice something. Something like a call.

"Wait here." he tells his bodyguard, a tall and extremly muscular guy With a gas mask. He then goes futher into the alley, allways looking out for any close enmies.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Attila's Cantina]

"I don't think we need to find anyone too special. Had to be some grunt work that went into this. Always is. Someone will talk."
    Just then a rather tall woman walks into the bar, and sits down with an older gentlemen. "Well?" The man smiles, then slides over an envelope, with the name Jaine written on it in a large curving script. Her hand snakes forward, smoothly, and takes the envelope. She then slides a small golden ring over to him. "We're even now? THat more then makes up for everything?"
    Last edited by Westhart; 2017-10-19 at 09:43 AM.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ogre in the Playground

Eskr's sound-bubble leaves her quite oblivious to outside noise. If the others notice the other table's conversation, that's up to them.
    "Well, if you want to find a member out on the street and pressure them, be my guest. It might be cleaner than me poking my antennae around. I hear they have quite the [she snickers] cabal of warlocks in their ranks."

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The old man leaves Jaine's table, and she takes out a notebook, her pencil quickly moving back and forth. She moves to the bar, looking for a menu of drinks, at least that's the image she puts off.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.