New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

My approach is to go into a relatively cheap shop, find whatever I need (usually jeans, black formal trousers, dark long-sleeved shirts, t-shirts or jumpers), and get ones which fit as soon as possible. Shoe shopping is annoying as well (my foot size varies from 8 to 12 depending on the shoes which I'm trying on). This is why having a fur coat would be really useful (assuming I didn't have to moult in the summer).
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118

Hehe, I'm a willing but quick shopper, I tend to know what I want when I go out, and just go to the place I need to and get it. I'm fussier about shoes than anything else, it usually takes me ages to find anything I like, then I go and buy some Converse like I always do anyway...

My latest aquisition was a blue tshirt with four blobby monsters on it, recreating the cover of a famous Beatles album. I'm a sucker for funny tshirts.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground

my personal theroy is to aquire as many "free" T-Shirts as possible.
    as in "Buy Half-Life 2 get a free T-Shirt" & "buy a Garmin GPS & get a free T-Shirt"

jeans are more difficult to get for free though
    Last edited by Archonic Energy; 2009-04-09 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Typo... heh!
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

...I happen to actually like clothes shopping.
    Jeans + button down + sports coat for me.
    This avatar by Phase.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Firbolg in the Playground

Clothes shopping: my one true weakness. Hate doing it. Won't do it unless I absolutely have to. Especially since the past few seasons apparently men's fashion has revolved around looking like Al Borlin from Home Improvement...

...or a damn suit. Seems I've got two choices: Carpenter or Penguin.

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    What do you guys think?
    That it's an artistic comment on the reality that the peace enjoyed by everyone is only bought at the expense of human life and violence and that true peace is an illusion as as we speak war and violence take their toll in place we either cannot see or are willfully blind to.

...or some smart-ass art-type thought it would be cool to make a peace sign out of guns.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    ...or some smart-ass art-type thought it would be cool to make a peace sign out of guns.
    This one probably.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

...I happen to actually like clothes shopping.
    Yeah, same here, assuming I have money... though I just like to get bright, blank clothes, rather than flashy, brandy stuff, or just... stuff with words on it, that don't actually MEAN anything I like to just buy blank shirts and use some fabric paint on them, or just leave them.

Making - or altering - clothes is fun, though
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Yeah, same here, assuming I have money... though I just like to get bright, blank clothes, rather than flashy, brandy stuff, or just... stuff with words on it, that don't actually MEAN anything I like to just buy blank shirts and use some fabric paint on them, or just leave them.

Making - or altering - clothes is fun, though
    Word shirts. Yeah. Not a fan either.
    I think I saw one the other day that said... Oh well, I can't remember, but it was nonsensical to the point it was funny. So just imagine something so nonsensical it's funny.
    This avatar by Phase.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I, being the idiot I am, have just realised that the peace sign in my signature is made up of guns. Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to ditch it. The message from the artist, as far as I can see, can be that peace can only be obtained through violence, or that peace requires one to throw down their weapons.

I mean, I like to imagine now that it's a picture of a garbage pile where people are throwing away their weapons, and that it makes a peace sign.

What do you guys think?
    Guns are fun. They make killing delicious large land mammals much easier.

Or maybe it's saying that the ability to say 'give peace a chance' is dependent upon violence in the past that allowed for the ability & freedom to think and say it.

Or maybe that peace is an illusion built against a backdrop of death and war.

Who can stay? It's one of those subjective thingies, and we can think of many ways to read it. But then, I"m a loony, so there ya go.

...What's an Op-Shop? Australian term for second-hand clothing store?

Edit: ....Macaronia and cheese at 5 AM is actually surprisingly good.

In other news... 9:45 AM... almost 7 hours to go, and then I can go to sleep. Well, maybe I'll try to last until 4 PM before I pass out.

What do you all think? I'm currently staying up all night and into the afternoon and then going to bed then in the hopes that I will then wake up at a half decent hour. What with having gotten a very...very bad sleep cycle.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-04-09 at 08:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Banned

There's a slash in the sleeve of my faux-leather jacket and I have no idea how to repair it. I can see into the seamlines now and confirm that there's no point at which faux is stitched to faux without some support from the lining fabric. Even if I did slip a patch underneath, the slash would still be visible and not waterproof. . .

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    There's a slash in the sleeve of my faux-leather jacket and I have no idea how to repair it. I can see into the seamlines now and confirm that there's no point at which faux is stitched to faux without some support from the lining fabric. Even if I did slip a patch underneath, the slash would still be visible and not waterproof. . .
    I had a bolt from a desk tear part of my leather jacket. Being the resourceful college student I am, I used some superglue.

Sure it's still visible (if you happen to be looking at the bottom of my jacket right above my butt), but it is waterproof.

I'd say glue it and leave the slash there...it adds character.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ettin in the Playground

Word shirts. Yeah. Not a fan either.
    I think I saw one the other day that said... Oh well, I can't remember, but it was nonsensical to the point it was funny. So just imagine something so nonsensical it's funny.
    I don't like textually marked clothing that much, either. Especially not the girls' kind, which seems to exist to make them look slutty. However, thought I know you're not a big xkcd fan, I do like this one....

13. - Top - End - #1453

NecromancerGuy

Indeed, it takes some effort to find non-slutty girls anything. Kind of perturbing actually. And then act sexually abused to be asked why the hell they're running around in -3 degree weather wearing less clothing on their lower bodies than I wear as underwear.

Verily, females are confuzzling. Even more so though, are female clothing designers.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Indeed, it takes some effort to find non-slutty girls anything. Kind of perturbing actually. And then act sexually abused to be asked why the hell they're running around in -3 degree weather wearing less clothing on their lower bodies than I wear as underwear.

Verily, females are confuzzling. Even more so though, are female clothing designers.
    Very true. I always laugh (not so) quietly to myself when I see girls running around in December with a parka, short shorts, and either ugg boots or flip flops. Then they complain about their legs being cold...what?

I mean, I've worn shorts and a t-shirt out in similar weather, but I don't walk a couple miles like that, nor do I complain about how cold out it is.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

>.>

I have never complained when girls dressed like that... cold weather or not...

Less is more, after all, right?

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    >.>

I have never complained when girls dressed like that... cold weather or not...

Less is more, after all, right?
    That's why you're the lecherous old man itP. (I kid.)

Fashion =/= aesthetics. Fashion doesn't make sense. It's not good or bad. It exists only now. So I just ignore it and wear whatever I want. And I still get compliments on my clothing choice, despite it looking really out of place.

Also, I cannot stand the sound of steel string electric instruments.
    Nickel all the way.
    This avatar by Phase.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ettin in the Playground

I never really liked people dressing like that to be honest (admittedly, I always wear jeans and leather shoes regardless of the weather, so I'm the opposite here).
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

That's why you're the lecherous old man itP. (I kid.)
    When YOU reach the age of 64, then you can talk...

I was gonna add that all parties involved here should be darn happy that they live in a climate where you can honestly get away with wearing such attire even in winter.

Fashion =/= aesthetics. Fashion doesn't make sense. It's not good or bad. It exists only now. So I just ignore it and wear whatever I want. And I still get compliments on my clothing choice, despite it looking really out of place.
    I've heard real togas were damned uncomfortable...
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2009-04-09 at 12:42 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

You've heard...? Why do I get the feeling that it's actually first hand knowledge?
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-04-09 at 12:45 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Barbarian in the Playground

... and for that reason, laws were passed requiring them to be worn.
    They call me fighter, They call me wizard,
    That's not my class! That's not my class!

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue! View Post
    He's the best commoner ever!

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

Randman, I did spend four and a half years in college.

Yes, I have been to a real toga party.

UnstattedCommoner, Silly laws making me wear clothing in public.

There is so much that can be shared during the warmer months.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Firbolg in the Playground

24. You're 24.

I know this math thing is difficult...

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    24. You're 24.

I know this math thing is difficult...
    I fooled you, I fooled you, I got Iron, I got all Pig-Iron...

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I wear that one sometimes.
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

25. - Top - End - #1465

NecromancerGuy

Unfortunately... Shirts alone have no power here.

They must be backed up with blood and bone. Ships and steel...
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, I'm not actually against shirts with words on them. I just don't like them when they don't make any sense. like "AMERICAN URBAN!" or just with brand names or some junk - it doesn't mean anything. I like to make up funny slogans and put them on shirts though.
    and Look both ways

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't think I have any clothing with slogans to be honest. If togas were uncomfortable, why did people wear them? (I'm guessing Unstatted Commoner was joking about the laws stating that people had to wear them.)
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, I'm not actually against shirts with words on them. I just don't like them when they don't make any sense. like "AMERICAN URBAN!" or just with brand names or some junk - it doesn't mean anything. I like to make up funny slogans and put them on shirts though.
    I won't even wear shirts that have meaningful text on them.
    I'm okay if there's a tiny little square of text above the breast if it just says the brand name or something, but I won't wear clothing that has more than that.
    This avatar by Phase.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Troll in the Playground

What if it said "Felix's Epic Roadtrip, Offical Tripper, 2010"?
    and Look both ways

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

What if it said "Felix's Epic Roadtrip, Offical Tripper, 2010"?
    That's the type I keep as a keepsake; I put shirts like those in my closet, but don't wear them.

*Has a ton of band shirts like that. *
    This avatar by Phase.