New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1442
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 14: Now a Family Business.

[Wenomir's Mind]

Should I talk to her perhaps? She must have some sort of reasoning after all. Personally I disagree with her about these changes however. I don't like the idea of arming civilians. Cessie replies.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Titan in the Playground

[On the Way Back]

Wenomir winces and nods to Darcy. Yeah, I'm talking to Cessie telepathically and she needs to know that... To Cessie, he thinks:
    Try to figure out what's her reasoning, yes. Then do what you think is right. I'm not good with politics. However, there's one important thing - Ilpholin is a demon now, and we found out she's the same kind of demon that had kidnapped Darcy and that we just finished putting down. We don't know what that means, yet... but it's troubling at best.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Troll in the Playground

On the Way Back

Darcy is doing all she can to hold it together, for the sake of the rescued prisoners. But she's crying on the inside. Poor Ilpholin.

On the way back, she'll stop to check on the gnoll woman that they rescued on the way to the gnoll city.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #1384

[Wenomir's Mind]

A demon? Again with the demons. That sounds does sound worrying. I'll probably should try to talk to her though before I make up my mind however. I'll contact you again if there is anything.

On the Way Back

As Darcy approaches the hut she can see a larger gnoll she haven't seen before standing just outside the hut, cutting up firewood on a large tree stump. As she approaches it starts sniffing in the air, possibly catching her scent.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Titan in the Playground

[On the Way Back]

Alright. Keep me posted. Wenomir out. Out loud, Wenomir says to Darcy: We'll need to figure out what to do about it. But not now, I think. I need to change into something not stained with demon blood and clean my armour.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Messiah View Post
    (Your assumptions were correct, sorry about not being clear perfectly clear)

"I have come to inquire about your need for medical staff. My name is Claude St.Aureon and I am well trained in both the scientific and mystical ways of healing and also have some other talents that may prove useful to an organization of your size and stature." Claude adjusts his glasses again and takes in a deep breath, "I apologize for battering you with information I am sure that you would perfer to talk about this in a more private location, if at all you want to discuss this matter." Claude stands looking up at the woman who he now realizes seems to be a trained professional and not some secretary.
    "We are somewhat short on medical staff." Especially considering that they're building a second medical building, but only have one doctor. A terrifying doctor who probably has some nefarious means of being in two locations (all the better to stalk you with, for how else is he going to carve out your organs and arrange them into little baggies, oh yes?), but still.
    "We can talk inside."
    KR attempts to lead the halfling into the Main Room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    On the Way Back

As Darcy approaches the hut she can see a larger gnoll she haven't seen before standing just outside the hut, cutting up firewood on a large tree stump. As she approaches it starts sniffing in the air, possibly catching her scent.
    I can't remember if Darcy got the gnoll's name or not. If so, she uses her name. Otherwise...

"I'm here to check on the lady who lives here, who was injured by demons," Darcy says, showing her open hands as a sign of peacefulness.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

[On the Way Back => Wenomir's Room]

Feeling quite disturbed by the new development and worrying about Ilpholin being compromised - it's possible that the sudden and unplanned bid for the rulership of Inside was caused by the demons' corruption - Wenomir returns to his room to change out of his armor. There he finds out that the demon blood and gore that splattered him while he was cutting them to ribbons is... gone. Looks like those demons work like the ones he knew back home, as they also evaporated after death. He still spends some time cleaning the armor, mostly to occupy his hands as he thinks.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    "We are somewhat short on medical staff." Especially considering that they're building a second medical building, but only have one doctor. A terrifying doctor who probably has some nefarious means of being in two locations (all the better to stalk you with, for how else is he going to carve out your organs and arrange them into little baggies, oh yes?), but still.
    "We can talk inside."
    KR attempts to lead the halfling into the Main Room.
    "Of course. Again I apologize for the battery of information, I am just used to people not expecting a halfling to be competent and experienced doctor. This is a welcome change however." Claude says as he follows closely behind, his eyes quickly scan the area and then come back to focus on KR. "Excuse me but I seem to have not gotten your name already?" Calude asks somewhat sheepsihly trying not to antagonize his possible employer.
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Training Ground]

My weapon of choice is the longsword, Wenomir explains. That is, a sword with a cruciform hilt and a double-edged blade from 1 to 1.2 meters in length. However, I can also teach you how to use a shorter sword paired with a shield. In a pinch, I also know about spears, but you'll be better off looking for someone else to teach you that. It's been a while since I actually fought with a spear. Can't say I know of any spear master, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Training Ground]

"I'll be covering the use of heavier weapons, such as greatswords, mauls, and even maces - generally, things that make use of your strength. I'll also get you to do some training with your natural weaponry, as well as a few stances and maneuvers that can help even when an enemy would normally have you outclassed, but they should be applicable to any weapon you pick up," Like Wenomir's speed. Harnel would have lost a lot faster the times that he's fought the demon hunter if not for those maneuvers.
    Training Ground

"As I stated before, I have many different forms. This one is just meant for scouting for the most part. Ranged combat as well. While I have the brute force needed in any of my forms, I lack the finesse. That said, one of my forms..."
    She gives a bit of a chuckle and a shake of her head. "I will not have one practice with you. It uses a mace that weighs nearly 400 pounds. That said, I hope your training can cross over to something with more than two legs. Will it?"

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Ground]

"The training I provide to you shouldn't be too much trouble to transfer over. most of what I'll be teaching you is mental preparations and knowledge of how to move effectively in a fight. Also, I'd certainly like to get a look at that body. A typical mace weighs, what, 6 pounds? It must be absolutely amazing, but I doubt it would be either quick or capable of much dexterity, comparatively."

"Anyways, the exercise I want to show you is called 'Diamond Mind' in my homeworld. Wenomir, I think you can potentially learn from this as well if you don't already have something similar"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course. Again I apologize for the battery of information, I am just used to people not expecting a halfling to be competent and experienced doctor. This is a welcome change however." Claude says as he follows closely behind, his eyes quickly scan the area and then come back to focus on KR. "Excuse me but I seem to have not gotten your name already?" Calude asks somewhat sheepsihly trying not to antagonize his possible employer.
    [Main Room]

It's just that. Both main, and a room. How unique!
    "Well, when you've seen our current doctor you'll see why hardly anything surprises me anymore." Murmurs KR. Their terrifying, terrifying doctor.
    *shudders*
    "I'm KR." She says, to answer Claude's question. Silly forgetting to introduce herself.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Ground]

Wenomir shrugs. Possibly. That depends on what it is. Go ahead and begin, I'll watch and prepare some of my stuff.

14. - Top - End - #1394

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    I can't remember if Darcy got the gnoll's name or not. If so, she uses her name. Otherwise...

"I'm here to check on the lady who lives here, who was injured by demons," Darcy says, showing her open hands as a sign of peacefulness.
    The gnoll stops dead in it's tracks and looks at Darcy suspiciously until she starts speaking. It returns her sign as it's eyes shine up once she reveals she saved the other gnoll. "You be nice lady who saved silverpawn? Me so happy you came along. She in bed now but I, brother, take care of her until she be better." It says with smile, it's ears lowering as a sign of subordinate.

"We don't have much but if you like anything as reward..." It glances at the hut, seemingly a bit embarrassed about it's state.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Troll in the Playground

Gnoll home

"My war with the demons is a matter of honour," Darcy says. "To accept reward for that would be wrong. I only want to make sure that Silverpawn is well."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ogre in the Playground

Courtyard

Assuming that Pat is given her blade back, she sheathes it. "How are we to begin?" She asks as her mandible shut once more over her mouth.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Room]

It's just that. Both main, and a room. How unique!
    "Well, when you've seen our current doctor you'll see why hardly anything surprises me anymore." Murmurs KR. Their terrifying, terrifying doctor.
    *shudders*
    "I'm KR." She says, to answer Claude's question. Silly forgetting to introduce herself.
    "Lovely to meet you then KR." Claude says with a small smile. "So this doctor is an excentric, I do hope that this will not come in the way of my work but if I must put up with them then I will." Claude pauses for a moment and shakes his head, "I am sorry I am talking as if I have already been given the position." he finishes the statement with a small laugh.
    - La Bamba

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Halfling in the Playground

Presumably Adir, Sakura and Laela plotclone their way back here, having given the contractors the plans for their house. As Adir walks along, rolling his infant daughter ahead of him (in a stroller, hopefully ), he looks at Sakura and asks, "So, uh, I was wondering if you wanted to go for a picnic or something. You, me, and Laela. Catch me up a little."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura's eyes light up. "That sounds like a great idea. Do you have anywhere in mind? Maybe just out in the woods? I bet we could find a nice spot if we go for a walk."

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Courtyard

Assuming that Pat is given her blade back, she sheathes it. "How are we to begin?" She asks as her mandible shut once more over her mouth.
    [Courtyard]

"We start with me asking how good you are at visualizing your emotions and mind. The better you are at the visualization aspect, the faster this will go." He takes a seat on the ground, his tail wrapping around in front of his crossed legs, "I you to take a seat, close your eyes, and just breathe for a moment."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

21. - Top - End - #1401

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Sakura's eyes light up. "That sounds like a great idea. Do you have anywhere in mind? Maybe just out in the woods? I bet we could find a nice spot if we go for a walk."
    "Well, on my way back to Watch, I came past this place called the Grove," Adir explains, smiling gleefully. So good to see her excited again. "Tons of forest fey. Peaceful. And nothing like that Wyld place."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #1402

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    ((On second thought, I'd rather not take up a thread like the Grove with a long conversation. Outside's better for a mundane picnic))

"Well, there's this place called the Grove," Adir says with a gleeful smile. It's good to see Sakura excited again. "Lots of forest fey. Very peaceful."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-05 at 10:33 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ogre in the Playground

"That sounds like a perfect place. What do you think, Laela?" Sakura dips her head forward to grin at the little fey. Laela giggles in response. "Great, then that's what we'll do." She says, standing straight again.

24. - Top - End - #1404

Adir grins at the child's reaction. "Arright. Do you wanna go put some food together? I'll get that carrier thing for Laela," The stag suggests, wheeling Laela toward Watch. Perhaps they can meet back in front of the tower.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ogre in the Playground

Sakura raises an eyebrow. "Me get some food?" It's like he doesn't know his own wife at all. How many plain pieces of bread did she eat when she was hungry? Too many. She laughs a little and suggests. "How about I get the carrier and you grab the food?"

26. - Top - End - #1406

Here I thought she wouldn't be getting hungry anymore?

"Fine by me," Adir says with a shrug, not really understanding. He passes the stroller to her and flashes a smile before heading inside.

The Watchtower fridge is probably well-stocked as ever. He's really got to reimburse Watch for all the food he's eaten over the past couple years.

Presumably they meet back out front in a few moments, Adir now burdened with a large covered basket. He holds that at his side, raising an eyebrow at the two dryads. "Want me to carry her?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

She's talking about when she was pregnant and couldn't prepar food to save her life. And I think I forgot to mention to you that I was thinking she should need to continue eating until she's not producing milk anymore. *nodnod*

When Adir returns, Sakura has her baby bag full stocked and is busy putting Laela into a carrier like this. "Sure." She lifts the baby, carrier and all, and holds it out in front of him so he can slip his arms in. Then she'll proceed to go to his back and buckle it up.

Laela's head lolls back against Adir's chest as she tries to look up at him. "Bhuaa! Ba ba." She babbles.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ogre in the Playground

"Lovely to meet you then KR." Claude says with a small smile. "So this doctor is an excentric, I do hope that this will not come in the way of my work but if I must put up with them then I will." Claude pauses for a moment and shakes his head, "I am sorry I am talking as if I have already been given the position." he finishes the statement with a small laugh.
    Oh. An 'eccentric'. Oh poor Claude, you will learn. Oh yes.
    "Well, you happen to have come at a good time, since we've just built a second infirmary, a second doctor is probably what we need."

29. - Top - End - #1409

Adir really must get those cooking lessons from Jeremy. Sakura could stand to have her own chef.

The stag holds his arms out to pull on the carrier, chortling heartily. He looks down at Laela and ends up just laughing more. "She is just the best thing ever."

Once his attention is dragged away from the child, Adir reaches out and attempts to take the baby bag. "Can I?" He asks with poor grammar.

Presumably it's full of diapers and toys and powder and various other baby accessories, so it can't be all that heavy. Adir just seems eager to do everything he possibly can.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Orc in the Playground

Oh. An 'eccentric'. Oh poor Claude, you will learn. Oh yes.
    "Well, you happen to have come at a good time, since we've just built a second infirmary, a second doctor is probably what we need."
    "Well I was merely expecting a nursing job but if a doctor is needed then I doctor I can be." Claude says in excitement at the better position being made available to him, "I geuss the stories about halfling luck rto be true." Claude takes a breath and then continues, "I can start as soon as you wish me to." He keeps his eyes trained on KR and tries to keep his excitment at a professional level.
    - La Bamba

-Laotzu