New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus Plot] Black Wounds

[Battle]

((She's only shielding her brain for now, so the nanites could possibly attack other parts of her body.))

Out of bullets, KR shifts her aim to either the shoulder or the elbow of the arm that's grabbing her (whichever is more convenient) and starts shooting at it with blaster bolts this time.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-07-23 at 01:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Barbarian in the Playground

Magtok grins goofily, ignoring the gun being pointed at his face.

Who, me? Oh no, I'm just here to loot what I can and watch everyone else explode what I can't.

He then tries to crane his head past Rein, to see if there's anything beyond him worth nabbing. That silly smile never leaves his face, even as Magtok stares down Rein, watching his adversary's eyes as one hand drops from the shopping cart's handle and twitches just out of sight.

Oh hey, you wouldn't happen to know where I could grab one of the mechasuits, would you? I found this nifty lightning-eye thing that'll only work right if I can see how those suits operate first.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2010-07-22 at 09:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gardens]

Reinholdt's right eye is twitching. Magtok may confuse this for psychosis and stress generated from meeting Magtok. In fact, it's because his broken leg itches a lot and he's now doing nothing to relieve it. Beyond Reinholdt is a hallway that turns rather quickly around a corner. Nothing special to see.

As Magtok's hand drops from the shopping cart handle, Reinholdt starts floating upwards, keeping the gun pointed at Magtok. He figures if Magtok plans on "shooting from the hip" he'd have to take time to aim upwards, which will give Reinholdt enough precious time to react. Higher ground theory and all that.

Of course, by doing so and floating high enough, he becomes far more visible to all those combatants out there, what with being pink and standing out and all. Still, he's rather small in comparison and not shooting or anything and he's over in a direction probably not being looked at, so whether he's noticed is anyone's guess.

"You want to loot? Be my guest. I honestly don't know if they have a mecha-suit or not, but probably. Or you could just grab one off those zombies. I don't really care either way." Just go inside or something so Reinholdt doesn't have to keep watching you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

((Sorry, man... it's not an easy rule to get used to. It's really looking like I'm not cut out for FFRP...))

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ((Sorry, man... it's not an easy rule to get used to. It's really looking like I'm not cut out for FFRP...))
    Don't worry about it. I've seen worse.
    *fondly remembers a time when his most evil heartless villain suddenly switched gender and had a secret heartthrob*
    Yeah. Much worse.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Don't worry about it. I've seen worse.
    *fondly remembers a time when his most evil heartless villain suddenly switched gender and had a secret heartthrob*
    Yeah. Much worse.
    Wait what? When was this?

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

((lol... I had forgotten that one, Rein. That was hilarious. ))

@Kris: some newbie introduced his character as Cal's secret lover without having spoken to Rein, and under the misapprehension that Cal was female))

[Gardens]

As soon as Reinholdt flies up in the air, Darcy shapes some magic, resulting in him being surrounded in a cloud of glittery particles that may have a mesmerizing effect to anyone naturally attracted to shiney things. Magtok, not being in the cloud, won't have to work quite so hard to resist it as Reinholdt, but both are likely to be vulnerable.

Even if it mesmerizes neither, it should still mess up their aim if they wanted to shoot at each other.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2010-07-23 at 08:03 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Iames Osari View Post
    The mecha-hair-tentacles are more fragile than the main body, and so Wenomir manages to do quite a bit of damage to them. Unfortunately, there are a lot of them, and so far they're managing to keep him herded away from the spots where he could do real damage.
    Wenomir breathes heavily, pumps up his demonblood fortitude to the levels he tries not to use and doubles his efforts trying to get to the vulnerable areas. He also somewhat throws the caution to the wind, risking injuries in exchange for more efficiency.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Halfling in the Playground

Streets

Jack's half-grin remains as Trent's ship appears again, aiming those weapons at him. "Oh, screw you."

But he doesn't stay longer than half a second, teleporting away before the lasers even fire.

And this time, he stays gone. In the Road. Sorry AMEN, looks as though the hollow man is tapped out for now.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2010-07-23 at 08:27 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #460
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Battle]

((She's only shielding her brain for now, so the nanites could possibly attack other parts of her body.))

Out of bullets, KR shifts her aim to either the shoulder or the elbow of the arm that's grabbing her (whichever is more convenient) and starts shooting at it with blaster bolts this time.
    ((Nope, they target brain only. Phooey.))

Ebon Mecha throws her away as she switches to blasters. In his mind's eye, a targeting reticule superimposes itself over her and tracks her flight path. Leading slightly, Ebon Mecha fires an explosive force blast at her - once it hits (or gets close enough) it will explode into the same stunning shockwave he used to try and throw her Wenomir off.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Wenomir breathes heavily, pumps up his demonblood fortitude to the levels he tries not to use and doubles his efforts trying to get to the vulnerable areas. He also somewhat throws the caution to the wind, risking injuries in exchange for more efficiency.
    As Wenomir hacks through the tentacles trying to keep him from the nearer shoulder joint, some tentacles sneak up behind him and try to jab nanite spikes into nerve clusters.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

[Battle]

Wenomir instinctively tenses and tumbles forwards to avoid the tentacles, which might also have troubles with penetrating his masterwork mail armor. However, some of them might succeed.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #462

Gardens

Magtok nods politely, as the hand that had gone down casually raises itself back up to harmlessly point off in the general direction of Inside.

Oh, and when you get back to the rest of the world, watch out. Alek recently came back and is possesing people, and I think Shepherd might be involved in this somehow, too.

He doesn't dare use the name "Kaela", as that filthy word is slightly more obscene than Shepherd in his mind, simply for being more closely associated with himself and apoca-guilt.

Believe me, it's not a fight you want to-

Magtok blinks, and points at Rein with his left hand, a blank stare on his face as he's mystified by the shiny sparkle effects. The bullet concealed in his pointer finger flies out, and attempts to become close friends with one of Reinholdt's vital organs as Mag continues talking as if he isn't presently attempting to murder the cat-man.

...Sparkles? Since when were you a vampire?
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

[Gardens]

"Shepherd's dead you jac-" Oooh. Shineys. Wait. Magtok's pointing. There may be new brain fog, but Reinholdt's more than aware of Mag's bioweapon capabilities. He flinches and starts floating away, but the shiny cloud of doom distracted him long enough that the bullet still pierces his abdomen. Not the instant kill Magtok was looking for, but still fairly bad.

Obviously that bull about Shepherd was nothing more than a distraction attempt. Reinholdt doesn't even bother shooting back or retorting, not with all these shineys floating about him, instead opting to fly over the castle roof and out of sight of Magtok and Darcy and towards the side of the flying castle town airship, trailing blood as he goes.

Now he's pink, bleeding, has an itchy broken leg, and there may or may not be a cloud of gold glittery dust following him. If there is, he's probably going to be very much visible to everyone else who's not Gordon, Magtok, and Darcy. Moreso than he already is anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #464
    Bugbear in the Playground

Poof! Elle has totally been standing here the whole time. Not being lost and forgotten at all. Nope. Infact, since the floating pink ball of glitter is being shot at the moment, and shopping in GreaseLand (tm) was rather boring, so she decides to have some fun out of this whole misadventure, and goes chasing after the disappearing sparkles. "I'll be back soon!" She calls cheerily, then makes her clambering ascent of the wall, to follow after the flier.
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

[Gardens]

Most of the glitter cloud is left behind, but as fast as he was going, without wearing goggles or closing his eyes, he probably got quite a bit in his eyes. Owie. It's not directly harmful unless he manages to scratch his cornea trying to rub it out. He's also likely to have glitter splattered all over his front, and it will probably take a bit of scrubbing to get out. Definitely going to hurt his hiding ability, but then the being pink already shot that to heck.

Darcy isn't silly enough to try climbing anything when she's still covered with grease, but she tries to zap Elly with a little energy to make her faster and able to jump farther before the catgirl is out of sight.

Then she sits down and leans back against the castle wall. "Great. Ebon's going to kill me."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Iames Osari View Post
    ((Nope, they target brain only. Phooey.))

Ebon Mecha throws her away as she switches to blasters. In his mind's eye, a targeting reticule superimposes itself over her and tracks her flight path. Leading slightly, Ebon Mecha fires an explosive force blast at her - once it hits (or gets close enough) it will explode into the same stunning shockwave he used to try and throw her Wenomir off.
    Yeah uh, should have just thrown her. KR can't fly, and would have slammed into a building and snapped her spine or something. As it is, she absorbs part of the shockwave and uses it to break/control her fall somewhat, crumpling into a stumbling roll. Painful, and she's thrown out her ankle, but nothing's broken.
    She crouches and takes aim. Too bad she didn't bring any heavier weapons. The Ford Blaster is nice, but an Anti-Tank laser or rocket would have been nicer. Well, okay, not with Wenomir hanging on like that, she can't take a shot. Of course, it's at that point she spots something out of the corner of her eye. Something pink and sparkly. Well damn.
    Wenomir or Reinholdt? Choices, choices.
    DC? She beams the thought over, as well as her thoughts for the last few seconds and a general querying thought of whether he can handle/distract Ebon Mecha or chase after Reinholdt.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Battle]

Wenomir instinctively tenses and tumbles forwards to avoid the tentacles, which might also have troubles with penetrating his masterwork mail armor. However, some of them might succeed.
    None of the tentacle spikes penetrate his armor yet. As well, it's an interesting trick to tumble along a near-vertical surface. Even assuming that Wenomir doesn't fall off altogether, he's still likely to slip down to the armor protecting the hip joints.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

With Jack out of the way, The Moff decides it can't hurt to attempt to contribute to the battle. Scalling a building on the outskirt of the battle, he pulls out the rifle he stole. I gotta get me one of these. He hunts around for a viable target for a bit before settling once again on Wenomir. He opens fire on the fighter, attempting to make life a little more complicated for him.

19. - Top - End - #469

Gardens

Magtok shrugs.

Ebony? I wouldn't worry. He's just a basic member like you or Moff or Jack or someone else who I've already forgotten about. Not second-in-command or anythingy, and certainly not capable of overruling any sort of well-deserved punishment or giving you replacement orders that would serve as an excuse to pass the buck along to someone else.

The grin returns to his face, and he wheels his cart right past her, a devious idea quickly crossing his mind.

Just a shame there aren't any bribable second-in-commands of AMEN around, right? Too baaaaaad. Nobody who could, perhaps, claim that they selfishly ordered you to let Rein go free so that you could be put to better use doing something like, I dunno, pushing this heavy cart around for them.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2010-07-23 at 11:23 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

[Brave Sir Reinholdt bravely ran away]

Fly you fool!
    Which is exactly what he's doing, one hand holding the revolver, the other holding his bleeding side.
    Only there's some sort of catperson he's never met chasing him.
    Stupid sparkles. In his eyes no less.

"WHY WON'T YOU CRAZY PEOPLE LEAVE ME ALONE?!"
    Unsure of Elly's intentions, he fires a warning shot at the ground, deliberately missing by a large margin as he flies semi-backwards as fast he can, dodging around parapets and zipping towards the airship edge. He might be a third of the way there. But so far there's plenty of roof for Elly to use to follow for whatever her purpose is.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey it looks like Reinholdt's escaping.
    "Oh damn this." Never a dull moment.
    She fires at Moff a few times with her blaster a few times, then starts running towards Reinholdt, powering through the pain of her sprained ankle (boy she's gonna regret that later) a damn any buildings or obstacles that get in her way. In fact, the first one she comes across gets scaled by way of drainpipe, then she begins highstacking her way across the rooftops. Of course, she's far behind enough that this could turn out to be a completely futile chase.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-07-23 at 11:56 PM.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Orc in the Playground

[Pursuit]

KR gets a reply as DC-the-player stops being all blah and not posting. I'll get him. Idiot says he'll deal with the mech. With that, DC floats out of the airship, gun in hand, before flying off to pursue Reinholdt. He's moving rather quickly. Reinholdt might hear something in his head. It may surprise you, but we aren't here to kill you, if you can make yourself useful.

He seems to have dealt with his leg injuries at some point. He'll have to thank Decker for that later.

Meanwhile!

[Battle]

The ship cloaks again soon after Jack's disappearance, and soon after that, someone seems to fall out of thin air-Trent himself, apparently deciding to take on Ebon Mecha on foot for some idiotic reason. "Right, everyone get back to the ship! This bastard's mine!" He raises his laser rifle, blazing away ineffectually at the mecha on full-auto...

The hell is he supposed to be accomplishing here?
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2010-07-24 at 12:10 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Way to suddenly act as soon as KR's just committed herself to chasing after Reinholdt. Now she's stuck on a rooftop half-way between either point of conflict.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Troll in the Playground

The Moff manages to dodge the blaster shots, but decides that his contribution to this battle is becoming rather futile. He'll attempt to sneak around the battle, attempting to find an intact chopper.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Gardens

Magtok shrugs.

Ebony? I wouldn't worry. He's just a basic member like you or Moff or Jack or someone else who I've already forgotten about. Not second-in-command or anythingy, and certainly not capable of overruling any sort of well-deserved punishment or giving you replacement orders that would serve as an excuse to pass the buck along to someone else.

The grin returns to his face, and he wheels his cart right past her, a devious idea quickly crossing his mind.

Just a shame there aren't any bribable second-in-commands of AMEN around, right? Too baaaaaad. Nobody who could, perhaps, claim that they selfishly ordered you to let Rein go free so that you could be put to better use doing something like, I dunno, pushing this heavy cart around for them.
    Darcy groans. "Nobody told me he had extradimensional storage. He pulled out a gun and forced me to send the zombies away and lead him out. Then we ran into you, so I took a shot at glitterbombing him, but he got away."

It all sounds perfectly reasonable to her. But just in case, she decides to get up and help push Magtok's cart anyway.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    Hey it looks like Reinholdt's escaping.
    "Oh damn this." Never a dull moment.
    She fires at Moff a few times with her blaster a few times, then starts running towards Reinholdt, powering through the pain of her sprained ankle (boy she's gonna regret that later) a damn any buildings or obstacles that get in her way. In fact, the first one she comes across gets scaled by way of drainpipe, then she begins highstacking her way across the rooftops. Of course, she's far behind enough that this could turn out to be a completely futile chase.
    Since the Airship was headed towards the castle, KR should be closer than KK thinks. Unless it stopped moving in that general direction.

There's a clocktower coming up near the castle that KR could use.
    Cause no self-respecting mecha town is without a clock tower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Pursuit]

KR gets a reply as DC-the-player stops being all blah and not posting. I'll get him. Idiot says he'll deal with the mech. With that, DC floats out of the airship, gun in hand, before flying off to pursue Reinholdt. He's moving rather quickly. Reinholdt might hear something in his head. It may surprise you, but we aren't here to kill you, if you can make yourself useful.

He seems to have dealt with his leg injuries at some point. He'll have to thank Decker for that later.
    Oh geeze. DarkComet. On top of Magtok and Ebon Mirror. It's like the convention of people he doesn't want to see. Did they pass out fliers or something?

And it does surprise him that they don't want him dead. In that he doesn't necessarily believe it. Of course, it doesn't really matter. What's he going to do to help? Shoot at the mecha with his pistol?

Sad thing is, he might've anyways perhaps maybe, but there's this catperson chasing him that was with Magtok and that only means bad news. He starts elevating his flight path to get out of reach of the chasing kitty. If she's going to physically pounce, there's a small tower she can scurry up and use to do so, but it'll be her last shot. After that, the castle roof ends and Reinholdt will probably be out of reach of Elly. Halfway to the side of the airship. Come on...
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-07-24 at 09:27 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

KR pulls out her grapple gun and uses it to ascend to the top of the of the clocktower that was so kindly pointed out to her.
    Then from this vantage point she'll attempt to air-dash-tackle Reinholdt as he flies by. Because that is clearly the only solution.
    Think fast. She communicates to DC.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-07-24 at 10:28 AM.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, noone told her live or dead! So, running along the rooftops, and with the warning shot, there was some time to think. Well, relatively consider the options that the pink thing could fly. And that's something that people just can't really manage. Worse, yet! There's another person joining in on this whole mess, and seeing as "friendly fire" wasn't part of her ettiqute with AMEN, there was certainly no reason not to...

Shoot at them. Hey, it's a tipsy situation, might as well! So, with a crackle of shots from her quickly drawn pistol, Elle tries to put them down. Either to the ground, or like an animal is fine, as long as they slow down.
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oof."
    Reinholdt honestly wasn't looking at KR, what with watching Eleven and starting to swerve when she pulled a gun.
    It's unclear as to whether he was hit with Elly's shot because he's already bleeding and now he's falling and there could be any number of causes.

Falling... falling.... WINDOW!
    Reinholdt recovers, swerving into the clocktower window with a loud shatter just to get out of the open, likely dragging KR with him as he tumbles onto a flat, horizontal rotating clock gear, barely avoiding having his head smashed by a second one as it swerves around.

"Would it help if I cried Uncle?"

I imagine Elly could jump in after them if she wanted.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2010-07-24 at 10:42 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

"Probably not." Says KR, recovering from the tumble. She attempts to kneel on Reinholdt and hold his arms in a lock, but considering she wasn't expecting to go through a window it's entirely possible Reinholdt could recover first and break free or shoot her or something.