1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: NFL stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWizard View Post
    I guess you just don't like success...
    Disliked teams:
    Cowboys and Patriots.
    {Cowboys I've hated since the 70's, and the Pats are more of a recent dislike, mostly since they are so ridiculously good.

... *coughs loudly*

I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    P.S. Another take on Marshawn Lynch's run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueR1TFFEt3g

Nice use of sound effects :)
    And another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Enemy Spy:
    You must be doing back-flips. Seattle in the playoffs at 7-9!!! And winning vs the Champs!

One of my two favorite teams is the Steelers. I would love them to face-off in the Super Bowl against the Seahawks again to settle whatever you all are whining about in Seattle, when the Steelers won #5.
    Really, do think it was even as close as that score? The Steelers have the best ownership, most supportive fan-base, AND most female fans.

I guess you just don't like success... same could be said about my friends from San Diego.

I do pull for the NFC West secretly, since the other team I was raised with is the 49ers.

Disliked teams:
    Cowboys and Patriots.
    {Cowboys I've hated since the 70's, and the Pats are more of a recent dislike, mostly since they are so ridiculously good. I rooted for them against the Bears when the 'Fridge' scored a TD in the Super Bowl. Should've been Walter Payton damnit! Walter finally got the ring, but not the Super Bowl TD.}
    No. That only annoyed me and made me a little upset about them, without making me hate them. I HATE Ben Rothlesbeger. That piece of s#!* should not be allowed to play in the league. I hate the fact your logos are only on one side. I hate the way they can't even be bothered to put any designs in their endzones. I hate their ugly throwbacks. I hate the mascot. There is not one single aspect about the Pittsburgh Steelers I don't despise.
    Except Troy Polumalu. I like him.
    If I hated success then I would hate teams like the Packers and the Saints and like them.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

As an outsider who has taken a strong like to the game (Swedish, never bothered with this sport until I married an American) I have no real local favorites for obvious reasons, but a lot of favorite teams.

Steelers
    Ravens
    Packers
    Eagles
    Giants
    Saints

...are all teams I try to watch every week. Unfortunately I have to record any game played on thursdays or sundays, for obvious reasons. It does not work well to go to work after sitting up to 6am watching a game...

The only two teams I really dislike is the Patriots and the Cowboys. Pats basically because every single team is the underdog when playing against them. Cowboys because... I don't know. Just don't like them.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    As an outsider who has taken a strong like to the game (Swedish, never bothered with this sport until I married an American) I have no real local favorites for obvious reasons, but a lot of favorite teams.
    You should go support your local(-ish) American Football teams in Sweden.
    Nearest ones to you, I'd guess would be the Västerås Roedeers (one of the least intimidating team monikers I can think of alongside the Carlshamn Oakleaves) or the Uppsala 86ers.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Ravens-Steelers
    Packers-Falcons
    Two birds versus two blue collar workers. Who will prevail?

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Wow. Just incredible. The Packers dominated the Falcons. I thought that, even if the Packers managed to win, it would be an incredibly close game. But wow, 48-21. I'm just so happy right now.

Too bad the Steelers won, I kind of wanted to see them lose. The Pats are gonna win, although it would be incredible to see the Jets pull it out. I want to see the Seahawks win, and I think they can pull it off (they did do it before, after all), mostly because I don't want the Packers to play the Bears again, but also because it's nice to see the underdogs win.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground

After that performance, I'm calling Packers vs. Patriots for the Super Bowl. And I no longer think it's gonna be a blowout on the AFC's part.
    Avatar by Sneak - The Midnight Son by Ceika
    No more a lone wolf, The Midnight Son rides again.
    Give thanks ye mortals, for he rides on the wings of an angel.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Son View Post
    After that performance, I'm calling Packers vs. Patriots for the Super Bowl. And I no longer think it's gonna be a blowout on the AFC's part.
    I'm holding onto the desperate hope that the Jets win the AFC Chanmpionship and then get blown out by whatever NFC team is in the Superbowl, preferably the Seahawks.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Son View Post
    If this happens, there will be so much drama in the Rabbit-Trog relationship, you don't even know.
    But I'm hoping it happens anyways, because when the Pats win, I will be a smug, smug girlfriend

In anycase, I am pleased by the fact everyone hates the Patriots.
    I always did like a good villain, and being born and having lived half of my life in MA, makes me an unshakable fan. And, therefore, an evil minion
    This being said, I also hate the Colts, Giants, Jets, and the Packers (I remember you stealing the Super Bowl from us when I was in second grade! >=O )

Hoping we win tomorrow, not only because I hate the Jets, but because that means we'll play the Steelers, and goodness knows DivaDe and I will have fun with that.
    By which I mean I will harass her mercilessly on Facebook all week.

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    If this happens, there will be so much drama in the Rabbit-Trog relationship, you don't even know.
    But I'm hoping it happens anyways, because when the Pats win, I will be a smug, smug girlfriend
    You mean like they won in Superbowl XXXI?

*helped his dad hang Packers stuff all day today in his den including a poster celebrating that superbowl win, in fact*

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trog View Post
    You mean like they won in Superbowl XXXI?

*helped his dad hang Packers stuff all day today in his den including a poster celebrating that superbowl win, in fact*
    The Packers scarred my childhood. I think I was depressed all of my following third grade year.

— Iain S. Thomas

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    The Packers scarred my childhood. I think I was depressed all of my following third grade year.
    Awwww...

*hugs*

I'm sure your Pats will do awesome, hon. <3

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trog View Post

Visual representation requested to verify truthfulness of aforementioned claim.

AKA: Pics or it didn't happen.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Apologize for my rude tone. My dig was mostly at a particular Chargers fan I know.

I respect good football, and think there is legitimate concern for football fans. A 7-9 team could shock the world. At least the Bears tomorrow.
    Pete Carroll's cunning is something to watch and is surprising me.

Hopefully this NFC match-up Sunday will be much better than the Packers' rout.
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2011-01-16 at 02:22 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by An Enemy Spy View Post
    I'm holding onto the desperate hope that the Jets win the AFC Chanmpionship and then get blown out by whatever NFC team is in the Superbowl, preferably the Seahawks.
    If they can beat the Pats, I think they'd have a good chance against Pittsburgh. That's a very big if though. I'm rooting for the Seahawks to beat Chicago, but it should be a close game. Of course, yesterday should've been a close game too, and we all know how that turned out. Who knows, maybe the NFC road teams will just dominate this weekend (and next).

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Visual representation requested to verify truthfulness of aforementioned claim.

AKA: Pics or it didn't happen.
    The only pic I have is of the stuff we didn't hang yet because I had it all laid out to figure out where everything had to be hung but I know my dad and he was sure to rearrange all the remaining pics that I had calculated the hanging locations for but had not yet hung up so I took a pic to be able to put them back the way I had them.

I'm helping hang more stuff later this week so we can hopefully finish up one section of wall. Might take a picture of the wall then. He's got all sorts of autographed stuff, though the jerseys and stuff are at his business hanging in the bar instead. He collects so much stuff. You could fill a small closet with all of his old Packer Reports alone.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, the Seahawks season is over. All in all, I guess I can't be too unhappy. I mean, we reclaimed the division when everyone said we couldn't, we beat the world champions, and it looks like we're back on the right track for the first time in years.
    Watch out NFL! We're taking 2011 by storm!
    Good job by the Bears too. Don't take it personally that I'll be rooting for the Packers to win the Superbowl.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

At least the 'Hawks scored a few times toward the end, but losing Carlson right at the beginning was disastrous since so much of the short passing game runs through him. Sure hope he and Trufant fully recover, those hits were scary to watch.

Grats to the Bears, I hope you guys win it all this year. As much as I can't stand Mike Martz, Lovie Smith is a class act and I'd like to see him win the big one.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

I am so depressed right now. So very, very depressed.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2011-01-16 at 07:39 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171

Planetar

I can't believe it, the Jets actually beat the Patriots. Overall a fun game to watch, and it just made the big game look a whole lot easier for the Packers NFC team. Also, that was a pretty epic cartwheel-into-backflip on the part of number 17 at the end there.

So, who's going to the Super Bowl itself? I'm rooting for the Packers, but that's gonna be a close game. I honestly don't know enough about either the Jets or the Steelers to call that one very decisively, but precedent points to the Jets, so I'll say Jets v. Packers at the Death Star.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

That Jets game was a great pick-me-up after the Hawks game.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground

Gratz to the Jets. That was some excellent defense. I do have to wonder what the Pats thought they were doing running a 10 minute drive in the 4th while behind by two scores.
    Avatar by Sneak - The Midnight Son by Ceika
    No more a lone wolf, The Midnight Son rides again.
    Give thanks ye mortals, for he rides on the wings of an angel.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Well that sucked. What was with all the dropped passes there at the end?

Ugh. Rex Ryan is such a tool.

Double-ugh. The Steelers' route to Yet Another Super Bowl just got easier.
    Currently playing: Jathal Darsha'an; Linie

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I am so depressed right now. So very, very depressed.
    Yeah. I'm going to drown my misery in Glee and raspberry vodka.
    Gawd, I hate New York so bad.

— Iain S. Thomas

26. - Top - End - #176

RangerGuy

WooHoo! Go Bears! What, nobody's talking about the Bears? That's the way we like it.

Seriously, if we play as well as we did in this game we can beat *anyone*. I wasn't even afraid of the Pats after I watched that. Now I'm even less worried.

Hoping the Steelers win next week. Mostly because I love defense.

An yeah, I wouldn't get too excited about the Seahawks. Still think they were the third best team in their toilet of a division this year and St. Louis is going to get better.

27. - Top - End - #177

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by raitalin View Post
    WooHoo! Go Bears! What, nobody's talking about the Bears? That's the way we like it.

Seriously, if we play as well as we did in this game we can beat *anyone*. I wasn't even afraid of the Pats after I watched that. Now I'm even less worried.
    You clearly didn't see the Packers game Saturday. Every single aspect of the team was doing fantastic. Not to say the Bears didn't play well today. It's gonna be an interesting game next week.

I'm surprised an NFC fan wants the Steelers to win. The Jets will be an easier game for either the Packers or the Bears.

28. - Top - End - #178

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AshDesert View Post
    You clearly didn't see the Packers game Saturday. Every single aspect of the team was doing fantastic. Not to say the Bears didn't play well today. It's gonna be an interesting game next week.

I'm surprised an NFC fan wants the Steelers to win. The Jets will be an easier game for either the Packers or the Bears.
    Nope, I saw it, and they did play extremely well. They were one of the best teams coming into the playoffs. If the game was at Lambeau I'd give them the edge, but we host, so I'm feeling optimistic.

Like I say, I just like defense and I like the Steelers organization. I'm honestly not terribly worried about either team. The Steelers made a lot of mistakes against the Ravens and I think the Bears superior offense (so weird to say as a Bears fan) will make them pay dearly for those. Biggest game of the year happens next week in Chicago.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by raitalin View Post

An yeah, I wouldn't get too excited about the Seahawks. Still think they were the third best team in their toilet of a division this year and St. Louis is going to get better.
    Third worst teams in toilets of divisions don't beat teams like the Saints. Therefore, we are not the third worst team in a toilet of a division, we are the best team in a toilet of a division.
    Also, what's so bad about playing in a lousy division? Better than always having to play good teams every year.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by An Enemy Spy View Post
    Third worst teams in toilets of divisions don't beat teams like the Saints. Therefore, we are not the third worst team in a toilet of a division, we are the best team in a toilet of a division.
    Also, what's so bad about playing in a lousy division? Better than always having to play good teams every year.
    ...Why wouldn't you want to play good teams?
    If you get places by just beating lousy teams, you can't say you're a good team at all.

— Iain S. Thomas