Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1491
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: My Little Pony X: We Trot 'til We Drop

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    Celestia's way too old for her.

Hm, who WOULD I ship Twilight with?

... I am fundamentally unable to imagine Twilight in a ship. I don't think she's even discovered boys/girls yet outside of a technical understanding of reproduction.
    The thing was, I was just watching the Gala episode, where they all described what they hoped the evening would be like, and then the subtext was all clear to my imagination, plain as day. Like pieces of a puzzle coming together. Of course, the nature of the ship would be similar - pieces of the puzzle coming together without any of the participants noticing them doing so, before the journey of exploration finally embarks.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post

@LunaxTwilight shipping

Those are kinda cute, but honestly they seemed too out of character for me.
    And how's that Lyra fic coming along?

Oh dear Celestia all these image dumps. My poor browser.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #1443

The best single moment I think would show that this show isn't what the neigh-sayers think it is would be:

Fluttershy scaring down the baby cockatrice to get it to leave the Cutie Mark Crusaders alone, turn Twilight Sparkle and her chicken back from stone, and to not pull his misbehaviour again while the same baby cockatrice is staring her into stone.

4. - Top - End - #1444

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by invinible View Post
    The best single moment I think would show that this show isn't what the neigh-sayers think it is would be:

Fluttershy scaring down the baby cockatrice to get it to leave the Cutie Mark Crusaders alone, turn Twilight Sparkle and her chicken back from stone, and to not pull his misbehaviour again while the same baby cockatrice is staring her into stone.
    Iron Heart Surge.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

That episode is great in general, but I love the horror moment of finding Stone Twilight. Just the solid THUMP of stone Twilight hitting the ground is legitimately cool.

Also, are you new Analysis? Do you need to be welcomed?
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-17 at 09:55 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ettin in the Playground

... I am fundamentally unable to imagine Twilight in a ship. I don't think she's even discovered boys/girls yet outside of a technical understanding of reproduction.
    There's plenty of interesting answers, but the only one that really works for me is Twilight x Trixie. Partially because Twixie is the cutest ship name ever, and partially because I really really want Midnight to exist. Lyra can stalk the both of them in the background en route to sorting out her own problems.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Barbarian in the Playground

The fact that such an obscure (by non-D&D nerd standards) fantasy monster was even used should be enough evidence that this show is nothing like what the neigh-sayers think.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

8. - Top - End - #1448

NecromancerGirl

Also, are you new Analysis? Do you need to be welcomed?
    That would depend on the definition of new.

EDIT: Regardless of which, the intent of welcome is appreciated.
    Last edited by Analytica; 2011-06-17 at 10:03 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    There's plenty of interesting answers, but the only one that really works for me is Twilight x Trixie. Partially because Twixie is the cutest ship name ever, and partially because I really really want Midnight to exist. Lyra can stalk the both of them in the background en route to sorting out her own problems.
    Hm. I'm ambivalent to Twixie much like I'm ambivalent to most Trixie things. Probably because I don't tend to buy into "these two characters fought, therefore shipping must happen."

Though the name is cute.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-17 at 10:08 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

10. - Top - End - #1450

I think it should be pretty obvious that I, too, support that combination. For much the same reasons as stated.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Lyra is having fun. Definitely rope-tastic fun.

Reposting image.

Spoiler
    Show

Though the challenge now how to slip in cameos of all the posters in this thread without being too obvious about it.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-06-17 at 10:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground

Reposting image.

Spoiler
    Show

Though the challenge now how to slip in cameos of all the posters in this thread without being too obvious about it.
    Lyra breaks her mask and attacks Twilight in front of a crowd of various ponies.

Lyra: YOU'RE GOING TO **** ME!

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    You think she'd try to do romance according to a book, too? If so, I could see a rather cliche romantic comedy situation coming out of this. A bitter pony recovering from a nasty breakup meets with the awkward, naive, but kind Twilight Sparkle who believes one can find romance within the pages of a guide.
    Would the other pony be the author of the guide Twilight is reading?

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Would the other pony be the author of the guide Twilight is reading?
    What a tweest!

I'd be interested in seeing that story, be it pony or not pony.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-17 at 10:25 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

[SPOILER]
    All of them? Sneakily? That might be difficult.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    I just wanted to watch Call of the Cutie and saw that Sweetie Bell is aparently a chameleon:

Spoiler
    Show

And, if you look at the other side of the classroom, so is Scootaloo!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    One of us. ONE OF US. ONE OF US.
    Her army is growing... <.< >.>

This strikes me as very probable, but also kind of sad. It would be kind of funny to see a fic where things finally dawn on her.

Twilight: Wait...seriously...I-I think I need a minute *faints in a decidedly Rarity-esque fashion*

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    I think it should be pretty obvious that I, too, support that combination. For much the same reasons as stated.
    I'm pretty sure that it's your fault I'm aboard the H.M.S. Twixie, EsperDerek...

Reposting image.

Spoiler
    Show

Yes! Soon psycho Lyra will rule all!

Lyra breaks her mask and attacks Twilight in front of a crowd of various ponies.

If I had been drinking anything while reading this, it would have come out my nose...

Also, this thread really picked up between leaving work and getting home!
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Banned

Yay! A lull in the waves.

THE SECRET ORIGIN OF GUARDOPOLIS.

Guardopolis was a young pegaus living in Canterlot, the son of millionaires Thomas and Martha Opolis. One day, after leaving a showing of the opera The Mask of Zecoro, they were gunned arrowed down in a back alley by a greedy thug. That day, Guardopolis swore revenge on the criminal element. He trained his body and mind to the peak of pony perfection and traveled the world, learning ancient arts in the land of Neighpon and The Steppes. Finally, returning home, he found out that Canterlot hadn't had a violent crime in the entire 15 years he'd been away and it didn't look like there'd be another.

So he became Celestia's guard instead.
    I am ok with this c:

Quote Originally Posted by Analysis View Post
    I... I just googled for "shipping twilight sparkle with princess celestia". Is something wrong with me?
    Sure. You stopped at CelestiaxTwilight.
    More seriously, ship, being short for relationship, could mean anything from friendship to intimacy, to familial. So no, I would say there is not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post

Oh dear Celestia all these image dumps. My poor browser.
    There were image dumps? I just thought a slew of question marks in blue boxes in spoilers was a new in joke. Speaking of poor browsers, that is XD

EEEyep.

Hm. I'm ambivalent to Twixie much like I'm ambivalent to most Trixie things. Probably because I don't tend to buy into "these two characters fought, therefore shipping must happen."

Though the name is cute.
    I don't believe that that is the only justification for it. I find the pairing as neutral in cause as any other. The only legitimate chemistry between characters thus far has been the secret look and rose between Ditzy Doo and Fluttershy.
    Though I still insist the entire first meeting of Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash was Dash flirting, and Twilight manipulating her into doing something.

Hm. I could run with that...

... I am frightened by the implications of the asterisks. Or disturbed. Put off? Perturbed. Perturbed! That's the one. I am perturbed.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    All of them? Sneakily? That might be difficult.
    It's not a meta-fanfic without cameos darnit. (I already added... 5 posters.)

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Yes! Soon psycho Lyra will rule all!

If I had been drinking anything while reading this, it would have come out my nose...
    Just as planned.

EDIT: Oh dear, I just realised I'm also referencing to other fanfics now. (Have fun spotting them) This cannot be more meta than it already is.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-06-17 at 10:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Troll in the Playground

... I have never heard a non-sexual, storge/philia/agape definition of shipping before. Huh.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-06-17 at 10:46 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Troll in the Playground

A reposted image, because I can't get enough of it, and it hasn't appeared for a few pages:

Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: And because tickling has become an image theme on this thread and Ponibooru for some reason:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-06-17 at 10:54 PM.

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak586 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Made me laugh when I was on my laptop during development life-cycles... I hate you, but Pinkie approves
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Titan in the Playground

Probably because I don't tend to buy into "these two characters fought, therefore shipping must happen."
    Tell that to Lix Lorn and Grif.

To clarify to the rest of the playground. They are shipping a Paladin with a genocidal maniac. A genocidal maniac that the Paladin was a micro-meter from Decapitating. Not only this, there's still a very good chance that said Paladin will end up killing said genocidal maniac.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-06-17 at 11:04 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

What a tweest!

I'd be interested in seeing that story, be it pony or not pony.
    I cannot second this notion hard enough, simply because the results will be hilarious.

Probably because I don't tend to buy into "these two characters fought, therefore shipping must happen."
    Grif and his shotgun technically have fought...together. Does that count?
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-06-17 at 11:07 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Tell that to Lix Lorn and Grif.

To clarify to the rest of the playground. They are shipping a Paladin with a genocidal maniac. A genocidal maniac that the Paladin was a micro-meter from Decapitating. Not only this, there's still a very good chance that said Paladin will end up killing said genocidal maniac.
    Okay.

HEY GRIF AND LIX LORN. I DON'T BUY INTO SHIPPING OF ENEMIES.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Firbolg in the Playground

Okay.

You sank their *sunglasses* battleship.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay.

I endorse that shipping primarily because the rule of funny states that shipping a paladin with a genocidal maniac will always result in lulz.

It says right here. Pg 328, Section B.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Troll in the Playground

Okay.

This is what happens after the 'frenemies' stage...

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

I endorse that shipping primarily because the rule of funny states that shipping a paladin with a genocidal maniac will always result in lulz.

It says right here. Pg 328, Section B.
    Man, I need to update my manuals. These newfangled editions have rules for everything now.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    This is what happens after the 'frenemies' stage...
    But that only works if, like Photo Finish/Purple Pie, the frenemyship is one way and the other player is unaware of the "game."

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Troll in the Playground

But that only works if, like Photo Finish/Purple Pie, the frenemyship is one way and the other player is unaware of the "game."
    Ahhh, the tangled courtship rites of the fashion elite...

Spoiler
    Show